***Official Celtic v Heart of Midlothian match thread***

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick

Meh. Important thing is protecting our potential matchwinners for the 2nd leg.

Gordon - Smith, Neilson, Rowles, Kingsley - Ginnelly, Sibbick, Grant, Haring, Cochrane - Boyce

3-0 defeat

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• neilnunb

• Fozzyonthefence

An absolute pumping. 

Won't even check the score*. 

*After the first goal goes in at 1502

We’ll go to Celtic park and shit the bed like we always do.  Also the players will be knackered after playing on that heavy pitch

Don’t even want to think about it. We need to rest some players for Thursday so I’m not hopeful. It’s without doubt the hardest game we will get in the league, so meh. 
I’d genuinely be stunned if any team (rangers apart) takes anything there. 
terrible to say but probably a 3 or 4-0

Celtic are on a different level this season, their forwards are rapid and technically excellent. If we keep it at a 2-0 loss we've probably played quite well. 

Remnants of Standards

Yeah why not let's wave the white flag. Getting increasingly irritated at this attitude going through there. 

Right now we're two points off them. If we're ever to move up a level our mentality has to shift at some point. 

Yes, our record is awful there but so are most others. Ok, we're sandwiched between 2 very important games but i would stick out our first team with the best chance of getting a result, or at very least putting in a solid performance. That in turn will lead to increased confidence for Thursday. 

You have to be concerned. Celtic are a much better team than Zurich and much better going forward in terms of movement, pace and overall ability. We looked very dodgy at the back tonight and you would think a similar performance we are looking at a heavy defeat

we need to find a system away from home when we are underdogs. We look more comfortable with 4 at the back so I’d stick to that. We always get over ran in the middle of the park so I’d like us to play 3 in there. So I’d like to us to try a 4-5-1, could also be a 4-2-3-1 but we need three in the middle of the park so I’d like us to change shape slightly with maybe Haring sitting and Devlin and McKay in front. I know we have a big game on Thursday but if we were to have any chance for a result I’d go for 

gordon

smith

rowles

kingsley

cochrane

Forrest

Devlin

Haring

Mckay

Ginnelly 

Shankland

forrest and Ginnelly to give us pace going forward but need to help out defensively as well. McKay to help Haring and Devlin in the middle, not his natural position but he can still push forward, just needs to maybe start from a deeper position. He is also our best player, so hopefully he can get on the ball more rather than being stuck out in a wide position. 

Almost feel like i don't want anything to do with this fixture.  Want everyone raring to go on Thursday and just want this to be over.  Would take a 1-0 defeat and i never feel like that.  I just think they could absolutely slaughter us.  I live in hope though

Has to be a game where we rotate.

I'd start:

Gordon

Smith Neilson Kingsley Cochrane

Forrest Halliday Haring Ginnelly

Boyce

Henderson

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Play GMS and Gino up top maybe hendo and pump balls over scum defence. Mibbe give pollock a run 

Not sure about pollock but decent shout up front 👍

Midloth_Iain

25 million v approx 0.75 million.

One team playing a tough Euro tie, other given a rest.

4-0 unfortunately.

Gordon

Smith, Neilson, Rowles, Kingsley

Devlin, Halliday

Grant

Forrest, Ginnelly

Boyce

Rocky jamboa

We'll get beaten easy anyway so makes sense to give our key players a rest for this one and keep them fresh for Zurich. 

I'd be keeping smith, Kingsley, devlin, mckay and shankland out the team.

Play something like:-

Gordon

Atkinson   neilson   rowles  halliday

Ginelly    sibbick    grant    gms

Pollock

Henderson 

Honking team but next Thursday is a MASSIVE game for us.

If we ever want to be challenging for league titles we have to get the mindset of winning on Sunday and Thursday and every game   never ever cross that white line thinking about anything rather than a victory EVER. 

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Meh. Important thing is protecting our potential matchwinners for the 2nd leg.

Gordon - Smith, Neilson, Rowles, Kingsley - Ginnelly, Sibbick, Grant, Haring, Cochrane - Boyce

3-0 defeat

I would protect Gordon and probably Kingsley and Rowles for Thu

5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Definitely a rotation game. No risks for next week 

That’s the challenge for the next two months or so. Big games very Thursday and Sunday so no chance to cotton wool players.  Determining priority will be key.  For me league games are more important than European games this season. 

lost in space

We will lose. I expect that - BUT I would like us to at least TRY to win from the start.

Press their players all over the pitch and take a chance.

We won't though.

Another gutless performance expected.

Churchill Barrier
1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

An absolute pumping. 

Won't even check the score*. 

*After the first goal goes in at 1502

3 -0 half time.  Fourth in last 5. Robbie will claim we were matching them till first goal.

pettigrewsstylist

Play GMS and Gino up top maybe hendo and pump balls over scum defence. Mibbe give pollock a run 

Good shout and decent game time for them.

7 minutes ago, andi17 said:

If we ever want to be challenging for league titles we have to get the mindset of winning on Sunday and Thursday and every game   never ever cross that white line thinking about anything rather than a victory EVER. 

👏👏

Oneneilberry

Gordon 

Stewart 

Stone

Gallagher

Neilson 

Neilson 

Sibbick 

Smith 

McCulloch 

Henderson 

Ginnelly

Hearts are rampant

Similar to what I’m expecting.

No doubt they will dominate possession so we really need an out ball and pace/players that can carry the ball. We also need to rotate at some point snd yeah it’s early in season so hardly like main players are exhausted etc but we do need to play squad players at some point.

I’m sure Shankland would do well at Parkhead re holding ball up etc, but with Thursday in mind, I’d take the hit this one game and leave him out.

Just hope it’s not a 5 goal drubbing, but upside of resting main players is they shouldn’t be too affected if it is a gubbing, given they wouldn’t have played in that game.

11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That’s the challenge for the next two months or so. Big games very Thursday and Sunday so no chance to cotton wool players.  Determining priority will be key.  For me league games are more important than European games this season. 

Definitely find the balance but when ur away to Celtic then it’s a free hit so second leg takes priority 

Even now some folk think all it takes is pressing and having a go, no doubt some one will chuck in winning mentality soon.

We weren't winning anyway but without Halkett it could be a real pumping. Save the legs for Europe.

Rocky jamboa
8 minutes ago, Oneneilberry said:

Gordon 

Stewart 

Stone

Gallagher

Neilson 

Neilson 

Sibbick 

Smith 

McCulloch 

Henderson 

Ginnelly

Ha ha! You've left out Budge up front! 😄

We are getting hammered here. 

At least 4 for Celtic.

The wing back formation is an absolute travesty that Neilson will no doubt start with on Sunday.

Fear for this game , losing interest when we play them at Parkhead ( similar with Rangers at Ibrox) 

These games don’t define the season, but for me they show if we are progressing ( i was shot down pre season for suggesting that as a measurement ) 

Jambo 4 Ever
3 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Just play most of our fringe players. Gino, GMS, Halliday and Henderson.

Maybe throw in young Neilson too

This

stone In goal too 

It's a free hit. Apart from rangers appearing, they probably focus on doing their very best to turn us over next in line.

Get players rested for next week. That has to be the focus. 

Get the subs and fringe players starting. Maybe some of the young boys in as well. 

I think there will be a good few goals on the day but realistically it won't be for us. 

4-1 septic 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Just play most of our fringe players. Gino, GMS, Halliday and Henderson.

Maybe throw in young Neilson too

Aye,  throw in the young lads to get absolutely roasted and their confidence destroyed. 

Cracking idea.