*** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***

dazajmbo

Jeezo, so the transfer windae has slammed shut already then ?

take the bickering about devlin/atkinson, to another thread.....

Now back to Transfers !

Anyone seen Oda  ?  CP  ?  Caulker ? 

Mon !!!

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

• Batistuta87

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Mods have got to step in  and shut down this shit show surely?

It's turned into a slaverathone about the value of a player that's not even attracted any bids yet.

Back on topic ladies ffs .

“ladies” 😳🤣

It’s a transfer thread and we’re discussing what potential value Devlin might have if transferred. In the absence of any signing it’s an interesting discussion which appears to have some quite different opinions.

Just now, Snodders said:

“ladies” 😳🤣

It’s a transfer thread and we’re discussing what potential value Devlin might have if transferred. In the absence of any signing it’s an interesting discussion which appears to have some quite different opinions.

Its not, its just dull !

2 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Jeezo, so the transfer windae has slammed shut already then ?

take the bickering about devlin/atkinson, to another thread.....

Now back to Transfers !

Anyone seen Oda  ?  CP  ?  Caulker ? 

Mon !!!

Oda seems like pretty much a done deal.

Paterson looks like he is back in favour at Wednesday just now, although there were some rumblings earlier that he was pretty much nailed on to come to us in Summer,  dunno if that chat has cooled now.

Caulker has only really been mentioned by a couple of posters on here so could just be speculation although I do think he would be a tremendous signing tbf.

Devlin is worth whatever a club will pay for him, ideally keep him as he is amazing for the team and does a great job. The club will decide what price is right but I imagine 5m would be enough to move him on

54 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

He was only playing left back instead of right back. He looked like he was playing a different sport.

I like him, think there is a player there for sure but not seen a player look more lost since we brought on Mceneff in the semi

The guy couldn't tackle a fish supper no matter if he is playing RB. LB or further forward.

Headless chicken more often than not when making runs forward and a poor crosser of the ball.  

He seems very weak and easliy moved of the ball and goes down far too easliy pretending to be injured.

3 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Its not, its just dull !

So skip past it? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyway I think it’s pretty much done. Nobody is saying Devlin is “shite” or his “passing is shite”. Someone said he was worth £5M and it was rightfully challenged.

1 minute ago, Chimp said:

You got any interesting new transfer news to report on then?

Yup

but i cannae tell you !

1 minute ago, Chimp said:

You got any interesting new transfer news to report on then?

Hearts have made an enquiry to Newcastle United over a loan for Australia international forward Garang Kuol. No decision made on where he'll play the rest of the season yet, but Eddie Howe wants him playing regularly. More on @STVSport tonight.

Just now, gorgieheart said:

Hearts have made an enquiry to Newcastle United over a loan for Australia international forward Garang Kuol. No decision made on where he'll play the rest of the season yet, but Eddie Howe wants him playing regularly. More on @STVSport tonight.

Beat me to it 😂

1 minute ago, Swanny17 said:

After Kuol and this guy too apparently. 

Means we can play “Give it up” again every game! 

:peepwall:

surely it would be Wang Gang style........

1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

Eddie Howe a bright guy and will see not only that we helped Simms and how the likes of Cochrane and Beni have done, but also you'd think will understand Kuol coming to a team where he already knows 3 of the lads could be good for him.  We also have the relationship there with Dan Ashworth from the Cochrane deal and Davie Weir.  We're also 2 hours away from Newcastle.

So, this doesn't seem far fetched in the slightest to be honest.  Kinda adds up unless Newcastle wanted him at a perceived higher level but at his age, who would that be, realistically where he'd get game time?

Calling it!  Done deal.

The Australian teenager is viewed as one of his country's great white hopes and impressed with a couple of cameo performances off the bench at the World Cup - with Alan Shearer singling him out as a standout against France. The Magpies snapped him up from Central Coast Mariners in the summer but he only joined the St James' Park side on January 1 as they allowed him to continue his development in the A-League for six months.

Daily Ranker at its best !!

:jj_facepalm:

4 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Kuol has already been mentioned on this thread earlier

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

Remember the last couple of "wonderkids" we had on loan from citeh and the scousers.

I'd be very wary of going down this route again

Having seen the boy mate he looks entirely the real deal.

We would have to guarantee game time though so Gino will likely be out the team and no place for Boyce if back.

We'll struggle to compete if we are up against a championship side for Kuol. Feel our only trump card is the fact we already have Aussie boys here to help him settle

LarrysRightFoot

Whatever happened to Elliot Anderson? I don’t think he’s got much game time by staying, wonder if we are still interested. 

3 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Kuol has already been mentioned on this thread earlier

No bother, didnt realise that things couldnt be repeated here...like the Devlin and Atkinson chat, for example !

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Chimp said:

We'll struggle to compete if we are up against a championship side for Kuol. Feel our only trump card is the fact we already have Aussie boys here to help him settle

6 month up here then a year in the Champ would probably be best for the player imo.

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

We would have to guarantee game time though so Gino will likely be out the team and no place for Boyce if back.

Woodburn and the Japanese lad (forgotten his name already) looked the real deal before they signed.

The second part of your post is what concerns me most.

The only people that should decide who gets game time at our club should be our management team, not the manager of a club in a different country

On 02/12/2022 at 12:43, Lovecraft said:

We should be having a word with Newcastle about getting Kuol on loan.  He won't be getting games there and we have the 3 Aussies to help him settle in, plus it's only an hour away for him to join any training sessions or other stuff with the Newcastle team.

:greggy:

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Woodburn and the Japanese lad (forgotten his name already) looked the real deal before they signed.

The second part of your post is what concerns me most.

The only people that should decide who gets game time at our club should be our management team, not the manager of a club in a different country

Yeah true.  And agree.  Could effect squad harmony too.  "Aye Josh sign a new contract mate but your benched the rest of the season".  

Edited by Robbies Tackle

Just now, gorgieheart said:

No bother, didnt realise that things couldnt be repeated here...like the Devlin and Atkinson chat, for example !

It can be repeated, it's just that I'd asked if you had any new news to report on and I pointed it out it wasn't new. Don't know why you're so bothered people were having a debate about the value of  one our or players on a transfer thread. Unlikely everything people post is going to be on new rumours of players coming in as that's almost impossible. As good as that would be

7 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Whatever happened to Elliot Anderson? I don’t think he’s got much game time by staying, wonder if we are still interested. 

He was on the bench last night against Arsenal and has played a few games this season but is down the pecking order a little bit. He would benefit with a loan move as well but not sure Newcastle will let him go until they get some bodies in the door. 

Sinbad the Sailor

Hearts transfer thread and we've got folk slagging off Cammy Devlin's abilities. Maybe these guys need to actually be at the games caller. The guy has continued to improve.

Just now, Chimp said:

It can be repeated, it's just that I'd asked if you had any new news to report on and I pointed it out it wasn't new. Don't know why you're so bothered people were having a debate about the value of  one our or players on a transfer thread. Unlikely everything people post is going to be on new rumours of players coming in as that's almost impossible. As good as that would be

not erched in the slightest, just think there could be be better threads for it !

anyhoo, moving on !  CP just spotted in Stratties !

15 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Squad harmony is important.  I think January is a tricky time to throw all your eggs in one basket hoping a new, young player would be as good as someone experienced in the SPL as Ginnelly.  

If anything, maybe they see him more as competition/replacement for Forrest? Allowing a shuffle of the pack in other positions?  Forrest has scored some nice goals but in recent weeks(inc just before the WC) has shown his game can be limited.  I’m not saying bin the guy but given he’s a new signing, he deserves time. 

Ethan Erhahon to Forest Green is off.

Wonder if he wants to stay north of the Border  ? 

9 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

That's a shame, was hoping he wouldn't play against us next couple of games! 

Naisys Tackle
9 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Squad harmony is important.  I think January is a tricky time to throw all your eggs in one basket hoping a new, young player would be as good as someone experienced in the SPL as Ginnelly.  

If anything, maybe they see him more as competition/replacement for Forrest? Allowing a shuffle of the pack in other positions?  Forrest has scored some nice goals but in recent weeks(inc just before the WC) has shown his game can be limited.  I’m not saying bin the guy but given he’s a new signing, he deserves time. 

Most definately. 

Possibly yeah but Forrest doesn't start that many games and they young boys meant to be a more advanced forward player I think.  He certainly looks exciting but not sure about being able to guarantee the game time Howes quoted as looking for. 

My first impression of Kuol was we should sign him permanently.   Not long after that a lot of big clubs were in for him.    So that was that. 

Getting him on loan sounds good.  We have several players he could learn from as well to improve him. 

Caulker would be great at plugging the gaps in our leaky defence.  :smuggy:

Naisys Tackle
24 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

He was on the bench last night against Arsenal and has played a few games this season but is down the pecking order a little bit. He would benefit with a loan move as well but not sure Newcastle will let him go until they get some bodies in the door. 

He's heavily linked to Carrick at Boro.  Don't think theres any chance of him coming North.

2 minutes ago, DxB Hearts said:

He definitely won’t in the next game (he’s suspended).

Naisys Tackle
13 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Or fancy a L1 relegation battle? 

Kuol would be an interesting one, with Gino now playing as a striker and Humphrys back fit, an additional winger is what we need most.

Oda, Kuol and a short term RCB would be a very good window.

I suspect we'll also quietly be in the market for a RB but only if a very good, long term, one comes available. Surely there's a right footed Cochrane knocking about somewhere!

1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

My first impression of Kuol was we should sign him permanently.   Not long after that a lot of big clubs were in for him.    So that was that. 

Getting him on loan sounds good.  We have several players he could learn from as well to improve him. 

Caulker would be great at plugging the gaps in our leaky defence.  :smuggy:

:isee: Sealing the gaps would work as well.

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Newcastle fans don't seem...impressed. 

Funny lot. 

English football fans really are the most unlikeable sports fans on the planet aren't they. 

5 minutes ago, DxB Hearts said:

Sent off his last game so probably suspended for both games with us.

St Mirren allegedly looking for £350K for him this window as he's out of contract in the summer. I imagine a bidding war is going on with League 1 teams at the moment.

The Hogfather
1 hour ago, Carter said:

I don't rate McKenna in the slightest. But you could also create a reel of Halkett moments from the Levein/Stendel abomination period. 

Aberdeen have achieved good money for a couple of players. Given the shape we're in as a club I wouldn't worry about anyone being sold for peanuts. I'd also very much doubt we've got any Souttar types in the building who would seek to shit on the club. 

You probably could create something similar, but I doubt anyone was touting Halkett for £7m at that point. McKenna was vastly over-rated by many because he scored a raker against Kilmarnock once. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***