Is there anything in politics more shit than the Labour Party?

Ulysses

4 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

My take on the current political generation is that there is a dearth of charismatic, honest and intelligent candidates in both parliaments. Listening to the Alistair Darling tributes from all parties makes you realise what a golden generation it was but from Blair, Brown. Salmond and Sturgeon they all hung around too long damaging their legacies to be replaced by the current nonentities. 

And then there's LibDem posh boy, the unhinged Alex Cole-Hamilton... in soapy bubble again. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2023/12/04/scotland-lib-dem-leader-vote-outside-bar/

FB_IMG_1701840861326.thumb.jpg.9a0541640878f55fb4bbe50d5645bdba.jpg

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Gundermann

• ri Alban

• BlueRiver

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

manaliveits105
11 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

To answer the op, the SNP and Greens are way more shit

By a country mile the standard of snp and greens is non league at best :greggy:

il Duce McTarkin
8 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Labour are warmongering British Nationalists 

You say that like it's a bad thing.

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

What do you mean il Duce? 

We need more warmongering British nationalists imo.

10 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Oh how corrupt :rofl::rofl:

Not sure he's corrupt. He's just an unhinged arse. Btw, it's Tory and Labour that seem to be gunning for him on this.

17 hours ago, Gundermann said:

And then there's LibDem posh boy, the unhinged Alex Cole-Hamilton... in soapy bubble again. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2023/12/04/scotland-lib-dem-leader-vote-outside-bar/

FB_IMG_1701840861326.thumb.jpg.9a0541640878f55fb4bbe50d5645bdba.jpg

He’s a creepy , weirdo who’s best pals with a few of the blue and green hair brigade who want to “ decapitate “ women . 

The Mighty Thor

Johnny Mercer (an utter wankstain in his own right) absolutely bang on the cash with regards to Keith on QT last night

3 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Johnny Mercer (an utter wankstain in his own right) absolutely bang on the cash with regards to Keith on QT last night

Great song writer though

il Duce McTarkin

Bint on BBC news arrempting a bit of a hatchet job on Starmer with regards to the Thatcher stuff just now, although in fairness, it did give him an opportunity to clarify. I thought he acquitted himself quite well considering he's utterly gash at public speaking on the hoof. No doubt the usual rags will twist his words, mind.

Starmer shits the bed on press reforms. Is there nothing he'd do differently from the Tories.

Despite pressure on Saturday night from press reform campaigners and Labour activists, it appeared Starmer was, however, not prepared to risk angering big media companies, including the Mirror Group and Rupert Murdoch’s News UK, in the run-up to a general election.

Starmer has made strenuous efforts over recent months to court rightwing media owners, including Murdoch, with whom he is known to be in regular contact.

The fear in the Labour leader’s inner circle is likely to be that elements of the media would unleash a ferocious pre-election campaign against Starmer and his party, along the lines of that mounted against Neil Kinnock in 1992, if he indicated he would curb their activities once in office.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/dec/16/labour-backs-away-press-reforms-after-prince-harry-phone-hacking-victory

The malign influence of press barons in this country needs to be an even bigger debate than it is.  It seems mainly focussed on individual journalists or on editors (who are having their strings pulled by newspaper owners)

1 hour ago, FWJ said:

The malign influence of press barons in this country needs to be an even bigger debate than it is.  It seems mainly focussed on individual journalists or on editors (who are having their strings pulled by newspaper owners)

Since Newspapers took off in the late Nineteenth/early Twentieth century this has always been the case. No and I mean no political party is going to curb them.

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, Gundermann said:

Starmer shits the bed on press reforms. Is there nothing he'd do differently from the Tories.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/dec/16/labour-backs-away-press-reforms-after-prince-harry-phone-hacking-victory

Ah but Keith needs to get them onside but once he's in power wibble wibble 

Boy's an utter shitehawk. 

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Keith visiting troops in Estonia in his camouflage jacket - he thinks he is pm now - embarassing . :facepalm:

Dearie me ! 

joondalupjambo

We are racing towards a possible nightmare scenario across both Governments in the UK and Scotland.

The Tories probably know that they will lose the next election and are now following strategies that they hope can reduce the seat losses.  The Liberals will pick up a lot in the Shires because they have lost faith in the Tories and they cannot bring themselves to voting Labour.  Result a nightmare with nobody in full control and all trying to do deals with each other ll resulting in even more politics and even less of properly running the country.

Up here the SNP are going to get that butts kicked with again seats falling to Liberals and Labour.  It could mean another possible limp Parly with nothing getting done due to the infighting and the politics.

That will probably be a worse case scenario but it is a distinct possibility.  Remember the grass is never always greener.

2 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

It could mean another possible limp Parly with nothing getting done due to the infighting and the politics.

Id say the SNP /.  Weirdos collation is limper than a vicars handshake 

Ha! Blair wanted a new plantation of Ulster... with Wimbledon FC. Nutter!

Former Prime Minister Sir Tony Blair was keen on an idea to relocate then-Premier League side Wimbledon FC to Belfast in the late 1990s.

Previously confidential state papers include a note from 1997 described as "following up earlier informal discussions about the possibility of an English Premier League football club relocating to Belfast".

It was said to be something that would be a "significant breakthrough if Belfast had a football team playing in the English Premier League".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67832071

Malinga the Swinga
On 06/12/2023 at 10:11, That thing you do said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/foreign-spouse-visa-uk-migration-crackdown-b2459168.html

Thats the Tories, keeping you at risk of a family split if your income dips.

What bunch of ***** these people are

On the other hand, don't come here and expect an easy ride. Earn your keep and you are welcome to stay, and most migrants do, but if you expect to do **** all, then the country has every right to refuse permission to stay. 

Bad enough the lazy ***** who were born here sponge of workers.

i wish jj was my dad
4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

On the other hand, don't come here and expect an easy ride. Earn your keep and you are welcome to stay, and most migrants do, but if you expect to do **** all, then the country has every right to refuse permission to stay. 

Does every household earning less than £38k per annum consist of lazy ***** who sponge off workers? 

That thing you do
7 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

This is not about sponging. This is saying if your household ever dips below their line (even if it was above when you arrived), your spouse will face removal.

Thats a ton of uncertainty for people to live with. And a good reason why a number will go elsewhere as the Tories want.

A mate of mine from Falkirk has a Japanese wife. They have two children.

They have been working in Korea Japan and Dubai and wanted to come back to live on Skye, but the job offer they have is under 38k. 32k to be exact, well above the previous line. They've got savings, both with masters degrees and professional jobs. Under the Tories plans they wont get in. Its ridiculous.

Malinga the Swinga
8 hours ago, That thing you do said:

This is not about sponging. This is saying if your household ever dips below their line (even if it was above when you arrived), your spouse will face removal.

Thats a ton of uncertainty for people to live with. And a good reason why a number will go elsewhere as the Tories want.

A mate of mine from Falkirk has a Japanese wife. They have two children.

They have been working in Korea Japan and Dubai and wanted to come back to live on Skye, but the job offer they have is under 38k. 32k to be exact, well above the previous line. They've got savings, both with masters degrees and professional jobs. Under the Tories plans they wont get in. Its ridiculous.

Got to have a cut off point somewhere. Just because you've a masters, doesn't mean you get special treatment. In fact, if they're only earning £32k, it suggests their maters were a complete waste of time. 

That thing you do
3 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Got to have a cut off point somewhere. Just because you've a masters, doesn't mean you get special treatment. In fact, if they're only earning £32k, it suggests their maters were a complete waste of time. 

I disagree. Have you ever been a migrant? Because lesson #1 is your home country degree and experience count less than a local one, with very few exceptions.

£32k as a migrant incomer is at national average wage and quite good to start off. It will increase with UK experience.

Im all for a line to get in. I am not agreeing with drop below that line at any time and you must leave.

No other country operates like that. Once youre in, youre in.

Also applying this new amount retrospectively so anyone under that line needs to leave that was here before the rule changed is abhorrent too.

How about they fix the processing process and deport those not qualifying that arrive as soon as possible after the boats land and fix the years long backlog?

Splitting families because they cant run a piss up in a brewery is wrong.

Malinga the Swinga
10 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

I disagree. Have you ever been a migrant? Because lesson #1 is your home country degree and experience count less than a local one, with very few exceptions.

£32k as a migrant incomer is at national average wage and quite good to start off. It will increase with UK experience.

Im all for a line to get in. I am not agreeing with drop below that line at any time and you must leave.

No other country operates like that. Once youre in, youre in.

Also applying this new amount retrospectively so anyone under that line needs to leave that was here before the rule changed is abhorrent too.

How about they fix the processing process and deport those not qualifying that arrive as soon as possible after the boats land and fix the years long backlog?

Splitting families because they cant run a piss up in a brewery is wrong.

No, I haven't been a migrant. As for line changing, sorry, that's life and things change otherwise you could qualify at start and then immediately you've secured place, jack it in and stop earning 

I do agree they should deport folk quicker but given the number of appeals and checks that are required, it's easier said than done.

You're always going to have sob stories of people adversely affected by this type of rule so I'm not going to shed a tear for people impacted.

The Mighty Thor

I see the Keith-bot was out this morning giving a key speech in what will no doubt be the election year.

He looks fine until the journos start asking questions at which point he looks like he's touching cloth. 

ri Alban

Next January before we get to vote. No doubt the English will vote the Tory back in.

ri Alban

You'd think folk would be demanding a general election, in fact kicking down the door at 10 Downing St. But naw, folk still defending Tories. That's down to how pish poor the saleability of the fecking Labour Party has been and still is, this past 14 years. I'll never vote Labour again, but fecking hell, they don't even give me the slightest urge to do so.

Edited by ri Alban

It's amazing that anyone who wins an election, referendum or whatever,  thinks the other side of the argument has to stop making their argument immediately.  No opposition parties for five years, no discussion on rejoining the EU or no fighting for Scottish independence.  Nothing. 

As for Labour,  why do they have to always have their plans written to the exact penny with ever I dotted and every t crossed, while The Tory wing it with a kamikaze pilot. It happens with the yes vote aswell, every future event must be calculated,  while the The Tory has bust the whole fecking thing.

Only a certain kind of person votes for them. 

A wee bit of hope/trust/ability/fight emanating from Labour, wouldn't go a miss. Fecking lie to us, if it fecking helps, ffs. Stop playing the Tory game. Tell us you'll reverse some of the decline they've caused or you'll spend more but, spend it better. Do something other than what you're doing, its uninspiring.

It's not the immigrants that's the problem, it's the total neglect of society by the Tory for the past 14 years.  New Labour apart from Iraq made this place , a place for everyone to live a good life. Now there's feck all for any *****. (The SNP have fecked up at times, but they can't do what a UK government is able to do, only firefight them). So Keir give the people something to vote for, stop being a shitebag, terrified of saying the wrong thing. Stop relying on the The Tories fecking it up, cause if they have a very good last couple of months, they'll be voted in again. So you better start the election campaign now.

You can what you want about Tony Blair,(He's a insert word)but he would have eaten this lot alive.

Edited by ri Alban

Japan Jambo
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

It's amazing that anyone who wins an election, referendum or whatever,  thinks the other side of the argument has to stop making their argument immediately.  No opposition parties for five years, no discussion on rejoining the EU or no fighting for Scottish independence.  Nothing. 

As for Labour,  why do they have to always have their plans written to the exact penny with ever I dotted and every t crossed, while The Tory wing it with a kamikaze pilot. It happens with the yes vote aswell, every future event must be calculated,  while the The Tory has bust the whole fecking thing.

Only a certain kind of person votes for them. 

A wee bit of hope/trust/ability/fight emanating from Labour, wouldn't go a miss. Fecking lie to us, if it fecking helps, ffs. Stop playing the Tory game. Tell us you'll reverse some of the decline they've caused or you'll spend more but, spend it better. Do something other than what you're doing, its uninspiring.

It's not the immigrants that's the problem, it's the total neglect of society by the Tory for the past 14 years.  New Labour apart from Iraq made this place , a place for everyone to live a good life. Now there's feck all for any *****. (The SNP have fecked up at times, but they can't do what a UK government is able to do, only firefight them). So Keir give the people something to vote for, stop being a shitebag, terrified of saying the wrong thing. Stop relying on the The Tories fecking it up, cause if they have a very good last couple of months, they'll be voted in again. So you better start the election campaign now.

You can what you want about Tony Blair,(He's a insert word)but he would have eaten this lot alive.

Given that the SNP has itself only paid lip service to this over the last few years I'm not sure what you are expecting from a unionist party?

Really don't understand why Starmer is being so timid, he's getting the job with a landslide he should be laying out plans for what he wants to achieve with the mandate. Given the lack of money in the kitty and the outrageous graft that has become endemic I don't understand why he isn't laying out a reforming agenda that would clean up parts of the shit show he is about to inherit, it'll cost nothing, secure a legacy and give him a solid platform for a second term. Unfortunately though deep down I suspect that he too is a man of straw.

manaliveits105
On 12/01/2024 at 11:34, Japan Jambo said:

Keir Starmer used Qatar-funded private jet for Emir trip - BBC News

Gotta love it - yet another private jet to a climate change conference. Can't help but think if they did the whole thing over zoom that in itself would move the needle. 

After Keith slagging Rishi about using private jet Laura Kuenssberg didn't miss him with this today :pleasing:

Gundermann
On 12/01/2024 at 10:34, Japan Jambo said:

Keir Starmer used Qatar-funded private jet for Emir trip - BBC News

Gotta love it - yet another private jet to a climate change conference. Can't help but think if they did the whole thing over zoom that in itself would move the needle. 

Keir Starmer ffs... the UK's great white hope...  :facepalm:

Does another u-turn on warmongering without MPs consent. Sides with Tories. Again.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67973868

Labour had an open goal and missed it. Fecking hopeless. The Tory will win England and Scotland will remain SNP. 

Oh and BTW,  A wee bit of a heads up for the simpletons.  A GE doesn't change Holyrood. :rofl:Simpletons thinking if the SNP lose seats at wm, means we have a new Scottish government. 

Dawnrazor
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

The Tory will win England and Scotland will remain SNP. 

That's how I predict it'll go, if Labour do scrape a win it'll be a tiny majority. 

Unknown user
Just now, Dawnrazor said:

That's how I predict it'll go, if Labour do scrape a win it'll be a tiny majority. 

They have an incredible nose for self damage.

2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

They need to give Scotland an indyref or risk a Tory/Lib government or revote. SNP don't have to bow to their blackmail of Back us or tory.  They'd prefer tory governments if it helps their journey to independence. 

Seriously,  how fecked up is this, if the Labour Party can't whitewash the Tory.

Edited by ri Alban

Dawnrazor
1 minute ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

They have an incredible nose for self damage.

They do, I kind of understand Starmer's approach, you’ve got to win to make a difference, but it just makes Labour look directionless and reactionary, they're in an enviable position with the state of the tories, if they can't win against this rabble, will they ever?

Dawnrazor
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

They need to give Scotland an indyref or risk a Tory/Lib government or revote. SNP don't have to bow to their blackmail of Back us or tory.  They'd prefer tory governments if it helps their journey to independence. 

Labour really need Scotland to win a UK election, they're in a difficult position there too!

Do you keep saying no, if the get a majority in Holyrood, to a referendum and alienate the Nationalists, or say you'll allow a referendum and alienate the Unionists.

14 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Labour really need Scotland to win a UK election, they're in a difficult position there too!

Do you keep saying no, if the get a majority in Holyrood, to a referendum and alienate the Nationalists, or say you'll allow a referendum and alienate the Unionists.

Labour in Scotland is 50/50 independence/Unionists.  If Labour offered an independence referendum,  they'd get the every seat in Scotland bar the odd lib and tory.