*** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***

dazajmbo

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

I think we should be on the looking for another signing like Snodgrass these guys can improve the squad. That's the way to go so Wickham yes he'd be alright, whisper it but I'd take Leigh Griffiths as well if you could get him cheap. That bit of quality we should chase to close the gap. I'm not as in the loop player wise but I think that's where we are 

Who’s your dealer?

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

• Batistuta87

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

To be quite honest I wouldn't accept less than £5 million for Devlin.

That’s enough internet for me today 😕

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

To be quite honest I wouldn't accept less than £5 million for Devlin. Young player he'll get multiple caps for Australia. £2 million is today's football is peanuts 

£5m...

I guess time will tell.

2 hours ago, Homme said:

I'm willing to take a bit of flack for this and by no means is this a suggestion for a signing but Bushiri has something about him and isn't the laughing stock from the end of last season / beginning of this.

That tweet above re the header / nutmeg is an absolute classic though :rofl:

You’re having a laugh absolutely no composure with ball at his feet just kicks ball the way he is facing.

Cameronstheman
18 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

To be quite honest I wouldn't accept less than £5 million for Devlin. Young player he'll get multiple caps for Australia. £2 million is today's football is peanuts 

Serously £5 million for Devlin,, you must be steaming to think we would get even near that and from who ?? go on tell me who would offer that 

21 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Aye, if you include that Messi shirt in the sale!

4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

£5m...

I guess time will tell.

You’d struggle to replace what Devlin gives us for £2m. We’d end up bringing in a couple of free agent punts and the cash will be gone in wages. I’d want double that for him. 

Atkinson? £500k and thanks very much. We’ve had an offer in for him already so he’ll be gone if we are able to replace this month.

rudi must stay
11 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

Serously £5 million for Devlin,, you must be steaming to think we would get even near that and from who ?? go on tell me who would offer that 

A Premiership club why not competitive midfielder will only improve 

13 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

£5m...

I guess time will tell.

when Ferguson and Doig went for over £2m - £3m then I’d be looking for more than that. £5m is a stretch admittedly though.

Cameronstheman
2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I love the Wee Man but he aint going anywhere nowhere near the EPL

Seriously bud, what are you on 

rudi must stay
11 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

I love the Wee Man but he aint going anywhere nowhere near the EPL

Seriously bud, what are you on 

I think if we can keep improving one day you'll see him in the Premiership I really do. Quality player with a great attitude 

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

I think if we can keep improving one day you'll see him in the Premiership I really do. Quality player with a great attitude 

Love him to bits but he won’t get near the EPL. Far too limited a player. 

1 hour ago, AndyNic said:

47 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Ah well, that was an interesting few minutes at least

That article is a couple of weeks old and isn't definitive.

55 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

No one us paying £2m for them.

If anyone bids £2m for them, they'll be off.

We'll sell and replace. 

Not atkinson, but I can assure you £2 million is not an outrageous amount for devlin, i wouldn’t like us to accept an offer anywhere near that figure though. He brings so much to a team even though he’s not the greatest technically. 

Edited by H.M.F.C1874

rudi must stay
22 minutes ago, Snodders said:

Love him to bits but he won’t get near the EPL. Far too limited a player. 

Ok you've seen him more than me probably 

Who is all out of contract for us this summer? I’m sure could see a few renewals as well as new faces. Off the top of my head can think of:

Haring

Snodgrass

Ginelly

Stewart

GMS

Henderson

anyone else?

51 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

You’re on something tonight aren’t you?

28 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

Some Italian mugs with too much money? The laddie Doig went for £3m and he was shite for a shite Hibs team. Aberdeen have made some big sales in the last few years too. 

We’re easily the 3rd best team in the league. Devlin has been the mainstay in our midfield the last two seasons. He’s got European experience and an Australian international. The bidding would start at at least £3m.

heartsfc_fan
3 minutes ago, West Jambo said:

Who is all out of contract for us this summer? I’m sure could see a few renewals as well as new faces. Off the top of my head can think of:

Haring

Snodgrass

Ginelly

Stewart

GMS

Henderson

anyone else?

Michael Smith

2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Ok you've seen him more than me probably 

Clearly have if you think he’s worth £5M.

Off the ball he’s terrific and possibly EPL standard. Reads the game, takes up great positions, tenacious in harrying and tackling.

On the ball he’s miles off EPL standard. Struggles

at times to pick a forward pass, is fairly easily dispossessed and his shooting/crossing/assisting stats in the final third must be pretty terrible. Is much, much slower on the ball then off it too.

Down in the EPL he’d find it difficult to impose his style because every team is packed with physically strong players who are adept at keeping possession while under pressure (like Snodgrass does for us). His diminutive stature would become more of a factor  and he lacks the pace or upper body strength of other short players in the EPL (Mendy, Fraser, Fred, Kante etc)

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, H.M.F.C1874 said:

Not atkinson, but I can assure you £2 million is not an outrageous amount for devlin, i wouldn’t like us to accept an offer anywhere near that figure though. He brings so much to a team even though he’s not the greatest technically. 

Time will tell I guess. 

9 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Some Italian mugs with too much money? The laddie Doig went for £3m and he was shite for a shite Hibs team. Aberdeen have made some big sales in the last few years too. 

We’re easily the 3rd best team in the league. Devlin has been the mainstay in our midfield the last two seasons. He’s got European experience and an Australian international. The bidding would start at at least £3m.

Doig was 19yo and had two full seasons in the SPL under his belt. Lewis Ferguson was 23yo with five full seasons in the SPL under his belt. Bit different from a 24yo who has only played just over a year in the SPL. 

42 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

No danger will he EVER play in the EPL

He’s a terrier but his passing and shooting is awful

Cameronstheman
14 minutes ago, Snodders said:

Clearly have if you think he’s worth £5M.

Off the ball he’s terrific and possibly EPL standard. Reads the game, takes up great positions, tenacious in harrying and tackling.

On the ball he’s miles off EPL standard. Struggles

at times to pick a forward pass, is fairly easily dispossessed and his shooting/crossing/assisting stats in the final third must be pretty terrible. Is much, much slower on the ball then off it too.

Down in the EPL he’d find it difficult to impose his style because every team is packed with physically strong players who are adept at keeping possession while under pressure (like Snodgrass does for us). His diminutive stature would become more of a factor  and he lacks the pace or upper body strength of other short players in the EPL (Mendy, Fraser, Fred, Kante etc)

Admire yer optimism mate  and would love to see it, but lets be realistic 

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Maybe,  but folk had Rowles at £5m a few weeks ago.

I'd be surprised that if any team that can afford £3m would want Devlin as if they are paying that type of money they'll need better.

Mooy was a free transfer just a season ago, he's a level or 2 above Devlin.

If you're at a level we're £3m type players is what you need to compete then Devlin isn't quite there, there are free transfers that are better.

Even at Hearts,  Beni is a better midfielder.  Far more complete and what the better sides would want in a midfielder. 

Devlin is good for us and a good team player, but if clubs bid £3m for him in the next season or 2 I'd be suprised. 

If Beni comes back fit, plays as he did for a season I wouldn't be.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Said it before, Hearts will be the biggest team Devlin plays for. Great guy and great for our current level, but shouts of £5m and the EPL are so ridiculously far off it. 

59 minutes ago, DS98 said:

You’d struggle to replace what Devlin gives us for £2m. We’d end up bringing in a couple of free agent punts and the cash will be gone in wages. I’d want double that for him. 

Atkinson? £500k and thanks very much. We’ve had an offer in for him already so he’ll be gone if we are able to replace this month.

We got Devlin for a lot less than £2m

So that's a reasonable start.

Snodgrass was free. He gives more in midfield.

Beni is twice the player and a complete midfielder. He didn't cost £2m.

Devlin is never a £5m player in a million years. Great work ethic, breaks up play well but any team wanting to spend £5m on a SPL midfielder will want a player who xan do something with the ball and his passing is rotten unless it's a negative, safe,  3 yard pass backwards and even then he screws some of them up as Sibbick will attest.

He's good at what he does but is very much a one trick pony that needs talent round about him to let him do the running and tckling and not much else

12 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Absolutely he has.  Unless we are 100% sure of upgrades, I'd be tying him up for a couple of years personally.  It's funny though, eh, cos we don't know who is lined up!

I’ve been impressed with him

lately. Seems to have a new bit of zip about him. Possibly rid of niggling injuries

16 minutes ago, Snodders said:

Doig was 19yo and had two full seasons in the SPL under his belt. Lewis Ferguson was 23yo with five full seasons in the SPL under his belt. Bit different from a 24yo who has only played just over a year in the SPL. 

You’re missing the point. Doig was and is shite. Proved by the fact he has only played 5 times for the team rock bottom of the league. But Hibs talked him up and demanded the money. Why should we be any different? 

There is no way that under this regime we sell an important player with time on his contract for sweeties. Those days are long gone. 

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Think it’s time for him to go 

Totally agree, legs have gone and always worries me when up against a quick winger

been a great servant but time to let him go.

Some people are living in absolute cloud cuckoo land. Devlin £5 million......:rofl: wtf.

He is a terrific wee player for Hearts level and has been a great find. Infectious enthusiasm, determination, likeable and clearly popular with staff, team mates and supporters alike and brings a much needed energy. His contribution to the opener yesterday was brilliant and there is no doubt he's a starter given our midfield options right now though it will be interesting to see what happens with Beningime back. However he has serious limitations in other areas; keeping possession, creatively, as a goal threat and just in general in respect to the final 3rd. He is a million miles away from getting a game at EPL level. He can definitely improve some aspects of his game as well as continuing to provide the positive things but to say he's worth millions is utterly ridiculous at this point. He continually gave away the ball throughout the game yesterday and several opportunities were blown by him misplacing pretty straightforward passes. 

The problem is when you give a balanced and fair assessment that doesn't meet certain criteria you get called all sorts on here so I look forward to the pile on but some definitely need to take the maroon tinted specs off. 

19 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Maybe,  but folk had Rowles at £5m a few weeks ago.

I'd be surprised that if any team that can afford £3m would want Devlin as if they are paying that type of money they'll need better.

Mooy was a free transfer just a season ago, he's a level or 2 above Devlin.

If you're at a level we're £3m type players is what you need to compete then Devlin isn't quite there, there are free transfers that are better.

Even at Hearts,  Beni is a better midfielder.  Far more complete and what the better sides would want in a midfielder. 

Devlin is good for us and a good team player, but if clubs bid £3m for him in the next season or 2 I'd be suprised. 

If Beni comes back fit, plays as he did for a season I wouldn't be.

In my opinion Rowles is a very different kettle of fish from Devlin and I fully expect us to sell him for several million. He is already showing signs that he will be equipped for England (or a big league) in time. I just hope Celtic, given their Oz connections, aren't a possible destination. He has pace, composure and an ability to be a magnet to crosses into the box, he cleared constantly in that 2nd half yesterday. This guy has huge potential. 

Arthur Morgan
5 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Totally agree, legs have gone and always worries me when up against a quick winger

been a great servant but time to let him go.

He actually played well yesterday until he was taken off, but I agree. I think this should be his last season with us as a player.

Cameronstheman
4 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Some people are living in absolute cloud cuckoo land. Devlin £5 million......:rofl: wtf.

He is a terrific wee player for Hearts level and has been a great find. Infectious enthusiasm, determination, likeable and clearly popular with staff, team mates and supporters alike and brings a much needed energy. His contribution to the opener yesterday was brilliant and there is no doubt he's a starter given our midfield options right now though it will be interesting to see what happens with Beningime back. However he has serious limitations in other areas; keeping possession, creatively, as a goal threat and just in general in respect to the final 3rd. He is a million miles away from getting a game at EPL level. He can definitely improve some aspects of his game as well as continuing to provide the positive things but to say he's worth millions is utterly ridiculous at this point. He continually gave away the ball throughout the game yesterday and several opportunities were blown by him misplacing pretty straightforward passes. 

The problem is when you give a balanced and fair assessment that doesn't meet certain criteria you get called all sorts on here so I look forward to the pile on but some definitely need to take the maroon tinted specs off. 

Great post 

5 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

He actually played well yesterday until he was taken off, but I agree. I think this should be his last season with us as a player.

He done not too bad 

got skinned on a couple of occasions but he’s getting on tbf

5 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

We got Devlin for a lot less than £2m

So that's a reasonable start.

Snodgrass was free. He gives more in midfield.

Beni is twice the player and a complete midfielder. He didn't cost £2m.

Devlin is never a £5m player in a million years. Great work ethic, breaks up play well but any team wanting to spend £5m on a SPL midfielder will want a player who xan do something with the ball and his passing is rotten unless it's a negative, safe,  3 yard pass backwards and even then he screws some of them up as Sibbick will attest.

He's good at what he does but is very much a one trick pony that needs talent round about him to let him do the running and tckling and not much else

Snoddy and Beni are undoubtedly better footballers than Devlin. But completely different players. He can’t do what they do but they can’t do what he does. And I’m not saying anyone will spend big money on him, I’m saying he’s worth more than £2m to us. 

However, one trick pony? If that’s the case I doubt he would’ve been a mainstay in the midfield of our best team in decades. First two goals don’t happen without him. 2nd most assists this season and won a few penalties. 

Dagger Is Back
4 hours ago, Homme said:

I'm willing to take a bit of flack for this and by no means is this a suggestion for a signing but Bushiri has something about him and isn't the laughing stock from the end of last season / beginning of this.

That tweet above re the header / nutmeg is an absolute classic though :rofl:

Oh he has something about him alright. I sincerely hope we’re aiming far higher than that. 

2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Snoddy and Beni are undoubtedly better footballers than Devlin. But completely different players. He can’t do what they do but they can’t do what he does. And I’m not saying anyone will spend big money on him, I’m saying he’s worth more than £2m to us. 

However, one trick pony? If that’s the case I doubt he would’ve been a mainstay in the midfield of our best team in decades. First two goals don’t happen without him. 2nd most assists this season and won a few penalties. 

Is this a typo? 

2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Maybe. Best team in 16 years then.

What points total do you predict by seasons end? Can we beat any of these from the timeline you mentioned. We are currently sitting on 31 at the mid way point.

61 last season

65 in 2015-16

63 in 2010-11

Since the move to 38 games in 2000-01 the high in points totals have been:

74 in 2005-06

68 in 2003-04

63 in 2002-03

These bottom 2, interestingly enough, were the last time we managed consecutive 3rd place finishes. 

We should certainly be aiming to beat the 61 from last season. 

1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

What points total do you predict by seasons end? Can we beat any of these from the timeline you mentioned. We are currently sitting on 31 at the mid way point.

61 last season

65 in 2015-16

63 in 2010-11

Since the move to 38 games in 2000-01 the high in points totals have been:

74 in 2005-06

68 in 2003-04

63 in 2002-03

These bottom 2, interestingly enough, were the last time we managed consecutive 3rd place finishes. 

We should certainly be aiming to beat the 61 from last season. 

To be honest I couldn’t care less about points totals. Just one more than the team in 4th will do this season. Next year (hopefully minus the ridiculous injury list) can be the time when we start to look at totals and edge closer to the OF. 

The split always gives a skewed representation of points imo. Last season for instance we would’ve took more than 4/15 if we didn’t have one eye on the cup final.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***