• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• neilnunb

• Fozzyonthefence

4 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I can understand the view that it is worth to some extent sacrificing the Celtic game because there is more at stake on Thursday. But I hope this attitude does not prevail for other games while we are in Europe.

It is noticeable that participation in Europe especially when  extended over a few games is usually accompanied by a slump in the league. Our first relegation was in the Lokomotiv Leipzig season. We slipped from second the previous season to 6th in the Bayern Munich season. Aside from players carrying an injury we should play a full strength side. A better result than usual at Parkhead would be a boost for Thursday, a thrashing a downer.

(In any event how much is really at stake on Thursday? Europa League vs Europa Conference.)

Yep, much more important that we do well in league this year and guarantee group stage football for 23/24 than getting to ko stages of this years uefa tournament. 

Ford Prentice
12 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

Any live stream of game today?

Almost certain to be on hesgoal. Someone (thanks in advance) will probably post a link just before kick off.

34 minutes ago, DB-14 said:

I see no Stone, Pollock or Conor Smith in the Hearts B team suggests they may well be part of the squad today.

Believe they are along with another couple travelling. 

35 minutes ago, DB-14 said:

I see no Stone, Pollock or Conor Smith in the Hearts B team suggests they may well be part of the squad today.

Pollock on bench, Smith may be starting. 

mickycameron98

Mind about once a season Celtic would lose at home to Dunfermline or Motherwell or the likes. 

Think those days are over for now. Getting a draw even seems a huge task at Darkheid.

It's a Celtic team that under Ange play some terrific football.

We cannot play a weak team.

If we get through on Thursday or even if we don't we will come up against teams better or as strong as Celtic.

We have to measure ourselves against every top team and especially Celtic imo.

Rest only injury worries .

Strongest team please Neilson.

And leave some sort of outlet while defending corners etc.

We do have the players for that .

Dick Dastardly
10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t think Shankland will be involved 

Why not?  Did he get a knock on Thursday? 

Dick Dastardly
33 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Between the fans who would prefer going to the Conference League ahead of the Europa and the ones who say we should just send out of a shadow side today and all they're looking for is a respectable defeat, it's all a wee bit shitebaggy.

💯 %

Dick Dastardly
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t know, just heard he is not involved. 

Not even on the bench?  Is the source someone at the club or what?  

17 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Pollock on bench, Smith may be starting. 

I hope Stewart is not in goals otherwise it could be a cricket score.

I won’t be able to watch today as I’m elsewhere but I’ve seen the film before I reckon

We’ll be cautious. Hope they don’t score early and, if they do just try not to get embarrassed 

TBH I thought this when we scudded them 4-0 so I ken f all 😀

18 hours ago, Rods said:

Smith, Kingsley, McKay and Shankland rested would make me happy. 

You will get your wish.

11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t know, just heard he is not involved. 

Maybe just rotation? Give Boyce a run out for 60-70 minutes?

Don't think we can go to Celtic park with a B team because the pumping would hurt the team more than a regular defeat would. I think Utd are still reeling from the 7-0 pumping they took and Jack Ross still hasn't managed to sort their heads IMO. Can't afford a similar problem going into the Zurich game next week. 

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Maybe just rotation? Give Boyce a run out for 60-70 minutes?

Don't think we can go to Celtic park with a B team because the pumping would hurt the team more than a regular defeat would. I think Utd are still reeling from the 7-0 pumping they took and Jack Ross still hasn't managed to sort their heads IMO. Can't afford a similar problem going into the Zurich game next week. 

I agree but unfortunately think this is what will happen.

David McCaig

Anyone else worried that Harry Stone isn't involved with B Team?

Hopefully not on the bench with Stewart starting at Parkhead.

NB: no insider knowledge other than a completely rational fear of Ross Stewart...lol 

maroonlegions

Would love a 95th winner or equaliser. 

Just get a better DVD out that Hibs.

Heard that Hibs have said that  new DVD , "The Nine Man 2-2 Win" is selling more than expected and Ron is pocketting it. 

I think our only chance is to have a go and not park the bench. 

If that fails then we can always kick their heids in ..

:flag1::Stupid_Heads_by_Vir

maroonlegions
12 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I won’t be able to watch today as I’m elsewhere but I’ve seen the film before I reckon

We’ll be cautious. Hope they don’t score early and, if they do just try not to get embarrassed 

TBH I thought this when we scudded them 4-0 so I ken f all 😀

I was at that game in section N what a day.  

I was the same though, parked my ass in my seat and waited on Celtic taking over.

Silvery_Moon

Can't see anything other than a comprehensive defeat today sadly. If that's me being a 'shitebag' then so be it.

No-one will be happier than me to be proved wrong though.

Unfortunately I think we will do our usual arse collapse through there and prob lose 4-0 

Could be a long day If we concede early.

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Can't see anything other than a comprehensive defeat today sadly. If that's me being a 'shitebag' then so be it.

No-one will be happier than me to be proved wrong though.

Yip me tae.

The games i have seen them they have been clinical , they are a very well drilled and solid unit when they click.. 

But lets hope for a off day. 

:flag1:

If we where playing st Johnstone today we’d have a full team out. If we go weak we are basically giving in as it’s one of the auld firm we are playing. How can you ever expect to compete with them
If that’s your mentality? 

I think the current goalkeeping order is Gordon, Stone, Stewart.

Stewart takes the place on the bench so Stone can get game time playing with the B team.

If Stone is in the squad today, it may be because any of the other two are injured, or because he's getting a start. I can't see there being much benefit for him missing a B team game to sit on the bench.

Similarly, if Gordon is being rested, I can't see why he can't still take a spot on the bench.

21 minutes ago, adayinmay said:

You will get your wish.

That’s a lot of ****ing bollocks. If this is the case, we’d be as well not turning up. 

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, number-16 said:

I think the current goalkeeping order is Gordon, Stone, Stewart.

Stewart takes the place on the bench so Stone can get game time playing with the B team.

If Stone is in the squad today, it may be because any of the other two are injured, or because he's getting a start. I can't see there being much benefit for him missing a B team game to sit on the bench.

Similarly, if Gordon is being rested, I can't see why he can't still take a spot on the bench.

Why would a goalkeeper need resting? He is not that old!

Silvery_Moon
4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Predicting a Hearts defeat at Parkhead isn't being a shitebag.

The way some fans talk about being happy with a narrow defeat is. As is the Conference League > Europa League chat.

Absolutely. 1-0 or 10-0 gets us no points and both put me in a bad mood.

Definitely must take the chance we have and get to the Europa League.

Just now, David McCaig said:

That works for me

It's fine by me but truth be told, with the importance of Thursday so firmly in mind I wouldn't be bothered if Neilson did this....

Screenshot_20220821-134123_Samsung Internet.jpg

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

That was more meant in reference to others suggesting it.

I don't see Craig slowing down any time soon.

4 or 5 nil for me today, hope it isn't more. The gulf between the teams is ridiculous, almost like we are a division or two below them. A reality check is needed by Robbie and Joe unfortunately, and we need better quality than we currently have, or the gulf will remain the same.

Really disappointed with this window so far, I was hoping for a bit more. Hoping for a nice surprise or 4 in the next 11 days.

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, innerjambo said:

4 or 5 nil for me today, hope it isn't more. The gulf between the teams is ridiculous, almost like we are a division or two below them. A reality check is needed by Robbie and Joe unfortunately, and we need better quality than we currently have, or the gulf will remain the same.

Really disappointed with this window so far, I was hoping for a bit more. Hoping for a nice surprise or 4 in the next 11 days.

We are all disappointed you are still posting. What a slaver

3 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

We won’t competing with Celtic . They are miles ahead of us. We don’t have the budget to compete 

11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Resting isn't always a physical thing, maybe the thinking is that shipping half a dozen goals wouldn't be good for his confidence going in to Thursday's game.