*** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***

dazajmbo

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Yep. Let’s be truthful, Atkinson’s form is nowhere near what Sibbick’s was as well at its lowest. 

Atkinson has never been as bad as Sibbick was at Pittodrie 

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

• Batistuta87

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Damn straight, I can't believe there are people who'd let him go.

They say he's brilliant to have around, and I loved seeing him giving their fans the big yin after our first. Gino gets it, he's earned his place here.

I loved that from him! Got it right up them. Gino absolutely deserves a new contract. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

We need to keep Gino as his pace and movement keeps the opposition guessing. His finishing has improved and I like the way he now tries to shoot on sight, I don't mind if misses I'd rather see players have an early shot rather than faff about with it. I have very much changed my opinion on what he brings to the team, give him an extended contract Hearts!

30 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I think that the news about Halkett will mean the club will definitely make a right sided CB a priority 

We need a big boss of a CB to sit in the middle of a three. Would probably quite gladly take Alex Iacovotti as he wouldn't need any time to get up to speed or to get used to the league. Can then play anywhere across a back three once Halks is back. 

Edited by Batistuta87

16 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I think that the news about Halkett will mean the club will definitely make a right sided CB a priority 

I know people have mentioned Steven Caulker name on here before but didn't realise he is only 31 and a free agent now after leaving fenerbache. May do a job until end of season

Watt-Zeefuik
5 hours ago, indianajones said:

The Humps gets it.

Need a Black-Eyed Peas song about him ASAP.

bobby bombscare

To be honest, we need a couple centre backs in if we are to be serious about competing. 

I know he has done well but Cochrane is a LB/LWB, as is Halliday and don't like either of them in that centre back position. Neilson could use a 6 month loan as well to get regular game time (maybe to a championship club). So that currently gives us Sibbick, Rowles and Kingsley with only 1 actual CB as backup if all goes wrong. Ideally I would like to see 1 permanent and 1 loan. I know it sounds weird loaning out someone just to loan someone in but it's the best thing for his development. 

Edited by bobby bombscare

We don’t need a centre back during the window, we need one right now. Hopefully there’s a lot of work going on behind the scenes and has been for a few weeks. 

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

To be honest, we need a couple centre backs in if we are to be serious about competing. 

I know he has done well but Cochrane is a LB/LWB, as is Halliday and don't like either of them in that centre back position. Neilson could use a 6 month loan as well to get regular game time (maybe to a championship club). So that currently gives us Sibbick, Rowles and Kingsley with only 1 actual CB as backup if all goes wrong. Ideally I would like to see 1 permanent and 1 loan. I know it sounds weird loaning out someone just to loan someone in but it's the best thing for his development. 

I agree re. Lewis Neilson. Suspect Halkett’s injury may have thrown that up in the air a bit however. 

Sibbick is first choice RCB now in my eyes. It’s his jersey to lose for the remainder of the season. Rowles can play CB/LCB as can Kingsley. That would give us the luxury of pushing cochrane on one. One may be enough but we can never count our chickens with injuries at this club. 

Italian Lambretta
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

We don’t need a centre back during the window, we need one right now. Hopefully there’s a lot of work going on behind the scenes and has been for a few weeks. 

Whats Jimmy Dunne up to these days?

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

I think Paterson and Oda show that work has been going on no? 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Italian Lambretta said:

Playing every week for QPR. 

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I think Paterson and Oda show that work has been going on no? 

I was meaning specifically for an experienced CB. 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Tazio said:

I was meaning specifically for an experienced CB. 

A week and a half ago we had 4 fit experienced ones with 2/3 more able to fill in when required. You can forgive them if it wasn’t top of the list.

Nowhere near time to panic. 

2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

We need a big boss of a CB to sit in the middle of a three. Would probably quite gladly take Alex Iacovotti as he wouldn't need any time to get up to speed or to get used to the league. Can then play anywhere across a back three once Halks is back. 

A big boss? 

What about.....(wait for it)

Possibly....

Rocky?

image.thumb.png.9d455c148c98ec5914784463a33202ec.png

12 minutes ago, WageThief said:

A big boss? 

Possibly....

Rocky?

Haha. I mean Marshal probably better than Stewart so woukd be our 3rd choice, currently 2nd.

Rocky? Rocky Bushiri?!!! How could anyone watch that yesterday, see our even 3rd, 4th choice defenders then look at Bushiri and say he'd even be allowed to work in our pie stands?!

Its amazing.

fwiw Marshal, Cadden, Nisbet and Youan are all good spfl standard players, magennis too actually. Would any of them make our xi? Maybe and its a big maybe Cadden but even then only if playing with better players improved parts of his game.

They'd be lucky to get 3/4 players in our 24 man squad is the truth.

30 minutes ago, WageThief said:

A big boss? 

Possibly....

Rocky?

This Rocky? 🥴

Noticed that Connor Wickham is now a free agent.

Not sure what he’d be looking for in terms of game time etc but might be an option

3 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Noticed that Connor Wickham is now a free agent.

Not sure what he’d be looking for in terms of game time etc but might be an option

Decent when he’s fit but that has been few and far between in his career. 

Arthur Morgan
31 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

This Rocky? 🥴

Yet Hibs fans will tell you he's been their best defender this season! Scary or what? 😳

Connor Wickham free agent done well at FGR probably could do with another striker if Shankland gets injured 

jambo-in-furness
5 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Connor Wickham free agent done well at FGR probably could do with another striker if Shankland gets injured 

Probably wants too much of a wage,  Salary was £1.3m reportedly 

rudi must stay

I think we should be on the looking for another signing like Snodgrass these guys can improve the squad. That's the way to go so Wickham yes he'd be alright, whisper it but I'd take Leigh Griffiths as well if you could get him cheap. That bit of quality we should chase to close the gap. I'm not as in the loop player wise but I think that's where we are 

2 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I wonder who the club is looking at. Personally, would love Steven Caulker or Michael Hector, think both would add a lot of experience and height into our back line. Hector is 6ft 4', so if we could get Paterson in too, we'd be looking at having quite a team very strong in the air all of a sudden. 

Ford Prentice
2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I think we should be on the looking for another signing like Snodgrass these guys can improve the squad. That's the way to go so Wickham yes he'd be alright, whisper it but I'd take Leigh Griffiths as well if you could get him cheap. That bit of quality we should chase to close the gap. I'm not as in the loop player wise but I think that's where we are 

I recommend a dry January for you.

Horatio Caine
2 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Sitting on his arse waiting for Robbie to call him, of course.

FFS!

I'm willing to take a bit of flack for this and by no means is this a suggestion for a signing but Bushiri has something about him and isn't the laughing stock from the end of last season / beginning of this.

That tweet above re the header / nutmeg is an absolute classic though :rofl:

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Haha. I mean Marshal probably better than Stewart so woukd be our 3rd choice, currently 2nd.

Rocky? Rocky Bushiri?!!! How could anyone watch that yesterday, see our even 3rd, 4th choice defenders then look at Bushiri and say he'd even be allowed to work in our pie stands?!

Its amazing.

fwiw Marshal, Cadden, Nisbet and Youan are all good spfl standard players, magennis too actually. Would any of them make our xi? Maybe and its a big maybe Cadden but even then only if playing with better players improved parts of his game.

They'd be lucky to get 3/4 players in our 24 man squad is the truth.

The only player I would take from that Hibs team would be that Élie Youan, he was causing us some problems, but thankfully Nisbet went missing again and he was getting zero support from his team mates. Obviously Martin Boyle too. 

Marshall isn't half the player Gordon is, and Zander is clearly better too.

Their CBs are all shite, minus Porteous who loses composure too much. 

Nisbet isn't better than Shankland

Stevenson is a joke. Although, I think Cadden could give Atkinson and Smith some competition. Although not much between them all. (Smith better but declining with age). 

10 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

What on earth

Absolute Scenes
50 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

You’re too sharp for this forum 😂 

4 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

What’s the contract situation with Iacovetti at Ross County.

Always seems like a solid no nonsense defender.

Out of contract end of the season. 

I would be going for him, seem a decent no nonsense type of defender.

Sack that idea. Left footed.

Edited by jambopilms

Bazzas right boot
53 minutes ago, OTT said:

I wonder who the club is looking at. Personally, would love Steven Caulker or Michael Hector, think both would add a lot of experience and height into our back line. Hector is 6ft 4', so if we could get Paterson in too, we'd be looking at having quite a team very strong in the air all of a sudden. 

Porteous....:av-1001:

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

This threads going to the dogs. Rocky? Griffiths? FFS 🤦‍♂️ 

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Porteous....:av-1001:

Full house

Auld Reekin'
55 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Even if we gave Griffiths his bus-fare to Tynie we'd still have spent too much on him. :ermm:

5 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

What’s the contract situation with Iacovetti at Ross County.

Always seems like a solid no nonsense defender.

Is he not a left sided  defender ? Sure he started of as a left back  .

If he is there is zero chance we will sign him imo.

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Yet Hibs fans will tell you he's been their best defender this season! Scary or what? 😳

The fact they believe he has been their best defender this season, is the reason why they will be in a relegation battle this season.

I wonder if Halketts injury has shifted the focus of the budget onto a centre half. We’ve only got so much and maybe other targets might not happen. 

John Findlay
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Proof that the drugs dont work.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***