What is woke and how does it impact you?

Unknown user

Just now, Dirk McTarkin said:

It's one of the many services that I offer, red, but I'm Sunday pub league by Kickback standards.

Never mind, Dirk, practice makes perfect!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• Dawnrazor

• il Duce McTarkin

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

Come on tae ****. Who hasn't murdered their spouse in a fit of petty rage? 

Ken mate. I would've murdered the boyfriend tae 

On 30/01/2023 at 17:22, jonesy said:

Sorry red. Not sure when the other time was. The unsolicited dick pic?

How did i miss this comment ?  Usually my notifications go off the scale with some words .....

• 2 weeks later...
I P Knightley
On 01/02/2023 at 19:24, Dirk McTarkin said:

Come on tae ****. Who hasn't murdered their spouse in a fit of petty rage? 

There's nothing in the song to confirm he killed her or even attacked her. 

He had a knife in his hand, sure, but could easily have been there to help chopping the vegetables. The laughter she did no more had been the hysterical kind you suffer when you've got a meal deadline and a mountain of veg needing peeled and you've been too busy shagging to make a start. 

The point I came to make, though, is that, despite him being a free man, there are large swathes of the population who will frown upon you if you play I'm the Leader by Gary Glitter at a kids party. What's wrong with them?

• 2 weeks later...
il Duce McTarkin
15 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Most of my boys Lego figures have missing limbs already, tbf.

47 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

awe i think thats quite nice actually. Not got an issue with it. 

periodictabledancer

Good old Jonathan Gullis - nothing woke about this guy. :lol:

As if it wasn't bad enough having a constiuency made up of "scumbags" and "scrotes" he's got this to contend with - 

il Duce McTarkin
23 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Good old Jonathan Gullis - nothing woke about this guy. :lol:

As if it wasn't bad enough having a constiuency made up of "scumbags" and "scrotes" he's got this to contend with - 

Why does the park have that nickname? Is it something innocuous, or a clear reference to an outdated term for gentlemen (and ladies) of a Far Eastern (any Far Eastern) origin?

Edit: Apparently it refers to the sound of the chains which surround the park. 

No need for a rebrand imo (its only a nickname). Words should not be removed from instances outwith their intended context. The Black Bitch boozer in Lithgae being another example.

Edited by Dirk McTarkin

JudyJudyJudy

61 years old talks about being in “ girl mode “ and now has “ feminine “ girl name ! Not creepy at all 

https://www.ladbible.com/news/eddie-izzard-feminine-name-gender-868158-20230307?source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0y8JlvsJ1Mg5DwegL1Z5AMgdXKg8b_DPTidZwBvknisdncrigh9eKiRVY

E7276B2F-5AEF-497E-B84B-397AB84309C8.jpeg

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

il Duce McTarkin
23 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

61 years old talks about being in “ girl mode “ and now has “ feminine “ girl name ! Not creepy at all 

https://www.ladbible.com/news/eddie-izzard-feminine-name-gender-868158-20230307?source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0y8JlvsJ1Mg5DwegL1Z5AMgdXKg8b_DPTidZwBvknisdncrigh9eKiRVY

E7276B2F-5AEF-497E-B84B-397AB84309C8.jpeg

Used to quite like Izzard. He was capable of being incredibly funny for a time, his eccentricities were part of the charm, and he always struck me as a good sort. 

I'll never pretend to understand how he and others like him feel, or what they go through. CBA with most of it nowadays, tbh. A position borne of wilful ignorance. Meh. 

Edited by Dirk McTarkin

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

Used to quite like Izzard. He was capable of being incredibly funny for a time, his eccentricities were part of the charm, and he always struck me as a good sort. 

I'll never pretend to understand how he and others like him feel, or what they go through. CBA with most of it nowadays, tbh. A position borne of wilful ignorance. Meh. 

Yea he was a trail blazer years ago with acknowledging he was a tranvestite but then got caught up in all the gender nonsense and identity politics . It’s a shame really as he’s a good stand up with his surrealist humour and no bad actor too 

JudyJudyJudy

Quite disappointed with Michelle Yeoh really. I was rooting for her to win the best actress but she’s perhaps sensationally blown her chances with those comments , about race and the Oscar’s . She makes a very valid point that only one black woman has won the best actress award in all its history . That’s very poor . But to play the race card is rather tacky really . She deserves it on merit . However I do hear That Cate Blanchett is simply stunning in “ Tar” she really is an incredible talent too . This outburst from Yeoh might not affect her chances as the voters may have already cast their votes as the Oscar’s are on Sunday night . However although meant to be based on acting talent I would like to see Yeoh win to highlight Asian culture . Plus she’s s a terrific actress anyway 

https://www.newsweek.com/michelle-yeoh-cate-blanchett-oscars-academy-awards-1786292

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

16 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Quite disappointed with Michelle Yeoh really. I was rooting for her to win the best actress but she’s perhaps sensationally blown her chances with those comments , about race and the Oscar’s . She makes a very valid point that only one black woman has won the best actress award in all its history . That’s very poor . But to play the race card is rather tacky really . She deserves it on merit . However I do hear That Cate Blanchett is simply stunning in “ Tar” she really is an incredible talent too . This outburst from Yeoh might not affect her chances as the voters may have already cast their votes as the Oscar’s are on Sunday night . However although meant to be based on acting talent I would like to see Yeoh win to highlight Asian culture . Plus she’s s a terrific actress anyway 

https://www.newsweek.com/michelle-yeoh-cate-blanchett-oscars-academy-awards-1786292

I’d hardly describe it as an outburst. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

I’d hardly describe it as an outburst. 

Who said it was an “ outburst “? 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Your post includes  “this outburst from Yeoh”.

Ok

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

1lmbq5.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=3e1ce273cf2a2b

114AA53E-08DA-44DA-918D-2FB243194814.gif

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

periodictabledancer

This is superb....

"It's very difficult to describe woke in a fifteen second soundbite"

Presenter - "take your time". 😂

Unknown user
54 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

This is superb....

FB-IMG-1678893795045.jpg

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, periodictabledancer said:

This is superb....

Difficult to describe but I'm happy to trot it out pejoritavely and hope that I don't have to explain myself.

She'll almost certainly keep it in her vocabulary.

I just noticed that she's an author. An author who doesn't know what her words mean. I feel an Amazon book review coming on.

periodictabledancer
12 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

image.png

I don't know if it's accidental, but that's a great likeness of Julia Hardly-Breathing. 

• 4 weeks later...
Unknown user

So what is woke?

Whatever the right says you're angry about this week, apparently.

This last week has seen Kid Rock literally shooting crates of Bud Light with a gun because they've gone inclusive and put rainbows on their cans. Seriously.

Aaand here's him drinking Bud Light with a drag queen before he knew he disapproved.

DSC_0267.jpg

MAGA ****tards

10 hours ago, Smithee said:

So what is woke?

Whatever the right says you're angry about this week, apparently.

This last week has seen Kid Rock literally shooting crates of Bud Light with a gun because they've gone inclusive and put rainbows on their cans. Seriously.

Aaand here's him drinking Bud Light with a drag queen before he knew he disapproved.

DSC_0267.jpg

MAGA ****tards

Nae wonder.

Rainbows on alcoholic drinks what a load of absolute pish.

And ffs maga retards .

It's embarrassing the lengths were going to to appease men wanting to dress up as women.

And the threat of being called out like some Maoist student outing of landowners just makes me go against it.

Alcohol is gay friendly 

Alcohol is trans friendly.

Just not liver friendly.

Woke mair like a stupid joke.

What is woah-oh-oh-oh-oh-oke, anyway?

Does anybody woke anybody anyway?

Ah, ya can't beat some of that Howard Jones magic.  :toasting: