*** Offishul Hearts v Celtic October 22nd match thread ***

upgotheheads

It's a bit early but in the desperate circumstances I thought I may as well.

Our best current signed 11 (in my opinion) plus bench, as of today .   Against our injuries and suspensions for next game v Celtic

Best start 11                    Bench                                                                              Next Saturday v Celtic                                                 Best  bench 

Gordon.                              Clark                                                                                        Gordon                                                                  Clark

Haring                                                                                                                                                                    Shankland

Halliday                                                                                                                                                                  Kio

Halkett                               Ginnelly             

Rowles                               Smith            

Kingsley                             Shankland                                                                                Kingsley                                                

GMS

Kio

Atkinson                                   

Beni                                             

Devlin                                                                                                                                  Devlin

McKay                                                                                                                                 McKay

Cochrane                                                                                                                            Cochrane

Boyce                             

Humphrys                                                                                                                           Humphrys

Obviously Shankland and Kio will start next week but you will get my drift.  If we can get a couple of injured players back, especially Smith and Halkett, that would help, but I don't think Neilson will risk anything against Celtic, It will be damage limitation with a view to some 'easier' games coming up.

Edited by upgotheheads

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Bazzas right boot

We_are_the_Hearts

With our defeatist manager and some on here is there any point going to this one. They have a bigger budget, we have injuries etc

Mind the Andy Thorn game. 

3 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

With our defeatist manager and some on here is there any point going to this one. They have a bigger budget, we have injuries etc

Mind the Andy Thorn game. 

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Could be a very very dull one

Glad I’m at work if I’m Covid free again 

1 minute ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

****ed if I’ll be wasting doe on this! Pumped & listening to these shitcunts.

I will be in Edinburgh at the Playhouse watching Girl from the North Country. 2:30 start so I'll get the 11:30 train from Queen street to avoid the Arse cheek support, who will have left earlier.

9 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I will be in Edinburgh at the Playhouse watching Girl from the North Country. 2:30 start so I'll get the 11:30 train from Queen street to avoid the Arse cheek support, who will have left earlier.

been caught on a train full of them once, when i used to work in glasgow. Never again.

No idea why we didn't sign a free agent centre half even on a short term deal until Christmas. When Halkett broke down in Riga it was obvious he'd be out for a while.

This could be double figures if we concede early.

Gordon

Neilson Sibbick Kingsley

Forrest Cammy Snodgrass Cochrane

Mckay 

Shankland Humphrys

Basing this off the formation yesterday and players available. 

40 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

It's a bit early but in the desperate circumstances I thought I may as well.

Our best current signed 11 (in my opinion) plus bench, as of today .   Against our injuries and suspensions for next game v Celtic

Best start 11                    Bench                                                                              Next Saturday v Celtic                                                 Best  bench 

Gordon.                              Clark                                                                                        Gordon                                                                  Clark

Haring                                                                                                                                                                    Shankland

Halliday                                                                                                                                                                  Kio

Halkett                               Ginnelly             

Rowles                               Smith            

Kingsley                             Shankland                                                                                Kingsley                                                

GMS

Kio

Atkinson                                   

Beni                                             

Devlin                                                                                                                                  Devlin

McKay                                                                                                                                 McKay

Cochrane                                                                                                                            Cochrane

Boyce                             

Humphrys                                                                                                                           Humphrys

Obviously Shankland and Kio will start next week but you will get my drift.  If we can get a couple of injured players back, especially Smith and Halkett, that would help, but I don't think Neilson will risk anything against Celtic, It will be damage limitation with a view to some 'easier' games coming up.

Heard in Florence  halkett out til after World Cup.  Might be nonsense but no point rushing him back

LochcarronJambo

We have not been good against OF in recent times with full squad to choose from , with the players we have available, this gives me the fear…. 

LochcarronJambo
3 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Gordon

10 man defence. Two lines 5 and 5.

Shankland at centre half because he's been better in defence than up front lately.

😂 why not !

6 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Gordon

Shankland at centre half because he's been better in defence than up front lately.

Haha

No far off the mark there. 

As it stands I'm pretty meh about going, I'm sure it'll change the closer it gets.

Quite a lot of people are set in their ways about Robbie. And the players could give their absolute all and still be on the end of a tanking. 

So I'm set to spend 2 hours on the bus to more than likely sit in an ugly atmosphere in the home end with those wankers in the away end giving it the big yin.

I can't see it any other way tbh.

Will be thousands of ST holders not bothering with this one which is significant indicator of what a mess we’ve made of the first couple of months of the season. Even though we get a rest this midweek and they play Wednesday it’s difficult to see a Neilson team, low on confidence, energy and apparently motivation and inspiration get close to their attackers.  

12 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Gordon

That would just mean 10 more defenders to make mistakes and put Gordon under pressure by giving him back passes every 2 seconds.

maroonlegions
42 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

No idea why we didn't sign a free agent centre half even on a short term deal until Christmas. When Halkett broke down in Riga it was obvious he'd be out for a while.

This could be double figures if we concede early.

This. Utter shambolic mess.

9 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

That would just mean 10 more defenders to make mistakes and put Gordon under pressure by giving him back passes every 2 seconds.

You're right......

Clark

maroonlegions
10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

6 6 0..

:whistling:

I’ll go, but can see it far enough.  I have zero enthusiasm at the moment due to the number of players injured.  If they score a bucketload then that and listening to their scum fans will likely see us in the pub mid game.

of course we live in hope

1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

Gordon

Neilson Sibbick Kingsley

Mckay 

Shankland Humphrys

No way should we consider 3 at the back with a team that overloads wide and we can't defend a cross 

a recipe for disaster 

No way cochrane or Neilson should play

Id Go 

Gordon

sibbick Haring/M Smith Darge Kingsley

Pollock Cammy Kio Connor Smith 

Humphrys Shankland

Its grim but two banks of 4 and hope for the best No wingers to stand and do cock all please Robbie

You just know as soon as they score the game is over and the floodgates will open. Every chance it could be 3 or 4 nil at half time.

VagabondJambo
9 minutes ago, Drumjambo said:

Id Go 

Gordon

sibbick Haring/M Smith Darge Kingsley

Pollock Cammy Kio Connor Smith 

Humphrys Shankland

Overall I like your thinking.  We have nothing to lose by selecting Pollock, Smith (Connor) and Darge - young, passionate, seizing their opportunity.

I would put Clark in goal - very experienced and excellent keeper.

Kio seems the “oh no!” choice, however the guy IS experienced, and as long as he keeps the head, this might be his turning point.

And, Robbie, just let the team play from the heart . . . show them the recent Celtic-Hibs game, and give them the freedom to ENJOY playing against a mesmerising team.

If we play with passion and effort, even if we lose (as most seem to expect), c’est la vie, however we supporters will come away at least satisfied finally with a performance!

1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

Gordon

Neilson Sibbick Kingsley

Mckay 

Shankland Humphrys

a 4-5-1 just clog up midfild and hope for a low scoreline, damage limitation.....

1 hour ago, Luckies1874 said:

Will be thousands of ST holders not bothering with this one which is significant indicator of what a mess we’ve made of the first couple of months of the season. Even though we get a rest this midweek and they play Wednesday it’s difficult to see a Neilson team, low on confidence, energy and apparently motivation and inspiration get close to their attackers.  

be hard to blame them tbh,,, you never know though,  someone might falter in this 2 horse race, have to get first goal and rely on not conceding,,,  

Play defensive we lose and we have people on here saying we should have gone for it 

Play attacking we lose and we have people on here saying we should have played defensive 

🤔

2 hours ago, Bauld said:

Gordon

So; 

Gordon 1

23456

7891011

A 1-10 formation

15 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

a 4-5-1 just clog up midfild and hope for a low scoreline, damage limitation.....

Yup

3 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Play defensive we lose and we have people on here saying we should have gone for it 

Play attacking we lose and we have people on here saying we should have played defensive 

🤔

We are a shambles just now it won't matter what we do against Celtic they will rip us to shreds down the flanks and the Greek striker will have a field day with the supply he is given.

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

We are a shambles just now it won't matter what we do against Celtic they will rip us to shreds down the flanks and the Greek striker will have a field day with the supply he is given.

They will beat that’s a certain. 

We don’t have the defensive players to keep them out due to injuries 

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Yeah let’s be honest this game is a write off with 10 players out. Even if we installed Pep, Klopp and Sir Alex as joint manager.

Though I do recall saying similar before the 4-0 game, that was a makeshift team with a few kids. Maybe Robbie should just do the same, chuck Henderson, Smith, Pollock in the starting 11, maybe Pollock will do a Harry Cochrane

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

Absolutely no one on this board will accept Neilson wanting to keep the score down. And you are lying to yourself if you say it. The minute someone doesn’t press the ball at tynie people go radge. Best to try and go win the game then shut up shop if the worst happens.

VagabondJambo
4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yeah let’s be honest this game is a write off with 10 players out. Even if we installed Pep, Klopp and Sir Alex as joint manager.

Though I do recall saying similar before the 4-0 game, that was a makeshift team with a few kids. Maybe Robbie should just do the same, chuck Henderson, Smith, Pollock in the starting 11, maybe Pollock will do a Harry Cochrane

100% behind that!

joondalupjambo

For those going to drive over from Fife or further north just bear in mind there are major roadworks on the Queensferry crossing this weekend.  Northbound so getting across should be ok if you head over early enough but they are saying absolute nightmare timescales for heading back over.  Buses will be ok but rammed.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, VagabondJambo said:

100% behind that!

It’s a complete write off, a free hit of a fixture. Honestly if nothing else it’s worth it just to rest some key players who look a bit jaded eg. McKay and Shankland. Got the experience of Snodgrass in there to help manage the kids through the game 

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Cannot give my tickets away for this one.😂

I’ve already turned down a freebie for this!  Take a 0-4 and move on, could be very ugly. 

We_are_the_Hearts
6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

These days, we use free hits to punch ourselves in the face.

This in a nutshell. We don’t expect to win these games but how anyone can try and justify the manner in which we lose some of them is unreal. It’s pathetic,  loads of over paid pussies hiding behind the King of excuses and dullness. Thank **** most of the support haven’t become that soft. 

Get the game postponed due to a covid outbreak.  Accept a 0  3.  That will.be better for our goal difference than it will when we play