Is there anything in politics more shit than the Labour Party?

Ulysses

bobby bombscare
22 hours ago, Ulysses said:

What would you have instead?

A dictatorship made up of people who are bad and evil enough to remove democracy and crush dissent, while at the exact same time good and decent enough to care about the British people and not just themselves, their families and their mates?

How would that work?

You could have a dictatorship that is "bad and evil enough to remove democracy and crush dissent" or you could have a democracy that decries dictator led state whole ignoring the needs of the people and prosecuting their own people who's opinions differ from that of their own... democracies are just dictatorships in different clothes. The only difference is it gives you the illusion that you have a choice by letting you tick a box every 4 years to pick which party is going to do run the country with total disregard for the people. 

The tories were having parties while people were topping themselves due to the extreme isolation during lockdowns

Layout were reping expenses for second and third homes and 5 star Holidays

The SNP were buying RV's for their holidays and going spending hundreds of thousands of pounds for trips to climate conferences to stay in the best accommodation (and refusing to give the high court evidence..) 

The lib dems jumped into bed with a tory organisation that cut DSA to hundreds who needed it 

The greens are more interested in saving trees than the fact that kinds in Scotland are going home dirty, hungry and illiterate. 

Find me a non corrupt party and they've got my vote but honestly.. we love to look at dictatorships like we are so much better than them but given that we have people getting arrested for things said on Facebook? Or for asking certain questions about government activities? How are we so greatly different? 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Gundermann

• ri Alban

• BlueRiver

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 04/11/2023 at 14:01, i wish jj was my dad said:

I don't think that is quite true.

No argument with the current lot in power. They are the most dangerous, right wing extremists since the common man got the vote.

Brown was an oddball, completely lacking in empathy but I'd hardly class him as a zealot and I've still no idea what 2023 Labour stand for because they're too terrified to tell us. 

Brown took the line "British jobs for British workers" which I believe the NF used in the 70s. 

Even the Tories thought he'd gone too far.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2009/jan/30/british-jobs-british-workers

5 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Brown took the line "British jobs for British workers" which I believe the NF used in the 70s. 

Even the Tories thought he'd gone too far.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2009/jan/30/british-jobs-british-workers

Ffs are you trying to pigeonhole Gordon Brownshirt.

I give up.

Some pish gets spraffed politically but your taking the biscuit with this line .

Honest tae fek man.

😆😇😊

9 hours ago, Ked said:

Ffs are you trying to pigeonhole Gordon Brownshirt.

I give up.

Some pish gets spraffed politically but your taking the biscuit with this line .

Honest tae fek man.

😆😇😊

Couldn't have said it better.  😆

More resignations from Labour at local level.

And, cabinet level? No way, they'll have the spine to seriously challenge Starmer on this.

A number of Labour MPs - including shadow ministers - have called for a ceasefire, but Sir Keir has rejected these calls.

Concerns about Sir Keir's position are understood to go up to shadow cabinet level.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67329589

Malinga the Swinga
On 06/11/2023 at 10:37, Gundermann said:

More resignations from Labour at local level.

And, cabinet level? No way, they'll have the spine to seriously challenge Starmer on this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67329589

These are local councillors who are supposed to be representing people who live in their local area.

How interesting that their main focus appears to be thousands of miles away. 

They should be banned from ever holding any position in local government again.

17 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

These are local councillors who are supposed to be representing people who live in their local area.

How interesting that their main focus appears to be thousands of miles away. 

They should be banned from ever holding any position in local government again.

This.  

Labour have been forced into their official line.  There's no point trying to adopt a distinctly separate position because there's no international appetite for that,  yet.  Labour's position allows it to evolve into a ceasefire,  when the important players want that to be the position urged on Israel.  

Unlike the Tories,  Labour are tolerating individuals' personal opinions.  If Labour councillors or MPs insist on demanding the official line is changed then it's simply up to them to resign.  They have other representative responsibilities to fulfill.

5 hours ago, Victorian said:

This.  

Labour have been forced into their official line.  There's no point trying to adopt a distinctly separate position because there's no international appetite for that,  yet.  Labour's position allows it to evolve into a ceasefire,  when the important players want that to be the position urged on Israel.  

Unlike the Tories,  Labour are tolerating individuals' personal opinions.  If Labour councillors or MPs insist on demanding the official line is changed then it's simply up to them to resign.  They have other representative responsibilities to fulfill.

Hardly.

Labour at odds with UK public opinion, apparently but most importantly, with international law which forbids the war crimes Israel is committing on the people of Gaza.

Then again, Labour has a wee penchant for illegal wars.

Nucky Thompson
16 hours ago, Gundermann said:

Hardly.

Labour at odds with UK public opinion, apparently but most importantly, with international law which forbids the war crimes Israel is committing on the people of Gaza.

Then again, Labour has a wee penchant for illegal wars.

UK public opinion :lol:

3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

I noticed they hid Liability Angie from the front bench again yesterday for the response to the Kings Speech 

she was busy

Angela.jpeg

39 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

A poll of 2000 lefties where 58% prefer a ceasefire doesn’t constitute UK public opinion :lol:

YouGov is run by ex-Tories ffs.

:facepalm:

il Duce McTarkin
45 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

A poll of 2000 lefties where 58% prefer a ceasefire doesn’t constitute UK public opinion :lol:

Gundermann is one of those sanctimonious Corbynite bores that hates the world because he hates himself, Nucky.

On 08/11/2023 at 20:42, Gundermann said:

YouGov is run by ex-Tories ffs.

:facepalm:

How exactly would a cease fire work with a terrorist organisation that have no interest in one? Are we suggesting Israel stop all military action whilst Hamas regroup to plan their next attack.

Malinga the Swinga
12 minutes ago, TallPaul said:

How exactly would a cease fire work with a terrorist organisation that have no interest in one? Are we suggesting Israel stop all military action whilst Hamas regroup to plan their next attack.

It's not a ceasefire they want, it's Israel to lay down arms while Hamas carry on as normal. 

Hamas planned this for years by pretending to be interested in peace and lulling Israel into complacency. Then they attacked. That will not happen again.

The Mighty Thor
20 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

It's not a ceasefire they want, it's Israel to lay down arms while Hamas carry on as normal. 

Hamas planned this for years by pretending to be interested in peace and lulling Israel into complacency. Then they attacked. That will not happen again.

No it's a ceasefire that peoiple want. It's what they've asked for and it's what they've protested for. Starmer and the Labour party are being tin-eared by ignoring the groundswell from their members. 

26 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

No it's a ceasefire that peoiple want. It's what they've asked for and it's what they've protested for. Starmer and the Labour party are being tin-eared by ignoring the groundswell from their members. 

A ceasefire isn't possible.

3 hours ago, TallPaul said:

Same could be said for the Peace Process in the north of Ireland. Things are not perfect there but I'd wager that hundreds of lives, if not more, have been saved by the PP. Otherwise, we could have carpet bombed much of Belfast and Derry in an attempt to ensure the IRA or UDA didn't continue murdering?

Maybe find another solution - like one suggested by the UN and others inc UK and USA?

Meanwhile, Israeli settlers on illegaly occupied land continue to kill Palestinians with impunity and often with the collusion of IDF soldiers.

2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Only Starmer and the Tories want to continue this sensless slaughter. Many prominent Jewish Labour politicians back a ceasefire as do most of the public and international community.

The Mighty Thor
36 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Same could be said for the Peace Process in the north of Ireland. Things are not perfect there but I'd wager that hundreds of lives, if not more, have been saved by the PP. Otherwise, we could have carpet bombed much of Belfast and Derry in an attempt to ensure the IRA or UDA didn't continue murdering?

Maybe find another solution - like one suggested by the UN and others inc UK and USA?

Meanwhile, Israeli settlers on illegaly occupied land continue to kill Palestinians with impunity and often with the collusion of IDF soldiers.

Indeed. Many of the settlers are reservists in the IDF.

Edited by The Mighty Thor

The Mighty Thor
35 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Only Starmer and the Tories want to continue this sensless slaughter. Many prominent Jewish Labour politicians back a ceasefire as do most of the public and international community.

Starmer is being politically expedient. 

He couldn't give a shiny shite about Labour politicians, members, public opinion or the international community. It's all about getting into number 10.

i wish jj was my dad
10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Even Ukraine has been lost

Arthur Dailey would be more trustworthy

Malinga the Swinga
5 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Indeed. Many of the settlers are reservists in the IDF.

Top effort in making that one up. 

Malinga the Swinga
5 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Starmer is being politically expedient. 

He couldn't give a shiny shite about Labour politicians, members, public opinion or the international community. It's all about getting into number 10.

Just like Hamas couldn't give a **** about Palestinian lives and Palestinians couldn't give a **** about Israeli lives.

The Mighty Thor
51 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Just like Hamas couldn't give a **** about Palestinian lives and Palestinians couldn't give a **** about Israeli lives.

And Israel couldn't give a **** about either. 

Hence the reason they're bombing them indiscriminately. 

On 10/11/2023 at 18:13, The Mighty Thor said:

And Israel couldn't give a **** about either. 

Hence the reason they're bombing them indiscriminately. 

There's a separate topic for your silly one-sided views on Palestine 

The Mighty Thor
7 minutes ago, TallPaul said:

There's a separate topic for your silly one-sided views on Palestine 

Relevant to the topic son. 

That's how this works. 

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Tories implodoing. Keith - Hold my beer 😂

Has it ever happened that both of the main parties have been at civil war at the same, I can't recall it before.

The Mighty Thor
23 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Has it ever happened that both of the main parties have been at civil war at the same, I can't recall it before.

Not that I can recall. 

They've both been utterly shit at various times but not like this.

Starmer trying to put a lid on his MPs and front bench not for humanitarian but electoral reasons.

You can't really criticise people for standing up and holding to their principles.  But they're going to end up sabotaging the prospects of the country getting a break from the worst government in UK history,  which helps nobody at all.  A real shame.  

😂😂😂 you really couldn’t make it up 

Labour really are hibsd it 

It’ll be explosive tomorrow in the house , old grudges will be exposed and Keff will learn that trying to silence dissent has its consequences 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Not that I can recall. 

They've both been utterly shit at various times but not like this.

Starmer trying to put a lid on his MPs and front bench not for humanitarian but electoral reasons.

Same here, I can't recall either of the main parties being so bad and intent on self-destruction.

Just when you think the Tories have really fecked it up, along comes Labour to out do them.

Its almost as if Keir Starmer knows that most of the electorate down south are rabid right-wing mutants and that any attempt to appear human and normal will be a clear vote loser. 🤔

The Real Maroonblood
19 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

Its almost as if Keir Starmer knows that most of the electorate down south are rabid right-wing mutants and that any attempt to appear human and normal will be a clear vote loser. 🤔

He can’t upset the Land of Hope and Glory pish voters.

Insignificant Labour rebellion in terms of the front bench.  The backbench rebellion will be tolerated.  All of them backed the Labour amendment,  therefore all of those are signed up to Labour's policy.  Time to concentrate on the domestic front where they have a duty to the country to assume government.  

Just now, the posh bit said:

Really? 😊 

Yes.  4 or 5 front team MPs.  Insignificant.

Jess Phillips has gone.  Stood up for her principles or for her constituency view.  Fair enough.  Didn't want to govern enough to choose compromise.  A shame for any Labour voters who viewed her as a governmental asset.

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Yes.  4 or 5 front team MPs.  Insignificant.

Jess Phillips has gone.  Stood up for her principles or for her constituency view.  Fair enough.  Didn't want to govern enough to choose compromise.  A shame for any Labour voters who viewed her as a governmental asset.

Which compromise could she have chosen? 

1 minute ago, the posh bit said:

Which compromise could she have chosen? 

Labour's amendment.  She voted for it as they all did.  Voting for both amendments is bizarre.