Rishi wins!

ri Alban

25 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Are MPs allowed to switch their nomination from one to another ? 

Boris never formally stood so his provisional nominations are free to switch to Mordaunt. I imagine some will to stuff it to Rishi out of spite as he and Boris loathe one another.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Dazo

• Mikey1874

• periodictabledancer

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Rishi v Penny. Penny will get votes from Boris followers as they won't vote brown.

If it goes to members, she could well win

Much though it pains me to say it, the MPs casting their vote do not have as bad a record for acting out their racist urges as the fee paying members.

35 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Are MPs allowed to switch their nomination from one to another ? 

I wondered the same. I guess they've got that 2pm deadline and up till then, anything goes. Still time for Boris to un-withdraw!

10 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Rishi has possibly the most beautiful constituency in the UK (Richmond, Yorks). I have many fond memories holidaying there.

Congratulations to the new Prime Minister.

Just reminding you that 'Rishi' hates folk like you. 

23 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Honestly? I think he was trying to get some concession maybe on the Privileges Committee, free access to Chequers, Peerage, Some cushy job somewhere in return for pulling out and giving a nod and a wink to his acolytes to support them.
I reckon both Sunak and Mordaunt saw through the bullshit and sent him on his way empty handed. Maybe just paying for his flight back to his holiday 😂

Could be.   Its the 2nd time he's pulled out at the last minute (politically speaking I mean, not  umm..... you know :whistling: ).     He came up with a similar excuse when Teresa May ended up being the only candidate to succeed Cameron.

Maybe Carrie's had a quiet word to remind him that he should be spending time with their 2 young children !!

dobmisterdobster
5 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

Just reminding you that 'Rishi' hates folk like you. 

He hates people who vote for him? 🤔

Thunder and Lightning
On 22/10/2022 at 05:19, ri Alban said:

It has to be Rishi. He has over 100 Mps while Fat ******* has not. You chose which fat ******* I'm talking about. BJ or PM. A couple of smelly fat disgusting scum. 

How will the Brexiters, Loyalists, Unionists cope with a non white PM.  😨 Riots everywhere. BNP, UKip, NF , Brexit Party, ENP and The Tory membership will take to the street. And Hoose Jock Uncle Tamson will ask if he can get a game .

You are permanently raging. Absolutely everything makes you angry. Each and every post you make spews bile. 

You are the very definition of gammon. 😂 

'non white' grow up ffs. 

2 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

You are permanently raging. Absolutely everything makes you angry. Each and every post you make spews bile. 

You are the very definition of gammon. 😂 

'non white' grow up ffs. 

Only if you read it that way. But now Rishi is the winner, my thoughts and prayers sent to you. 🙏 Take care, cope well.

il Duce McTarkin
7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Has rishi any working class mates yet. 🤣 That clip was funny.

Invite him out for a round of golf, ri. 

Nae burrying him up to his neck in the bunker for the craws to peck his eyes out, mind.

7 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Invite him out for a round of golf, ri. 

Nae burrying him up to his neck in the bunker for the craws to peck his eyes out, mind.

He'd probably bury me at golf and then the bunker. Or pay someone. :D

10 minutes ago, Dazo said:

A brown face as PM eh. Lot of people on here looking even more wrong than usual. 😊

Not really - the members won’t be getting a vote 

1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

Not really - the members won’t be getting a vote 

I’d assume Tory mp’s are also tories ergo also racist scum. So yeah really. 

8 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Much though it pains me to say it, the MPs casting their vote do not have as bad a record for acting out their racist urges as the fee paying members.

I wondered the same. I guess they've got that 2pm deadline and up till then, anything goes. Still time for Boris to un-withdraw!

Except the recent Home Secs of course.

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Dazo said:

I’d assume Tory mp’s are also tories ergo also racist scum. So yeah really. 

Dazo reaching quite early this morning. 😂

24 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Dazo reaching quite early this morning. 😂

I don't see Rishi getting it now. They will put Mordaunt up against him, which will lead to her winning their members vote.

As I said on the Boris thread. I must've been deluded to think they'd allow him to win.

15 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I don't see Rishi getting it now. They will put Mordaunt up against him, which will lead to her winning their members vote.

As I said on the Boris thread. I must've been deluded to think they'd allow him to win.

For a thread you started entitled Rishi Wins! In which subsequently only things that strengthen Rishi's likelihood of winning have occurred, that is quite the u-turn from yourself. 😄

I didn't particularly mind Sunak and think he at the very least looks like a leader in stature (I know, how very dated, but I do think it helps get buy in).

I hope he wins.

54 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

For a thread you started entitled Rishi Wins! In which subsequently only things that strengthen Rishi's likelihood of winning have occurred, that is quite the u-turn from yourself. 😄

Its a u-turn the conservatives would be proud of.

WorldChampions1902
2 hours ago, Dazo said:

A brown face as PM eh. Lot of people on here looking even more wrong than usual. 😊

Hopefully he’s as useless as the last Brown PM we had - Gordon.

7 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

😂 He had a no bad tan to be fair. 

Under normal circumstances I think Rishi would do alright. Under the basket case of the current Tory party I’m not so sure. 

Malinga the Swinga
10 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

I did mean the membership of the Tory party. The actual MP's will put up with him as he's the best, in fact only, chance they have in next GE. 

Won't work though as Truss destroyed credibility in a way that even Boris couldn't manage.

4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Under normal circumstances I think Rishi would do alright. Under the basket case of the current Tory party I’m not so sure. 

He just quite clearly should have taken over from Boris and it probably would have been relatively okay.

He does suffer from having critics on both sides though:

For the Tories (some):

- wrong colour 

- tax increases and social spending 

For others (some): 

- sang happy birthday or sowt 

- forced people at gun point to 'eat out to help out' 

- rich and no commoner friends

- wife's tax arrangements

Edited by Taffin

WorldChampions1902
2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I hope I’m wrong but If he gets the gig, he will do a decent job, relative to the absolute basket case of our finances and the economy. Let’s be honest here, there is absolutely nobody in that Cabinet of nobodies that has his financial background and previous experience.

Still gonna be a sh**show though and things are gonna get bad - real bad.

13 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

I hope I’m wrong but If he gets the gig, he will do a decent job, relative to the absolute basket case of our finances and the economy. Let’s be honest here, there is absolutely nobody in that Cabinet of nobodies that has his financial background and previous experience.

He's responsible for the financial mess - you're surely not trying to pin it all on Truss and Kwasi?

13 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

I agree it just a case of how bad things get and think he is the right man to make it least bad. Surely you want to be right though ? Labour won’t be any better imo and independence is sone way off. 

15 minutes ago, Taffin said:

He just quite clearly should have taken over from Boris and it probably would have been relatively okay.

He does suffer from having critics on both sides though:

For the Tories (some):

- wrong colour 

- tax increases and social spending 

For others (some): 

- sang happy birthday or sowt 

- forced people at gun point to 'eat out to help out' 

- rich and no commoner friends

- wife's tax arrangements

Yeah definitely should have replaced Boris. Who doesn’t have critics though ? We are in the unfortunate position of the current Tory party being in complete turmoil and constant infighting. 

38 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Jeez, surely for all our sakes it's better if he does a good job?

8 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Yeah definitely should have replaced Boris. Who doesn’t have critics though ? We are in the unfortunate position of the current Tory party being in complete turmoil and constant infighting. 

Very true, I just feel for those critics they're quite emotive things and in today's world everyone sees their opinion as right so it can be even harder to succeed with detractors on both sides.

WorldChampions1902
6 minutes ago, briever said:

He's responsible for the financial mess - you're surely not trying to pin it all on Truss and Kwasi?

The fact that Kwaisi and Truss were following a fiscal path spouted by the Tufton Street puppeteers made them extremely dangerous which is why the markets reacted the way they did. They take the full blame for that debacle and Rishi warned Truss that her policy would end in tears.

Sunak, Truss and Kwasi were part of the Cabinet that contributed to the financial mess of the U.K. prior to the mini-budget. Albeit that one has to recognise the very negative impacts inflicted by Brexit, COVID and Ukraine. I am by no means a cheerleader for Sunak or the Tories but recognise that if we have to endure another year of this Junta (that’s how long they’ll last IMHO), then Sunak is the least worst option.

WorldChampions1902
5 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Jeez, surely for all our sakes it's better if he does a good job?

Nope! Because the quicker the Tories fail, the quicker we get rid of them (IMHO).

1 minute ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Nope! Because the quicker the Tories fail, the quicker we get rid of them (IMHO).

Well get rid of them at the same time either way imo. 2024 at a General Election. Of course, there's a risk he does a great job and puts them on a path to win again...but then he'd have done a great job so not really an issue I guess.

manaliveits105

Rishi will be good for steadying the ship along with Jeremy Hunt - some stability and sail on to the next GE which they will win 

- will do wonders for relationships with India as well - making Britain Great again - the racist smurfs will hate it .

6 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

They will hang on till the next GE regardless. Can’t see anything changing that so no matter how much you don’t like them we would all benefit from them doing a good job. 

7 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

The fact that Kwaisi and Truss were following a fiscal path spouted by the Tufton Street puppeteers made them extremely dangerous which is why the markets reacted the way they did. They take the full blame for that debacle and Rishi warned Truss that her policy would end in tears.

Sunak, Truss and Kwasi were part of the Cabinet that contributed to the financial mess of the U.K. prior to the mini-budget. Albeit that one has to recognise the very negative impacts inflicted by Brexit, COVID and Ukraine. I am by no means a cheerleader for Sunak or the Tories but recognise that if we have to endure another year of this Junta (that’s how long they’ll last IMHO), then Sunak is the least worst option.

The recent turmoil is not his fault - but everything else is - his job as chancellor is to steer the ship through the troubles you mentioned, he always made it worse - "eat out to help out" debacle a prime example.

If furlough wasn't offered, people would have just gone about their business. It was a necessity, not a gift.

9 minutes ago, briever said:

Mordaunt's new poster - just in case anyone was under the illusion the Tories aren't riven with racists.

101%

Pasquale for King
11 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Could be.   Its the 2nd time he's pulled out at the last minute (politically speaking I mean, not  umm..... you know :whistling: ).     He came up with a similar excuse when Teresa May ended up being the only candidate to succeed Cameron.

Maybe Carrie's had a quiet word to remind him that he should be spending time with their 2 young children !!

He’s never spent anytime with his 7-10 other kids so why would he do it now? Depends on what the nanny looks like I suppose. 

periodictabledancer

Lance Corporal Mark Francois making a statement on behalf of the ERG cult : they are split on their vote. They did not endorse either candidate - unbelievable levels of self importance. 

As if the country gives a ****,.

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Lance Corporal Mark Francois making a statement on behalf of the ERG cult : they are split on their vote. They did not endorse either candidate - unbelievable levels of self importance. 

As if the country gives a ****,.

Good to see Frank Mansoir back in parliament after his mysterious absence earlier this year. (worth a google)

Surprised the ERG zealots haven't backed the brown guy. Shocked. 

Footballfirst
7 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

ImageImage

"Boris has learned lessons from his time in No10".  Aye right.

The only lesson he learned was to avoid accountability for anything, by swanning off on holiday as parliament returned and in the midst of a financial budget crisis