Is there anything in politics more shit than the Labour Party?

Ulysses

John Findlay
55 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

The state of politics these days...

Last time it was Bojo the clown was seen as the less bad than  Comrade Corbyn, and this time it is the rancid Tories versus the "Ready to Govern" but don't want to advertise any policies in case it costs us Labour...

Last time I voted SNP for the first time ever as the others were just so bad. This time the SNP are are bad as the others...

WTF am I meant to do? Hopefully there is an independent standing in Edinburgh SW...

I'm going to spoil my ballot paper by writing at the bottom in capital letters 

NONE OF THE ABOVE.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Gundermann

• ri Alban

• BlueRiver

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Doesn't make him a bad person, jack. 🤷‍♂️

:fonzie:

The sooner Scotland is back in the bossom of Rome, the better. 

:rofl: Folk on either side are the biggest embarrassment to Scotland.  The Dumbest in society.  Nothing a trip to Blair Drummond wouldn't sort.

:rofl:Just remembered Blair converted to Catholicism post PM. Doddsy went full staunch. 

Forgetting Boris is a Tim, tho, and Mogg and Gove and them all. Rome and India run the UK.

THE PRODDIES HAVE SURRENDERED, JUST LIKE RANGERS. 🤣

12 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Last time it was Bojo the clown was seen as the less bad than  Comrade Corbyn, and this time it is the rancid Tories versus the "Ready to Govern" but don't want to advertise any policies in case it costs us Labour...

Last time I voted SNP for the first time ever as the others were just so bad. This time the SNP are are bad as the others...

WTF am I meant to do? Hopefully there is an independent standing in Edinburgh SW...

A bit strong. What have they done that's remotely in the same ball park, as the 'Others' ? Ferries :raging:

Amazing how the anti leftists like to call the emergency services. Out sweeping the streets? No, was that.

joondalupjambo
13 hours ago, Spellczech said:

You are not alone as there will be tens of, if not hundreds of thousands of people in Scotland thinking exactly the same.  Our option here in NE Fife has been close over the last decade with it swinging between SNP and Lib Dems.  The area has a lot of tactical voting by Tories who vote Lib Dem to make sure that the SNP do not get in.  

Wendy Turnbull, Lib Dem should romp the next vote with the poor SNP showing currently but how can I vote for a party that supported the Tories damaging policies?

Labour, or any other of the parties do not have the numbers in NE Fife so who do you vote for?  This issue is real across so many wards.  A huge dilemma for so many and my prediction is that any GE voting could end with lowest ever turn out with people just not voting.  Unless things change dramatically in the next months that is.  

joondalupjambo
3 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

You are not alone as there will be tens of, if not hundreds of thousands of people in Scotland thinking exactly the same.  Our option here in NE Fife has been close over the last decade with it swinging between SNP and Lib Dems.  The area has a lot of tactical voting by Tories who vote Lib Dem to make sure that the SNP do not get in.  

Wendy Turnbull, Lib Dem should romp the next vote with the poor SNP showing currently but how can I vote for a party that supported the Tories damaging austerity policies?

Labour, or any other of the parties do not have the numbers in NE Fife so who do you vote for?  This issue is real across so many wards.  A huge dilemma for so many and my prediction is that any GE voting could end with lowest ever turn out with people just not voting.  Unless things change dramatically in the next months that is.  

Spellczech
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

A bit strong. What have they done that's remotely in the same ball park, as the 'Others' ? Ferries :raging:

What have they done? Good question...

The GE is about representation at WM. Holyrood is a different thing altogether.  None of the SNP folk ar WM are in The Scottish Government,  none. So who's going to fight your corner better. It has to be either Labour or The SNP. The other don't give a shit about the working class folk of Scotland. 

39 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

What have they done? Good question...

Quite a bit, if you want to have a look. But it's WM,  not Holyrood that's on the judgement table. The SNP at WM ain't the SG.

• 3 weeks later...
Gundermann

And, another U-turn. Is protecting bankers' bonuses really a priority ffs?

053c8d8c8b76fd05.png

The Mighty Thor

Article on the radio this morning about Labour apparatchiks absolutely soiling themselves as Labour haemorrhage Muslim support over his stance on Gaza and his lack of appetite for a ceasefire. 

Over 1 million Muslim voters voted for Labour in 2019

8 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Article on the radio this morning about Labour apparatchiks absolutely soiling themselves as Labour haemorrhage Muslim support over his stance on Gaza and his lack of appetite for a ceasefire. 

Over 1 million Muslim voters voted for Labour in 2019

If Starmer changes his stance, which of England's shiterags will be the first to call him a terrorist sympathiser?

If he doesn't, which of the UK's political parties would the 1 million Muslims prefer to see in office?

The Mighty Thor
30 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

If Starmer changes his stance, which of England's shiterags will be the first to call him a terrorist sympathiser?

If he doesn't, which of the UK's political parties would the 1 million Muslims prefer to see in office?

I'll go;

1 Mail 

2 Express

3 Telegraph 

I suspect they just won't vote. Around half a million didn't last time.

Keith needs all the votes he can get but perhaps his calculus is that media whoring is more important than vote scoring. 

Edited by The Mighty Thor

Labour should saying they put the energy cap back to before it was allowed to go mental.

Gundermann
9 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Lone candidates have damaged Labour before on similar - mind Gorgeous George in Bradford? Some independents and the Greens could make hay out of it. Wouldn't put it past the Lib Dems to wibble over on side if they thought they could capitalise on it.

As to Starmer, he's got some brass neck to still sing the Red Flag - if he actually does now? - at the conferences. Those lines about traitors and cowards flinching...

Gundermann

Even Kay Burley is getting stuck into Labour. That question abour capping child benefits but not bankers' bonuses, should be fired at them any time they come round our doors wanting our votes.

Screenshot2024-02-01at09-53-41mastodon_scot.png.c0192047356b4f33ddd93629e336ad51.png

As Mark Twain said "both politicians and diapers need to be changed often and for the same reason".

Montgomery Brewster
On 15/01/2024 at 18:45, John Findlay said:

I'm going to spoil my ballot paper by writing at the bottom in capital letters 

NONE OF THE ABOVE.

My mantra and accounts for my name on here. 

Malinga the Swinga

Back to the OP, and to answer the question, the SNP and the Green party. 

Montgomery Brewster
On 31/01/2024 at 09:54, Gundermann said:

And, another U-turn. Is protecting bankers' bonuses really a priority ffs?

053c8d8c8b76fd05.png

Blue and red tories - all the same 

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

My mantra and accounts for my name on here. 

Well you do have millions😉

Jeffros Furios

Sir Keir will stabilise the current shitshow .. decent guy who values the rule of law ..

Can't wait until he's outside No10 giving us a wee wave .

3 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Sir Keir will stabilise the current shitshow .. decent guy who values the rule of law ..

Can't wait until he's outside No10 giving us a wee wave .

Who's getting your vote?

Jeffros Furios
22 minutes ago, TallPaul said:

Who's getting your vote?

GE... won't vote 

Scot Elec ...won't vote 

Council Elections ... Tory 

Local Tory doesn't hide and shows an interest in local issues .

The Real Maroonblood
15 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

GE... won't vote 

Scot Elec ...won't vote 

Council Elections ... Tory 

Local Tory doesn't hide and shows an interest in local issues .

I thought you were ok as well.:lol:

Jeffros Furios
11 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I thought you were ok as well.:lol:

:D I'm not keen on any of them ... Tories and SNP are a disgrace , Labour MSP is a ***** 

A lot of the local councillors are weirdos with the exception of the Tory. 

Politicians put me in rage and its not good for my blood pressure ! 

Supporting Hearts doesn't help :lol:

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

:D I'm not keen on any of them ... Tories and SNP are a disgrace , Labour MSP is a ***** 

A lot of the local councillors are weirdos with the exception of the Tory. 

Politicians put me in rage and its not good for my blood pressure ! 

Supporting Hearts doesn't help :lol:

👍

I've never voted Libdem but my local councillor is very pro active and is worthy of a vote.

Does more than the rest put together. 

To answer the original question to this thread I think we can now safely say yes there is a lot of things more shit than the labour party.

Japan Jambo
14 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Well they aren't wrong that it's broken, let's hear the plan then... does it involves taking it dry from the unions by any chance?

The Mighty Thor
25 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Well they aren't wrong that it's broken, let's hear the plan then... does it involves taking it dry from the unions by any chance?

The travelling public have taken it dry from greedy train operators and shareholders and the service and infrastructure has gone backwards for 40 years so anything has to be worth a try?

John Findlay
9 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The travelling public have taken it dry from greedy train operators and shareholders and the service and infrastructure has gone backwards for 40 years so anything has to be worth a try?

As some one who has worked in the rail industry for the last Nineteen years, I will dispute the above.

The Mighty Thor
9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

As some one who has worked in the rail industry for the last Nineteen years, I will dispute the above.

You missed out on when Railtrack went bust and the government had to step in to form network rail.

Railtrack took lots of cash and did feck all with the infrastructure before going pop in 2002

John Findlay
18 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

You missed out on when Railtrack went bust and the government had to step in to form network rail.

Railtrack took lots of cash and did feck all with the infrastructure before going pop in 2002

You forget the railway was a busted flush when nationalised and the square root of **** all was being invested in both infrastructure and rolling stock.

If you want to go round the houses on this, then let's go.

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

You forget the railway was a busted flush when nationalised and the square root of **** all was being invested in both infrastructure and rolling stock.

John Major took the decision to break up the railways in 1993. It's widely accepted that it's not been a successful project.

You're itching for an argument because you work on the railway. Magic. 

The bottom line is, and it'll not take you any time to research it, there's been a lot of companies come and gone in your 19 years. GNER for one or indeed your local train operator - National Express/First Group/Abellio/Scot Rail.

Aye. Rip roaring success. 

Malinga the Swinga
11 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

John Major took the decision to break up the railways in 1993. It's widely accepted that it's not been a successful project.

The bottom line is, and it'll not take you any time to research it, there's been a lot of companies come and gone in your 19 years. GNER for one or indeed your local train operator - National Express/First Group/Abellio/Scot Rail.

More than happy for railways to be re-nationalised. Let's take this opportunity to upgrade stock, lines themselves and also the working conditions of the rail workers themselves.

No point in doing infrastructure work if employees still want the same conditions that were relevant 50 years ago but need modernising now.

14 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Just like the Navy. Good help them if they ever fight professional military.  Not wee young amateurs like in the Malvinas. What a victory that was, like Man City beating Jossie's Giants. 

John Findlay
13 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I'm not itching for anything, renationalise the railway all you want. I guarantee the public won't be receive a better service.

John Findlay
7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Just like the Navy. Good help them if they ever fight professional military.  Not wee young amateurs like in the Malvinas. What a victory that was, like Man City beating Jossie's Giants. 

You fallen off a roof again?

Japan Jambo
13 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You fallen off a roof again?

It's ok he landed on his head so no damage done 😁

Gundermann
30 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I'm not itching for anything, renationalise the railway all you want. I guarantee the public won't be receive a better service.

British Rail was operating at a profit when it was sold off to private pirates. The service has patently been crap since then.

At least with nationalised industries, we own them and choose the managers. With private owners, we can't choose who runs it and the state ends up coughing up anyway and just to line some businessman's pockets.

16 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Well at least they are copying the SNP instead of tories this time. Wonder when Starmer will U-turn though

John Findlay
29 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

British Rail was operating at a profit when it was sold off to private pirates. The service has patently been crap since then.

At least with nationalised industries, we own them and choose the managers. With private owners, we can't choose who runs it and the state ends up coughing up anyway and just to line some businessman's pockets.

I wondered when you would put your tuppenceworth  in 

Gundermann

Yet another U-turn. Even right-wing Labour supporters, like Tony Blair's PR chief are not happy. McTernan is no leftie green but he's spot on. All the Tories need to do is attack Labour and they change their policy to align with the Tories. No doubt a text or two from Murdoch to Starmer helps him along.

Screenshot2024-02-02at12-27-20Labouraccusedofmassivebackwardstepoverdecisiontodrop28bngreeninvestmentpledgeUKpoliticslive.png.5976bb7e894925200cb72342483b28b9.png

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2024/feb/02/labour-28bn-green-investment-pledge-keir-starmer-rachel-reeves-uk-politics-live?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Japan Jambo
1 hour ago, Gundermann said:

really, my recollection of British Rail was that it was a disastrous shit show, a bit like now but with the added frisson of fairly regular crashes? As for finances I thought with the railways it was a question of how big a subsidy was needed?

2 hours ago, micole said:

Public transport should be run for the benefit of the "public" not shareholders IMO.

Of course it should.

We really need to get away from this out-dated notion that nationalisation would mean a reduction in services, reliability and value for money.

Re-nationalise all the main utilities, get the right people in the top jobs, yes, paid handsomely, and remove the parasites. 
Public ownership would be a success story in this country…but with the right government. It’s not the one in power right now !