****The All In One LGBTQ+ & Related Issues Mega Thread****

The Mighty Thor

periodictabledancer

In 2017, over 100,000 people campaigned for the government to reform the act to allow trans people to change their legal gender without confirmation from medical professionals.

In September 2020, Truss announced that the Gender Recognition Act will not be reformed, despite the government’s own consultation on the matter finding overwhelming public support for allowing self-ID.

Speaking to the women and equalities committee, the minister relayed her plans to recruit for another LGBT advisory panel that will bring in a “broad perspective”.

https://www.gaytimes.co.uk/culture/liz-truss-says-fundamental-differences-led-to-disbandment-of-lgbt-advisory-panel/

So the latest hot takes -

NO PUBLIC SUPPORT - cos the 100K in England don't count.

Truss didn't like what she was told by a panel of experts so dissolved it and went in search of experts whose opinions she approves of. 

NS is the bad one for not following Truss. 

Women are at risk from "deviants " who would've only had to wait 3 months to go on the prowl meanhile Met Police officers kidnap rape and murder women almost with impunity and women everywhere continue to be stalked and murdered by weirdos and (ex) partners because everyone knows if you want to kill a woman the best place to do it  is in a toilet or a changing room. 

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Dawnrazor

• doctor jambo

• Unknown user

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Explain to me how I'd go about living in an acquired gender of a women for 3 months without boxing me in. What would those 3 months look like, what would I be doing differently from what I do today?

My day to day like is much the same as my girlfriend. We work in construction, we watch sport and films, we eat the same foods and go to the gym. She looks different to me and is a female. If I wanted to be a women, what would I do differently? Change my appearance? That seems pretty dated and precisely is boxing someone in. Would I need to be attracted to males, after all that's an historically 'male' trait, right?

Gender is made up. Sex isn't. Your now ducking questions too. What constitutes a male gender Vs a female gender? 

If someone doesn't fit into your stereotype does that make them not a real man or woman?

The point is Taffin, you wouldn't - because I presume you are comfortable as a man.

Someone who has a male body but doesn't feel like they are a man - and, c'mon Taffin, you have come across people who feel that way surely - would then, presumably, live a lifestyle that they feel is closest to who they feel they are. That could mean dressing as a woman for more than 3 moths when they leave the home for example. Then, they have to fill in an application and provide evidence to a panel of 14 'experts' who will then consider whether or not they are truthfully living as a woman (and this is not something your average abusive man would have any chance of passing).

'Gender' is just a word. All words have been made up. Historically, 'gender' is used as a collective term for describing both men and women. That 'boxed-in' definition is now opening up to represent the identity of people who prefer another pronoun or in fact none at all. It's challenging to think about and accept but things move on and change happens. The idea is to adapt our words and definitions to that changing society.

I'm not proposing a stereotype Taffin, in fact quite the opposite.

Edited by Sub4TiddlerMurray

3 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

That could mean dressing as a woman for more than 3 moths when they leave the home for example

What does that mean ? I wore a jacket jeans and trainers today to go out . Plenty women wear the same ensemble . Or do you mean “ pink girlie things “ like pink skirts heels stockings etc ( which incidentally men can wear and still be men ) 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Woman is “ adult human female “ easier to write “ woman” most people know what a woman is . 

I agree 

I'm not sure why you are saying that I haven't said anything different.

And, you are still refusing to answer the 2 questions. Why is it so difficult to answer these:

What do you think should happen for babies born with Ambiguous Genitals, where they are not clearly male or female? Should they grow up as a man or a woman because a surgeon decided and that's it?

What about toddlers that act and behave as the opposite of their physical gender and grow up feeling that they are the wrong gender? Do their feelings count? 

5 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

That could mean dressing as a woman for more than 3 moths when they leave the home for example

Btw how Insulting is that ! Really . Women is not like “ black face “ it’s not a costume you put on ! Dearie me 

1 minute ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

I agree 

I'm not sure why you are saying that I haven't said anything different.

And, you are still refusing to answer the 2 questions. Why is it so difficult to answer these:

What do you think should happen for babies born with Ambiguous Genitals, where they are not clearly male or female? Should they grow up as a man or a woman because a surgeon decided and that's it?

What about toddlers that act and behave as the opposite of their physical gender and grow up feeling that they are the wrong gender? Do their feelings count? 

Cause I’ve been busy today and also I informed you they have been answered numerous times on this thread . 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

What does that mean ? I wore a jacket jeans and trainers today to go out . Plenty women wear the same ensemble . Or do you mean “ pink girlie things “ like pink skirts heels stockings etc ( which incidentally men can wear and still be men ) 

I'm not sure what it means JJJ. I'm just talking about the Gender Recognition Act. And, I agree with you, it really isn't that straightforward for someone to prove they have been living as a woman or a man. That's also why the real abusive people wouldn't be able to prove to a panel of 14 'experts' that they have been doing so, just to get hold of a certificate.

2 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

What ! Toddlers acting like the opposite sex ? You’re at the wind up surely ? They may feel when older they are the wrong sex , but you can’t change sex , it’s innate , immutable . You can only “ feel” what you perceive to be the opposite sex characteristics and behaviours based on yes you guessed it , stereotypes . 

5 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

That’s a physical abnormality which is very very rare . It’s up to the parents and medical professionals to decide what is best for the child . 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Btw how Insulting is that ! Really . Women is not like “ black face “ it’s not a costume you put on ! Dearie me 

I understand what you mean, but, as I said, I'm no expert and have not claimed to say that. Not sure why you read it that way.

15 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

They have no choice but to grow up as a man or a woman as those are the only two choices.

The parents as well as a surgeon will decide how the baby should be brought up and the surgery then carried out as and if required. But what percentage of people are born this way, it's a pretty disingenuous to conflate people born with Ambiguous Genitalia to the amount of people identifying as the opposite sex.

Toddlers can't know if they feel male or female, they're toddlers. They'll be brought up as their sex dictates surely.

Their feeling count, of course they do but should a parent be allowed to chemically castrate a male child because they feel like a girl? 

Edited by Dawnrazor

20 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

because I presume you are comfortable as a man.

Maybe he’s “ comfortable “ as a human being ? What does comfortable as a man mean ? 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

What ! Toddlers acting like the opposite sex ? You’re at the wind up surely ? They may feel when older they are the wrong sex , but you can’t change sex , it’s innate , immutable . You can only “ feel” what you perceive to be the opposite sex characteristics and behaviours based on yes you guessed it , stereotypes . 

I have a young cousin born male that wanted to dress as a girl and play with dolls since she was a toddler. She has grown up being loved and supported and is now a well renowned musician and song writer. I also have very good friends who have two boys, 3 and 5, and the youngest one wants to be a girl and plays with girls things. I would love to see her or him grow up with the confidence to make their own decisions, either to live as a woman or a man.

There is nothing innate or immutable in life. Things are not, as you've illustrated when you mentioned how people dress, straightforward or binary. We are a complex species and we have to move away from the boxed-in definitions that the Victorian moralist put us all in.

10 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

I understand what you mean, but, as I said, I'm no expert and have not claimed to say that. Not sure why you read it that way.

I read it that way as it is insulting to

women ? The concept that is , not necessarily your comment as such 

3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

They have no choice to grow as a man or a woman as those are the only two choices.

The parents as well as a surgeon will decide how the baby should be brought up and the surgery then carried out as and if required. But what percentage of people are born this way, it's a pretty disingenuous to conflate people born with Ambiguous Genitalia to the amount of people identifying as the opposite sex.

Toddlers can't know if they feel male or female, they're toddlers. They'll be brought up as their sex dictates surely.

Their feeling count, of course they do but should a parent be allowed to chemically castrate a male child because they feel like a girl? 

Great posting 

1 minute ago, Bobilius said:

4CD09410-9FFF-400F-AEE9-15CA6DA5CE73.jpeg

Problem is it can’t be fixed in Scotland though ! Surprised by Joanna 

I have a young cousin born male that wanted to dress as a girl and play with dolls since she was a toddler. She has grown up being loved and supported and is now a well renowned musician and song writer. I also have very good friends who have two boys, 3 and 5, and the youngest one wants to be a girl and plays with girls things. I would love to see her or him grow up with the confidence to make their own decisions, either to live as a woman or a man.

There is nothing innate or immutable in life. Things are not, as you've illustrated when you mentioned how people dress, straightforward or binary. We are a complex species and we have to move away from the boxed-in definitions that the Victorian moralist put us all in.

I wanted to be the bionic man when I was s kid . My parents told me to

behave ! Dearie me . 

4 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

You’re doing it again ! Boys can amd do play with dolls . And once again how do

You “live “ as a man or woman . It’s you who is ironically boxing people into certain boxes ! 

3 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

So you know the political and democratic options better that someone who is both a QC and   MP? 🫠

7 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

There is nothing innate or immutable in life.

Sex is , 

1 minute ago, Bobilius said:

Unless you’re a fish or frog 😄

Let’s not complicate things 😂

Sub4TiddlerMurray
22 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

They have no choice but to grow up as a man or a woman as those are the only two choices.

I didn't conflate anything.

But, if that's true, then it's also disingenuous to conflate people seeking to be recognised as the gender they feel they are with the amount of people who would try to pass themselves off as the opposite sex for 3 months just to get access to women's toilets or changing rooms.

Toddlers are not brainless empty vessels. They have feelings and they can grasp basic concepts and rules. They behave the way they feel is right to them. They will just go and play as they see fit, choosing the toys that interest them, unless they are told off and made to do otherwise. By watching them play you can often see what is important to them. And, they can throw tantrums to assert their sense of self.

And, OMG, no, parents are not allowed to chemically castrate their kids and never have been.

Edited by Sub4TiddlerMurray

7 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

But, if that's true, then it's also disingenuous to conflate people seeking to be recognised as the gender they feel they are with the amount of people who would try to pass themselves off as the opposite sex for 3 months just to get access to women's toilets or changing rooms.

Toddlers are not brainless empty vessels. They have feelings and they can grasp basic concepts and rules. They behave the way they feel is right to them. They will just go and play as they see fit, choosing the toys that interest them, unless they are told off and made to do otherwise. By watching them play you can often see what is important to them. And, they can throw tantrums to assert their sense of self.

And, OMG, no a parents are not allowed to chemically castrate their kids and never have been.

I have studied brain development and child development so Im perfectly aware that a toddlers brain is like a sponge , in particular the first 3 years of a humans life . However  children’s toys / clothes should be viewed as unisex , not viewed as narrow sterotypes 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

Sub4TiddlerMurray
10 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

It can and should be fixed in Scotland. We already pass different laws on marriage, age of consent, right to vote. Why is this different?

.....because it lets Tories fire up an emotional culture war whilst they empty our pockets.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

I have studied brain development and child development so Im perfectly aware that a toddlers brain is like a sponge , in particular the first 3 years of a humans life . However  children’s touts clothes should be viewed as unisex , not viewed as narrow sterotypes 

I agree 100% with that.

If clothes can be different, why can't people be allowed to be who they are?

It can and should be fixed in Scotland. We already pass different laws on marriage, age of consent, right to vote. Why is this different?

.....because it lets Tories fire up an emotional culture war whilst they empty our pockets.

Think Alistair Jack himself just said the Scottish parliament needs to go back and change the bill.

Just now, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

And, OMG, no a parents are not allowed to chemically castrate their kids and never have been.

You are trying to muddy the waters between people born with Ambiguous Genitals and those identifying as the opposite sex.

I never said that toddlers were brainless empty  vessels, but they are toddlers that's why they can't vote or join the army, they have feelings but shouldn't be pandered to overly much because they are toddlers.

The drug Leuprorelin had been given to children to block puberty around the age of 14, Leuprorelin is also given to sex offenders to "chemistry castrate" them.

Just now, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

I agree 100% with that.

If clothes can be different, why can't people be allowed to be who they are?

But they are claiming to be another sex which is impossible . No one really gives a damn if a guy wants to wear a dress or hells , I’ve worn them myself at times . Big deal . But when it starts to invade womens only spaces that’s where the conflict arises . 

Just now, Dawnrazor said:

You are trying to muddy the waters between people born with Ambiguous Genitals and those identifying as the opposite sex.

I never said that toddlers were brainless empty  vessels, but they are toddlers that's why they can't vote or join the army, they have feelings but shouldn't be pandered to overly much because they are toddlers.

The drug Leuprorelin had been given to children to block puberty around the age of 14, Leuprorelin is also given to sex offenders to "chemistry castrate" them.

Awful regarding puberty blockers 

2 minutes ago, Bobilius said:

1B9DA1B0-560D-4209-ABB7-13C0DD8F7D63.jpeg.34b5634a2a21ff83ece283a9d2fe4fb3.jpeg

There may be trouble ahead 🎶

But while there’s music and love anc romance ? Let’s face the music and dance 

819C5181-00C9-4A33-8D64-2C32D9560ED3.gif

8 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

But while there’s music and love anc romance ? Let’s face the music and dance 

819C5181-00C9-4A33-8D64-2C32D9560ED3.gif

Not sure it’ll even make it as far as the court room shuffle at this rate if there own Women and Equalities chair is saying that 😬

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

I'm not. Ambiguous Genitalia a very real thing and affects more people than you might think.  

How many men in Scotland do you think will dress up and 'live as a woman' for more than 3 months and then provide evidence to a panel of 14 'experts' just so they can then get a piece of paper before they then access women's safe spaces to carry out an assault or cause alarm? More or less than the number of children born with Ambiguous Genitals?  

You can't have it both ways. People who are against the GRA have time and again described the alarming potential threat to women's safe places on the basis of one extreme example. Not only that, the extreme example is presented differently to how it actually was to get maximum outrage.

As for the drug Leuprorelin, I like to believe that GPs only prescribe medication for genuine health reasons but I am 100% certain that it is illegal to chemically castrate young offenders in the UK. 

periodictabledancer
22 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Because as I just posted a wee bit earlier, Truss tried the same thing in England and didn't like what her own panel of experts told her (and ignored "public opinion") because it didn't suit her world view as the minister for women.  Naturally there wasn't much (any ?) outcry on here at the time because it wasn't the nasty SNP or "Sturgeon" that was driving it.

In short , it failed in England and there's NO way it's going to be allowed to happen in Scotland, public opinion or not. 

1 hour ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

The point is Taffin, you wouldn't - because I presume you are comfortable as a man.

Someone who has a male body but doesn't feel like they are a man - and, c'mon Taffin, you have come across people who feel that way surely - would then, presumably, live a lifestyle that they feel is closest to who they feel they are. That could mean dressing as a woman for more than 3 moths when they leave the home for example. Then, they have to fill in an application and provide evidence to a panel of 14 'experts' who will then consider whether or not they are truthfully living as a woman (and this is not something your average abusive man would have any chance of passing).

That's the crux of my point though, what is the ingredients of feeling like a man, or a woman? It suggests that all men, or woman, feel the same and I just don't buy that.

The extent of the above is essentially dress like a woman for 3 months. Again, how does a woman dress? Do they all dress the same?

What about jeans and a t-shirt? I know plenty of women for whom that's their staple.

Even if I went full dress etc, if I can do that for 3 months, what are the supposed hurdles the legislation is alleviating? Presumably if there were barriers, then I wouldn't be able to do it for 3 months before I met the panel of experts.

1 hour ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

'Gender' is just a word. All words have been made up. Historically, 'gender' is used as a collective term for describing both men and women. That 'boxed-in' definition is now opening up to represent the identity of people who prefer another pronoun or in fact none at all. It's challenging to think about and accept but things move on and change happens. The idea is to adapt our words and definitions to that changing society.

I'm not proposing a stereotype Taffin, in fact quite the opposite.

If gender is just a word (my view) then there's already nothing stopping people living the whatever man or woman caraciture they choose. Sex, is different and you cannot live as another sex for 3 months.

8 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

I'm not. Ambiguous Genitalia a very real thing and affects more people than you might think.  

How many men in Scotland do you think will dress up and 'live as a woman' for more than 3 months and then provide evidence to a panel of 14 'experts' just so they can then get a piece of paper before they then access women's safe spaces to carry out an assault or cause alarm? More or less than the number of children born with Ambiguous Genitals?  

You can't have it both ways. People who are against the GRA have time and again described the alarming potential threat to women's safe places on the basis of one extreme example. Not only that, the extreme example is presented differently to how it actually was to get maximum outrage.

As for the drug Leuprorelin, I like to believe that GPs only prescribe medication for genuine health reasons but I am 100% certain that it is illegal to chemically castrate young offenders in the UK. 

You are, I know it's a very rare condition and is a tiny fraction compared to people identifying as he oppsite sex.

I don't know the figures, neither do you but there you go again with the ambiguous genitals and people identifying as the opposite sex, how many people have ambiguous genitals compared to people identifying as the opposite sex?

Women have time and time again raised the concern of men being able to access women only safe spaces, aren't women allowed to highlight what they see and feel as safety issues?

You're hopelessly nieve about GP's or Dr's , it's been well documented that this has happened and I never said that "young offenders" were being chemically castrated, I said the same drug was used to block puberty in children and also used to chemically castrate sex offenders.

17 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Yep, I've re-read it and it still only points to how the GRA would technically affect UK legislation. 

Please do quote a passage where it states that the EqA would be weakened or removes any person's rights.

You were spot on with the outlandish comment.

Apologies.

13 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

You are, I know it's a very rare condition and is a tiny fraction compared to people identifying as he oppsite sex.

I don't know the figures, neither do you but there you go again with the ambiguous genitals and people identifying as the opposite sex, how many people have ambiguous genitals compared to people identifying as the opposite sex?

Women have time and time again raised the concern of men being able to access women only safe spaces, aren't women allowed to highlight what they see and feel as safety issues?

You're hopelessly nieve about GP's or Dr's , it's been well documented that this has happened and I never said that "young offenders" were being chemically castrated, I said the same drug was used to block puberty in children and also used to chemically castrate sex offenders.

👍

Sub4TiddlerMurray
2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Actually it's 1 per 4,500. That means it affects roughly 1,244 people in Scotland.

...a very significant number more than those who would abuse the certificate system to gain access to women's safe places, I'd bet.

(https://adc.bmj.com/content/89/5/401)

The GP issue isn't something I'd argue about. It's not affected by the existence of a GRC and only stirs up emotion ...which muddies the water

Actually it's 1 per 4,500. That means it affects roughly 1,244 people in Scotland.

...a very significant number more than those who would abuse the certificate system to gain access to women's safe places, I'd bet.

(https://adc.bmj.com/content/89/5/401)

The GP issue isn't something I'd argue about. It's not affected by the existence of a GRC and only stirs up emotion ...which muddies the water

So a tiny fraction then.

You "bet" so you don't know.

You're ducking that one and avoiding answering, you said "And, OMG, no, parents are not allowed to chemically castrate their kids and never have been"

They are and have so I'm not muddying any waters, just stating a fact.

1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

So a tiny fraction then.

You "bet" so you don't know.

You're ducking that one and avoiding answering, you said "And, OMG, no, parents are not allowed to chemically castrate their kids and never have been"

They are and have so I'm not muddying any waters, just stating a fact.

all very accurate. 

9 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

No worries at all. Cheers 👍

since i answered yours here's my questions

what is a woman ?

How does one” prove “ they are another sex ?

How do u live as the other sex ?

How do you prove this ?

how can you be “ born in the wrong body “ ? 

Some questions for you to consider . 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
5 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

since i answered yours here's my questions

I'll do my best

(y'haven't set a trap for me here have you? 🤣)

what is a woman ?
Good question. Although I agree fully with you: an adult human being. But I'd add ...that identifies as a female.

How does one” prove “ they are another sex ?

Not easily that's for sure, especially as to get a GRC you have to convince a panel of 14 'experts' whatever that means. That's why I do not think people should get so fired up with rage about abusive men trying to use the system to assault or intimidate women.

I genuinely don't know but see above answer.

How do you prove this ?

See above

how can you be “ born in the wrong body “ ? 

I guess if you are born with male or female genitalia but everything else in your psyche screams you are the other gender.

1 minute ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

I genuinely don't know but see above answer.

I assume this must be defined within the 2004 Act 🤷🏻‍♂️