Rishi wins!

ri Alban

periodictabledancer
1 hour ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Captain Y-fronts doesn't know how a Parliamentary system works. Do we even teach Citizenship in schools anymore?

561823671_Screenshot_2022-10-24-16-08-30-761_com.duckduckgo.mobile.android2.thumb.jpg.9007c73951a887a1f253cb23bf8b57d6.jpg

We can safely say he does and we can safely say there are very good reasons why you and your ilk will not adress the points made by Bryant and many others today but hide behind the fig leaf of " we don't have to !!!! ". 

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Dazo

• Mikey1874

• periodictabledancer

Cairneyhill Jambo
1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Nucky Soros is that rich he'll be buying a caravan in Monaco .

He was last seen making his way to his local cash generator to invest in some Euros.

2_Del-Boy-3.jpg

dobmisterdobster
4 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

We can safely say he does and we can safely say there are very good reasons why you and your ilk will not adress the points made by Bryant and many others today but hide behind the fig leaf of " we don't have to !!!! ". 

He's not making any points other than a Prime Minister should face a public vote (not how it works) and spouting childish hyperbole by calling Britain a banana republic. Just your average Labour MP.

The Mighty Thor
Just now, dobmisterdobster said:

He's not making any points other than a Prime Minister should face a public vote (not how it works) and spouting childish hyperbole by calling Britain a banana republic. Just your average Labour MP.

The world is calling Britain a Banana Republic. 

It's a fair assertion after 12 years of the Junta. 

periodictabledancer
1 hour ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Captain Y-fronts doesn't know how a Parliamentary system works. Do we even teach Citizenship in schools anymore?

561823671_Screenshot_2022-10-24-16-08-30-761_com.duckduckgo.mobile.android2.thumb.jpg.9007c73951a887a1f253cb23bf8b57d6.jpg

And it looks like the far right wing Tories aren't happy either :rofl:

Bruges Group 

@BrugesGroup

·

3h

Rishi Sunak was rejected overwhelmingly by Conservative Party Members mere weeks ago. MPs are about to crown him leader regardless. It’s a decision which will alienate activists (upon whom MPs rely to campaign on their behalf), with significant ramifications for the next GE

periodictabledancer
2 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

He has made very fundamental points about our (lack of ) democracy.

But you didn't address that , you just insulted him. 

And you're doing it again. 

Footballfirst

Part of his address to the nation.

"It is the greatest privilege of my life to be able to serve the party I love and be able to give back to the country I owe so much to."

If I was a Labour MP at Sunak's first PMQs, I'd be asking if the reference to owing so much to the country related to his and his wife's tax liabilities.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, periodictabledancer said:

Bruges Group 

@BrugesGroup

·

3h

Rishi Sunak was rejected overwhelmingly by Conservative Party Members mere weeks ago. MPs are about to crown him leader regardless. It’s a decision which will alienate activists (upon whom MPs rely to campaign on their behalf), with significant ramifications for the next GE

:pleasing:

periodictabledancer
Just now, Footballfirst said:

"It is the greatest privilege of my life to be able to serve the party I love and be able to give back to the country I owe so much to."

If I was a Labour MP at Sunak's first PMQs, I'd be asking if the reference to owing so much to the country related to his and his wife's tax liabilities.

:clap:

2 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

image.png.09d90345783ddc37192d4be6dfd33d63.png

More typical Labour MPs?

dobmisterdobster
3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

His wife is not obliged to pay taxes in relation to her Infosys shares. They do not operate in this country.

11 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Indeed, it's a banana monarchy.

Jeffros Furios
1 minute ago, dobmisterdobster said:

His wife is not obliged to pay taxes in relation to her Infosys shares. They do not operate in this country.

:rofl: you should get a job for tories r us 

dobmisterdobster
7 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

He has made very fundamental points about our (lack of ) democracy.

But you didn't address that , you just insulted him. 

And you're doing it again. 

Parliamentary democracy is working as it should. He should admit that instead of being so craven.

9 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Bruges Group 

@BrugesGroup

·

3h

Let them be mad. Who cares?

The Mighty Thor
Just now, dobmisterdobster said:

Or indeed give a shit about the bounce back loans and other covid support funding businesses she was involved in received and bumped the tax man for. 

Tories eh?

WorldChampions1902
13 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The world is calling Britain a Banana Republic. 

It's a fair assertion after 12 years of the Junta. 

A 12 Year Junta. Sounds like a bottle of Malt.

WorldChampions1902
13 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Very good! 👏

Footballfirst
9 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

My understanding of the tax legislation is that, her being a UK tax resident means that any dividends or capital gains realised on those shares would be taxable in the UK, unless she continues to be registered as a "non-dom". Any taxation applied by the jurisdiction in which they are registered would of course be offset when calculating her UK liability  

Edited by Footballfirst

manaliveits105

Sturgeon bleating on about second person to be made party leader and prime minister without being elected by public 

aw just like when you took over from Alex 

brassneck of it 

periodictabledancer
1 minute ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Parliamentary democracy is working as it should. He should admit that instead of being so craven.

Let them be mad. Who cares?

"Parliamentary democracy is working as it should"  :lol: Looks like there's plenty in the Tory party who don't agree with you. 

There you go again with the insults.   "Craven" - do you even understand the meaning of the words you use ? 

"Who cares?"     you obviously do. 

4 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Sturgeon bleating on about second person to be made party leader and prime minister without being elected by public 

brassneck of it 

Every day a school day, wasn't aware of that.

periodictabledancer
5 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

brassneck of it 

:rofl:

1/10. 

I P Knightley
45 minutes ago, pablo said:

Watched the video of him blanking Matt Hancock a few times now. It's superb. The look on Hancock's face is class.

Hilarious to watch the hope and enthusiasm drain so quickly from wee Matty's face.

Footballfirst
6 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

brassneck of it 

Apart from NS not being "prime minister", she was due to face a Scottish election around 6 months after her appointment, following her election as party leader and consequently to the position of first minister in November 2014.

The Scottish election was due to take place in May 2015 (four year term), but was delayed by a year to accommodate a UK General Election instead.  

Incidentally the SNP won 56 out of the 59 seats in the 2015 UK election, so I'd suggest that the Scottish public did have its chance to vote and gave her an overwhelming mandate.

dobmisterdobster
14 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

"Parliamentary democracy is working as it should"  :lol: Looks like there's plenty in the Tory party who don't agree with you. 

There you go again with the insults.   "Craven" - do you even understand the meaning of the words you use ? 

"Who cares?"     you obviously do. 

It is working. MPs can dislike the outcome all they want. Doesn't change anything. Prime Ministers are never elected. They govern with the confidence of Parliament.

Craven is the appropriate term. He must know what he is saying is ignorant nonsense. But how else would he get his social media likes from the angry mob?

19 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

brassneck of it 

When "Alex" stopped being First Minister was there not a vote between Nicola Sturgeon and Ruth Davidson the Scottish Conservative leader to see who would become First Minister?

Correct me if my memory is wrong.

I know that's not a public vote but there was a vote at least.

Edited by graygo

Nicola Sturgeon has won two Scottish General Elections and the SNP has absolutely hammered everybody else in three different UK general elections.

So that's 5 different public mandates reaching back 7 years

:greggy: :sweeet:

I P Knightley
33 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

I re-read the quote you posted to find the bit where he supposedly claimed that a PM should face public vote. He didn't say it; it's not there.

You should read it again, perhaps more slowly, and maybe you'll see the point he's made.

Given that both Johnson and Mogg are on record saying that a change of leadership should result in a general election, it's maybe understandable that you're putting their words into Bryant's mouth.

27 minutes ago, RobboM said:

image.png.09d90345783ddc37192d4be6dfd33d63.png

More typical Labour MPs?

Old Nads, there, deciding to have a shout about the system when it's a wee brown man and not her flaxen-haired hero. Yet, she kept schtumm when it was another of Johnson's **** buddies, Truss, who was handed the keys of Number 10 without a GE.

Daft old bint is hurting. It's sad to see.

19 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Who cares about Sunak? 

Anyone wanna back up and talk about M**k F******s again?  :eek: :hae36: 

Apart from appearing like a jumped up little official out of Dad's Army to give his blessing to whoever would win the leadership, has Francoinker been up to anything fresh in the fumbly handsy department?

Malinga the Swinga
37 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

My understanding of the tax legislation is that, her being a UK tax resident means that any dividends or capital gains realised on those shares would be taxable in the UK, unless she continues to be registered as a "non-dom". Any taxation applied by the jurisdiction in which they are registered would of course be offset when calculating her UK liability  

I'm sure the tax experts she uses are very much aware of the tax laws of this country. I know some on here hang on your word, no idea why, but I'd stick to tax experts rather than some random non qualified self appointed expert.

The Mighty Thor
39 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Who cares about Sunak? 

Anyone wanna back up and talk about M**k F******s again?  :eek: :hae36: 

His absence from Westminster was a bit sudden and remains unexplained. 

manaliveits105

When she took over she was an unelected FM - fact 

Following the defeat of the Yes Scotland campaign in the referendum, Salmond resigned and Sturgeon was elected unopposed as SNP leader in November 2014 and appointed as first minister.

periodictabledancer
24 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

It is working. MPs can dislike the outcome all they want. Doesn't change anything. Prime Ministers are never elected. They govern with the confidence of Parliament.

Craven is the appropriate term. He must know what he is saying is ignorant nonsense. But how else would he get his social media likes from the angry mob?

Well aparently they can't given you're right royally p'd off at Bryant. 

And you're still indulging in personal insults and compounding it because "craven" has nothing to do with "ignorant nonsense".  

"Angry mob" though   :facepalm: 

Edited by periodictabledancer

periodictabledancer
2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

When she took over she was an unelected FM - fact  That's the bit you got right, hence 1/10.  The rest is  completely false equivalence. 

Following the defeat of the Yes Scotland campaign in the referendum, Salmond resigned and Sturgeon was elected unopposed as SNP leader in November 2014 and appointed as first minister.

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Come on now, stop using facts when talking about Scotland. 

She's been unopposed in her husband's every whim since being elected leader, given that no deviation from Mr Murrell's opinion is tolerated.

He is unelected FM of Scotland since 2014

The Mighty Thor
Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Come on now, stop using facts when talking about Scotland. 

She's been unopposed in her husband's every whim since being elected leader, given that no deviation from Mr Murrell's opinion is tolerated.

He is unelected FM of Scotland since 2014

😂

Bet that sounded brilliant in your head. 

Footballfirst
4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I'm sure the tax experts she uses are very much aware of the tax laws of this country. I know some on here hang on your word, no idea why, but I'd stick to tax experts rather than some random non qualified self appointed expert.

I'm sure that she has total faith in the tax experts she employs (it's a potential multi million liability for her after all).  Were you referring to "dobmisterdobster" by any chance. 

39 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Every day a school day, wasn't aware of that.

Except of course he is wrong, there was a vote in Hollyrood and Sturgeon won.

manaliveits105
1 minute ago, briever said:

Except of course he is wrong, there was a vote in Hollyrood and Sturgeon won.

same as Truss and Sunak in reality 

31 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

A Prime Minister is technically elected by the Parliament, and there's nothing legally binding to tie it to a mandate. Any notion of democratic legitimacy is implied, not explicit.

By the same token, the Brexit referendum was not legally binding, and is only seen as inviolable because of the implied democratic legitimacy.

Given the ongoing catastrophe that is Brexit, would you think it legitimate for Rishi (or any PM for that matter) to try to roll it back?

Footballfirst
4 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

same as Truss and Sunak in reality 

Not really as she was elected on a vote of all MSPs.

She defeated Willie Rennie in 2016 and DRoss and Rennie in 2021

Edited by Footballfirst

15 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Slipped up her chief. You're better than this.

Edited by hughesie27

2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Indeed.

Just checked my pension. £10K missing due to these incompetent arseholes. 

Its all a big joke but these feckerz running the place have caused deaths, grief, poverty and have lied, cheated and lied again when they got caught. They dont care about you or I, just their cosy wee jobs.

To be fair Sunak was crystal clear that Liz Truss' tax cutting was grossly irresponsible. He didn't hold back during the leadership election campaign despite probably knowing it could cost him. 

I agree on the wider point that its 12 years of shit government. 

manaliveits105

Sturgeon was the first, and only one, to announce their candidacy for leadership of the SNP. Many prominent members of the SNP were speculated to run, however, they declined and instead endorsed Sturgeon for leader. On 15 October 2014, she was confirmed as the next leader of the SNP, becoming the de facto leader-in-waiting. Sturgeon officially succeeded Salmond unopposed at the party's conference in November 2014. She became the first female leader and was subsequently appointed First Minister of Scotland.

ooh just like today really