What is woke and how does it impact you?

Unknown user

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Nope, but I note those rapey women are at it again.

Lexi-rose Crawford sentenced to 9 years for raping her friend with her penis after being released for raping a kid.

These new complicated women are sure getting the old XX sort a bad name

Another case of something which never happens ? Wow ! 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• Dawnrazor

• il Duce McTarkin

JudyJudyJudy

What about artistic freedom / creativity ? 
Are they going to remake “ 12 angry men “ as “ 4 angry men , 4 angry women , 2 disabled trans people and 2 black people “ 

https://www.unilad.com/celebrity/richard-dreyfuss-oscar-diversity-vomit-430775-20230507?facebookstatic&fbclid=IwAR30qAyFcAUdDMLwNaG7V4ztQ7JYn_0DDaD2A0F7yXje2RK2sJUnaYivxV8

IMG_4603.jpeg

JudyJudyJudy
56 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I have my doubts about the mental health of people who seem to spend their entire social media/internet spare time banging on about this shite.  

Oh not that old chestnut 🌰 you’re usually better than that . 

2 hours ago, Ulysses said:

I have my doubts about the mental health of people who seem to spend their entire social media/internet spare time banging on about this shite.  

To prove my point, the next 3 posts are from someone trawling the internet to support their bigoted views.

JudyJudyJudy
22 minutes ago, XB52 said:

To prove my point, the next 3 posts are from someone trawling the internet to support their bigoted views.

😀😀😀😀😀😀

il Duce McTarkin
31 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Beats trawling the back alleys of Bodrum.

Unknown user
13 minutes ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

That seems unlikely

i wish jj was my dad
3 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Im not sure that it is driven by poor mental health but I do see societal problems getting worse the more people's views are influenced and polarised by dubious Internet sources set up to do precisely that. 

il Duce McTarkin
28 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I love kickback for that very reason. I don’t use Facebook, twitter or any of the others, so this place is like my digest of what madness is going on in the world. 

Spot on. 

It's like a synopsis of world events in the form of opinion pieces scribled on a toilet wall by folk who've chowed down on LSD soaked sugar cubes for breakfast. Or in Ausseh's case, every meal for the last 15 years.

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂👍😎

3 hours ago, jonesy said:

I love kickback for that very reason. I don’t use Facebook, twitter or any of the others, so this place is like my digest of what madness is going on in the world. 

Indeed.  As you probably noticed, however much I might be unsure as to their mental health, I wasn't suggesting that it's a bad thing in and of itself to let emotionally troubled people spout incessantly on the board about their obsessions.  Could be worse - we could be posting more in the Terrace.  :eek: 

On a not entirely unrelated matter, somebody (a stranger) decided to have a real go at me on the street today for something that was entirely his fault.  Although my first thought was to tell him to **** off with himself, it occurred to me quite quickly that he was almost certainly autistic.  So I said nothing and after another bit of a rant he ran out of steam, swore at me (again) and walked off.  It was a bit frustrating having to resist the urge to engage in some therapeutic Anglo-Saxon labiodental fricative vocalisation, but in the circumstances I thought it was for the best.  That probably means I am woke, doesn't it?  :whistling: 

Edited by Ulysses

Arresting the protesters of the monarch is a bit woke. Free speech only when it's something they agree with is the right-wing way.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952ad4ed304d3c0b2587

If you say so Jacob.

Edited by ri Alban

i wish jj was my dad
4 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Indeed.  As you probably noticed, however much I might be unsure as to their mental health, I wasn't suggesting that it's a bad thing in and of itself to let emotionally troubled people spout incessantly on the board about their obsessions.  Could be worse - we could be posting more in the Terrace.  :eek: 

The internet is big factor in our increasingly polarised society. It  emboldens saddies and baddies. They can reach a wider audience and hide behind an internet persona so it is harder to hold them to account. 

I've no doubt that is factored into the strategies of MAGA, Tufton Street, religious fundamentalists and our own Jesse Rae wannabes. 

JudyJudyJudy
8 hours ago, Ulysses said:

itself to let emotionally troubled people spout incessantly on the board

8 hours ago, Ulysses said:

it occurred to me quite quickly that he was almost certainly autistic

Oh he’s now medical expert about people he has never met or indeed met briefly ! 😂😂

7 hours ago, FWJ said:

Is “woke” the new political correctness gone mad ?  
I can’t keep up these days.

Pretty much, I always think of this clip when people talk about things being "woke" or the "woke generation" as though it's something new.

18 hours ago, Ulysses said:

You only have to look at the post counts on here. Between posting their faux outrage on here and trawling the right wing websites for scare stories, I doubt they have time to sleep

JudyJudyJudy
17 minutes ago, XB52 said:

You only have to look at the post counts on here. Between posting their faux outrage on here and trawling the right wing websites for scare stories, I doubt they have time to sleep

Bore off .

No one can be bothered with you

Your postings are dull , dull , dull . 

In fact you are that uninteresting I am 

surprised I wasted the energy typing this 

live and learn though

IMG_7884.jpeg

IMG_0290.jpeg

11 hours ago, Ulysses said:

On a not entirely unrelated matter, somebody (a stranger) decided to have a real go at me on the street today for something that was entirely his fault.  Although my first thought was to tell him to **** off with himself, it occurred to me quite quickly that he was almost certainly autistic.  So I said nothing and after another bit of a rant he ran out of steam, swore at me (again) and walked off.  It was a bit frustrating having to resist the urge to engage in some therapeutic Anglo-Saxon labiodental fricative vocalisation, but in the circumstances I thought it was for the best.  That probably means I am woke, doesn't it?  :whistling: 

If you were a real man you'd have spent a night in the cells pending a hearing after putting his face through a bus stop. 

I thought better of you Uly. Just another woke clown. 

JudyJudyJudy
22 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

If you were a real man you'd have spent a night in the cells pending a hearing after putting his face through a bus stop. 

👍👍

7 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Oh he’s now medical expert about people he has never met or indeed met briefly ! 😂😂

You seem upset.  What's wrong?

4 hours ago, BlueRiver said:

I know.  Soz. :sad: 

In fairness to, er, me, I'm not sure that beating the shite out of a person who looked like he might be disabled is the makeover my "real man" image needs.  :laugh: 

Also, imagine if he'd beaten the shite out of me, or if his assistance dog had bitten me - I'd never live it down.  :runaway: 

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Ulysses said:

You seem upset.  What's wrong?

I’m great thanks . Not “ upset “ at all cheers thanks for asking ! How’s u ? 

11 hours ago, XB52 said:

Scare stories ?

5 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I’m great thanks . Not “ upset “ at all cheers thanks for asking ! How’s u ? 

Not bad.  I couldn't figure out why you posted your oddball non sequitur and quoted my post.  You must have meant to quote something else, so.  :thumbsup:

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Not bad.  I couldn't figure out why you posted your oddball non sequitur and quoted my post.  You must have meant to quote something else, so.  :thumbsup:

Yeah ok . Cool 

2 hours ago, Ked said:

Scare stories ?

In fairness, there are a lot of people out there who believe any oul' shite they're told.

i wish jj was my dad
4 hours ago, Ulysses said:

In fairness, there are a lot of people out there who believe any oul' shite they're told.

And a few people who make it their business to peddle that shite

Psychedelicropcircle

I was watching bbc News this morning (before 6 which is general shite from around the world) anyway New York State has passed a law no discrimination against fat people. The guy who lobbied for it says one day a close friend of mine patted my stomach & it made me feel really bad. 

can’t even call someone a fat ***** now🥱

Clivehunter81

Box ticking is the bain of the world.

One of the reasons soccer Saturday went to shit a few years ago. 

Thunder and Lightning
On 11/05/2023 at 04:30, ri Alban said:

Arresting the protesters of the monarch is a bit woke. Free speech only when it's something they agree with is the right-wing way.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952ad4ed304d3c0b2587

If you say so Jacob.

SNP members are not allowed to disagree publicly with the party, is that correct?

i wish jj was my dad
20 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

SNP members are not allowed to disagree publicly with the party, is that correct?

Are they? Alex Neil, Fergus Ewing, Ash Regan and Joanna Cherry aren't shy. 

i wish jj was my dad
17 minutes ago, Ked said:

Ooya.

😄

The whole diversity and inclusion crusade is artificial bollocks. You shouldn't have to be educated in order to learn how not to be a twat  towards other people or groups because they don't conform. 

Then you read the likes of Henry Bolton  OBE. 

2 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

The whole diversity and inclusion crusade is artificial bollocks. You shouldn't have to be educated in order to learn how not to be a twat  towards other people or groups because they don't conform. 

Then you read the likes of Henry Bolton  OBE. 

Don't know of him but it's a topper the reply and an absolute beamer for the Henry guy.

i wish jj was my dad
2 minutes ago, Ked said:

Don't know of him but it's a topper the reply and an absolute beamer for the Henry guy.

I don't know anything about him either but his self awareness appears to be on the same level of some of our anti woke crusaders on this board. 

Gundermann
On 13/05/2023 at 09:24, i wish jj was my dad said:

Then you read the likes of Henry Bolton  OBE

Was that yon singer with mullet who all the housewives swooned over? Can I Touch You... There?

How'd he get an MBE for that?

1 hour ago, Clivehunter81 said:

Remember...don't buy  BUD LIGHT 👍

Why? 

Clivehunter81
8 hours ago, tian447 said:

Why? 

Cause it's nailed it's cringe colour to the mast.  Big boycott going on at the moment.. Google it

7 minutes ago, Clivehunter81 said:

Cause it's nailed it's cringe colour to the mast.  Big boycott going on at the moment.. Google it

I'd never buy it because it's absolute shite, not because of any other reason :thumbsup: 

Be better off with this stuff:

image50.jpg

10 hours ago, Clivehunter81 said:

Remember...don't buy  BUD LIGHT 👍

What a weird reason not to buy Bud light. A rainbow. 

3 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I'd never buy it because it's absolute shite, not because of any other reason :thumbsup: 

Be better off with this stuff:

image50.jpg

All lager is rotten. 

16 hours ago, Gundermann said:

Was that yon singer with mullet who all the housewives swooned over? Can I Touch You... There?

How'd he get an MBE for that?

:notsure: 

But I'm sure Michael(Bolotin) Bolton doesn't have an mbe. Unless he was given one of those Bob Geldoff type awards. 

Edited by ri Alban

Clivehunter81
7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

What a weird reason not to buy Bud light. A rainbow. 

Just joining the bandwagon 🤣

Folk telling folk not to buy something because they don't like the message, sounds a bit woke. No?

Unknown user
12 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Folk telling folk not to buy something because they don't like the message, sounds a bit woke. No?

Cancel culture in action