• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Bazzas right boot

Looking forward to seeing me and my boys on the TV with the amount of goal mouth action they will have on Saturday.

It will be like a training session of defence Vs attack.

If Celtic turn up it could be anything north of 5 goals.

10 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

It’s ok if we take a heavy beating in this one as we aren’t expected to beat them(am I doing this right?).

It's a learning curve.

The grass was too long.

Injuries are affecting the team.

Ref had a shocker.

Just putting Neilsons excuses out early lol.

What about 361 with Humphrys up top.

Going to be honest I have no idea who the feck is fit or not now so Humphrys, Gordon and whatever else we can cobble together.We def need more in midfield though as the two in the centre whoever they are are just constantly overran.

This one could get messy! They love beating us and if they really go for it we will be in big trouble with the defence we will likely have out. He needs to change something back there for sure. The WC break can't come quick enough for us, we just need to steady the ship and hopefully pick up some points before it or we will be nearer the bottom than to 3rd. We can't score goals or keep clean sheets which means one thing and that's tumbling down the league at the rate of knots. 

Smith(if fit) Sibbick Neilson Kingsley 

Forrest Devlin Kio Snoddy Ginnelly(if fit)

Humphreys 

Midfield 3 sitting and protecting the defence, cutting passing lanes, keeping us solid centrally and forcing them wide. Forrest and Ginnelly chasing back to sandwich them between Smith and Kingsley. Get 5 subs these days, depending on who's fit you can switch in McKay and GMS for wide midfielders after 60 mins. Beyond that we can't do any worse than actually give youngsters half an hour instead of 2 minutes.

A complete change of tactics required (imo) to deal with a massively superior opponent. If we don't put in a disciplined, organised performance they will score as many as they want. Could easily be one of those Mark McGhee style 9 goal scorelines if they score early and we lose our shape.

42 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Another heavy loss anything between 3 nil and 5 nil imo

There's been some horrendous days watching us take absolute beatings at home this season. You can accept them more if we have played well and got stuck in, however in each and every one we have went down with an absolute whimper. The minimum required on Saturday is to show some fight and get in their faces. 

Bazzas right boot
14 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

It’s ok if we take a heavy beating in this one as we aren’t expected to beat them(am I doing this right?).

It's not OK, but he won't be sacked on the back of it.

There is a middle ground between "everybody oot" and " being OK with big defeats v much better teams'.

Bazzas right boot

Don't concede an early goal and don't get a player sent off and we'll do OK.

We haven't really had a chance to get at the likes of Istanbul ( although we had a couple of good chances) , Rangers or Fiorentina as we got players sent of or conceded early- or both.

All a bit shit. 

Istanbul 0-4

Rangers 0-4

Fiorentina 0-3

Fiorentina 1-5

Stevie Wonder could see our approach against better opponents doesn't work. There's no reason why St Mirren can beat Celtic, St Johnstone can run them close, but we have to accept a hammering. The tactics and mindset need to be different. 

If he changes nothing this weekend, then it will be as we're all expecting.

15 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

There is a middle ground between "everybody oot" and " being OK with big defeats v much better teams'.

Yes looks like you would watch S~~T rundown a wall, roll over and I'tickle your belly 

pettigrewsstylist
50 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

There's been some horrendous days watching us take absolute beatings at home this season. You can accept them more if we have played well and got stuck in, however in each and every one we have went down with an absolute whimper. The minimum required on Saturday is to show some fight and get in their faces. 

Prefer to take the thumping and avoid injuries for shot at half mill midweek tbh.

We_are_the_Hearts
3 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Prefer to take the thumping and avoid injuries for shot at half mill midweek tbh.

So we need to pick and choose our games now? Can't have a go every game? Honestly, see some of our supporters...............

Will be a great learning experience for the boys, if they aren't too mentally fatigued that is. 

And that's the main thing. 

We_are_the_Hearts
Just now, Sarah O said:

Will be a great learning experience for the boys, if they aren't too mentally fatigued that is. 

And that's the main thing. 

They are mentally fatigued listening to their manager! Players should be buzzing playing for a club like Hearts and in the Europa! Negative Nancy would take the fun out of anything

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

So we need to pick and choose our games now? Can't have a go every game? Honestly, see some of our supporters...............

Lol, are all games worth half a mill and coefficient points for 90 mins?

Its about risk versus potential reward

Simples.

Besides, fringe guys could do with match and opportunity.

It's great we have VAR to make things an even bigger shambles but I feel like Scotland has missed an opportunity to properly lead the way.

We should have taken VAR and turned it into the rugby style system where you can hear the conversations between referee and VAR team. 

Let the fans hear the process, the thinking behind the decision.

It works. In rugby it works and in football it would be no different. 

Thunder and Lightning

Sadly can't see anything other that a kicking here.

We lack direction both on and off the park at the moment and I can't see it changing for this game.

Hopefully wrong.

49 minutes ago, DB1874 said:

Istanbul 0-4

Rangers 0-4

Fiorentina 0-3

Fiorentina 1-5

Stevie Wonder could see our approach against better opponents doesn't work. There's no reason why St Mirren can beat Celtic, St Johnstone can run them close, but we have to accept a hammering. The tactics and mindset need to be different. 

If he changes nothing this weekend, then it will be as we're all expecting.

Agee , RNs team selections in all of these games has been suicidal. 

We haven't got the quality of player to go in with a 2 man mid and 3 up top against teams of their ability. 

If he churns out the same formation against Celtic he should be sacked on the spot .

57 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

He will be if they do to us what they did to Dundee Utd.

Need to take a different approach, easy for anyone to look at our recent performances and see how vulnerable we are at the back.

Back 4 with 2 centres back and 2 holding i’d say. Hard to justify giving McKay a start due to his performances in big games.

Gordon

Smith Sibbick Neilson Kingsley

Haring    Devlin

Humphreys Snodgrass Forrest

Shankland

Haring and Devlin to run themselves into the ground until can be replaced with Halliday/Kio

Pasquale for King

I think we need to go 433 and try to match up and win individual battles, the three on the left tore Hibs two to bits on Saturday. 
Gordon

Cochrane

Kingsley

Neilson

Sibbick

Kio

Haring

Devlin

Forrest

Humphrys

Grant

Jambo Buckets
23 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Could be first league game we don’t sell out this season.  The others have all been sold out haven’t they?

Yeah the other home league games have all sold out. I think this might sell out as well though because Celtic have got 2 sections of the away end which means we have hardly any walk up tickets available. Hopefully we can shift these excess hospitality tickets and keep our 100% home record. 

Fozzyonthefence
43 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think we need to go 433 and try to match up and win individual battles, the three on the left tore Hibs two to bits on Saturday. 
Gordon

Cochrane

Kingsley

Neilson

Sibbick

Kio

Haring

Devlin

Forrest

Humphrys

Grant

I’d be resting Shankland for this game too.  Good that Devlin is available again, if he screws the nut!  I think we can normally manage fine without Beni or without Devlin but not without both of them, although Celtic, Rangers, Fiorentina, Istanbul are the games you really want them both.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, ramrod said:

Agee , RNs team selections in all of these games has been suicidal. 

We haven't got the quality of player to go in with a 2 man mid and 3 up top against teams of their ability. 

If he churns out the same formation against Celtic he should be sacked on the spot .

I’ll miss about the first 15 minutes coming home from my son’s football.   I’ll be pleasantly surprised if we’re not already a goal down when I switch the tv on.  

2 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

The same supporters who will moan if we get thumped on Saturday! 

31 minutes ago, D4nny_ said:

Anyone any recommendations for watching the game in Tenerife? Currently in Costa Adeje.

Yeah stay by the pool with a cold beer you will have a better time! 

1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

Cheers. I think you might be right! 

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’d be resting Shankland for this game too.  Good that Devlin is available again, if he screws the nut!  I think we can normally manage fine without Beni or without Devlin but not without both of them, although Celtic, Rangers, Fiorentina, Istanbul are the games you really want them both.

I would be resting Shankland until h finds his shooting boots, waste of time playing him when we’re not creating much and big games. 
Agree about Beni and Devlin. 
We will need to press them at the start at least as we did when we broke Rodgers unbeaten team. It can be done. 

Pasquale for King
54 minutes ago, Jambo Buckets said:

Yeah the other home league games have all sold out. I think this might sell out as well though because Celtic have got 2 sections of the away end which means we have hardly any walk up tickets available. Hopefully we can shift these excess hospitality tickets and keep our 100% home record. 

We always do our bit, over and beyond in fact, time the management and players gave us something to cheer. 

22 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Jags Bar in Playa de la Américas had the Fiorentina and Aberdeen games on. Mercifully no Italians in town. 

4 hours ago, DB1874 said:

Smith(if fit) Sibbick Neilson Kingsley 

Forrest Devlin Kio Snoddy Ginnelly(if fit)

Humphreys 

Midfield 3 sitting and protecting the defence, cutting passing lanes, keeping us solid centrally and forcing them wide. Forrest and Ginnelly chasing back to sandwich them between Smith and Kingsley. Get 5 subs these days, depending on who's fit you can switch in McKay and GMS for wide midfielders after 60 mins. Beyond that we can't do any worse than actually give youngsters half an hour instead of 2 minutes.

A complete change of tactics required (imo) to deal with a massively superior opponent. If we don't put in a disciplined, organised performance they will score as many as they want. Could easily be one of those Mark McGhee style 9 goal scorelines if they score early and we lose our shape.

Is Devlin not out with a red one more game?

May be time for Connor Smith to get a start.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Is Devlin not out with a red one more game?

May be time for Connor Smith to get a start.

He missed Killie and Aberdeen away. 

If anyone on here thinks we will win on Saturday can you please send me the name and address of your dealer as he must be selling good gear    lol

CELTIC’S trip to Tynecastle will be the first Scottish game that VAR is in operation to be televised.

The team that’s been given the game is controversial amongst the Celtic support, with last weekend’s referee commanding VAR for the match.

Steven McLean will be at Clydesdale House advising Nick Walsh on field. With David Roome and Ross Macleod running the lines and Craig Napier the Fourth Official.

Edited by Masonic
copypaste not working

7 minutes ago, Masonic said:

CELTIC’S trip to Tynecastle will be the first Scottish game that VAR is in operation to be televised.

The team that’s been given the game is controversial amongst the Celtic support, with last weekend’s referee commanding VAR for the match.

Steven McLean will be at Clydesdale House advising Nick Walsh on field. With David Roome and Ross Macleod running the lines and Craig Napier the Fourth Official.

Yeah he didn't go unnoticed at Tynecastle versus Rangers either.   The Aberdeen game last season was a bellter as well.   I'm no worried but I'm not too comfortable with it. 

🙁