Is there anything in politics more shit than the Labour Party?

Ulysses

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Aye, because that's what's funny in that link :cornette_dog:

I find it amusing that Scotland has such an idiot of a FM and the pointless exercise from the shortbread senate 

People are being killed on both sides regardless of the link. Should there be a ceasefire? If you've any humanity, you should agree.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• ri Alban

• Gundermann

• BlueRiver

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thunder and Lightning
2 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

People are being killed on both sides regardless of the link. Should there be a ceasefire? If you've any humanity, you should agree.

What do your wife's friends think? 

13 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

the shortbread senate 

What a fabulous opinion you have of my country. Well done you.

25 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Or his Spanish mate ? 

Why are you joining in? People are allowed different opinions and can change their mind, just like you!

14 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Why are you joining in? People are allowed different opinions and can change their mind, just like you!

Oh sorry do I need your permission to comment first ? ! 

15 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Aye, because that's what's funny in that link :cornette_dog:

I find it amusing that Scotland has such an idiot of a FM and the pointless exercise from the shortbread senate 

The sky's the limit now for the shortbread senate. After yesterday's vote influencing the Middle East they are already planning civil rights for North Korea. As for the shit show that is the Scottish Schools and NHS they will get to that at some point .

Thunder and Lightning
4 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Why do you care? 

I don't, but that doesn't stop you telling us all what they think when it suits you.

1 hour ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

I don't, but that doesn't stop you telling us all what they think when it suits you.

How many times?

4 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Oh sorry do I need your permission to comment first ? ! 

It would good not to see your comments, occasionally! You post on everything! 

Thunder and Lightning
6 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

How many times?

No idea buddy, sorry to break it to you but we are not all waiting on the latest update. 

Perhaps the mods could rig a push notification to let us know? 

Thunder and Lightning
6 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

How many times?

No idea buddy, sorry to break it to you but we are not all waiting on the latest update. 

26 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

It would good not to see your comments, occasionally! You post on everything! 

Awe diddums . I’m sure the mods would have a word if necessary 😎

28 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Awe diddums . I’m sure the mods would have a word if necessary 😎

I mean if I was posting too much . Didn’t know there was a limit mind you ? 

20 hours ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Humza the world leader  :ears:

I guess the people of Scotland that voted for him are happy that he is focussed (what looks like full-time) on Gaza (which isn't a devolved matter) rather than addressing their day to day needs which after all is supposed to be his day job.

2 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Why mention it then?

1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I mean if I was posting too much . Didn’t know there was a limit mind you ? 

There should be 🤣

Nucky Thompson
7 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

What a fabulous opinion you have of my country. Well done you.

The country is run by the corrupt SNP and football is controlled by the corrupt SFA.

Everything here is geared towards the Weegies

Thunder and Lightning
11 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Fine T&L. You too bud 👍

Pleased to hear it.

It's good when people can have a laugh on here and not shit the bed and need to run off to their safe space. 😂 

2 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Pleased to hear it.

It's good when people can have a laugh on here and not shit the bed and need to run off to their safe space. 😂 

We're just a bunch of people with different and sometimes the same opinions. 

Thunder and Lightning
12 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

We're just a bunch of people with different and sometimes the same opinions. 

Too true mate. 

On 22/11/2023 at 16:15, Nucky Thompson said:

The country is run by the corrupt SNP and football is controlled by the corrupt SFA.

Everything here is geared towards the Weegies

Don't forget the corrupt Tory govt too who *actually* run the country 😉

Malinga the Swinga
3 hours ago, Boris said:

Don't forget the corrupt Tory govt too who *actually* run the country 😉

Disagree. Scottish government have ultimate responsibility for Scotland in many areas and they are ****ing each if them up on their own.

The insistence on blaming Tories for Scotland's problems is one of the many reasons the SNP and their rapidly shrinking band of fools will never achieve their pipe dream of independence.

15 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Disagree. Scottish government have ultimate responsibility for Scotland in many areas and they are ****ing each if them up on their own.

The insistence on blaming Tories for Scotland's problems is one of the many reasons the SNP and their rapidly shrinking band of fools will never achieve their pipe dream of independence.

That wasn't my point, but anyway...

manaliveits105
10 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

:rudiyas:

9 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

The government Scotland needs & wants !!!!

No surprise! Unionists are all the same. They don't want Scotland to flourish in any way at any level. 

On 02/12/2023 at 02:25, periodictabledancer said:

There was a real chance Labour could have made some good ground next year. Then…you have the above and Starmer now praising Thatcher. 
The Nats have problems right now but must be delighted at these arseholes !

On 02/12/2023 at 02:25, periodictabledancer said:

And this. Arseholes.

Screenshot_20231203_090734_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.fc14cc4e454fc3f5bb8f7064d31c33b9.jpg

25 minutes ago, Boab said:

There was a real chance Labour could have made some good ground next year. Then…you have the above and Starmer now praising Thatcher. 
The Nats have problems right now but must be delighted at these arseholes !

Indeed. Gift for the SNP. Many communities haven't recovered from Thatcherism ffs.

Just shows how Scotland doesn't figure in their quest for power. All about appealing to maniac Tories in England. 

3 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Indeed. Gift for the SNP. Many communities haven't recovered from Thatcherism ffs.

Just shows how Scotland doesn't figure in their quest for power. All about appealing to maniac Tories in England. 

They’ll pounce on this and any support lost in by-elections May be regained. 
Sarwar will try some damage limitation by distancing himself from Starmer’s comments, you would think, but the cat’s out the bag. Was already but Starmer’s more or less put his money on English voters. 
Great news for the Nats if they play this right.

i wish jj was my dad
58 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

And this. Arseholes.

Screenshot_20231203_090734_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.fc14cc4e454fc3f5bb8f7064d31c33b9.jpg

How scary the country has lurched to the right if he thinks praising Thatcher is in any way a good strategy for attracting votes.  I doubt it will do much to gain support up here though which I would think he will have to do to win. 

henrysmithsgloves
4 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

How scary the country has lurched to the right if he thinks praising Thatcher is in any way a good strategy for attracting votes.  I doubt it will do much to gain support up here though which I would think he will have to do to win. 

th-410182792.jpg

3 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Maybe not though, mate.

Maybe he’s thinking they can sway many Tory voters down south to switch without relying on a Lab swing up here. Will never happen but a Scottish Labour break from this arsehole would shake up politics up here. Sadly, I don’t think they have the spine for it. 

Fighting the 70s again isn't going to work lads, none of even voted for Corbyn. Add in a lot of folk are scunnered hearing your generation drone on about Thatcher tbh. 

It'll have a minimal effect if any on support for Labour in Scotland. 

14 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Fighting the 70s again isn't going to work lads, none of even voted for Corbyn. Add in a lot of folk are scunnered hearing your generation drone on about Thatcher tbh. 

We're still fighting the 70s. We once had working class areas, now they're underclass areas drowning in substance abuse, poverty and crime. This can be traced back to Thatcherism in the 80s.

When I was younger, many of my supporters' bus were striking miners who fought the cops on the picket lines and booed them from the Shed at a game. They were solid Labour back then. Little wonder these areas are mostly SNP now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-40721949

Edited by Gundermann

Just now, Gundermann said:

We're still fighting the 70s. We once had working class areas, now they're underclass areas drowning in substance abuse, poverty and crime. This can be traced back to Thatcherism in the 80s.

When I was younger, many of my supporters' bus were striking miners who fought the cops on the picket lines and booed them from the Shed at a game. They were solid Labour back then. Little wonder these areas are mostly SNP now.

Ah the 70s, when there were no areas drowing under poverty, crime and substance abuse. A nirvana if you will. A utopia that only exists viewed through the sepia lense of Kickback and the nostalgia of a generation complicit in a lot of her worst excesses despite their outrage. 

Corbyn would've delivered the 70s for you or tried to. 

Did you vote for him? Nope so who cares. We'll see how long they remain SNP. Plenty of voters are opening their eyes to the SNP being an empty vessel. Without the carrot of independence to dangle to many they'd be dead. 

The world has changed and you need to let go. 

17 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Small pebbles and all that, mate.

Who knows how much affect it will have. I won’t vote for them as their desperate attempt to appeal to the right is not for me. 
I remember the 70’s vividly. I concede the chances of that society is long gone but is the answer to just accept a lurch to the right, across all parties ?

I think not. The huge amount of strikes tells me all is not lost either. My most important vote these days actually. Voting for my preferred Union candidate.

John Gentleman
On 23/11/2023 at 01:37, Japan Jambo said:

I guess the people of Scotland that voted for him are happy that he is focussed (what looks like full-time) on Gaza (which isn't a devolved matter) rather than addressing their day to day needs which after all is supposed to be his day job.

That used to be called "stick to your knitting"...

Just now, Boab said:

Small pebbles and all that, mate.

Who knows how much affect it will have. I won’t vote for them as their desperate attempt to appeal to the right is not for me. 
I remember the 70’s vividly. I concede the chances of that society is long gone but is the answer to just accept a lurch to the right, across all parties ?

I think not. The huge amount of strikes tells me all is not lost either. My most important vote these days actually. Voting for my preferred Union candidate.

Did you vote for Corbyn? Curiosity but he proposed what many on here wanted yet they still went SNP so perhaps Labour aren't trying to capture the votes of folk so ardently SNP? 

Union membership is on it's arse and their power hollowed out. It took inflation at massive levels to even get the public largely on board for strike action and even then...well...I'd have liked to see how sustained that would've been if they had to drag on and on. 

Thatcher and Reagan won. That's the truth of it and unless the left can find a transformative figure that doesn't divide people so ardently as say a Corbyn or McDonnell...then we just have to deal. That figure hasn't been anywhere the past 50 years. 

Not to mention the world has changed drastically in the intervening years. The much-loved EU for example is a capitalist wet dream. Why do you think Thatcher wanted into it? That's not to say I don't think it's without merit but ultimately one of the cause celebre of the left on here is a free market wonderland. 

2 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Did you vote for Corbyn? Curiosity but he proposed what many on here wanted yet they still went SNP so perhaps Labour aren't trying to capture the votes of folk so ardently SNP? 

Union membership is on it's arse and their power hollowed out. It took inflation at massive levels to even get the public largely on board for strike action and even then...well...I'd have liked to see how sustained that would've been if they had to drag on and on. 

Thatcher and Reagan won. That's the truth of it and unless the left can find a transformative figure that doesn't divide people so ardently as say a Corbyn or McDonnell...then we just have to deal. That figure hasn't been anywhere the past 50 years. 

Not to mention the world has changed drastically in the intervening years. The much-loved EU for example is a capitalist wet dream. Why do you think Thatcher wanted into it? That's not to say I don't think it's without merit but ultimately one of the cause celebre of the left on here is a free market wonderland. 

The EU's better regulated than the UK wants to be, why do you think the Tories wanted out?

Oh, and independence supporters are very unlikely to actively vote for a unionist, of course.