*** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***

dazajmbo

1 hour ago, WageThief said:

I think we'll keep 'cheesy' too, just for the bants.

Yeah, he always seems fun whenever I've seen him on TV with the other players!

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

• Batistuta87

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

Kuol is an interesting one, when Natty came on against Hibs he looked a nervous wreck and ran about clueless like someone who was way out his depth.

This is my memory of Kuol when he came on for Australia in the WC, maybe it was partly because I was raging it wasn’t Devlin but watched him and he looked lost.

Stunned Newcastle signed him but must be something there. Guess the likes of Devlin or Royce would likely have a word in Robbie’s ear if he was gash or indeed worth pursuing?

Got to remember he's only 18 and played in a WC last 16 so no disgrace if he was nervous. He's not played much first team football but must have some ability to be at the WC and play and also move to Newcastle. 

3 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Kuol.  I know nothing about him, but if Howe has signed him then I want a bit of him.

Agree Howe has been great for Newcastle and spotting a player, if Kuol can get some game time here and have the same impact Simms did from January to May then I'm all for it. 

RustyRightPeg
39 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

Kuol is an interesting one, when Natty came on against Hibs he looked a nervous wreck and ran about clueless like someone who was way out his depth.

This is my memory of Kuol when he came on for Australia in the WC, maybe it was partly because I was raging it wasn’t Devlin but watched him and he looked lost.

Stunned Newcastle signed him but must be something there. Guess the likes of Devlin or Royce would likely have a word in Robbie’s ear if he was gash or indeed worth pursuing?

He’s literally just turned 18. He hadn’t started a senior game at that point.

RustyRightPeg

FWIW, I think it’s worth trying to build a relationship with Newcastle. 

Whether you agree or disagree with their ownership is a debate for another day. 

The reality is over the coming years they will revamp the youth set up with the wealth at hand (similar to Man City’s academy) and there will be players we can get on loan. 

Dan Ashworth worked wonders at Brighton and I suspect he will with Newcastle too. 

28 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Devlin the new boo boy since we're playing well and winning? :lol:

What the **** happened to talking UP your players ffs.

Correct. We scouted him based on his stats, and since joining us he has improved on them and will get better. How much better is a guess at this stage. He reminds me of Ian Black, an annoying midfielder who snaps away all game and plays for the shirt and the team. Perfect for a derby imo

26 minutes ago, livi said:

A bit harsh I think the alteration is probably fairer.

He was only playing left back instead of right back. He looked like he was playing a different sport.

I like him, think there is a player there for sure but not seen a player look more lost since we brought on Mceneff in the semi

17 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Hellas Verona are bottom of the league on 5 points. You are believing what you read in the sun and record. The same was said about Liam Henderson when he moved to Italy. 

I’m believing what I’ve read in the Scotsman, various Italian media sites and the Daily Record. Are they all making it up?

Devlin can pass the ball. Just had an off day. Which is easy in a derby. But he never hid and worked hard for team as always. Comments must be from part time supporters 

1 minute ago, sac said:

Correct. We scouted him based on his stats, and since joining us he has improved on them and will get better. How much better is a guess at this stage. He reminds me of Ian Black, an annoying midfielder who snaps away all game and plays for the shirt and the team. Perfect for a derby imo

Black and Devlin definitely share some attributes but were very different players for us. Black was a playmaker who sprayed passes and took set pieces. Cammy is a workhorse who wins the ball back and harries opponents.

Just now, johnking123 said:

Devlin can pass the ball. Just had an off day. Which is easy in a derby. But he never hid and worked hard for team as always. Comments must be from part time supporters 

I made the same comments about him before the derby so how does that figure into your thinking? 🤔

Kuol, Oda and a big no nonsense defender similar to Caulker would be a good January transfer window I think.

Just as well we never went for Joe Wright in the summer, doesn't seem to have been great for Killie and was hopeless against us. Shows the difference in our approach now, taking our time and making sure we sign the right player instead of just hoping it works out. That would never have happened before and makes gives me a lot more confidence in future windows of the types of player we'll get. Obviously not every single one will work out but I'm far more optimistic than I've ever been

2 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Think you're getting confused.  No one is saying he isn't a good player for us.  There's a difference between saying he's not worth £5m and saying he's crap.

5 minutes ago, Waterboy said:

Think you're getting confused.  No one is saying he isn't a good player for us.  There's a difference between saying he's not worth £5m and saying he's crap.

I don't think he is. There's folk on this thread claiming Devlin's passing is shite.

It's an absolute nonsense claim.

But to end on a positive note, it's great for identifying those to not pay much attention to.

38 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Six assists this season, but he can’t pass the ball 10 yards. 

Not sure about the other five assists but I see his pass to McKay against St Johnstone was classed as an assist. Not sure I’d put too much weight on that stat 😂

1 minute ago, Waterboy said:

Why aren't people taking this in?? 

If they'd actually read what has been said instead of just diving in there head first 

Jeeeez😅

Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

I don't think he is. There's folk on this thread claiming Devlin's passing is shite.

But to end on a positive note, it's great for identifying those to not pay much attention to.

If his passing was shite he wouldn’t be starting every week for the third best team in Scotland. His forward passing is very limited though imo.

45 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Devlin the new boo boy since we're playing well and winning? :lol:

What the **** happened to talking UP your players ffs.

Exactly. He was instrumental in two of our goals on Monday, but apparently is now shite. 

Same with Natty- comes on after being out injured for a few weeks, straight into a derby being played at 100mph and is out of position and on his wrong side. Done fine in the circumstances and contributed to our clean sheet. As did Forrest on the other side - a winger having to defend.

1 minute ago, Dunks said:

Exactly. He was instrumental in two of our goals on Monday, but apparently is now shite. 

Same with Natty- comes on after being out injured for a few weeks, straight into a derby being played at 100mph and is out of position and on his wrong side. Done fine in the circumstances and contributed to our clean sheet. As did Forrest on the other side - a winger having to defend.

Quote one single post saying this

50 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Some utter shite being sprayed about devlin again I see.  He mis places a couple of passes and suddenly he can’t pass the ball 10 yards. 😂

despite the fact that this season he has put in some ridiculously good performances! All forgotten becuase of a misplaced pass or 2.

No matter how many times ultimately folk are made to look completely clueless JKB needs a target. 

👍 My criticism last season of CD was that he didn’t take the opportunity to get us 15/20 yds up the pitch. However, he has sorted that and is now regularly doing it regularly and also getting into great attacking positions himself.

16 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

His tenacity brought us our first goal.

The Hogfather
7 minutes ago, Snodders said:

Not sure about the other five assists but I see his pass to McKay against St Johnstone was classed as an assist. Not sure I’d put too much weight on that stat 😂

Picked up an assist at Tannadice with a good forward pass. Might’ve been less than 10 yards though, so it probably doesn’t count. 

3 minutes ago, Waterboy said:

Quote one single post saying this

Everyone in the ground saw that Natty was a liability on his left, except for Robbie.

Not the player's fault. 

8 minutes ago, Snodders said:

Just checked and two of the assists were also him being tackled for the two pens against Celtic.

3 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Picked up an assist at Tannadice with a good forward pass. Might’ve been less than 10 yards though, so it probably doesn’t count. 

More of a tackle than a pass imo but that’s what he’s good at.

1 minute ago, chrystaf said:

Everyone in the ground saw that Natty was a liability on his left, except for Robbie.

Not the player's fault. 

Have you replied to the wrong post?  I've not been a part of any Atkinson discussion

The Real Maroonblood
55 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

You’d think that the shorter distance from Newcastle to Edinburgh would be a factor in their decision, as well as our Australian colony.

That might swing it.

24 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

He was only playing left back instead of right back. He looked like he was playing a different sport.

I like him, think there is a player there for sure but not seen a player look more lost since we brought on Mceneff in the semi

Lesson learned I hope. 

4 minutes ago, Waterboy said:

Have you replied to the wrong post?  I've not been a part of any Atkinson discussion

See Dunks........

This place is wild. Because many have mentioned that Devlin is not a £4-5m player due to his lack of ability on the ball it's now seen as an attack on him and he's being made a target. And now it has led to a full blown debate on his passing skills. Nobody said he was shite FFS. Merely pointing out that he isn't worth that sort of money. There's no more to it than that

Let's move on from this now and back to transfers 😆

28 minutes ago, Snodders said:

I made the same comments about him before the derby so how does that figure into your thinking? 🤔

Well that would make you wrong then :lol:

2 hours ago, Bauld said:

I might be wrong but didn't Stewart cause everyone to have piss in their pants when Gordon missed a game but ended up coming in and doing an excellent job? Making a fair few of us look like dicks. (nothing new I know)

If he isn't breaking the bank and is happy to stay as our back up while Gordon is out for a long time then I see no harm in keeping him around.

Stewart had a good game at Celtic Park. Let's not pretend his performances prior to that were anywhere close to acceptable. If anything were to happen to Zander Clark we'd be in deep shit. 

1 hour ago, Snodders said:

Look we all hate Hibs but most of us can still read and understand information relating to them and their ex players without resorting to fantasy.

The facts are Doig has made 9 appearances out of 15 matches in Serie A (5 starts, 4 as sub). He’s been playing mostly left wing and has scored two goals. He missed three weeks with an injury. He’s being chased by a number of bigger Serie A clubs and will likely end up at one either now or in the summer. Sorry if that causes upset but it’s true.

Best of luck to the kid, genuinely.  Maybe best thing for him would be relegation, as either a bigger team would come in for him looking for a bargain and his club would be likely to sell, or he stays and gets every game at serie B before hitting age 21 and ready to be in Serie A every week.

Nowt against the boy in the slightest.  Certainly not your usual Hibs type (prob due to his Heart education, genuinely).  I was of strong belief he was massively overhyped, simply because I'd seen him play 5/6 times and never once seen him play well.  But at that age that doesn't alway mean you're crap, it could be many things including simply being in the wrong team!!!!

RustyRightPeg
18 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I’ll admit I said his ball retention was the poorest part of the game. It was a mistake on my part, and I didn’t put the point across the way I should’ve. 

Ball retention is one of the better parts of his game, in that he wins it and generally plays a 5 yard pass. 

I should’ve said the weakest part of his game was his passing range. I have no issue with him keeping it simple. If he started trying to force longer stuff that he wasn’t comfy doing then the cracks would be obvious. 

He’s been an absolute revelation for us for 18 months now and long may it continue. 

2 minutes ago, Homme said:

Well that would make you wrong then :lol:

It’s not a factual thing that someone can be ‘wrong’ about though, it’s all about opinions. In my opinion he is very limited going forward. Deal with it 😂

3 minutes ago, Carter said:

Stewart had a good game at Celtic Park. Let's not pretend his performances prior to that were anywhere close to acceptable. If anything were to happen to Zander Clark we'd be in deep shit. 

Bang on.

1 hour ago, The Hogfather said:

What absolute fantasist nonsense that is :laugh: I’m gonna check out of this thread for a bit, because some folk are clearly on one today. 

Skip to 3:05 to see Super Scott McKenna in action. Cheers. 

I don't rate McKenna in the slightest. But you could also create a reel of Halkett moments from the Levein/Stendel abomination period. 

Aberdeen have achieved good money for a couple of players. Given the shape we're in as a club I wouldn't worry about anyone being sold for peanuts. I'd also very much doubt we've got any Souttar types in the building who would seek to shit on the club. 

Bazzas right boot
37 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

FWIW, I think it’s worth trying to build a relationship with Newcastle. 

Whether you agree or disagree with their ownership is a debate for another day. 

The reality is over the coming years they will revamp the youth set up with the wealth at hand (similar to Man City’s academy) and there will be players we can get on loan. 

Dan Ashworth worked wonders at Brighton and I suspect he will with Newcastle too. 

Yip, much closer for players to move and still visit/ family etc as well.

Even thins like the weather are similar.

The practicalities are much easier.

We should be exploring that 100%.

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I’ll admit I said his ball retention was the poorest part of the game. It was a mistake on my part, and I didn’t put the point across the way I should’ve. 

Ball retention is one of the better parts of his game, in that he wins it and generally plays a 5 yard pass. 

I should’ve said the weakest part of his game was his passing range. I have no issue with him keeping it simple. If he started trying to force longer stuff that he wasn’t comfy doing then the cracks would be obvious. 

He’s been an absolute revelation for us for 18 months now and long may it continue. 

Fair.

I do think some Hearts fans treat him harshly. He's no Snodgrass with the ball but what he's brilliant for us, and a weakness certainly doesn't mean it's poor.

23 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

👍 My criticism last season of CD was that he didn’t take the opportunity to get us 15/20 yds up the pitch. However, he has sorted that and is now regularly doing it regularly and also getting into great attacking positions himself.

For me he’s always had the awareness and game brain to get into good positions. It’s his decision making and quality in the final third that’s in question.  Early doors this season against Dundee Utd he burst into the box Cameron-esque and centred it for Shankland to tap it home. I thought he’d developed that aspect of his game over the summer and was going to push on. It’s not worked out that way   unfortunately. Still one of my favourite current Hearts players though.  

Edited by Snodders

Page 112 and we are back to the desperately trying to push down the value of our players stage ………….. think I will skip to page 116

11 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Best of luck to the kid, genuinely.  Maybe best thing for him would be relegation, as either a bigger team would come in for him looking for a bargain and his club would be likely to sell, or he stays and gets every game at serie B before hitting age 21 and ready to be in Serie A every week.

Nowt against the boy in the slightest.  Certainly not your usual Hibs type (prob due to his Heart education, genuinely).  I was of strong belief he was massively overhyped, simply because I'd seen him play 5/6 times and never once seen him play well.  But at that age that doesn't alway mean you're crap, it could be many things including simply being in the wrong team!!!!

Fair play to him for managing to get his move despite the horrendous managers Hibs have had over past 18 months. No wonder he looked shite every time we played them 😂

Just now, johnking123 said:

Only think Devlin has to do now is score a goal or two. He is starting to make runs into the box a bit more often. 

He always has made those runs. Just needs to convert more to goals and assists. His reading of the game is excellent both defensively and offensively. He pops up in some great positions in the final third and has a nack of finding space.

Mods have got to step in  and shut down this shit show surely?

It's turned into a slaverathone about the value of a player that's not even attracted any bids yet.

Back on topic ladies ffs .

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Page 112 and we are back to the desperately trying to push down the value of our players stage ………….. think I will skip to page 116

Fortunately the views of our fans have no impact upon the value of our players (unless they become a boo boy target and it saps their confidence). Can’t imagine a single Hearts fan not backing Devlin to the rafters and wanting the very best for him.

Naisys Tackle
4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

he’s not actually getting a regular game for bologna. Italian team like to push players in the press a lot to drum up interest abroad. 

it happened with hickey as well, who’s at an entirely different level to doig. He ended up being sold for less that 50% of the initial numbers quoted in the press 

He doesn't play for Bologna he plays for Verona and is playing right now.  BT 2. 

Don't plenty posters say it takes a while for players to adapt to a new league and country when coming to us?  Yet slag a young laddie (Jambo too).  He's been a standout going forward for Verona hes played any game hes not been injured since September too. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***