***Official Celtic v Heart of Midlothian match thread***

Geoff Kilpatrick

34 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I think we’ll get beat today, convincingly.

And I’ll probably steer clear of this thread to avoid all the weirdos who think we’re 2008-12 Barcelona and that you can win literally every single game if you “just have a go!”

That Celtic squad is worth about £100 million ffs…

Never forget. When we played Liverpool at Anfield their squad at that time was quoted as being £100M (which at that time was absolutely massive - now dwarfed thanks to Sky).

On the way up the road to a local boozer with Liverpool fans I took delight with informimg them that our scorer, Templeton, was our (at that time) top paid-for signing at £30K from Stenhousemuir. The Liverpool fella was non-plussed!

So, you never know ...

As for when we scudded the Celtic so-called 'Invincibles' 4-0 at Tynie? Unforgettable, and it never ceases to amaze me when I look at our line-up for that match. We were, on paper, on a hiding to nothing.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• neilnunb

• Fozzyonthefence

Finlay James
8 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

So when we lose it’s the players that lose but when we win it’s Neilson that wins - am I doing this right?!  If only some on here backed the players as much as they back the manager.

I back the current players 100%, they certainly wouldn’t lose to Brora.  The players and team culture he inherited back then was a joke and he has changed that.

AC Mallin_51

Don’t think you can blame Neilson, the players or anyone in particular for our poor record in Glasgow against the gruesome twosome. No wins at Parkhead since 2009…

plenty managers and players been and gone since then. Quite bad to think our last win through there against either was Robbie’s first competitive game in charge. Think the main problem is most our fans, the media, more or less everyone expects to take nothing from them through there. The negative mentality is installed right away before a ball is kicked 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Don’t think you can blame Neilson, the players or anyone in particular for our poor record in Glasgow against the gruesome twosome. No wins at Parkhead since 2009…

plenty managers and players been and gone since then. Quite bad to think our last win through there against either was Robbie’s first competitive game in charge. Think the main problem is most our fans, the media, more or less everyone expects to take nothing from them through there. The negative mentality is installed right away before a ball is kicked 

The main problem is their better players, often far better players. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Geoff Kilpatrick
20 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Sorry to piss on your parade but it was the players who lost the match, Neilson wasn’t on the pitch.  Also, it was a freak result at a time we were at the beginning of a major rebuild.

Neilson has completely changed the personnel and culture of the club and we are only going to go from strength to strength with him as head coach.  He has more that rebuilt his credit with the support.

Stop making excuses. Managers are accountable and rightly so. The point is that was his nadir and he was lucky to survive. That he has managed to do that and surpass expectations deserves praise. All I was pointing out to the poster was why Neilson isn't widely lauded by our support.

3 minutes ago, FFSJohn said:

Predicting 4-1 Celtic 

Are their big screens operational? 😉

Edited by Wee Mikey

Bazzas right boot

The rabids are really struggling today. 

-Bringing out the Brora result. 

They need some original material and if we get beat today will Likley be all over this place with their slavers and nonesense. 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Stop making excuses. Managers are accountable and rightly so. The point is that was his nadir and he was lucky to survive. That he has managed to do that and surpass expectations deserves praise. All I was pointing out to the poster was why Neilson isn't widely lauded by our support.

He is widely lauded by most of our support. 

A small vocal gang never liked him before that result so that couldn't be the reason why they still don't like him. 

Very few folk mention the Brora result. 

You won't hear about it on match days only on here as certain types of posters like to bring it up. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

9 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

I back the current players 100%, they certainly wouldn’t lose to Brora.  The players and team culture he inherited back then was a joke and he has changed that.

The Auchinleck game proved your point, was on TV for a reason after the Brora result. The team went out and did a throughly professional job on them.

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The main problem is there better players, often far better players. 

No it is NOT!!!

We simply have to believe, go for it, get in their faces, start on the front foot, Geggenpress like MAD, and all will be hunky-dory.

Honestly, BRB ... get with the script! 😉

33 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Especially for you, Morgan:-

Ps ... I once woke up on the morning of a big game having dreamed of me being picked for the team and scoring a penalty ... so much so that I almost injured myself lashing out under the duvet.

We lost that day. 😁

Heard the time about Harry Redknapp subbing on a mouthy West ham fan during pre season and the boy scored 😂👏

4 hours ago, WaikatoJambo said:

There are people who won't move on from giving up a 2-0 lead over Hibs in the cup and people who won't move on from the Brora result.  Personally I think he has done better than expected, bar a few embarassments and is a big improvement on The Ian Cathro Experiment and Levein Mark II. Nobody is perfect. 

Nobody can, or would I'd hope, argue he isn't an improvement on the two you mentioned  

That doesn't make him perfect or untouchable. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

No it is NOT!!!

We simply have to believe, go for it, get in their faces, start on the front foot, Geggenpress like MAD, and all will be hunky-dory.

Honestly, BRB ... get with the script! 😉

Hopefully they are all holding hands, eyes shut in a big circle now and believing really hard in preperation. 

Celtic won't know what's hit them. 

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

He is widely lauded by most of our support. 

A small vocal gang never liked him before that result so that couldn't be the reason why they still don't like him. 

Very few folk mention the Brora result. 

You won't here about it on match days only on here as certain types of posters like to bring it up. 

I remember the good old days when you could criticise a player or a manager for a decision but praise them for others, and it didn’t mean you loved or hated them. Here’s an example the Hibs game I thought Neilsons team selection was spot on and everything was going to plan, but I think he should’ve brought Gino on to give us an out ball…. Fair and balanced 🤷‍♂️ Don’t understand why people need to be so polarised with their opinions these days.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Heard the time about Harry Redknapp subbing on a mouthy West ham fan during pre season and the boy scored 😂👏

🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

That 👆 is a classic. 🤣🤣🤣

We don't turn up against Sellic in Glesga. Today will be the same, because we don't have the players to ruffle their feathers, and get in their faces.

No idea what line up Robbie will go for but I suspect some major tinkering. 

Pure guess at,

Forrest Boyce Ginnelly 

Grant Haring Devlin 

Cochrane Rowles Kingsley M.Smith 

Gordon

Shooter McGavin
3 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

We don't turn up against Sellic in Glesga. Today will be the same, because we don't have the players to ruffle their feathers, and get in their faces.

They have a £100 million squad, and a wage budget that is about 10x more than ours…

I think it’s a wee bit more complicated than just ruffling a few feathers and getting in their faces

Edited by Shooter McGavin

1 hour ago, leginten said:

Agree with this. Strong team today and let Thursday take care of itself. I suspect they’ll have too much for us, but like it or not a lot of our bigger players are going to have to get used to playing twice a week.

Correct, the only players that should be left out are those with injuries/niggles. We might not be ready ( yet ) to fight on two fronts but we’ve got a lot of this coming over the next couple of months so we best get used to it. 

ScandinavianJambo
54 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

So when we lose it’s the players that lose but when we win it’s Neilson that wins - am I doing this right?!  If only some on here backed the players as much as they back the manager.

Seriously are we still doing this. This Nielson's sh*** obsession is a bit tedious at this stage... 

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Seriously are we still doing this. This Nielson's sh*** obsession is a bit tedious at this stage... 

You should maybe check the post I was replying to for a bit of context. 

AC Mallin_51
41 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The main problem is their better players, often far better players. 

Well absolutely that’s the main problem just addressing how I see a lot that it’s the manager’s fault or certain players’ fault for the way they set up on Glasgow. Just saying it’s nothing new, it’s been like that as long as I can remember

35 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

He did score but it was offside the boy was devastated 😂

Let's get just through this one without any injuries and avoid a severe doing.

Celtic have looked very good so far and miles ahead of anyone in the league. I don't see us doing much today. 

The big problem today is the defence. Without Halkett it’s nowhere near good enough I’m afraid. We desperately need to strengthen this area.  I’m amazed it hasn’t been tbh.

Every Premiership club in Scotland (bar the Hun) should only play their youth team at Celtic Park and Ibrox. Maybe even in home ties against them too. Use it as a form of protest against the bias and gross mismanagement of the league. Their players and fans would soon tire of absolute non contests every week and most teams pick up very little against them anyway.

As for today's result, I think it will be a multi goal loss, probably 4-0. I rarely miss a game at Parkhead but the cost, travel and inevitable outcome have defeated me. 

We will lose by at least four today. Celtic will smell blood with rangers dropping points and I expect us to have an eye on Thursday. Probably the best time for us to play Celtic fixture wise as normally you go there expecting to lose so it's effectively a free hit in my eyes. It's all about Thursday for me.

Normally don't condone us sitting in when through in Glasgow. But just park the bus and conserve energy. 

Absolute Scenes
17 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Let's get just through this one without any injuries and avoid a severe doing.

Celtic have looked very good so far and miles ahead of anyone in the league. I don't see us doing much today. 

I will take a doing to avoid injuries to key players. Really hope people don’t lose the plot over the score today. It’s good to get this one out the way early doors 

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

They have a £100 million squad, and a wage budget that is about 10x more than ours…

I think it’s a wee bit more complicated than just ruffling a few feathers and getting in their faces

Winning individual battles is always important. Our keeper having the game of his life is another key thing.

Matching our opponents effort and energy levels is something we frequently fail to do in glasgow,and thats what gets me,although not having the ball for 70 minutes does that to a team.

Heart always says some sort of result!!

Head says 3 goal headstart and we still wont win.

Jambof3tornado
22 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I will take a doing to avoid injuries to key players. Really hope people don’t lose the plot over the score today. It’s good to get this one out the way early doors 

Our season is never defined on results away against the old firm.

Get in played and move on. More important games to come.

2 hours ago, The Black Prince said:

I have twice pulled a quad muscle shooting at goal in my sleep. 

Budge or Robbie oot ,sick of all the injuries here 

Jack Torrance
8 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Our season is never defined on results away against the old firm.

Get in played and move on. More important games to come.

There is no old firm. Half of it died a slow painful death,  abandoned by their peepil.

Just now, jock _turd said:

Hard to see us winning but I still have hope ... I would take a draw right now.

I think we'd all bite the hand off if it was offered.

6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Between the fans who would prefer going to the Conference League ahead of the Europa and the ones who say we should just send out of a shadow side today and all they're looking for is a respectable defeat, it's all a wee bit shitebaggy.

I always believe you should always play the strongest XI possible every game

playing experimental or weakened teams is only ever going to end badly

Plenty of time to rest players at the end of the season 

weegie jambo
16 minutes ago, DB-14 said:

I see no Stone, Pollock or Conor Smith in the Hearts B team suggests they may well be part of the squad today.

I'd have Conor Smith in the midfield today. He's got a bit of dig about him and plenty of experience from his loans. Looked good pre season, give him a chance. I'd play all the fringe players TBH, maybe start with Thursday's defence but sub on the more fringe players later. A front 3 of GMS, Henderson and Gino and get in their faces.