Rishi wins!

ri Alban

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

BBC propaganda saying he has 100. The old trick to get others to back him. 

Why haven't they declared?

Bbc news said this morning he only had 50 verifiable votes. 

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Dazo

• Mikey1874

• periodictabledancer

8 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

sunak has now confirmed he is standing to be tory leader/pm

Sunak is calling Johnson's bluff

Meanwhile Johnson checks ...

image.jpeg

WorldChampions1902
5 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

This is what gets me.

How the **** is that allowed to happen.

Surely there must be some economic computer model (even a ****ing excel spreadsheet) that can be run to show a balance deficit.

Going to say something daring here :lol:.

For economic thickos like me, Ms Chebs was giving me a tax cut, reversing NI rise and helping my energy bill 2 years. Obviously, deficit made it impossible.

Now, all I am getting is a 6 month energy bill help and about an extra £150 to find on my mortgage.

As I said, economic thicko. So take it easy on me  as some my post is probably wrong.

Truss and Kwarteng refused to consult with the independent OBR when they put together their fantasy mini-budget. The OBR consequently felt compelled to approach the government with an offer to provide that report, and were effectively told to STFU and FO. That report traditionally provides governments with an independent sanity check on their financial proposals, which gives them an early opportunity to change tack if their budget is deemed damaging.

Clearly, Truss and Kwarteng knew that their experiment was going to be badly condemned by the OBR, which is why they refused to engage with them. This all has echoes of Brexit, where just about every credible economist on the planet predicted the very negative impact to the U.K. economy, which the government effectively countered with the phrase, “we’ve had enough of experts”. So this OBR debacle is just an extension of those same, shameful tactics.

35 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Truss and Kwarteng refused to consult with the independent OBR when they put together their fantasy mini-budget. The OBR consequently felt compelled to approach the government with an offer to provide that report, and were effectively told to STFU and FO. That report traditionally provides governments with an independent sanity check on their financial proposals, which gives them an early opportunity to change tack if their budget is deemed damaging.

Clearly, Truss and Kwarteng knew that their experiment was going to be badly condemned by the OBR, which is why they refused to engage with them. This all has echoes of Brexit, where just about every credible economist on the planet predicted the very negative impact to the U.K. economy, which the government effectively countered with the phrase, “we’ve had enough of experts”. So this OBR debacle is just an extension of those same, shameful tactics.

Thanks for that.

Beyond scandalous really.

3 hours ago, Dazo said:

Yet, ****ing Rees Mogg saying over a 100 on BBC this morning.

Another snake of most snakiest.

Just now, Tommy Brown said:

Yet, ****ing Rees Mogg saying over a 100 on BBC this morning.

Another snake of most snakiest.

Rees mogg is best ignored. 

Malinga the Swinga
3 hours ago, Dazo said:

I do believe Mogg, everyone's favourite piece of shit, has said Boris will definitely stand.

In one way, I hope he does and loses. His own party rejecting him would be the end for the gormless *****.

5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I do believe Mogg, everyone's favourite piece of shit, has said Boris will definitely stand.

In one way, I hope he does and loses. His own party rejecting him would be the end for the gormless *****.

Yep that would be the best scenario, unfortunately the members have already proved they can’t be trusted. 

9 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

In the bizarre world of Tory politics, re-voting a man who you only voted out a matter of weeks ago through no confidence. They will do it, why?

Because the hard of thinking electorate seem to back him. Tory mps will do this to keep themselves in power.

Incredible that this can even be proposed, never mind getting pushed through.

We reap what sow.

Give me independence, its got to be better than this shitshow.

4 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

In the bizarre world of Tory politics, re-voting a man who you only voted out a matter of weeks ago through no confidence. They will do it, why?

Because the hard of thinking electorate seem to back him. Tory mps will do this to keep themselves in power.

Incredible that this can even be proposed, never mind getting pushed through.

We reap what sow.

Give me independence, its got to be better than this shitshow.

Its desperation tactics from a branch of the Tories that see a Labour landslide on the horizon.  Reselecting Boris is hardly going to help when he started their downfall with his numerous failings I'm not going to repeat.

Malinga the Swinga
25 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Its desperation tactics from a branch of the Tories that see a Labour landslide on the horizon.  Reselecting Boris is hardly going to help when he started their downfall with his numerous failings I'm not going to repeat.

It's not going to prove the vote winner that some of the Tory membership believe.

Rishi gives them a slight chance, a one in ten chance, that they can pull labour back.

Selecting Boris pushes that to one in a thousand.

Desperate people do desperate things though and you can't get more desperate than Tories.

1 hour ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

.... and add on to that.
Bank of England was not briefed on the plans.
The plans would likely add to inflation
Bank of England would respond to higher inflation by raising interest rates even higher.
Higher interest rates would slow down the economy.
A slowed down economy would mean the Govt needs to borrow even more money to fund the mini budget.
Everyone reacted by saying that is batshit crazy .... and very, very expensive so the cost of borrowing that money to cover the gap would be much more expensive.

Regular folks have to pay the bill for all the above.

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

It's not going to prove the vote winner that some of the Tory membership believe.

Rishi gives them a slight chance, a one in ten chance, that they can pull labour back.

Selecting Boris pushes that to one in a thousand.

Desperate people do desperate things though and you can't get more desperate than Tories.

Agreed.  Its just batshit mental to think you can bring Boris back after what he has done and somehow win the next election let alone stabalise the economy.

4 hours ago, Dazo said:

They backtracking, some.

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

They backtracking, some.

To be fair unless someone has publicly backed him it’s hard to say how many he has. Can’t believe people are backing him though. 😂

7 minutes ago, Dazo said:

To be fair unless someone has publicly backed him it’s hard to say how many he has. Can’t believe people are backing him though. 😂

It's more the BBC ramping up support for Boris.

jack D and coke
15 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Make up your own mind.

Someone on here was saying he said british :lol: he couldn’t have said England and English more if he tried! 
Britain is England and England is Britain.

Reminds me of a couple I spoke to in Oz when talking about Andy Murray said I don’t know how they can say he’s the first British winner of Wimbledon for years I mean he’s not even English :lol: 

WorldChampions1902
41 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Make up your own mind.

Christ on a bike! What an utter racist scumbag that caller is. How the hell Sangita managed to keep calm is beyond me.

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Christ on a bike! What an utter racist scumbag that caller is. How the hell Sangita managed to keep calm is beyond me.

A Tory party member no less. 

Not a lunatic, not a headbanger, a semi articulate ex serviceman. 

These are the ***** that return the Tories time after time. 

6 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

She forgot to mention that Johnson was actually born in the US.

WorldChampions1902

No she didn’t. And that racist p***k just batted it away.

1 minute ago, briever said:

She forgot to mention that Johnson was actually born in the US.

25 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

No she didn’t. And that racist p***k just batted it away.

Apologies I didn't watch it all the way through.

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Make up your own mind.

Pretty much sums up why Sunak had little chance of getting more votes than Truss in the leadership election in the summer. Nothing to do with ability, everything to do with his heritage.
According to this guy, most of the Conservative membership think the same way as him. He’s proud to publicly shout out that these are his views. Just a shameless goon.

I P Knightley
19 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Latest on who is backing who

As things stand 201 out of 357 Tory MPs have publicly spoken out about who they're backing.

Here's the breakdown:

• Rishi Sunak - 125 MPs

• Boris Johnson - 53 MPs

• Penny Mordaunt - 23 MPs

They're the noisiest 53 fokkers I've come across. There's no escaping them on Twitter.

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

With apologies to JKB's ex-servicemen but the armed forces don't have breed more than their fair share of right-wing jackbooted nutjobs, do they?

Edited by I P Knightley

If!! Sunack get the gig by the MP vote the Tory rank n file will implode. There is no way they will accept a leader of " colour" . We ain't seen the last of this shitshow. A GE is the only solution IMO.

The tricky thing for the guy on the radio show is that immigration is the number 1 thing needed to grow the economy so public spending can be protected and even enhanced. 

4 minutes ago, Imaman said:

Born in America 

I knew that. New York I believe, thanks to the oh so delightful Stanley working there at the time. BJ was a dual citizen until about 10 years ago and sold a house in London and got a huge tax demand from the US Tax Authorities, whereupon he gave up his US citizenship. 

joondalupjambo
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Make up your own mind.

So is this vote only for England's PM?  Did I miss our Independence victory?  And who is Ritchie that the racist keeps on talking about?

All very scary stuff in that clip.

7 hours ago, RobboM said:

.... and add on to that.
Bank of England was not briefed on the plans.
The plans would likely add to inflation
Bank of England would respond to higher inflation by raising interest rates even higher.
Higher interest rates would slow down the economy.
A slowed down economy would mean the Govt needs to borrow even more money to fund the mini budget.
Everyone reacted by saying that is batshit crazy .... and very, very expensive so the cost of borrowing that money to cover the gap would be much more expensive.

Regular folks have to pay the bill for all the above.

Aye.... "no more think-tanks" was Truss's proud boast before she and Kwazy Kwasi trashed the economy.   It sounded very similar to Gove's cracker in 2016 "we've had enough of experts".

Incredible arrogance - such people should NEVER be allowed anywhere near government again.  Or better still, barred from standing at future elections.

8 hours ago, frankblack said:

Yeah, but the trouble is the rank & file Tory membership in the shires - it seems the majority still love Boris and now think Sunak was Brutus incarnate.     If somehow de Pfeffel gets his 100 nominations, he's seriously back in the game  - cuddly white  landslide-winning Boris v. brown back-stabbing Indian guy.

As some have said above, the seethe from the membership if Boris fails to get his 100 by 14.00 tomorrow will be :glorious:to behold.

3 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Yeah, but the trouble is the rank & file Tory membership in the shires - it seems the majority still love Boris and now think Sunak was Brutus incarnate.     If somehow de Pfeffel gets his 100 nominations, he's seriously back in the game  - cuddly white  landslide-winning Boris v. brown back-stabbing Indian guy.

As some have said above, the seethe from the membership if Boris fails to get his 100 by 14.00 tomorrow will be :glorious:to behold.

Might want to turn on Sky News 

On 21/10/2022 at 14:11, RobboM said:

FWIW I reckon Johnson is just w***ing off to the adulation and has NO interest in leading the Tories through the forthcoming economic shit show 🙂

Called it 😂
An utter shitebag, coward, charlatan, Eton ****ing mess of a ****

Malinga the Swinga

Rishi v Penny. Penny will get votes from Boris followers as they won't vote brown.

If it goes to members, she could well win

56 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Called it 😂
An utter shitebag, coward, charlatan, Eton ****ing mess of a ****

:notworthy:   .   Makes you wonder if Rishi told him the actual truth yesterday about what an utter shambles the country's finances are in.   

Looking forward now to hearing outraged  Tory members  from England-shire tomorrow calling in to  talk-radio progs !!       

59 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Rishi v Penny. Penny will get votes from Boris followers as they won't vote brown.

If it goes to members, she could well win

Are MPs allowed to switch their nomination from one to another ? 

2 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

:notworthy:   .   Makes you wonder if Rishi told him the actual truth yesterday about what an utter shambles the country's finances are in.   

Looking forward now to hearing outraged  Tory members  from England-shire tomorrow calling in to  talk-radio progs !!       

Honestly? I think he was trying to get some concession maybe on the Privileges Committee, free access to Chequers, Peerage, Some cushy job somewhere in return for pulling out and giving a nod and a wink to his acolytes to support them.
I reckon both Sunak and Mordaunt saw through the bullshit and sent him on his way empty handed. Maybe just paying for his flight back to his holiday 😂

dobmisterdobster

Rishi has possibly the most beautiful constituency in the UK (Richmond, Yorks). I have many fond memories holidaying there.

Congratulations to the new Prime Minister.