****The All In One LGBTQ+ & Related Issues Mega Thread****

The Mighty Thor

Jeez life has sure changed, especially if you were conceived in 1934/35.  When in the fifties I was a patron of the Palais, the person of female gender you asked to dance, and if lucky got to take home, and if even luckier got intimacy the one thing that was absolutely certain was that your partner as yourself gender wise was exactly what you exhibited publicly. Reading this thread and some posts it seems that is no longer the way it is. Oh the Lord the gift to gie us to make ourselves for the time anyway what others see us. Man I could just see the bloodshed in my polis time in Edinburgh if suitors found the person they were moving on was of the same gender.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Dawnrazor

• doctor jambo

• Unknown user

il Duce McTarkin
23 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I'm not trying to "provoke" you into anything, Dirk, unless we're talking a watered down meaning of the word that contains no aggressive intent whatsoever. I was just trying to encourage you to consider how gay folk could feel offended at your comment, and therefore why that comment could be deemed to be insensitive. If, after putting yourself into a gay person's shoes for a moment, you can't see how that could be the case, then there's probably nothing more I can do to persuade you, and you'll be glad to know that my "provocation" will be at an end.

But I'm not talking about gay folk, I'm talking about me. 

At a time when honesty is at a premium, am I to deny myself for fear that someone, somewhere, who I'm not even talking about, and to whom my personal biologically programmed instincts have no bearing or relevance, may project my personal feeling onto themselves and take offence?

I can't put myself into a gay person's shoes because I'm not gay, and don't fancy the thought of sex with men. If it gives me the boak it gives me the boak. I doubt that I'm alone in this.

None of the above has any bearing on my views on homosexuals or homosexuality.

8 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I guess we will never really know if the fishes are happy or not, Redj.

If you are to be reborn as a fish, and you understand the concept of happiness in that reborn state, then you may be able to have some insight of whether you, that specific fish, is happy or not. Unless you're deluding yourself of course, and remembering that your definition of happiness may not be someone else's. Is there a universal definition of happiness?

Any fish apart from yourself? Best guesswork, although behavioural and brain chemistry science might be a help.

You should start a fishy thread. I can see how each question or thought generates others...

25 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

I can't put myself into a gay person's shoes because I'm not gay, and don't fancy the thought of sex with men. If it gives me the boak it gives me the boak. I doubt that I'm alone in this.

That's a real shame. Empathy, and the ability to put yourself in someone else's shoes, is a very laudable attribute in any society.

Edited by redjambo

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

That's certainly the world I would like to live in, Sooks. Maybe we'll get there one day.

On the other hand, I can understand the thoughts of gay folk who are now able to come out (in some areas of the world) and who may be irked by the attitude in response "Well all those categories don't really matter anyway". It's a bit like All Lives Matter in response to Black Lives Matter. It's true, obviously, that all lives do matter and also that we shouldn't need to categorise sexual attraction, but it detracts somewhat from the discrimination in question. So, members of society who are gay and want to celebrate that fact should be encouraged to do so until they don't need to any more because it simply doesn't matter. And that extends to any other folk in society who experience discrimination. May they proudly wear their labels. For me personally though, labels? Meh.

All lives matter was a sham mate 

I do not really think it is the same though ………. the discussion came up in relation to trans people and the disagreement over whether they should be categorised as straight gay or bi 

I have every sympathy for gay people who were forced to hide their true selves from society and just like the original gay pride event in London it is a powerful thing to come out and be proud to try and cha he society for the better

my point is that there are plenty people in the world who who do not fit so easily in to these categories and where coming out is still as hard as it was for those in the 60s and before then

Gay pride has been a great thing for helping people be true to them selves in a society who marginalised them and showed them hate and abuse

I think we need to get to a place where those who do not feel they fit in to these categories but also face prejudice can be accepted to though

The only way I can see that happening is for us to move forward from such strict labels and just accept the reality that no two people are the same whether that is their finger prints or what they are attracted to 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

All lives matter was a sham mate 

I do not really think it is the same though ………. the discussion came up in relation to trans people and the disagreement over whether they should be categorised as straight gay or bi 

I have every sympathy for gay people who were forced to hide their true selves from society and just like the original gay pride event in London it is a powerful thing to come out and be proud to try and cha he society for the better

my point is that there are plenty people in the world who who do not fit so easily in to these categories and where coming out is still as hard as it was for those in the 60s and before then

Gay pride has been a great thing for helping people be true to them selves in a society who marginalised them and showed them hate and abuse

I think we need to get to a place where those who do not feel they fit in to these categories but also face prejudice can be accepted to though

The only way I can see that happening is for us to move forward from such strict labels and just accept the reality that no two people are the same whether that is their finger prints or what they are attracted to 

:thumb:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
10 hours ago, XB52 said:

Basically every link that James posts then😊

Proven to not only be fake, but it looks credible the meme was deliberately designed to stoke division. And still there are posts further down commenting on it. 

Edited by Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

il Duce McTarkin
28 minutes ago, redjambo said:

That's a real shame. Empathy, and the ability to put yourself in someone else's shoes, is a very laudable attribute in any society.

Again, you're not comparing applss with apples.

Empathy, and a  comprehension borne of personal experience are totally different things.

So it's not a real shame, and I'm curiousbas to what your qualifications are for trying to patronise me into a guilt-trip about my in-built feelings on a particularly emotive matter? Because that's what you're doing, whether you realise it or not.

Virtue signalling by another name, basically.

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, JimBett365 said:

That’s not what he said. 

It 100% isn't, but it is 100% what just wished he'd said, just so he could be outraged.

2 hours ago, redjambo said:

I'm not trying to "provoke" you into anything, Dirk, unless we're talking a watered down meaning of the word that contains no aggressive intent whatsoever. I was just trying to encourage you to consider how gay folk could feel offended at your comment, and therefore why that comment could be deemed to be insensitive. If, after putting yourself into a gay person's shoes for a moment, you can't see how that could be the case, then there's probably nothing more I can do to persuade you, and you'll be glad to know that my "provocation" will be at an end.

Well said Red.  The negative connotation of the word " boak" and gay sex is obvious.  Words can be harmful and cause upset and distress, no matter how other may completely understand the impact of those words.  Many a gay , and me included has had it drummed into us that gay sex / people are " disgusting " or it indeed gives them the " boak"..  

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Some folk seem to quite enjoy being categorised, but. In fact, that's all some people have.

So are you straight ?

2 hours ago, redjambo said:

He seems to put himself in others shoes, judging by his postings but not a gay persons ? Hmmmm 

2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

He seems to put himself in others shoes, judging by his postings but not a gay persons ? Hmmmm 

To be fair Cuban heels re a nightmare 😄 

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

:D :byebye:

You clamped him Red. I wouldnt be bothered with his " virtue signalling "comment.  Thats the last resort of the desperate when they have lost an argument.  One can be empathic or at least try to be to anyone.  TO display empathy, you do not have to have had experience of the issue just an emotionally intelligent mind to imagine how a person MIGHT feel. 

5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Probably.

What a Libran reply ! remember sitting on the fence can cause splinters. 

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

To be fair Cuban heels re a nightmare 😄 

Ive walked along the length of Princes street in 6 inch heels ( red ones too) and managed it perfectly well.  Even managed to get a few wolf whistles. 

21 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Ive walked along the length of Princes street in 6 inch heels ( red ones too) and managed it perfectly well.  Even managed to get a few wolf whistles. 

😄 

il Duce McTarkin
14 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Nonsense.

I can understand perfectly well why a gay person might be keen on a bit how's yer father with a person of the same sex, but in this instance, a gay person doesn't seem to be able to wrap his noodle around the fact that a hetrosexual male might find some aggressive spooning with a person of the same sex a tad boak inducing - even if that person identifies as a female (which was the original point that you chose to ignore so you could have another 'outraged' rant, but which redjambo and others correctly picked up on).

It's all down to personal tastes, see, a fact that I'm clearly more comfortable with than you are.

19 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

You clamped him Red. I wouldnt be bothered with his " virtue signalling "comment.  Thats the last resort of the desperate when they have lost an argument.  One can be empathic or at least try to be to anyone.  TO display empathy, you do not have to have had experience of the issue just an emotionally intelligent mind to imagine how a person MIGHT feel. 

Red couldnae clamp himself.

:lol:

And I'm not sure why I'd beed an intelligent mind to feel empathy for how someone MIGHT feel, when the point I was making had the square root of **** all to do with the 'offended' person, or, indeed, anything about them.  

A pandering, un-intelligent mind might be more useful if that's sort of kid-glove treatment you're after.

:rofl:

8 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Nonsense.

I can understand perfectly well why a gay person might be keen on a bit how's yer father with a person of the same sex, but in this instance, a gay person doesn't seem to be able to wrap his noodle around the fact that a hetrosexual male might find some aggressive spooning with a person of the same sex a tad boak inducing - even if that person identifies as a female (which was the original point that you chose to ignore so you could have another 'outraged' rant, but which redjambo and others correctly picked up on).

It's all down to personal tastes, see, a fact that I'm clearly more comfortable with than you are.

Red couldnae clamp himself.

:lol:

And I'm not sure why I'd beed an intelligent mind to feel empathy for how someone MIGHT feel, when the point I was making had the square root of **** all to do with the 'offended' person, or, indeed, anything about them.  

A pandering, un-intelligent mind might be more useful if that's sort of kid-glove treatment you're after.

:rofl:

"The very thought of having a roll-about with someone that was once a man gives me the boak, tbh, unwittingly or otherwise. If that makes me a bigot then I'm happy to be labelled as one and you can all **** off. " 

Thats your original comment.  There is no ambiguity with that comment. 

il Duce McTarkin
10 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

"The very thought of having a roll-about with someone that was once a man gives me the boak, tbh, unwittingly or otherwise. If that makes me a bigot then I'm happy to be labelled as one and you can all **** off. " 

I wouldn't have thought so, james.

I wouldn't have thought so.

26 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

And absolutely zero wrong with that comment.

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

One can be empathic or at least try to be to anyone.  TO display empathy, you do not have to have had experience of the issue just an emotionally intelligent mind to imagine how a person MIGHT feel. 

Yet in another thread tonight, you clearly state you have zero empathy for those in London queuing to pay respects to Queen.

So your post above is clearly not true.

10 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Yet in another thread tonight, you clearly state you have zero empathy for those in London queuing to pay respects to Queen.

So your post above is clearly not true.

He is not worth engaging with.

He is all about "me" on every thread.

A very odious individual.

If someone is comfortable with their sexuality then I don’t think they would have to resort to telling people how much of a “boak” it would be to sleep with someone of the same sex. Personally, it doesn’t even cross my mind. 

I have always found the ones who have to aggressively shout out their own masculinity and heterosexuality are the ones who aren’t as comfortable with it in the first place.

“sleeping with another man give me the boak”

Why does the thought even cross your mind if your heterosexual 😂🙈 I doubt gay men or women think about straight couples having sex as boak inducing because, they don’t think about it 😂

14 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Well said Red.  The negative connotation of the word " boak" and gay sex is obvious.  Words can be harmful and cause upset and distress, no matter how other may completely understand the impact of those words.  Many a gay , and me included has had it drummed into us that gay sex / people are " disgusting " or it indeed gives them the " boak"..  

watching lesbian sex would be great .

watching 2 men at it, I’m not sure I could cope with.

I suspect that is his point.

Dick Dastardly

Seeing two men snog the face of each other would give me the boak, as would watching a man and a woman or two women do the same. Does that make me humanphobic? 

4 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Looks who talking.  

4 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

well, you would say that. You used a homophobic slur about me the other day on another thread. so, i know what your game is. 

3 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

If someone is comfortable with their sexuality then I don’t think they would have to resort to telling people how much of a “boak” it would be to sleep with someone of the same sex. Personally, it doesn’t even cross my mind. 

I have always found the ones who have to aggressively shout out their own masculinity and heterosexuality are the ones who aren’t as comfortable with it in the first place.

“sleeping with another man give me the boak”

Why does the thought even cross your mind if your heterosexual 😂🙈 I doubt gay men or women think about straight couples having sex as boak inducing because, they don’t think about it 😂

Well said. Yes the " he doth protest too much " did spring to mind.

57 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Seeing two men snog the face of each other would give me the boak, as would watching a man and a woman or two women do the same. Does that make me humanphobic? 

How would u cope watching sex then ? :) dearie me .. rather fragile 

5 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Why would i want to watch? 

I didnt  say you would I was saying that you appear so fragile about seeing two people kissing therefore i questioned what you may be like if you saw two people having sex. Thats all

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

Dick Dastardly
13 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I didnt  say you would I was saying that you appear so fragile about seeing two people kissing therefore i questioned what you may be like if you saw two people having sex. Thats all

If they were kissing while having sex I'd probably get the boak. 

I disagree with Judy on the trans thing but is this not all a bit grim ?

I am assuming he is gay so repeatedly saying that the thought of him being affectionate with his partner is vomit inducing does seem very offensive to me

I get that folk are just being honest but it probably is not necessary to keep saying it and using it as a way to demean him 

Apologies if I have missed the joke or if I am not aware of a long running back story …………. just does not sit very well 

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I disagree with Judy on the trans thing but is this not all a bit grim ?

I am assuming he is gay so repeatedly saying that the thought of him being affectionate with his partner is vomit inducing does seem very offensive to me

I get that folk are just being honest but it probably is not necessary to keep saying it and using it as a way to demean him 

Apologies if I have missed the joke or if I am not aware of a long running back story …………. just does not sit very well 

Thank you.  You at least get it. It is offensive, demeaning and upsetting but that doesn't seem to bother some on this from posting their hateful comments. 

53 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

There was discussion on the thread at the time concerning a straight male getting jiggy with someone they thought was a female and subsequently having it sprung on them (maybe quite literally), that their partner was in fact a biological man.

Some think that this is an important distinction, other do not. I'm in the important distinction camp as the thought of me, personally, myself and nobody else, bumping uglies with a biological man gives me the boak.

Nobody mentioned gay couples having sex being boak inducing apart from james, because he's looking for things that aren't there in order to cause trouble and be offended.

Although completely unrelated to any point that I was making, I'd be cool with watching a couple of hot lesbians going at it because I'm irresistibly attracted to the female form. Two blokes having a roll about doesn't bother me in the slightest, but I wouldn't watch it on the grounds that I'm in no way turned on by the prospect of two blokes getting their rocks off. I'd assumed that this would be fairly standard for the average heterosexual male.

Nobody said anything about the thought of anyone being affectionate with their partner being vomit inducing. James made all of that up because he's an on-line attention whore with a persecution complex when it suits him.

It’s really very clear And explicit what you said and meant . I wasn’t the only one who noticed it . Stop trying to worm out of it . And stop gaslighting me. I have no persecution complex , I’ll challenge homophobia as and when I see it and will continue to do so , irrespective of what you and others may think .  Your “ edgy “ comments about various issues are , well not that edgy , merely offensive and not even funny . You mask much of your object able comments with this so called “ humour “ . This allows you to make this comments but with the wee get out clause of it’s “all a bit of banter” or “ edgy “ . Frankly it’s boring. 

as for the “ online attention whore “ comment  ! Fairly foul comment . 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

"Your “ edgy “ comments about various issues are , well not that edgy , merely offensive"

😲

Absolutely astonishing brass neck after half the guff on this thread.😄

il Duce McTarkin
34 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

It’s really very clear And explicit what you said and meant . I wasn’t the only one who noticed it . Stop trying to worm out of it . And stop gaslighting me. I have no persecution complex , I’ll challenge homophobia as and when I see it and will continue to do so , irrespective of what you and others may think .  Your “ edgy “ comments about various issues are , well not that edgy , merely offensive and not even funny . You mask much of your object able comments with this so called “ humour “ . This allows you to make this comments but with the wee get out clause of it’s “all a bit of banter” or “ edgy “ . Frankly it’s boring. 

image.jpeg.ebeb24150d687a8efe49153957893caf.jpeg

6 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yep

I think that’s an awful tweet by A Christopher

I have no desire to check out the veracity of what he claims trans people are doing but I highly suspect he is accusing them of things far worse than reality and based on very rare incidents 

When I was a kid in the eighties people were accusing gay men of all kinds of things as a way to demonise them and even if there was the odd isolated incident that led to such claims they were not the norm

I think that is a dreadful thing for him to level at a group of very diverse people who for the vast majority would be absolutely sickened to be accused of such things 

1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

It was very clear what he said and there was nothing wrong with it. You tried (and failed) to put words in his mouth.

5 minutes ago, JimBett365 said:

It was very clear what he said and there was nothing wrong with it. You tried (and failed) to put words in his mouth.

I wouldn't put anything in his mouth, and you need to analyse postings more comprehensively. 

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I think that’s an awful tweet by A Christopher

I have no desire to check out the veracity of what he claims trans people are doing but I highly suspect he is accusing them of things far worse than reality and based on very rare incidents 

When I was a kid in the eighties people were accusing gay men of all kinds of things as a way to demonise them and even if there was the odd isolated incident that led to such claims they were not the norm

I think that is a dreadful thing for him to level at a group of very diverse people who for the vast majority would be absolutely sickened to be accused of such things 

I cant recall gay or lesbian activists in the 80s 90s trying to stop females from expressing their legitimate views in a public arena. Also using abuse and violence. 

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I have no desire to check out the veracity of what he claims trans people are doing

says it all really 

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I wouldn't put anything in his mouth, and you need to analyse postings more comprehensively. 

He said the thought of him having sex with a man gave him the boak.

You claimed he said the thought of any two men having sex gave him the boak.

Two completely different things. You’re either deliberately or accidentally conflating the two. You owe him an apology to be honest. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
3 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

says it all really 

And yet when the veracity of the Seth Dillon tweet you shared was checked, and then not only proven to be fake but also shown to probably have been made up on 4Chan to deliberately promote hatred and division, you didn't retract. Said nothing in fact. Don't blame that poster for not bothering. 😄