*** Offishul Hearts v Celtic October 22nd match thread ***

upgotheheads

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Aye and the rest of them are shite right enough! 🙄

Well Aaron Mooy is and so is the boy maeda - Never mind you are correct though they're way too good for us as is proven almost every time we play them 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Bazzas right boot

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, The Black Prince said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Devlin has an absolute blinder. He'll be desperate to be on the plane to Qatar so a good performance against Celtic is what he really needs to get the attention of the NT coach.

On the other hand... he could be red carded after five minutes.

If he's playing a blinder it's a stick-on that he'll be red carded.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, fila said:

Hoping we can at least get beat by more than 3 ............ Defeatist Yes ............Realist Yes

You surely mean get beat by less?

You want us beat by more than 3 goals, if so- why?

Edited by Bazzas right boot

7 hours ago, Drumjambo said:

Well Aaron Mooy is and so is the boy maeda - Never mind you are correct though they're way too good for us as is proven almost every time we play them 

Those two ain't crap.

Neither are the other ones you mentioned hence why they have winners medals in their lockers.

We will lose of course, and heavily at that, but no matter how poorly we play and how many goals we concede, the jobs of Neilson and his two nomarks are safe.

What a truly unhealthy environment we have built, and one not suited for professional sport. 

13 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We will lose of course, and heavily at that, but no matter how poorly we play and how many goals we concede, the jobs of Neilson and his two nomarks are safe.

What a truly unhealthy environment we have built, and one not suited for professional sport. 

You are not suited to supporting professional sport , but I guess you realised that , and that is why you stopped doing it

10 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

I don't give two hoots what the doom watchers think about a game they won't be attending.   MON Hearts.  

Exactly win lose or draw. Always support Hearts . 

Both my sons love going to the games and when the fourth went in against Rangers , I said to them let’s go! 

But they wanted to stay to applaud the players and said to me when we do beat them , games like this will make it all the better.  

4 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Exactly win lose or draw. Always support Hearts . 

Both my sons love going to the games and when the fourth went in against Rangers , I said to them let’s go! 

But they wanted to stay to applaud the players and said to me when we do beat them , games like this will make it all the better.  

I remember getting dragged out the 1976 final when 3-1 down to Rangers.  I was not happy as I wanted to stay until the end.

The Treasurer
49 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You're slipping i8

You've called our manager Neilson, you usually come up with a hilarious new nickname every time you post about him 

19 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Pumped silly unfortunately. 

This.

Dreading it.

No doubt lose early goals as we always do against them  😏

11 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

I remember getting dragged out the 1976 final when 3-1 down to Rangers.  I was not happy as I wanted to stay until the end.

My dad dragged me out as well but because of the number of bottles flying about in the Celtic end. Carnage that day.

Before I post it properly and end up getting loads of messages, anyone got any idea how I can give my ST's to someone for this game? As in, we can't make the game but I don't want anything for it can the T.O print the tickets off for someone to pick up or? Its 2 adults 2 kids so perfect for a family that otherwise can't go etc.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

This

9 hours ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

VAR will have a camera following his every move for 90 minutes!

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

You're slipping i8

You've called our manager Neilson, you usually come up with a hilarious new nickname every time you post about him 

I am truly ashamed at this.  Good spot.

Ok, here I go again:

"We will lose of course, and heavily at that, but no matter how poorly we play and how many goals we concede, the jobs of the skidmark and his two nomarks are safe.

What a truly unhealthy environment we have built, and one not suited for professional sport."

9 hours ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

We need to keep our shape defensively, to have a chance, that includes defensive mid, Devlin is a ball chaser and gets pulled all over the place making us vulnerable, that is just the way he is, he should play though no doubt, but a free role would be best for him IMO. It has been disappointing how we have looked so disorganised under basically defensive minded coaching. I feel we have been trying to change that but do not know how, hopefully tomorrow is the day. Keep ball will not work, we must use it and quickly, no threat no points. Humphrys must start, would prefer with Gino if available. 

It’s scary the majority of Hearts fans are proven that wee prick over the road. People are brainwashed into thinking they can’t beat the old firm. It’s 11 v 11, a pitch, a ball, two goals. Celtic might not be at it and we might stand up and be counted. It’s 90 minutes where anything can happen. 

1 hour ago, 151 said:

Before I post it properly and end up getting loads of messages, anyone got any idea how I can give my ST's to someone for this game? As in, we can't make the game but I don't want anything for it can the T.O print the tickets off for someone to pick up or? Its 2 adults 2 kids so perfect for a family that otherwise can't go etc.

You can send them a picture of your season ticket if you trust them. They can then just scan the picture of the season ticket at the turnstile to get in.

3 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

This.

Dreading it.

No doubt lose early goals as we always do against them  😏

cant get motivated for this , and my archilles is playing up.😕.

Edited by Harry Potter

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I am truly ashamed at this.  Good spot.

Ok, here I go again:

"We will lose of course, and heavily at that, but no matter how poorly we play and how many goals we concede, the jobs of the skidmark and his two nomarks are safe.

What a truly unhealthy environment we have built, and one not suited for professional sport."

Poor effort. 

You seem to have run out of clever nicknames for the manager. 

Time for one of you to step down. 

Hmmm difficult decision 

2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Poor effort. 

You seem to have run out of clever nicknames for the manager. 

Time for one of you to step down. 

Hmmm difficult decision 

May revert to 'Jobbie' then

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

It’s scary the majority of Hearts fans are proven that wee prick over the road. People are brainwashed into thinking they can’t beat the old firm. It’s 11 v 11, a pitch, a ball, two goals. Celtic might not be at it and we might stand up and be counted. It’s 90 minutes where anything can happen. 

:robboyas:

willie wallace

Celtic's last 2 away games should give us a wee bit hope.

Lost 2-0 to St.Mirren and a very late winner at St.Johnstone.

I realize St.Johnstone were not much cope but they kept themselves in the games and nearly sneaked a point.

On this scientific basis I am going 1-0 Hearts👍🇱🇻

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Jobbie and his 2 skidmarks.

Was it not you that pulled me up or another poster up for silly nicknames a few weeks ago?

Irony is brown bread.

Can anyone tell me if I can ‘change’ my plastic season ticket seat for tomorrow to a digital ticket? Tried calling TO but no response. TIA

14 hours ago, Drumjambo said:

I'd love someone as shite as Maeda playing for us. 

3 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Can anyone tell me if I can ‘change’ my plastic season ticket seat for tomorrow to a digital ticket? Tried calling TO but no response. TIA

A photo of your ST acts as per a digital ticket.

Just now, bobskeldon said:

Brilliant mate Thanks.

I've got a photo of mine as back-up and it works fine (main stand). Also, my mate sent me a pic of his for a mutual chum. No problem whatsoever.

5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

The only unhealthy environment I can see is the one being created by Hearts fans who persist in calling for Robbie Neilson to be sacked every time we don't win a game. 

9 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

The only unhealthy environment I can see is the one being created by Hearts fans who persist in calling for Robbie Neilson to be sacked every time we don't win a game. 

There's certainly been enough of them that we haven’t. Tomorrow makes another one. 

7 hours ago, mellors1874 said:

Those two ain't crap.

Neither are the other ones you mentioned hence why they have winners medals in their lockers.

Not to be pedantic but Mooy has won an Australian championship as a bairn nowt else 

7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Intrigued. What did you mean by 'unhealthy'? Do you mean something like training on astroturf, or something else? What could we do to improve the environment? 

3 hours ago, willie wallace said:

Celtic's last 2 away games should give us a wee bit hope.

Lost 2-0 to St.Mirren and a very late winner at St.Johnstone.

I realize St.Johnstone were not much cope but they kept themselves in the games and nearly sneaked a point.

On this scientific basis I am going 1-0 Hearts👍🇱🇻

St Mirren and St Johnstone players know and can do the basics.

They have not had every ounce of skill and confidence coached out of them.

They also have managers who understand the game and know what they are doing.

Not a level playing field to compare us.

Can't say I'm confident but I've seen worse Hearts sides than this beat Celtic and the St Mirren result the other week should give us some hope. So you never know, but we'll have to defend much better than we've done in recent games to have any chance.

ScandinavianJambo
6 hours ago, Skacelsid said:

We need to keep our shape defensively, to have a chance, that includes defensive mid, Devlin is a ball chaser and gets pulled all over the place making us vulnerable, that is just the way he is, he should play though no doubt, but a free role would be best for him IMO. It has been disappointing how we have looked so disorganised under basically defensive minded coaching. I feel we have been trying to change that but do not know how, hopefully tomorrow is the day. Keep ball will not work, we must use it and quickly, no threat no points. Humphrys must start, would prefer with Gino if available. 

If we are organised in defence we might gave a chance as Humphrey and Devlin in midfield is not bad at all. However, an organised defence with our injuries really isn't looking likely. Her le is for hoping though!

Nelly Terraces
2 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Yeah, imagine fans being pissed off their team loses an inordinate amount of football matches eh.:vrface: 

Whatever next? :lol: 

1 hour ago, Drumjambo said:

Not to be pedantic but Mooy has won an Australian championship as a bairn nowt else 

Was referring to the the other ones mooy will probably have more medals than our players by the season end.