*** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***

dazajmbo

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Judging by the way he played today it must be a serious injury he is carrying. 

What a load of shite, asked to play on the opposite side, after 10 or 15 minutes to adjust he was carrying the ball out of defence well. 

New boo boy for bafoons it appears 

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

• Batistuta87

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

What a load of shite, asked to play on the opposite side, after 10 or 15 minutes to adjust he was carrying the ball out of defence well. 

New boo boy for bafoons it appears 

He was dreadful full stop. Lost his man several times in the space of 15 minutes. The guy has no positional sense whatsoever. He made a 35+ year old look like a world beater. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He was dreadful full stop. Lost his man several times in the space of 15 minutes. The guy has no positional sense whatsoever. He made a 35+ year old look like a world beater. 

Age is a poor thing to reference. 

Snodgrass is a good player and he's 35.

Further afield, how old is Messi?

Poor line of argument tbh.

34 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Age is a poor thing to reference. 

Snodgrass is a good player and he's 35.

Further afield, how old is Messi?

Poor line of argument tbh.

Ok, a 35+ year old who hasn’t been fully fit for 9 months and has played virtually no football in that time - is that better. 

16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Ok, a 35+ year old who hasn’t been fully fit for 9 months and has played virtually no football in that time - is that better. 

not much

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

I agree he had no positional sense. But that’s because he was a right back playing left back. Might as well had Shankland play there, he’d look terrible too. Hardly the player’s fault is it. Not one solitary person should expect any player to play well when taken out of their natural position.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Graham Thomson

Anyone wondering why Atkinson looked lost when he came on imagine Shankland at centre half, maybe Devlin up front.

The point is the lad was hung out to dry coming on as a sub on the left instead of the right, also Forrest is  a winger not a wing back, play players in correct positions you can't make a player fit a system if it's beyond what he can do, some games you will get away with it but others you won't. 

Cameronstheman
10 minutes ago, Graham Thomson said:

Anyone wondering why Atkinson looked lost when he came on imagine Shankland at centre half, maybe Devlin up front.

The point is the lad was hung out to dry coming on as a sub on the left instead of the right, also Forrest is  a winger not a wing back, play players in correct positions you can't make a player fit a system if it's beyond what he can do, some games you will get away with it but others you won't. 

Aye,, we won 3-0 FTH

Is Cadden someone we could pinch? No idea on his contract but he's always one of the better players in green and would definitely give Smith/Atkinson a run for their money. Surely has no allegiances to his current employers either. Van Veen another that looks quite good, scoring a pretty reasonable number of goals considering who he plays for. 

lost in space
7 minutes ago, 7PNJ4 said:

Is Cadden someone we could pinch? No idea on his contract but he's always one of the better players in green and would definitely give Smith/Atkinson a run for their money. Surely has no allegiances to his current employers either. Van Veen another that looks quite good, scoring a pretty reasonable number of goals considering who he plays for. 

WhattsApped a hobo before the game and said Cadden was the only player of theirs that I was concerned about.

He said the MacKay would keep him busy and that he probably wouldnt impact.

Cadden was lucky not to see red before HT.

Having said that, think Cadden is good as a WB.

Absolute Scenes

Chris Cadden is utterly hopeless. Playing for a dreadful Hibs team and at fault for a lot of Hibs goals. I’d rather have Forrest than Cadden at wing back

1 minute ago, lost in space said:

WhattsApped a hobo before the game and said Cadden was the only player of theirs that I was concerned about.

He said the MacKay would keep him busy and that he probably wouldnt impact.

Cadden was lucky not to see red before HT.

Having said that, think Cadden is good as a WB.

Yeah on another day he could have gone but Clancy didn't have the stones to send him off. Alongside Youan, he was their best attacking threat and had some good runs/shots. Looks better than most in their squad.

3 hours ago, Gorgierools said:

He was playing in completely the wrong position.  Give the lad a break.

100% This…way too much criticism for Atkinson.

31 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I agree he had no positional sense. But that’s because he was a right back playing left back. Might as well had Shankland play there, he’d look terrible too. Hardly the player’s fault is it. Not one solitary person should expect any player to play well when taken out of their natural position.

Should have brought Neilson on and shifted Cochrane out there.

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Cochrane should have definitely went out left, personally I would’ve brought Kiomourtzoglou on instead of Forrest and switched to a back 4 and have another body in midfield to combat Hibs possession (Newell seemed to have ages on the ball each time), but I understand the want to keep the formation that had us 2-0 up. So yes, in that instance I would’ve brought Neilson on. But Cochrane out left either way was a must. Did anyone genuinely think Atkinson would do well? Juranovic was crap for Celtic today when he was on the left from what I saw, and he’s been touted to play for big clubs. Not every full/wing back is a Cancelo or Azpilicueta who can play either side, they’re extremely rare in football.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Honestly buddy give up football is not for you, at least not commenting on it.

Enjoy the win and try to learn more about the game 

9 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

In fairness, Atkinson wasn't very good today. 

Both Leicester and Blackburn fans unhappy with George Hirst, wonder if Leicester will recall him and sell to hearts. A small fee could cover it, he scored 2 against hearts in Spain recently 

An option to Calum Paterson, and can score for fun when in form, European football may be a draw to resurrect his career 

BackOfTheNet

Not sure what this Instagram link says (I don’t have it), anyone care to translate? Likely just a new year message or something, but you never know.

Honestly think we put Atkinson on the left because we did not want him up against Youan. What has happened to Neilson. Right out of the picture currently.  As others have said we could have brought on Neilson and shuffled everyone over one place to the left. 

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Not sure what this Instagram link says (I don’t have it), anyone care to translate? Likely just a new year message or something, but you never know.

Japanese for “FTH”.

Hibs main threat came down the wings once Smith and Halliday were forced off. They capitalised on our lack of options available. Atkinson was poor and they targeted him. 

Fortunately we have Kingsley to come back on that side.

Right wing back absolutely must be strengthened. The lad Zeefuik (Genaro's brother) was mentioned. Looked not a bad option. 

I do have a lot of confidence somebody decent will be brought in although if they had CP earmarked for that position it may require a rethink. He seems back in favour at Wednesday.

5 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

He's asking if the Gorgie Fish Bar does Sushi.

Could be a sign he's on his way..

jamboinglasgow
6 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Yeah it was a new year message. Says "2023, growing up." Though to be fair a lot of messages in the comments wish him luck moving to Hearts. 

6 hours ago, hisnameis said:

Honestly think we put Atkinson on the left because we did not want him up against Youan. What has happened to Neilson. Right out of the picture currently.  As others have said we could have brought on Neilson and shuffled everyone over one place to the left. 

Think we're just protecting Neilson.  He looks like a very exciting prospect, he's had decent exposure but perhaps too much at this stage due to circumstances and started to crack a little (understandably).  I wasn't surprised he didn't come on (but we do need to fill the bench and having him around 1st team squad all good for him)

As for Natty, I like the guy, huge upside.  I'm just not sure he's tough enough and you need to be tough.  Cadden's chance where he curled it just wide with his left foot, he wrestled past Natty, who then stayed on the floor instead of popping back up and bolting after him (think Toby, think Cam).  I think (and believe actually) the coaches feel similarly.  Not weighing in on the lad, and now I've typed I'm close to deleting as I really do like him but then it's a fans forum for this sort of thing I guess.

I hope he gets there, as he's very obviously a good player, you never know, he just might.  He's still never had a 10 game run which could be what it takes for him to build up the mental strength.  But I'd think with Smith, Forrest and an open window, that feels unlikely doesn't it (albeit we'll see the extent of Smudge's injury from yesterday).

I haven't seen a defender get out muscled and robbed of the ball as much as Atkinson does. Always looks like the weakest player physically on the park.

Might be a good player in there somewhere but not what we need in our league.

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Nah.

Aki himself has not played much and carried a niggle for months.

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I haven't seen a defender get out muscled and robbed of the ball as much as Atkinson does. Always looks like the weakest player physically on the park.

Might be a good player in there somewhere but not what we need in our league.

This is fair tbh.

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Ari Gold said:

In fairness, Atkinson wasn't very good today. 

He made a 20 min cameo on his wrong side after hardly playing.

Folk judging him on that are more clueless than they are letting on.

7 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

He made a 20 min cameo on his wrong side after hardly playing.

Folk judging him on that are more clueless than they are letting on.

Debatable as to the clueless one.  Anyone who has watched him over the last year knows that whilst he has good moments, particularly going forward, defensively and positionally he is very poor. He might be right winger but certainly not a right back or even right wing back for me. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Debatable as to the clueless one.  Anyone who has watched him over the last year knows that whilst he has good moments, particularly going forward, defensively and positionally he is very poor. He might be right winger but certainly not a right back or even right wing back for me. 

I'd agree with that in general but ripping him for his cameo yesterday is just shite patter.

Highlighting a players age to emphasis a point when we have Snodgrass also seems a bit daft imo. 

With news that Halkett is out for season, it makes sense to buy an experienced CH. it doesn’t have to mean we drop Sibbick we just keep Robbie’s favoured 3 at the back with Sibbick right and Rowles left the new CH in middle. It leaves us with the great problem of having Kingsley and Cochrane battling for LWB place. 

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I'd agree with that in general but ripping him for his cameo yesterday is just shite patter.

Highlighting a players age to emphasis a point when we have Snodgrass also seems a bit daft imo. 

Not really, I’d be disappointed if I was a Hibs fan and my midfield players allowed a 35 year old to dominate the way Snodgrass did yesterday. They stood off him for 45 minutes and gave him an easy passage which meant he comfortably lasted 104 minutes. It was McGeady yesterday not M’Bappe 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Not really, I’d be disappointed if I was a Hibs fan and my midfield players allowed a 35 year old to dominate the way Snodgrass did yesterday. They stood off him for 45 minutes and gave him an easy passage which meant he comfortably lasted 104 minutes. It was McGeady yesterday not M’Bappe 

I don’t think they actually did stand off him. Good players find space, move into areas and blind spots they find it hard to close down.  As Lee Johnson said his players didn’t have the IQ 

3 hours ago, stuart500 said:

Hibs main threat came down the wings once Smith and Halliday were forced off. They capitalised on our lack of options available. Atkinson was poor and they targeted him. 

Fortunately we have Kingsley to come back on that side.

Right wing back absolutely must be strengthened. The lad Zeefuik (Genaro's brother) was mentioned. Looked not a bad option. 

I do have a lot of confidence somebody decent will be brought in although if they had CP earmarked for that position it may require a rethink. He seems back in favour at Wednesday.

I think CP will be our right sided AH and play where and when needed. Zeefuick is really interesting however i feel a bit out of our league tbh. Appear there is huge interest from clubs in the Eredivise to take him back as he is still highly regarded. Would love it if we did though and hopefully his big brother gets him telt 

10 hours ago, Sooks said:

I really hope what Atkinson dumps @soonbe110s ex-wife ; she goes back to him……………. Its painful for every one now 

😂😂😂shame when people disagree with your opinion isn’t it. 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

I don’t think they actually did stand off him. Good players find space, move into areas and blind spots they find it hard to close down.  As Lee Johnson said his players didn’t have the IQ 

Fair enough but I think they did. He had acres of space first half but a lot less second half. Magennis was pretty tight on him in second half. 

RustyRightPeg

CB is definitely on the list now. 

I don’t know for certain but I suspect if the Halkett injury doesn’t occur Neilson would’ve gone out on loan for games. Still might happen if we can get an ample replacement in mind you. 

Oda, 1 centre back and a complete surprise would do me. 

RustyRightPeg
8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Yeah if you watch the Sportscene highlights there’s a wee clip of Snodgrass operating - hibs werent trying to stand off him although it looks like it. McKirdy is trying to mark him and he has him in a spin cycle trying to find him. 

9 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Open your eyes to reality 

Bungalow Bill
10 hours ago, Graham Thomson said:

A CF playing CH is completely different to a full back switching sides. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

You can be a good player and be 35 years old.

I'd just be disappointed that we allowed Snodgrass so much space, him being  35 is irrelevant. 

Placing any emphasis on his age is just strange imo.

If Snodgrass was 25 and played just as well v us would you not be as disappointed , or would you mention his age.

What about 30, 33?

At what age is it relevant to a players performance?

9 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Ye thought this too

Soooo any updates??

Y.Oda seems to be just waiting on the home office stamps.

Apart from that it's all quiet? 

C'mon, must be some rumblings...

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You can be a good player and be 35 years old.

I'd just be disappointed that we allowed Snodgrass so much space, him being  35 is irrelevant. 

Placing any emphasis on his age is just strange imo.

If Snodgrass was 25 and played just as well v us would you not be as disappointed , or would you mention his age.

What about 30, 33?

At what age is it relevant to a players performance?

There is a pretty simple reason why there’s so few guys playing top level football after the age of 32-33. I think we will all be really disappointed if we sign a 35 year old centre back to replace Halkett. Anyway it’s not important enough to continually debate. This thread is now about who is coming in and maybe who is going out. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***