What is woke and how does it impact you?

Unknown user

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• Dawnrazor

• il Duce McTarkin

Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

Not sure why they did the changes. Probably for ratings ? That's the only reason. However the rating slumped.  I don't mind " reimagining " of classics but this went too far. Apparently there are spanking scenes in it lol.  Its a great novel and was already filmed magnificently by David Lean in the 1940s with the great Martita Hunt as Miss Havisham.  I am guessing Olivia Coleman might want this erased from her CV in the future. 

Yeah I think that's what I'm meaning though is that it seems less about being "woke" and more about cheap changes to try and drum up interest. 

Be better focusing on some new content than rehashing classics every couple years imo. 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, BlueRiver said:

Yeah I think that's what I'm meaning though is that it seems less about being "woke" and more about cheap changes to try and drum up interest. 

Be better focusing on some new content than rehashing classics every couple years imo. 

I think the " woke " aspect of it was the BDSM scenes and the black actress playing Estella. Not really like Jean Simmons.  :) 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, BlueRiver said:

That'll be Tim's card marked by some now...

Yep. its all very 1984 quite scary really. The re writing of history really. 

JudyJudyJudy

Oh just do one guardian ffs . They will be running out Of people to cancel , as happens in every witch hunt.  

Ps” fat  phobia” ffs 

guy was a creative genius . 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/may/02/karl-lagerfeld-met-gala-theme-controversy?CMP=fb_gu&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR0XozDyOqYONXOLjKALSlMHDTGeYdTc5VapNOV-KSIsDn7e9L2Uv6g3kio#Echobox=1683037239

IMG_4552.jpeg

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Sounds like my kind of guy. "Tayo Bero", meanwhile, is an anagram of "Offended By Everything But Her Own Ignorance".

I thought she was writing about me at first 😂 must be an “old “ gay thang, or a low tolerance for bullshit . The BBC 2 documentary on last night about him was outstanding tv . “ the mysterious mr lagerfeld “ , well worth a watch . Yes , the author of the piece seems very angry . As they all seem to be . 

4 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Oh just do one guardian ffs . They will be running out Of people to cancel , as happens in every witch hunt.  

Ps” fat  phobia” ffs 

guy was a creative genius . 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/may/02/karl-lagerfeld-met-gala-theme-controversy?CMP=fb_gu&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR0XozDyOqYONXOLjKALSlMHDTGeYdTc5VapNOV-KSIsDn7e9L2Uv6g3kio#Echobox=1683037239

IMG_4552.jpeg

He was an arsehole. Another one who got away with it because of his “artistic temperament” 

I see that yon "golliwog" pub run by racists has shut down after all their suppliers told them tae bolt.

Heineken, Carlsberg, the local beer line maintenance company, everybody cut ties with them.

The now ex-landlords are still being defiant. 

And remain thick as mince.

:jjyay:

Edited by Cade

1 hour ago, Cade said:

I see that yon "golliwog" pub run by racists has shut down after all their suppliers told them tae bolt.

Heineken, Carlsberg, the local beer line maintenance company, everybody cut ties with them.

The now ex-landlords are still being defiant. 

And remain thick as mince.

:jjyay:

It's hard to see though when they delivered to a pub covered in golliwogs while chatting to a guy in a Britain First t shirt that it never occurred to them previously there might be an element of racism about the place 

JudyJudyJudy

We are doomed 😂😂😂😂

wait till Putin gets a look at this ! 

People are sick of being lectured to by sanctimonious.......

Now there's something I can agree with.

14 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

It's hard to see though when they delivered to a pub covered in golliwogs while chatting to a guy in a Britain First t shirt that it never occurred to them previously there might be an element of racism about the place 

It’s called ‘woke capitalism’ apparently. Heineken’s PR folk took advantage of a golden opportunity, saying the boozer was totally unrepresentative of the company’s values. 
A brewery with values, who’d a thunk it?

15 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Yeh, for me it's a good example of cynical wokeness. They're right to end supply, but they're only doing it because of the media coverage.

Also: Heineken of Netherlands presumably won't be supplying anywhere that engages with Zwarte Piet?

Oh, and this Heineken?

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, Korky said:

It’s called ‘woke capitalism’ apparently. Heineken’s PR folk took advantage of a golden opportunity, saying the boozer was totally unrepresentative of the company’s values. 
A brewery with values, who’d a thunk it?

I know considering the devastation that alcohol addiction can bring 

Ron Burgundy
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

So fragile, snowflakes ? 

What a state. Smelly fat bloke dressed as a woman told to smarten up a bit and stages a two man walkout.

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

What a state. Smelly fat bloke dressed as a woman told to smarten up a bit and stages a two man walkout.

Spot on . Yuck . And he’s serving food and drink too . Foul . 

JudyJudyJudy

Awe diddums 

the replies are hysterical 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

23 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

So fragile, snowflakes ? 

What kind of deodorant did they offer her, the roll on ball stuff?

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Meathook said:

What kind of deodorant did they offer her, the roll on ball stuff?

It wouldn’t matter , he would still complain and go right on to tik tok 

7 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

It wouldn’t matter , he would still complain and go right on to tik tok 

7kmsgt.jpg

:D 

JudyJudyJudy

Good 👍👍👍👍

Well

done “ Karen “ and star bucks 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

What a nerd.  How will he managed when he leaves his bedroom ? 

Dawnrazor
1 hour ago, BlueRiver said:

Has to be an act. There is no way he's being sincere.

We've got biological men and boys claiming they have monthly periods, I think this guy is genuine, just think about the times we're living in🤦

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

We've got biological men and boys claiming they have monthly periods, I think this guy is genuine, just think about the times we're living in🤦

Oh it’s genuine 

Dennis Denuto
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

It’s a wind up of sorts. Well according to the individual they were playing a character for drama and shits and giggles. 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGJH2HsC4/

Looked FAF to me. 

The thing is social media you can find the biggest weirdo ever. Extremists aren’t evidence of much except extremists exist and they are idiots. They aren’t representative of the majority and the exception should never be the rule. Especially when their aim is just to find tik tok fame. 

I agree and the real issue with the extremist views on all sorts of topics is it pushes people to be more extreme in the other direction. With the ability for all the view points to be broadcast across multiple platforms it even eventually gets normalised onto TV channels.

The Trans issue is a prime example - how did it rise to become the huge talking point in mainstream politics that it has? You have fairly normal individuals on either side taking some pretty extreme views and getting further and further apart as time goes on.

The need for some dull centre politicians has never been greater

2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

It’s a wind up of sorts. Well according to the individual they were playing a character for drama and shits and giggles. 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGJH2HsC4/

Looked FAF to me. 

The thing is social media you can find the biggest weirdo ever. Extremists aren’t evidence of much except extremists exist and they are idiots. They aren’t representative of the majority and the exception should never be the rule. Especially when their aim is just to find tik tok fame. 

Agree with that but it's the 1 in a million characters that the extremists use to promote their bigoted views. Trawling social media for things to be outraged about, while the rest of us get on with our lives

JudyJudyJudy

More on this story . Well Done Vanessa Aka “ Karen” for challenging the employee who wasn’t exactly “ lady like in his response . Good on Starbucks dealing with it promptly and sacking him

almost immediately .

Ps I go radge too when they don’t accept cash 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Agree with that but it's the 1 in a million characters that the extremists use to promote their bigoted views. Trawling social media for things to be outraged about, while the rest of us get on with our lives

Or moan / comment about it like you do

JudyJudyJudy

Go woke and go broke .

This “ band “hoped to get some brownie points with the gay crowd by sacking a colleague  who apparently misgendered a rapist . .it spectacularly back fired .  Nil points or the like last night at the Eurovision semi final . The singer also wore an extremely tight car suit which looked about as sexy as a limp

piece of salad . Probably gay baiting. 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

Unknown user
4 hours ago, Dennis Denuto said:

The Trans issue is a prime example - how did it rise to become the huge talking point in mainstream politics that it has? 

Screechy extremists, funded by those who don't want people thinking about how ****ed up things are, noising everyone up.

JudyJudyJudy
14 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Love how “Karen” is embraced by the woke as an okay term to describe a certain type of white woman. Not racist at all. 

Yep ! 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Love how “Karen” is embraced by the woke as an okay term to describe a certain type of white woman. Not racist at all. 

🤪

doctor jambo
18 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Well, we are supposed to believe that we are prescribing the pill and fitting coils in men to stop them getting pregnant .

And $7 million Ona study to show that the women with prostates are still able to get prostrate cancer.

33 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Well, we are supposed to believe that we are prescribing the pill and fitting coils in men to stop them getting pregnant .

And $7 million Ona study to show that the women with prostates are still able to get prostrate cancer.

Is there any data about testicular injuries in womens sports over the last few years?

doctor jambo
5 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Is there any data about testicular injuries in womens sports over the last few years?

Nope, but I note those rapey women are at it again.

Lexi-rose Crawford sentenced to 9 years for raping her friend with her penis after being released for raping a kid.

These new complicated women are sure getting the old XX sort a bad name

7 hours ago, XB52 said:

I have my doubts about the mental health of people who seem to spend their entire social media/internet spare time banging on about this shite.