*** Offishul Hearts v Celtic October 22nd match thread ***

upgotheheads

We've been letting in silly goals in the first 5-6 mins (see Rangers at home and both Fiorentina games). If we can at least avoid that then we might only lose 2 or 3 nil.

I do fear this could be a 6 nil if Celtic score early.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Bazzas right boot

Slightly off topic watched last 20 minutes of Lecce (not a giant of the Italian game) v Fiorentina last night. Apparently Fiorentina dominated the second half but Lecce had a couple of big strong centre halfs so while they came close the defence stood strong. Annoyingly , Lecce had a boy sent off in stoppage time for doing what Nielson should have done at Aberdeen's second goal.

Anyway back to Hearts without both of our first choice centre halfs we have a very slim chance of getting anything from the Celtic game. Yes it's disappointing even depressing but I can't see any way out against teams with firepower like eg Celtic , Rangers , Fiorentina and Istanbul.

Gee whizz, who knows what the starting lineup will be.  Assuming all the injured dudes are still injured, maybe...

Craigy

Sibbick Neilson Kingsley Cochrane

Forrest Kio Devlin Snoddy McKay

Humphrys

Yikes, that defence!  Not sure who or what else we have though!?  Back 3, but then who are the WBs?

Craigy

Sibbick Neilson Kingsley

Forrest Kio Devlin Snoddy Cochrane

Humphrys

Shanks

Eek!

I reckon the second one marginally better, could also put Humphs up front and replace Shanks with McKay, Grant, or Smith.  Did Cammy Logan go out on loan??

1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

What’s the word on Halkett? Any possible way he’s back on Saturday?

I'd quite like a table of "here's our guess" for all the injuries from the club.  Issue is that they'd be held to the letter by many numpties.  And also that no club ever has done a table of returnees.  Still want it though!

Vibe seems to be Kye before Halks, maybe next week?  He'll be desperate to get games under his belt pre-WC and his injury will be easier to come back from in that if the bone has heeled, he's done, no muscle issues etc.

9 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

What’s the word on Halkett? Any possible way he’s back on Saturday?

Out until end of month. Him and Rowles expected back then. Smith, Ginelly and GMS might make the weekend. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Yes, he is the new Souttar.

Imagine if he’d signed the new contract we’d offered him at £8k a week. 

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Slightly off topic watched last 20 minutes of Lecce (not a giant of the Italian game) v Fiorentina last night. Apparently Fiorentina dominated the second half but Lecce had a couple of big strong centre halfs so while they came close the defence stood strong. Annoyingly , Lecce had a boy sent off in stoppage time for doing what Nielson should have done at Aberdeen's second goal.

Anyway back to Hearts without both of our first choice centre halfs we have a very slim chance of getting anything from the Celtic game. Yes it's disappointing even depressing but I can't see any way out against teams with firepower like eg Celtic , Rangers , Fiorentina and Istanbul.

I watched it also, two poor teams down the bottom of their league, Lecce did a good job of stopping Fiorentina do what they do well, as opposed to our tactics. Fiorentina in all navy blue strips was bizarre also. 

Pasquale for King

Clark and Gordon

NeilsonHaringSibbickKingsleyCochran

GrantDevlinKioSnodgraas

Keep it tight for 90 minutes, maybe use ropes, then put subs on. 

LivingstonJambo99

Gordon 

Atkinson (Sibbick if needed) 

Neilson 

Kingsley 

Cochrane 

Devlin 

Kio 

Humphreys 

Snodgrass 

Mckay 

Shankland 

I'm in hospitality for this one so the free bar might just help me get through the game! Not confident at all. Celtic looking good at the moment and scoring goals for fun, whereas we're like a leaky seive at the back and our confidence is rock bottom. Not a good combination. Ive got no confidence in robbie coming up with a tactical masterplan to see us through either.  

I'd like to see us set up 4231. If we sit back and defend for 90 minutes we'll get absolutely annihilated. 

Fozzyonthefence
47 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Out until end of month. Him and Rowles expected back then. Smith, Ginelly and GMS might make the weekend. 

I didn’t even know GMS was injured but kinda irrelevant!

gorgierulesapply88

Hearts playing Brentford B just now at Oriam.(message I received an hour ago)

Not sure who's playing apart from Clark in goals.

17 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Maybe our A team should play our B team and see who wins 

Jambo Buckets
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Anyone know how to free up ST on e-tickets for this one?

Ticket exchange will open up once the game has sold out. Excess hospitality tickets were released today but once they sell you can put your ST up. Need to sign in to see how many are left but cant imagine it's too many. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

So says Halkett and rowles might be back at the end of the month. 
As the end of the month is a week on Saturday and Rowles hasn’t even started running yet I’m calling this another load of rubbish 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Imagine if he’d signed the new contract we’d offered him at £8k a week. 

Ann budge pays no more than 7k a week. Its capped. Pathetic i know

Pasquale for King
Just now, theshed said:

As the end of the month is a week on Saturday and Rowles hasn’t even started running yet I’m calling this another load of rubbish 

Yeah me too, he said Rowles would hopefully be six weeks in early September and they’ve already rushed Halkett back twice so surely they won’t do it again? 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Negan said:

Ann budge pays no more than 7k a week. Its capped. Pathetic i know

The offer was £8k a week, Budge wasn’t asked and Mackinley had to sit down when he saw the offer that had been made. Looks like Savage is in charge of this. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Jambo Buckets said:

Ticket exchange will open up once the game has sold out. Excess hospitality tickets were released today but once they sell you can put your ST up. Need to sign in to see how many are left but cant imagine it's too many. 

Could be first league game we don’t sell out this season.  The others have all been sold out haven’t they?

All roads lead to Gorgie

A positive Covid test has probably saved me from watching a humping. Timing couldn't have been better I suppose although I hoped my immunity was better by now. When I miss a home match nine out ten times we win so you know the score Hearts!

20 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

A positive Covid test has probably saved me from watching a humping. Timing couldn't have been better I suppose although I hoped my immunity was better by now. When I miss a home match nine out ten times we win so you know the score Hearts!

Do folk still do tests? Genuinely didn’t realise folk take them still

4 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Yup. My gal does so several times per week (job related). Me, less so; after a 'risky' event (e.g. travelling back from Florence).

2 hours ago, theshed said:

Not really - he'll be on bikes, swimming etc and be fit as a fiddle, just need a week or so to get sharp and build up a bit.  A broken foot type injury is just a pain really.  Sore of course, but it heels and you get going again.

Maybe I misheard him, but he was interviewed before the Fiorentina home game and said he was back training the next week (so that would have been last Mon) but perhaps he didn't mean back running etc.

Amazing if we could have one back by Ross Co and both by Motherwell!!

5 hours ago, karipidis said:

Hope Smith does make it for this weekend.  Would be a surprise because I heard it was his back injury that had flared up again.  

4 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Very young team, down to 10 men early on, Logan red, losing 4-0 midway second half. 

3 hours ago, theshed said:

The rubbish is generated by the author of the article.  

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

Still had some spare in a cupboard. I was meant to go to the dentist so that's why.

7 hours ago, Bozi said:

Last time we went into a game V Celtic with a threadbare squad, having to throw kids in, expecting a pounding, I decided to not go that day...won 4-0

This time we are going into a game V Celtic with a threadbare squad, having to throw kids in, expecting a pounding, i can't go this weekend as I'm in London so fully expect a win and a day that will long be remembered 

I was working that day and glad I wasn’t going

Im working Saturday too so fingers crossed 

4 minutes ago, kila said:

Steven McLean is our VAR guy for this one. 

Will expect a shambles and some corruption. 

It’s going to be a shambles no question and I’m sure most decisions border line will go against us.

5 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I’m sure most decisions border line will go against us.

No change there. Here's hoping the blatant calls will no go our way

13 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

It’s going to be a shambles no question and I’m sure most decisions border line will go against us.

Maybe help play for time ⏲️ 

Will be on Fort William for it... Shame they have a free week 😅

An easy 2-0 for the Jambo's. HHGH

Edited by McNelly15

south morocco
11 minutes ago, His name is said:

No change there. Here's hoping the blatant calls will no go our way

Who are the officials in the studio reviewing it? Any idea 

27 minutes ago, kila said:

Steven McLean is our VAR guy for this one. 

Will expect a shambles and some corruption. 

Do they show what the ref or var guy see on the big screens at the same time they see it?

16 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Do they show what the ref or var guy see on the big screens at the same time they see it?

Doubt it! It’ll be secret stuff that not even Sportscene will dare show!

gorgierulesapply88
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Very young team, down to 10 men early on, Logan red, losing 4-0 midway second half. 

Who else played? Discipline at all levels at Hearts seems to be all over the shop.

I coached Logan's brother at Edinburgh City.