Rishi wins!

ri Alban

Footballfirst

As for Rishi's reported financial competence, I could have done as good a job as him during Covid if I had been given free reign to print as much money as I needed.  It's dead easy to be popular or be deemed successful when you can spend unlimited amounts of money.

He wasn't exactly comfortable when it came to answering questions about his own financial propriety, his green card and his wife's tax arrangements/non-dom status. 

To be fair to him though, he was prepared to respond to OBR forecasts when announcing all the tax increases at his last budget statement, some of which hasn't been undone as yet (NICs). Will he be prepared to insist that Hunt reinstates them at the end of the month? 

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Dazo

• Mikey1874

• periodictabledancer

periodictabledancer
8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

As for Rishi's reported financial competence, I could have done as good a job as him during Covid if I had been given free reign to print as much money as I needed.  It's dead easy to be popular or be deemed successful when you can spend unlimited amounts of money.

He wasn't exactly comfortable when it came to answering questions about his own financial propriety, his green card and his wife's tax arrangements/non-dom status. 

To be fair to him though, he was prepared to respond to OBR forecasts when announcing all the tax increases at his last budget statement, some of which hasn't been undone as yet (NICs). Will he be prepared to insist that Hunt reinstates them at the end of the month? 

I was with someone yesterday whose company have made several hundred million out of setting up T&T centres. He told me they made the same again when shutting it down. The sums are eyewatering. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

FfzOQGiWQAArMFF.thumb.jpg.fca912e91c71d32da08f7b7deefbd7eb.jpg

He pulls off the hoodie wearing politician look pretty well.

Another complete dick

4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Another complete dick

Richy Sunak.

Another making decisions that will have no effect on him at all

Dusk_Till_Dawn
8 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Richy Sunak.

Another making decisions that will have no effect on him at all

Which is basically the Tory party described in a sentence. 

9 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Which is basically the Tory party described in a sentence. 

To be fair, it sums up all parties and party leaders, will Starmer or Sturgeon be affected by decisions they make?

Just now, Dazo said:

Imagine embarrassing yourself right at the death. She should have pulled out along with Boris. 

Fact Boris pulled out probably confused every woman on the planet tbf….

Just the one candidate got 100 nominations then. 

Pretty clear win with Sunak having support of big majority of MPs. A first piece of good news for Conservatives for a long time. 

1 minute ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

Can't have a Catholic PM more like😲

Spaffer was a catholic I beleive

Jambo_jim2001
1 minute ago, heatonjambo said:

Spaffer was a catholic I beleive

Converted over to Anglican. I think he was the first Catholic PM in a sense though🤔

Footballfirst
8 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Over 200 racists backing the brown face. 😊

The racists in the membership rejected him in favour of the incompetent Liz Truss last time.

They were denied the opportunity to reject him again as a result of the rules specific to this contest.

14 minutes ago, micole said:

So Sunak is PM. This will not please the Tory rank n file, I expect the drama is not over yet.

Imagine all the Brexit racists voting for Brexit and they end up with Sunak as PM 😄

4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The racists in the membership rejected him in favour of the incompetent Liz Truss last time.

They were denied the opportunity to reject him again as a result of the rules specific to this contest.

Of course. 😂

dobmisterdobster
6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Rishi got over 40% of the vote. The membership chose Liz because she was the more populist candidate.

Just now, Dazo said:

Of course. 😂

Tory MPs were talking about it openly on radio the day after Truss went, saying that when it got down to 2 candidates there would be intense pressure from the parliamentary party for the 2nd placed candidate to drop out, so it doesn't have to go to the members. 🤷‍♂️

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Rishi got over 40% of the vote. The membership chose Liz because she was the more populist candidate.

"populist"?  I can think of a few other adjectives to describe her that don't come close to to that tag.

I'd suggest that my thoughts on the outcome would be closer to the truth of the matter than yours. 

"populist"?  I can think of a few other adjectives to describe her that don't come close to to that tag.

I'd suggest that my thoughts on the outcome would be closer to the truth of the matter than yours. 

Yeah, I have to assume he meant popular

dobmisterdobster

The populist wing of the party including the ERG backed Liz.

Far from being close to the truth. You are talking complete nonsense.

The richest man in British politics sweeps in to the PM role (unelected) to deliver eye-watering cuts on the public. Magic.

A nod to the first ever Asian Prime Minister being a positive thing. But FFS.

Nucky Thompson

He's got until January 2025 at the latest until the next scheduled General election. 

There will be loads of tears and snotters on here in that time :biggrin2:

6 minutes ago, pablo said:

The richest man in British politics sweeps in to the PM role (unelected) to deliver eye-watering cuts on the public. Magic.

A nod to the first ever Asian Prime Minister being a positive thing. But FFS.

First Prime Minister richer than the monarch. 

Charles can get some advice at the weekly catch ups. 

periodictabledancer

As the ERG cult refuses to back either candidate in its own party's leadership elections - but says it will get behind their new leader (how very  ****ing generous of them) they are desperately trying to equate  the pre-agreed transition of power from Blair to Brown as the reason why Tories don't need to allow the elctorate a say in who will be governing the country ie call a GE. In addition ,  the economic policies of Truss & Sunak are diametrically opposed/mutually exclusive and conveniently overlooking they both  cannot  be what the electorate voted for when voting for the Tory party. Absolutely stinking hypocricy. 

periodictabledancer
3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

1/ Congratulations to

- I wish him well and, notwithstanding our political differences, will do my best to build a constructive working relationship with him in the interests of those we serve.

knows her place ;)

But not in the way you understand.