*** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***

dazajmbo

Cameronstheman
1 minute ago, DS98 said:

To be honest I couldn’t care less about points totals. Just one more than the team in 4th will do this season. Next year (hopefully minus the ridiculous injury list) can be the time when we start to look at totals and edge closer to the OF. 

The split always gives a skewed representation of points imo. Last season for instance we would’ve took more than 4/15 if we didn’t have one eye on the cup final.

Bang on 

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

• Batistuta87

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, DS98 said:

To be honest I couldn’t care less about points totals. Just one more than the team in 4th will do this season. Next year (hopefully minus the ridiculous injury list) can be the time when we start to look at totals and edge closer to the OF. 

The split always gives a skewed representation of points imo. Last season for instance we would’ve took more than 4/15 if we didn’t have one eye on the cup final.

Surely it's a gauge of how good the team is after all it was you who said this is our "best team in decades"!!  Which is certainly a controversial shout! 

By the way I would suggest the 2011-12 side ,who beat Hibs 5-1 in the first Edinburgh Cup Final in eons might have something to say about you skipping over them too! 

2 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Surely it's a gauge of how good the team is after all it was you who said this is our "best team in decades"!!  Which is certainly a controversial shout! 

By the way I would suggest the 2011-12 side ,who beat Hibs 5-1 in the first Edinburgh Cup Final in eons might have something to say about you skipping over them too! 

What’s controversial about it? Surely you don’t think the 2012 team is better? 🤣

In fact it’s too late for these shenanigans. 

Enjoy your night mate.

6 minutes ago, DS98 said:

What’s controversial about it? Surely you don’t think the 2012 team is better? 🤣

In fact it’s too late for these shenanigans. 

Enjoy your night mate.

I never said I thought the 2011-12 team was better though several players would certainly challenge for places in this one. However there is no way this is the best side in "decades"! That was your original point that I questioned. I hope this side can go on and win something, we probably still need a few pieces and some better luck with key injuries but here's hoping! 

Edited by Luckies1874

Hackney Hearts
49 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

What points total do you predict by seasons end? Can we beat any of these from the timeline you mentioned. We are currently sitting on 31 at the mid way point.

61 last season

65 in 2015-16

63 in 2010-11

I would expect us to accumulate more points in the 2nd half of the season without the distraction of Europe, some better luck with injuries (apart from the 2 Craigs obviously!) and maybe a couple of useful additions this window. Another 35 is certainly doable, making this side statistically the best of the last 16 years (which is what it was corrected to after the hyperbole of 'decades').

7 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

I would expect us to accumulate more points in the 2nd half of the season without the distraction of Europe, some better luck with injuries (apart from the 2 Craigs obviously!) and maybe a couple of useful additions this window. Another 35 is certainly doable, making this side statistically the best of the last 16 years (which is what it was corrected to after the hyperbole of 'decades').

Agree. I think we should definitely be looking to beat last seasons 61pts and like you think  that a reasonable (all be it ambitious) target would be to beat the 65pt mark. 

Edited by Luckies1874

1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

Totally agree, legs have gone and always worries me when up against a quick winger

been a great servant but time to let him go.

Would hate to see him go down the Berra route 

We were previously linked with Paddy Lane of fleetwood who is out of contact in the summer and can sign a pre contract with clubs out with England. Press have linked him with a move to Brighton previously also but could still be possible?

7 hours ago, DS98 said:

You’re missing the point. Doig was and is shite. Proved by the fact he has only played 5 times for the team rock bottom of the league. But Hibs talked him up and demanded the money. Why should we be any different? 

The same Doig being linked with Juve and Inter?

Re fees for selling players, perhaps some fans need to adjust their mentality, Hearts are long past the days when we need transfer income to keep the lights on etc. Indeed quite the opposite, we now have dramatically increased income, the support of an altruistic benefactor if necessary, a six figure no strings attached monthly income stream from the fans, and significant cash reserves to draw on as well.

In short, unless they have a release clause, players go for whatever we consider them to be worth and we don't have any need or obligation to sell them for a penny less than that.

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Re fees for selling players, perhaps some fans need to adjust their mentality, Hearts are long past the days when we need transfer income to keep the lights on etc. Indeed quite the opposite, we now have dramatically increased income, the support of an altruistic benefactor if necessary, a six figure no strings attached monthly income stream from the fans, and significant cash reserves to draw on as well.

In short, unless they have a release clause, players go for whatever we consider them to be worth and we don't have any need or obligation to sell them for a penny less than that.

Absolutely 

9 hours ago, 12XU said:

Great news that Everton recalled Simms 

Desperation from them before a relegation battle

Not good enough for Hearts, Sunderland and obviously Everton

Some League One Club will come calling for him next season - bang average at best 

This has to be up there with the "Sibbick has no pace" take as one of the most incorrect opinions on JKB ever 😄

i wish jj was my dad
6 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Would hate to see him go down the Berra route 

He may well be declining but he is still worth his place ATM.

Drylaw Hearts
15 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

This isn’t always the case. We put a valuation on Souttar, we didn’t get it and ended up with nothing from Rangers.

The buying club holds more of the aces imo, once they’ve made their interest known and the player fancies the move the selling club is instantly on the back foot.

We may not have any initial need to sell but once a player wants a move we aren’t ever going to stand in his way, which means we’ll need to accept whatever the buying club wants to pay. 

That won’t always be what we consider the true worth of a player.

And FWIW, I don’t see £5m being a current realistic valuation of Cammy Devlin. 

2 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Think you have a drinking problem

Maybe it was meant to be career advice towards Demitri?

1 minute ago, Gorgierools said:

Was thinking the same. Resign as opposed to re-sign. Shame his career is rapidly going down the toilet as he showed some talent during his first spell with us.

19 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

This isn’t always the case. We put a valuation on Souttar, we didn’t get it and ended up with nothing from Rangers.

The buying club holds more of the aces imo, once they’ve made their interest known and the player fancies the move the selling club is instantly on the back foot.

We may not have any initial need to sell but once a player wants a move we aren’t ever going to stand in his way, which means we’ll need to accept whatever the buying club wants to pay. 

That won’t always be what we consider the true worth of a player.

And FWIW, I don’t see £5m being a current realistic valuation of Cammy Devlin. 

I disagree, Souttar is case in point in fact. We don't need the money, so either Rangers had to pay what we were asking for or they have to wait until the player is out of contract before they can add him to their squad.

Hearts simply don't rely on transfer income anymore, so especially when players are under contract, they go for what we consider them to be worth, or they don't go.

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Was thinking the same. Resign as opposed to re-sign. Shame his career is rapidly going down the toilet as he showed some talent during his first spell with us.

Constantly injured. Good first spell but has tailed off ever since.

8 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

Wouldn’t worry about that 

I get the feeling he’s loving it at Hearts with the way he plays, body language and stuff like that. He’s the best midfielder I’ve seen us have in a long time can’t remember the last time we had a player that can take the ball anywhere on the pitch under pressure and look as though he will never lose it.

1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

Constantly injured. Good first spell but has tailed off ever since.

Was so disappointed by his second loan spell with us. Probably end up in league 1 down south.

i wish jj was my dad
14 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

The boy is not to subtly looking for a reaction. Best ignored. 

How long are we looking at to get a visa/work permit for the Japanese boy? Seem to remember kio taking ages and he was signed from within Europe 

Just now, Andyp1874 said:

How long are we looking at to get a visa/work permit for the Japanese boy? Seem to remember kio taking ages and he was signed from within Europe 

Its an easy thing to work out...

If you're Celtic signing a Japanese player = 5 days to get the paperwork sorted.

If you're Hearts signing a Japanese player = 9 weeks to get the paperwork sorted.

Simples.

59 minutes ago, Snodders said:

The same Doig being linked with Juve and Inter?

🤣 by who? Let me guess . . The Sun? If he can’t get a game for the worst team in the league, he’ll be back at Hibs in 18 months time. 

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

If you're Celtic signing a Japanese player = 5 days to get the paperwork sorted.

If you're Hearts signing a Japanese player = 9 weeks to get the paperwork sorted.

Simples.

😂😂ye thought would be along those lines 

rudi must stay
17 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

The boy is not to subtly looking for a reaction. Best ignored. 

I would but I'm no coach. Get his head right get his confidence up and he's a played 

7 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I would but I'm no coach. Get his head right get his confidence up and he's a played 

We’ve already got two of the best left backs in the league plus Halliday who is probably up there for POTY. 

Edited by DS98

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

You’re spot on re fees. If a club wants one of our contracted players they will stump up what we want. The issue then is demand and will a club want Devlin enough to stump up millions? Based on current ability that’s very very unlikely imo.

9 minutes ago, DS98 said:

🤣 by who? Let me guess . . The Sun? If he can’t get a game for the worst team in the league, he’ll be back at Hibs in 18 months time. 

You’re having a mare here.

:facepalm:

rudi must stay
14 minutes ago, DS98 said:

We’ve already got two of the best left backs in the league plus Halliday who is probably up there for POTY. 

Play him as a winger

Just now, Snodders said:

You’re spot on re fees. If a club wants one of our contracted players they will stump up what we want. The issue then is demand and will a club want Devlin enough to stump up millions? Based on current ability that’s very very unlikely imo.

You’re having a mare here.

:facepalm:

Go on then pal. Indulge me with your extensive Josh Doig knowledge. What credible source has him seriously linked with Juve?

Because as far as I’m concerned he was wank whenever I watched him and was regularly dropped for Stevenson. Hibs rolled out the PR machine and he got a move to worst team in Serie A where he’s played a grand total of 5 games. 

What am I missing?

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

In my opinion Rowles is a very different kettle of fish from Devlin and I fully expect us to sell him for several million. He is already showing signs that he will be equipped for England (or a big league) in time. I just hope Celtic, given their Oz connections, aren't a possible destination. He has pace, composure and an ability to be a magnet to crosses into the box, he cleared constantly in that 2nd half yesterday. This guy has huge potential. 

I agree, Rowles may go for decent money if he stays injury free and has a god full season with us.

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Unless juve are planning for Seria B again

5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I agree, Rowles may go for decent money if he stays injury free and has a god full season with us.

I think Rowles knows he has some improvements to make to his game. He had a great world cup and his stock is no doubt high but there are aspects of his game as a centre back he will know he can work on. Main one in this league is strength, he has lost out a few times with players that are physical and is probably something he didn't have to worry about in the world cup as much. Fletcher and May gave him a hard time because they put themselves about, he's still fairly young for a centre half and will only get better. Don't get me wrong I think he's a fantastic player and will go onto make the club a bit of money, I think he knows if he stays for the next 18 months he will have improved ten fold with the experience of playing in the league every week coupled with hopefully european football.

11 minutes ago, DS98 said:

When's Fletcher getting that Madrid move?

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

Go on then pal. Indulge me with your extensive Josh Doig knowledge. What credible source has him seriously linked with Juve?

Because as far as I’m concerned he was wank whenever I watched him and was regularly dropped for Stevenson. Hibs rolled out the PR machine and he got a move to worst team in Serie A where he’s played a grand total of 5 games. 

What am I missing?

A lot.

Two weeks ago CIES Football Laboratory ranked him and Hickey as two of the top ten young full backs in Europe.

Calcio Mercato (Italian media):

”Corriere di Verona takes stock of the situation of Josh Doig, a former owner of Hellas, strongly sought by Lazio. His valuation is around eight million euros and the list of suitors is increasing: Bologna and Atalanta also.”

https://m.calciomercato.com/news/lazio-aumenta-la-concorrenza-per-doig-il-verona-fissa-il-prezzo-68543

The Scotsman:

”Doig joined the Italian Serie A outfit this summer for £3million and his displays in Verona have attracted interest from other Italian clubs, including Napoli, Atalanta and Roma. Reports in Italy suggest that Doig is valued at £6m.“

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hellas-verona-receive-offer-for-josh-doig-but-why-hibs-will-hope-deal-does-not-happen-3965178?amp

Il Mattino (Italian press):

“The price of Doig is around 6 million euros, waiting on him there are also Juventus, Atalanta and Roma.”

https://www.ilmattino.it/AMP/sport/josh_doig_dove_va_ultime_notizie_oggi_napoli-7106830.html

Daily Record:

“Doig, meanwhile, looks to be on a similar trajectory and could bank Hibs significant cash if his performances for Hellas Verona continue with Juventus and Inter among the teams linked with a major move.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/aaron-hickey-josh-doig-rated-28818757.amp

5 minutes ago, Snodders said:

A lot.

Two weeks ago CIES Football Laboratory ranked him and Hickey as two of the top ten young full backs in Europe.

”Corriere di Verona takes stock of the situation of Josh Doig, a former owner of Hellas, strongly sought by Lazio. His valuation is around eight million euros and the list of suitors is increasing: Bologna and Atalanta also.”

https://m.calciomercato.com/news/lazio-aumenta-la-concorrenza-per-doig-il-verona-fissa-il-prezzo-68543

The Scotsman:

”Doig joined the Italian Serie A outfit this summer for £3million and his displays in Verona have attracted interest from other Italian clubs, including Napoli, Atalanta and Roma. Reports in Italy suggest that Doig is valued at £6m.“

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hellas-verona-receive-offer-for-josh-doig-but-why-hibs-will-hope-deal-does-not-happen-3965178?amp

“The price of Doig is around 6 million euros, waiting on him there are also Juventus, Atalanta and Roma.”

https://www.ilmattino.it/AMP/sport/josh_doig_dove_va_ultime_notizie_oggi_napoli-7106830.html

Daily Record:

“Doig, meanwhile, looks to be on a similar trajectory and could bank Hibs significant cash if his performances for Hellas Verona continue with Juventus and Inter among the teams linked with a major move.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/aaron-hickey-josh-doig-rated-28818757.amp

So absolutely nothing credible then. 

welcome to JKB mate, you’ll be a great addition 👍

7 minutes ago, Snodders said:

A lot.

The Scotsman:

Daily Record:

I would be amazed if Doig ends up at Juve but to be honest I have no idea how he has done over there. If he moved there then what a move for him and it's always good to see Scottish players playing for some big clubs abroad. The Italian teams do seem to have taken an interest in young Scottish players with the likes of Henderson, Hickey Ferguson and Doig. Porteous also being linked with Udinese. 

9 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Why? 

No one that has seen him play or his injury history would even consider this! Thank god our recruitment team aren't from JKB!

16 minutes ago, DS98 said:

“Nothing credible”

:rofl:

17 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I would be amazed if Doig ends up at Juve but to be honest I have no idea how he has done over there. If he moved there then what a move for him and it's always good to see Scottish players playing for some big clubs abroad. The Italian teams do seem to have taken an interest in young Scottish players with the likes of Henderson, Hickey Ferguson and Doig. Porteous also being linked with Udinese. 

Bologna seem favourites and have offered a player swap which would be ideal as it means no cash going to Hibs.

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Simples.

That's some top quality paranoia there. SFA have signed off on it. Home Office now, and I doubt they give preferential treatment to  Celtic 

Be surprised if Doig goes anywhere yet having played so few games. Hickey played over 45 games across 2 seasons so was established in the Serie A. 

Doig clearly has potential but has a long way to go surely.  Playing in a team struggling at the bottom wont help him either ?

Can you ladies take your bickering somewhere else? This threat is for transfer rumours, nobody gives a feck how much some Hibs wank is worth.

1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

I get the feeling he’s loving it at Hearts with the way he plays, body language and stuff like that. He’s the best midfielder I’ve seen us have in a long time can’t remember the last time we had a player that can take the ball anywhere on the pitch under pressure and look as though he will never lose it.

Beni? He's unbelievable under pressure, gets himself out of any tight position and makes space for himself. Easy to forget as it feels like so long since he last played.

Snoddy is frightening though. Don't think he lost the ball once against Hibs. A joy to watch

34 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Stop! Doig is very highly rated in Italy and will get a move to a bigger club.

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

I disagree, Souttar is case in point in fact. We don't need the money, so either Rangers had to pay what we were asking for or they have to wait until the player is out of contract before they can add him to their squad.

Hearts simply don't rely on transfer income anymore, so especially when players are under contract, they go for what we consider them to be worth, or they don't go.

This is a very basic interpretation. Hearts will rightly look to maximise value but we sell the club as a stepping stone to the riches of the English game. We won't stand in a players way to squeeze out a few extra pound. It's not our model.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***