Porteous

Tom Hardy’s Dug

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Goodness!  That’s an old one, Danny.

That and the Ballroom Blitz song!

Sweet. The best thing ever to come out of Aberdeen.

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Naisys Tackle

• Wee Mikey

• Pasquale for King

9 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Oops!!! I'm clearly losing it. Senility, etc. 😁

:lol: 

I’m glad I left it to Taz to make a comment!

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

Rangers will sign Porteous on a pre contract guaranteed. 

I just don’t see it? Why would they want him and why would he go there he’d be about as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit!

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

Rangers will sign Porteous on a pre contract guaranteed. 

Christ, could you imagine what he’d get away with if he was playing for an OF team. 

Just watched his interview on Sky.

Wants to go to a "different league".

Quite an honest interview, absolutely thick as pigshit imo and if he was in a maroon shirt I'd be seething.

Fair play to him though and he said he'd accept the criticism from the vermin hoards.

Never Let Them Forget
5 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Just watched his interview on Sky.

Wants to go to a "different league".

Quite an honest interview, absolutely thick as pigshit imo and if he was in a maroon shirt I'd be seething.

Fair play to him though and he said he'd accept the criticism from the vermin hoards.

Surprisingly he spoke quite well imo. They’ll be seething and it would be popcorn time if he went to the Rangers on all sides.

Cameronstheman

His stats were impressive ,wasn’t sure if that was for hibs or the league ,if the latter I’d be shocked Also had a wee dig at hibs for not improving and lack of intense training ..nice

On 13/12/2022 at 18:15, DH1986 said:

Hope he hangs it out and shafts them.

I hope he signs a mammoth new contract and thinks he's William large gonads, leading to tantrums, internal issues, and a lead weight round their stupid necks.

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I hope he signs a mammoth new contract and thinks he's William large gonads, leading to tantrums, internal issues, and a lead weight round their stupid necks.

He's out the door. Plenty clubs interested. Not sure when the transfer window actually opens but even if he wasn't suspended for the New Year game I don't he'd be playing anyway. 

Hibs supporters, rightly, blaming Ron and his son. 

34 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

He's out the door. Plenty clubs interested. Not sure when the transfer window actually opens but even if he wasn't suspended for the New Year game I don't he'd be playing anyway. 

Hibs supporters, rightly, blaming Ron and his son. 

Ah well, I hope something else is a lead weight round their stupid necks then.

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Ah well, I hope something else is a lead weight round their stupid necks then.

Hanlon 👍👍 At fault for all three goals. 

Yet another wretched type from a club which produces them on a conveyor belt (that kind thrive there and have done for 40 years) .......but at least that shower sell players on to bring in much needed dosh. How many have we sold on over the past say decade, and how many were home grown through our very expensive academy ? 

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

Yet another wretched type from a club which produces them on a conveyor belt (that kind thrive there and have done for 40 years) .......but at least that shower sell players on to bring in much needed dosh. How many have we sold on over the past say decade, and how many were home grown through our very expensive academy ? 

I dont think theyve brought through that many if any apart from Porteous, Doig and Cummings came through our academy and football sages like John Murray and Craig Levein let them leave.
We have received fees for Paterson, Walker, Hickey, Irving, Hamilton and Holt for around £3m.

Not much compared to the cost i suppose and not nany have made lasting contributions. 

13 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

Potentially Italy bound

He wouldn't make it anywhere other than Scotland, He'll end up at livi or dunfermline after a year abroad or down south.

gorgie rd eh11

Italy wouldn't surprise me. It seems to be thing to take players there give them some game time in Serie A, then shift them back to England for money they would never go for from a "diddy" Scottish club. It worked with Hickey but he was quality. I'm not sure it'll work for everybody.

3 hours ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Italy wouldn't surprise me. It seems to be thing to take players there give them some game time in Serie A, then shift them back to England for money they would never go for from a "diddy" Scottish club. It worked with Hickey but he was quality. I'm not sure it'll work for everybody.

No idea if it would work out for others but Ferguson is being linked with bigger clubs in Italy already as is Doig 

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

No idea if it would work out for others but Ferguson is being linked with bigger clubs in Italy already as is Doig 

Italian football must really be shit these days. Hickey was obviously quality but Ferguson and Doig? Ferguson was a 10-a-penny midfielder up here who I never gave a 2nd thought to if he was up against us. And I’m sure Doig was statistically the worst full back in the league last season. So bad he used to regularly get dropped for wee Lewy!

Edited by DS98

gorgie rd eh11
1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Linked by who?

Agents?

Naisys Tackle
2 hours ago, DS98 said:

Italian football must really be shit these days. Hickey was obviously quality but Ferguson and Doig? Ferguson was a 10-a-penny midfielder up here who I never gave a 2nd thought to if he was up against us. And I’m sure Doig was statistically the worst full back in the league last season. So bad he used to regularly get dropped for wee Lewy!

Blame shite coaching.  Doigs an athlete being coached into a very good player.  Ferguson was a standout for Aberdeen. 

4 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Blame shite coaching.  Doigs an athlete being coached into a very good player.  Ferguson was a standout for Aberdeen. 

Im not blaming anything. I think either the Italian league must poorer than I thought or our game must be better than we give it credit for.

Doig was shite for Hibs and just another overhyped youngster. Ferguson was decent but no more. This time last year if Hearts were signing Ferguson it would be ‘meh’.

Naisys Tackle
23 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Im not blaming anything. I think either the Italian league must poorer than I thought or our game must be better than we give it credit for.

Doig was shite for Hibs and just another overhyped youngster. Ferguson was decent but no more. This time last year if Hearts were signing Ferguson it would be ‘meh’.

Get your point but what I was saying was players are better in better teams coached better as seems to be the case with Doig.  Ferguson was brilliant for Aberdeen.  We seem to under rate players from other teams as do fans of other clubs probably.  Fiorentina just scudded us home and away without getting out 1st gear and they are 10th in the league so not sure how that works either. 

1 hour ago, Cameronstheman said:

I’ll save anyone else having to click that link… Hull and hundreds of other clubs want him, but Hull will offer a small amount of cash and those hundreds of others won’t so really it’s just Hull, Udinesse might want him too that adds a wee bit glamour to the story. Porteous himself says Hibs training is rubbish and he wants away. So I expect him to be at Hull shortly.

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

I’ll save anyone else having to click that link… Hull and hundreds of other clubs want him, but Hull will offer a small amount of cash and those hundreds of others won’t so really it’s just Hull, Udinesse might want him too that adds a wee bit glamour to the story. Porteous himself says Hibs training is rubbish and he wants away. So I expect him to be at Hull shortly.

You mean a multi million pound player will head to Hull? I'm stunned.

Pasquale for King
On 16/12/2022 at 13:26, Jim Panzee said:

mid table Serie A team

Tenner to Big Hearts if he goes to any one of the top leagues in europe. 

Pasquale for King
On 16/12/2022 at 18:53, DS98 said:

Doig has only played 9 games but scored 2 and 1 assist, not sure how hes being linked with a move . Ferguson has ability and has scored a few great goals, just needs to screw the nut. 
Fiorentina are mid table strugglers, i think Serie A is on the up these days. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

43 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Doig has only played 9 games but scored 2 and 1 assist, not sure how hes being linked with a move . Ferguson has ability and has scored a few great goals, just needs to screw the nut. 
Fiorentina are mid table strugglers, i think Serie A is on the up these days. 

Yeah, Doig is struggling to get into a team getting pumped every week.

His agent seems to fancy getting a cut of another transfer fee as that's the only explanation for him being linked with various clubs already.

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Yeah, Doig is struggling to get into a team getting pumped every week.

His agent seems to fancy getting a cut of another transfer fee as that's the only explanation for him being linked with various clubs already.

I think he is doing better than you give him credit.

But I read somewhere recently that the Italian press are constantly linking players with other teams, even more than then the press here link every player to the Old Firm, so dont look too much into a player getting linked with other Italian teams.