****The All In One LGBTQ+ & Related Issues Mega Thread****

The Mighty Thor

il Duce McTarkin

The very thought of having a roll-about with someone that was once a man gives me the boak, tbh, unwittingly or otherwise. If that makes me a bigot then I'm happy to be labelled as one and you can all **** off. 

Outside of that, I don't give ashit what anyone is or wants to be. Live and let live. 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Dawnrazor

• doctor jambo

• Unknown user

1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

Women with padded bra = same thing as trans ………….. 

amd the attraction thing is not true either.

I think there is a duty of disclosure - it’s a major thing that you are either ok with or you aren’t .

if you are, that’s fine -

more power to you , if you aren’t , same

The cloth and baubles we choose to adorn ourselves with are not evidence of our gender or sex and the same applies to make up or accentuating or covering up our body parts

Sex or gender disclosure sounds an awful lot like making people wear badges to warn others of their identity ……….. why should they any more than you or I should 

If some one told me I had to tell every one I was a hetero sexual non trans man all the time I would be telling them where they could stick that

17 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

358662D1-3D91-41AC-880D-E514B363C37A.gif

17 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

How is it "bigotry" and "hatred" for straight men not wanting to date trans men?

Does it say if the trans men have underwent the hormone and surgery treatment? Or am I a hate filled biggot because I'm not sexualy attracted to men even if they're wearing make up and womens clothes?

Thats what some militant trans declare.  if you dont fancy them your transphobic or bigoted.  Meanwhile in the real world we have a thing called " preference"  Most straight men * the clue is in the word " straight" do not fancy other men. irrespective if they have a wig or knickers on. Gay men and lesbians are also accused of this if they dont fancy a transman or woman. 

3 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

I’d have to say, that if I woke in the morning and found that I’d slept with a trans person without my knowledge I’d pretty much view that as non consensual.

Yes its deception really.  A person should be honest with you from the get go. IN particular about this issue. 

2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Pre or post op.

Its something I would not consent to, it’s not a hate thing, 

it’s just not my cup of tea, and I would have to be deceived to participate , and that lacks consent .

there have been convictions before over deception

Neither would i.  I have had to argue about this online with trans activists. NO i do  not fancy any " transman" and never will.  IM gay. I fancy other men.  I shouldn't even have to say that in 2022 

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

And consent has to be fully and freely given without coercion.

You can be heterosexual or homosexual without being a bigot .

I prefer the idea of informed consent

Yep. 

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

sexual attraction you have felt for them was based on their appearance and I would hope their personality

and also when they are naked. 

4 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

and also when they are naked. 

Absolutely and if that attraction was still there when they were naked and it was not u til you woke up the next morning that you realised they were trans then you undeniably were sexually attracted to them 

Just now, Sooks said:

Absolutely and if that attraction was still there when they were naked and it was not u til you woke up the next morning that you realised they were trans then you undeniably were sexually attracted to them 

I dont think you are really getting the issue.  

A person fancies another person ** attraction because they usually believe them to be the particular sex they fancy.  I fancy men. I know from experience than ALL men. not some have c^^^  .  Hence one of the reasons I like them. It also works the same way for hetero men and women, they fancy the other sex because of the physical appearance of them. AS well as other reasons to fancy a person. There's no arguing this.  Most people would feel deceived if they assumed the person they were going to sleep with was not the sex they fancied. irrespective of if they fancied the external shell. 

1 hour ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

The very thought of having a roll-about with someone that was once a man gives me the boak, tbh, unwittingly or otherwise. If that makes me a bigot then I'm happy to be labelled as one and you can all **** off. 

Outside of that, I don't give ashit what anyone is or wants to be. Live and let live. 

So you think that two men making love is "boak" inducing? 

10 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

A person fancies another person ** attraction because they usually believe them to be the particular sex they fancy.  I fancy men. I know from experience than ALL men. not some have c^^^  .  Hence one of the reasons I like them. It also works the same way for hetero men and women, they fancy the other sex because of the physical appearance of them. AS well as other reasons to fancy a person. There's no arguing this.  Most people would feel deceived if they assumed the person they were going to sleep with was not the sex they fancied. irrespective of if they fancied the external shell. 

Is attraction a choice though? Nobody can help who they are attracted to.

13 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I am getting the issue , I just disagree with you but may be I am a bit more woke

I do not think attraction is limited to the sex you think a person is because otherwise you would not have bi sexuals and all straight people and gay people would not care about the aesthetic appeal of each other’s faces bmi or personalities

You do not choose what you are attracted to it just happens …………… if I found my self in Dr Jambos situation of waking up next to a trans person that I had enjoyed a sexual experience with the night before and I was single then I would just accept that I am attracted to certain features and traits that were not driven by gamete formation

I would not feel a sense of shame and start questioning my sexual orientation like it was the most important thing that defined me ………. I would accept it for what it was

May be I am just older and more mature than the ignorant young lad I was in my teens and twenties 

Edited by Sooks

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

May be I am just older and more mature than the ignorant young lad I was in my teens and twenties 

Or more desperate now as your getting older so widening your " dating pool"  :) 

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I do not think attraction is limited to the sex you think a person is because otherwise

See this is the offensive part.  Sorry

Gay or lesbian people fancy other men or women.  Thats it.  There's no questioning of this.  It is their identity.  Bi sexual fancy both sexes.  Thats fine too.  Heterosexual people fancy people of their opposite sex. Thats fine.  

1 hour ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Doesn’t make you a bigot at all mate. You’re entitled to feel however you feel. If you acted on how you feel and impacted on other people’s right to live their life however they want then that would make you a bigot. You’ve stated live and let live which clearly makes you not a bigot 👍🏻

5 minutes ago, JimBett365 said:

Doesn’t make you a bigot at all mate. You’re entitled to feel however you feel. If you acted on how you feel and impacted on other people’s right to live their life however they want then that would make you a bigot. You’ve stated live and let live which clearly makes you not a bigot 👍🏻

Hes basically saying two men making love makes him sick.  And that's not bigoted? 

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Or more desperate now as your getting older so widening your " dating pool"  :) 

I did consider that when thinking about the subject but I do not think that is true , let us explore it …………

I am attracted to big hips and feminine features and I like women who have different ethnic features to my own …………… all of those things could in theory be displayed by a trans person that I met and I would conceivably be attracted to that person . If I got to know them a bit better and our personalities clicked then I would have a decision to make about whether or not the attraction I felt for them was more important than their genitalia 

When I was younger I would have still been attracted to the imaginary person in this made up scenario but I would have been too scared to accept it and go with it because the society I lived in conditioned me to think homosexuality was disgusting and wrong . Now I just realise that sexuality is a bit of a spectrum and I have a place in that spectrum the same as every one else

I am in my 40s and married with kids and I am still as attracted to my wife as much as I was when we were teens so I obviously fancy feminine women with her particular body shape and facial features and mannerisms 

Attraction does not stop when you settle down with some one or when you get older , you just do not act on your urges if it means losing what you have and what makes you happy and that for me is my family

So no , I do not really think you are correct 

11 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

See this is the offensive part.  Sorry

Gay or lesbian people fancy other men or women.  Thats it.  There's no questioning of this.  It is their identity.  Bi sexual fancy both sexes.  Thats fine too.  Heterosexual people fancy people of their opposite sex. Thats fine.  

I disagree and I think it is unhelpful to insist on labelling people by what they find attractive when a great many people do not fall so rigidly in to the categories that you deem as fine 

6 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Hes basically saying two men making love makes him sick.  And that's not bigoted? 

How about the thought of you giving cunnilingus to a woman. Does that give you the boak? Honest answer please. Because that's effectively what he was saying, but from the other side of the tracks. He was talking about the thought of himself rolling about with someone who used to be a man, he wasn't taking about other folk having gay sex.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

do not fall so rigidly in to the categories that you deem as fine 

MOST people do follow quite rigidly into the categories i defined. 

People are either gay . lesbian, bi  or hetero..  Theres absolutely nothing wrong with that.  gay people will not fancy a woman .  lesbians will not fancy a men and  hetero people fancy their opposite sex. 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

The cloth and baubles we choose to adorn ourselves with are not evidence of our gender or sex and the same applies to make up or accentuating or covering up our body parts

Sex or gender disclosure sounds an awful lot like making people wear badges to warn others of their identity ……….. why should they any more than you or I should 

If some one told me I had to tell every one I was a hetero sexual non trans man all the time I would be telling them where they could stick that

You don’t need to disclose your sex as it is presumed .

Gender is all made up bullshit.

If your sex is not what it would appear, then that is something that should be disclosed in advance of any intimacy, and I include kissing in that

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

How about the thought of you giving cunnilingus to a woman

Nope it doesn't.. Its up to whatever people want to do in bed. I wouldnt say it would give me " the boak" though.  

People are either gay . lesbian, bi  or hetero..  Theres absolutely nothing wrong with that.  gay people will not fancy a woman .  lesbians will not fancy a men and  hetero people fancy their opposite sex. 

Okay Judy if that is what you believe then fair enough you are unlikely to be going about hurting people who disagree with you so fair enough …….. I definitely disagree with you though

2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

If your sex is not what it would appear, then that is something that should be disclosed in advance of any intimacy, and I include kissing in that

Yep 

Just now, Sooks said:

Okay Judy if that is what you believe then fair enough you are unlikely to be going about hurting people who disagree with you so fair enough …….. I definitely disagree with you though

It is. Most people do too. 

2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Sounds dead romantic and full of passion 😄 

Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

It is. Most people do too. 

I have long ago realised that just because most people believe some thing at any singular point in time it does not make them right 🙂 

2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

There are plenty folk out there who would fit into your categories (perhaps you could also add asexual to the list), but I don't think they are quite so rigid in reality. There are quite a number of folk, in my experience anyway, who generally fit into one of them but who have experimented or had one or two sorties outside their normal gender attraction area. Life is greyer than the categories you suggest, and I think that's probably a good thing.

il Duce McTarkin
42 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

So you think that two men making love is "boak" inducing? 

If one of those men is me, then aye. If none of those men is me, then I don't have any feelings either way.

19 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

That's not what I said and you know it, so retract that statement and apologise now. Thanks in advance.

5 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Nope it doesn't.. Its up to whatever people want to do in bed. I wouldnt say it would give me " the boak" though.  

The bit in bold is true, but is off-topic regarding the point I was making. You're conflating the poster in question's personal feelings about being intimate with someone with a general view on a type of sexual attraction, imo. As far as I interpreted what he said anyway.

On the other hand, even though I personally wouldn't be up for gay sex, or even gay intimacy, I personally would never mention that it gave me the boak, even if it did, as I would consider this insensitive and disrespectful of those who did enjoy such sex/intimacy. I think the poster was insensitive in saying that. However, to me at least, he wasn't having a go at gay sex in general, and in particular at others who enjoyed it.

7 minutes ago, redjambo said:

There are plenty folk out there who would fit into your categories (perhaps you could also add asexual to the list), but I don't think they are quite so rigid in reality. There are quite a number of folk, in my experience anyway, who generally fit into one of them but who have experimented or had one or two sorties outside their normal gender attraction area. Life is greyer than the categories you suggest, and I think that's probably a good thing.

I agree with you on this and it is refreshing to read an enlightened opinion on the subject these days so doff of the cap for that 

13 minutes ago, redjambo said:

quite so rigid in reality

" BI " covers the rest. So everyone is mentioned in my posting really.  

22 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Why should sex be presumed ?

il Duce McTarkin
5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The bit in bold is true, but is off-topic regarding the point I was making. You're conflating the poster in question's personal feelings about being intimate with someone with a general view on a type of sexual attraction, imo. As far as I interpreted what he said anyway.

On the other hand, even though I personally wouldn't be up for gay sex, or even gay intimacy, I personally would never mention that it gave me the boak, even if it did, as I would consider this insensitive and disrespectful of those who did enjoy such sex/intimacy. I think the poster was insensitive in saying that. However, to me at least, he wasn't having a go at gay sex in general, and in particular at others who enjoyed it.

I don't like tripe either, but saying that it gives me the boak is in no way insensitive to those that are tripe daft.

So I wasn't being insensitive, I was being honest. 

" BI " covers the rest. So everyone is mentioned in my posting really.  

Not really. I could be heterosexual but have had a homosexual experience at some point with one guy whom I was attracted to. I could still consider myself heterosexual though, if I were forced to adopt a label, not bisexual as I wouldn't be attracted to men in general.

It's the problem with labels. Life can be quite complex and labelling folk often squeezes them into categories that may not represent the truth of their situation.

4 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

I don't like tripe either, but saying that it gives me the boak is in no way insensitive to those that are tripe daft.

So I wasn't being insensitive, I was being honest. 

Let's say that for some strange reason, having sex with black women gave you the boak. Would you display the same level of honesty, or would you hold yourself back since expressing opinions like that might feed into others' racist beliefs?

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I agree with you on this and it is refreshing to read an enlightened opinion on the subject these days so doff of the cap for that 

Do you not understand how offensive it can be to gay and lesbians that “ attraction “ is on “ the spectrum. “ . Some gay and lesbian struggle to come out due to a variety of reason and when they do come out they feel a tremendous sense of identity , their authentic self . Then they are informed by militants that their same sex attractor is “ on a spectrum “ aye right .  Try satin the same to straight men in regards to them not being attracted to other men . 

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Not really. I could be heterosexual but have had a homosexual experience at some point with one guy whom I was attracted to. I could still consider myself heterosexual though, if I were forced to adopt a label, not bisexual as I wouldn't be attracted to men in general.

It's the problem with labels. Life can be quite complex and labelling folk often squeezes them into categories that may not represent the truth of their situation.

Precisely and by just categorising the threads of that rich tapestry in to so few categories because that is where it is easy to place the majority then we marginalise those who do not so easily fit in …………… prejudice 

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Actually agree with that as I’ve also had a few er experiences on the other side but I am gay . However I suppose I have had hetero sex at some point . 

Do you not understand how offensive it can be to gay and lesbians that “ attraction “ is on “ the spectrum. “ . Some gay and lesbian struggle to come out due to a variety of reason and when they do come out they feel a tremendous sense of identity , their authentic self . Then they are informed by militants that their same sex attractor is “ on a spectrum “ aye right .  Try satin the same to straight men in regards to them not being attracted to other men . 

It is not just gay lesbian and bi people on that spectrum it is every one so I fail to see why they would be deem it offensive 

5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Let's say that for some strange reason, having sex with black women gave you the boak. Would you display the same level of honesty, or would you hold yourself back since expressing opinions like that might feed into others' racist beliefs?

Exactly . It was an awful comment , feeds into homophobia really . 

4 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Actually agree with that as I’ve also had a few er experiences on the other side but I am gay . However I suppose I have had hetero sex at some point . 

:thumb:

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It is not just gay lesbian and bi people on that spectrum it is every one so I fail to see why they would be deem it offensive 

Because people sometimes take years to come out due to homophobia so when they do they don’t need to be told they might not be their authentic self . They need to celebrate who they are and be comfortable with it 

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

:thumb:

And without going into detail , a mate asked me how it was “ it was alright but wouldn’t necessarily repeat it “ it did not give me the “ boak “ 

Because people sometimes take years to come out due to homophobia so when they do they don’t need to be told they might not be their authentic self . They need to celebrate who they are and be comfortable with it 

Judy do you not see that these labels are actually a construct of the very societal system that showed prejudice towards them in the first place

They are being their authentic self simply by loving their lives choosing their consensual partners based on what they are attracted to ………… if we were less inclined to categorise people so rigidly then they would not have to come out because it would just be accepted that they may be attracted to whoever and it would just be seen as normal

People should not have to come out at all …………. If we were all a little more enlightened then the categories would not exist 

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Judy do you not see that these labels are actually a construct of the very societal system that showed prejudice towards them in the first place

They are being their authentic self simply by loving their lives choosing their consensual partners based on what they are attracted to ………… if we were less inclined to categorise people so rigidly then they would not have to come out because it would just be accepted that they may be attracted to whoever and it would just be seen as normal

People should not have to come out at all …………. If we were all a little more enlightened then the categories would not exist 

Yes a good posting . I agree with that . However at the present time we are were we are . I was speaking with older gay friend who lamented the decrease in gay bars etc . I informed him that eventually there will just be bars where everyone is welcome and feels comfortable . Actually most bars are like that . A couple years back I was kissing another guy in a “ straight “ club and no one batted and eyelid . That’s the way forward . 

il Duce McTarkin

Sorry @redjambo, I meant to quote you here (the black girls giving me the boak question).

You're not comparing apples with apples.

As a heterosexual male I am biologically programmed with the irrepressible urge to stick my boaby into women. 

If I happened to not find a particular subset of women sexually attractive for whatever reason, then that would be that, but to date I've yet to encounter a subset of women with which a sexual encounter would turn my stomach.

As a heterosexual male I am not biologically programmed with the irrepressible urge (or any urge, for that matter), to have a roll-about with a man, or any subset of biological men (trans, no?).

I know that you're question is 'hypothetical', but I can't, with honesty, give you the answer that you're trying to provoke me into giving you.

Edited by Dirk McClaymore

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That's certainly the world I would like to live in, Sooks. Maybe we'll get there one day.

On the other hand, I can understand the thoughts of gay folk who are now able to come out (in some areas of the world) and who may be irked by the attitude in response "Well all those categories don't really matter anyway". It's a bit like All Lives Matter in response to Black Lives Matter. It's true, obviously, that all lives do matter and also that we shouldn't need to categorise sexual attraction, but it detracts somewhat from the discrimination in question. So, members of society who are gay and want to celebrate that fact should be encouraged to do so until they don't need to any more because it simply doesn't matter. And that extends to any other folk in society who experience discrimination. May they proudly wear their labels. For me personally though, labels? Meh.

16 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Sorry @redjambo, I meant to quote you here (the black girls giving me the boak question).

You're not comparing apples with apples.

As a heterosexual male I am biologically programmed with the irrepressible urge to stick my boaby into women. 

If I happened to not find a particular subset of women sexually attractive for whatever reason, then that would be that, but to date I've yet to encounter a subset of women with which a sexual encounter would turn my stomach.

As a heterosexual male I am not biologically programmed with the irrepressible urge (or any urge, for that matter), to have a roll-about with a man, or any subset of biological men (trans, no?).

I know that you're question is 'hypothetical', but I can't, with honesty, give you the answer that you're trying to provoke me into giving you.

I'm not trying to "provoke" you into anything, Dirk, unless we're talking a watered down meaning of the word that contains no aggressive intent whatsoever. I was just trying to encourage you to consider how gay folk could feel offended at your comment, and therefore why that comment could be deemed to be insensitive. If, after putting yourself into a gay person's shoes for a moment, you can't see how that could be the case, then there's probably nothing more I can do to persuade you, and you'll be glad to know that my "provocation" will be at an end.

4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Some folk seem to quite enjoy being categorised, but. In fact, that's all some people have.

That's a very Taoist thing to say.