.net delusion

iantjambo

Lee Johnson played an absolute blunder getting 4 year contracts for himself and his staff. 

By the same token, what the **** was Crooked Ron thinking handing out that sort of contract??? Lee Johnson is their 24th manager in the last 21 years. In that time, not a single manager has made it to the 3 year mark. And they’re suddenly handing out 4 year contracts???

if they want rid of Johnson at his staff then that’s the Doig money wiped immediately. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• martoon

• vegas-voss

• Pasquale for King

6 minutes ago, RobNox said:

It is certainly still toxic at the moment, and I must admit I haven't noticed any signs of sanitising going on after a bad result, of which there have been many in recent times.  There will always be a few posters trying to defend things, but the vast majority of posts are critical, they just can't seem to agree if the fault lies with the owner and his laddie, the current manager, or the latest crop of shite players.  The more astute of them agree that it's all of the above.

There will be a sweep through and the really poisonous posts will be removed.  St Johnstone must be whetting their lips thinking about hosting them on day 1.  It’ll be interesting to see what the bookies odds are on them getting a beasting.  I reckon they are in for a hard season no matter who is in charge down there.  What a collection of absolute crap they have managed to put together in that huge squad.

5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Aidan Mcgeady looks to me like he’s going to be the Hibs equivalent of Glenn Whelan. Utterly honking signing

Desperately hoping he is on the pitch vs us getting absolutely battered. Would be delighted to retire him just like we retired Scott Brown 

You could be right, and I hope you are.  It's certainly shaping up that way.

Their recruitment in general is something they've been complaining about since last summer.  It does look to be a scattergun approach, signing players because they are available rather than establishing a style of play and formation(s) that they then focus their recruitment on.

In many ways, they are like we were not too long ago, before Joe came in and brought some strategic thinking to our recruitment.  

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if those shitehawks somehow sneak through to the next round. A Clyde win vs Falkirk in an all League One clash isn't quite the miracle people are making it out to be.

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, RobNox said:

You could be right, and I hope you are.  It's certainly shaping up that way.

Their recruitment in general is something they've been complaining about since last summer.  It does look to be a scattergun approach, signing players because they are available rather than establishing a style of play and formation(s) that they then focus their recruitment on.

In many ways, they are like we were not too long ago, before Joe came in and brought some strategic thinking to our recruitment.  

Ironically with such a massive squad the wheels still come completely off their team with the loss of 1 player, Nesbitt. 

38 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yes it is basically a propaganda site 

36 minutes ago, Pap said:

After the 5-1 cup final. They removed a few hundred anguished posts from their match thread to make it seem like they played well and just didnt take their chances.

They have a bizarre fear of people looking in and laughing at them.

They have a proper modern website and can take at least 5,000 viewers so the "interlopers slowing the website down" is just lies.

26 minutes ago, Deevers said:

They do indeed.  One of my friends who is a die hard Hibbee (a poor deluded soul) reckons they are in the pay of the board and go overboard to get rid of overly critical posts. It’ll be interesting to have a look when lockdown is over to see how sanitised it is. I believe it was absolutely toxic just after full time. 

that's really really weird....but then that's h1b5 for you I guess....

Just now, Jim Panzee said:

that's really really weird....but then that's h1b5 for you I guess....

A support like no other

Jambo-Jimbo
1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Did they really miss four pens?

No only the first 3, 2 were saved and porty's nearly hit the space station. :laugh:

13 minutes ago, Deevers said:

There will be a sweep through and the really poisonous posts will be removed.  St Johnstone must be whetting their lips thinking about hosting them on day 1.  It’ll be interesting to see what the bookies odds are on them getting a beasting.  I reckon they are in for a hard season no matter who is in charge down there.  What a collection of absolute crap they have managed to put together in that huge squad.

Just checked, generally 13/8 both teams to win and 2/1 the draw.

Edited by Jambo314

10 minutes ago, Deevers said:

You may be right.  I guess as I'm registered on the site, I get to revel in the seethe that goes on after their latest bad result while the site is still in lockdown to non-registered users and before any cleansing has taken place prior to coming out of lockdown.

55 minutes ago, john thomas said:

The result alone is a highlight surely

I suffer from aphantasia - I need to see it to truly appreciate it!

Jambo-Jimbo

I only watched the last 30 mins (after our game switched to the FA Cup Final), and if that's their team, by feck they are going to struggle this season.

Henderson looked to be the only half decent player they have, as for Rocky, Tavares, Bojong & Melkerson. :rofl:

And they seemingly called in lots of favours to get work permits for Tavares & Bojong :rofl::rofl:

Please Hibs never change.

1 hour ago, mickycameron98 said:

Am I right in saying if Falkirk get just a point on Saturday and a couple of other teams win that are expected to in other groups then the Hibs are oot? 

Their chances of getting one of the three best runner up spots, are virtually zilch.

So yes, they need a favour from the mighty Clyde.

Cathro-esque stuff from Johnson.

Blaming the ref for Hibs' inability to get a late winner is bad enough but a nonexistent 4th official?

Bizarre stuff.

The next few weeks (I doubt he'll last longer) promises much in the way of comedy.

Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I only watched the last 30 mins (after our game switched to the FA Cup Final), and if that's their team, by feck they are going to struggle this season.

Henderson looked to be the only half decent player they have, as for Rocky, Tavares, Bojong & Melkerson. :rofl:

And they seemingly called in lots of favours to get work permits for Tavares & Bojong :rofl::rofl:

Please Hibs never change.

Some on fuds.net reckon Rocky was their best player and the only starting outfield player to warrant pass marks.  This is a guy they didn't even want to keep ffs.

john thomas
7 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I suffer from aphantasia - I need to see it to truly appreciate it!

I understand 

1 minute ago, RobNox said:

Some on fuds.net reckon Rocky was their best player and the only starting outfield player to warrant pass marks.  This is a guy they didn't even want to keep ffs.

It’s actually quite funny seeing them trying to convince themselves that he’s a good player.

I can’t wait to hear them after he’s played a few more league games :rofl:

Just now, john thomas said:

I understand 

Haha, I'm the same with muck.  Terrible not being able to picture certain things!

5 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

It’s actually quite funny seeing them trying to convince themselves that he’s a good player.

The greatest come back since ............................. well Rocky actually 

Anyone got any good gems from .net?

Not even a locksmith is getting in there right now. 

Bold? Prediction

This time next year we’ll be preparing for another Championship campaign, having gone down at the hands of Leanne Dempster’s Queen’s Park. Lee Johnson will be long gone, and hopefully a large swath of this ridiculously inadequate squad. Ron Gordon is out of his depth, and unfortunately we’re now closer to going back down than building off the back of any post cup gains. That’s it for me. Off to touch grass and enjoy the simple life. Me heart can nae longer handle the perpetual disappointment this regime subjects us to.

1 hour ago, The Tackle said:

I couldn’t read that, the ads are a nightmare 

Some of the posts raise a snigger. For example:-

"That's the difference with us we don't define ourselves on 4 Edinburgh derbies a season ( thankfully). And no it doesn't mean they want it more they're just obsessed with Hibs. When we're a better team we'll generally win and vice versa which is bourne out by the record over the last 20-25 since they stopped robbing charities and became the nations sweethearts."

Talk about being confused? 😁

1 hour ago, Pap said:

They have a proper modern website and can take at least 5,000 viewers so the "interlopers slowing the website down" is just lies.

"Proper modern website" that looks like dugsh*te with the overuse of green, badly formatted threads, 2005-esque forum skin and low quality JPEG images used for the banners etc

Even the font they use for the GIF on the main page in the top left looks like something a wee Leith jakey has spray painted on the side of the banana flats after a weekend hitting the pipe down the docks.

Wild stuff isn't it...

58 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

Lee Johnson played an absolute blunder getting 4 year contracts for himself and his staff. 

By the same token, what the **** was Crooked Ron thinking handing out that sort of contract??? Lee Johnson is their 24th manager in the last 21 years. In that time, not a single manager has made it to the 3 year mark. And they’re suddenly handing out 4 year contracts???

if they want rid of Johnson at his staff then that’s the Doig money wiped immediately. 

And yet we STILL have fans moaning about Robbie, Gordy/Gogs and Jig 🤣

Edited by dannymack

2 minutes ago, dannymack said:

And yet we STILL have fans moaning about Robbie, Gordy and Jig 🤣

Wonder how long Sneaky Steve Keans contract is

8 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Some of the posts raise a snigger. For example:-

"That's the difference with us we don't define ourselves on 4 Edinburgh derbies a season ( thankfully). And no it doesn't mean they want it more they're just obsessed with Hibs. When we're a better team we'll generally win and vice versa which is bourne out by the record over the last 20-25 since they stopped robbing charities and became the nations sweethearts."

Talk about being confused? 😁

Anyone got the record for the last 20-25 derbies?

4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Stole from another kickbacker (can't mind the name, so apologies to him/her):

1990s
Hearts 18
Hibs 6
Draw 13

2000s
Hearts 14
Hibs 11
Draw 13

2010s
Hearts 17
Hibs 10
Draw 11

2020s
Hearts 3
Hibs 0
Draw 2

1 minute ago, Armageddon said:

"We need to talk about Lee" Hahahaha

image.thumb.png.d694be32fc14c70f878bd9e437b7d635.png

The words in the wee grey box are ironic 😂

42 minutes ago, RobNox said:

40 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Just off the top of my head:-

Towards the end of the 1st half, and within the space of maybe 10 minutes, Rocky fouled a player thus giving Morton posession just outside their (Morton's) box; fouled a player in midfield thus allowing Morton to push up; then fouled a player in the final 3rd thus allowing Morton to launch one into the box.

It looks like drawing fouls from him will be a piece of cake.

Edited by Wee Mikey

17 minutes ago, Halliphax said:

"Proper modern website" that looks like dugsh*te with the overuse of green, badly formatted threads, 2005-esque forum skin and low quality JPEG images used for the banners etc

Even the font they use for the GIF on the main page in the top left looks like something a wee Leith jakey has spray painted on the side of the banana flats after a weekend hitting the pipe down the docks.

Wild stuff isn't it...

I was more meaning the background stuff. Its spec. Not how it appears.

9 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I bet of all those threads the one titled a bit of perspective is where the real poison lurks 

Hungry hippo
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Did they really miss four pens?

I think that 4 missed pens was mentioned because including McGeady's penalty against Bonnyrigg they'd missed 4 in a row.

9 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Bear in mind that most of these games were over the worst periods in our recent history and when we were at our lowest ebb. Admin/Cathro/Levein/Stendel etc. Also it’s generally agreed by our green neighbours that they had the best team they’ve had in generations. 

Hearts wins 9

Hibs wins 7

Draws 9

Funny really but not surprising.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I bet of all those threads the one titled a bit of perspective is where the real poison lurks 

image.thumb.png.baf0b67d168a8f0ff2f85c293c5d3880.png

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

My favourite was "is it too late to cancel season ticket".

19 minutes ago, Sooks said:

11080D3B-35E3-4FF6-B73A-ABF65DB50B1C.png

“Baptism of fire” :rofl:

They we’re playing Falkirk, Morton, Clyde and Bonnyrigg ffs

:rofl:

Edited by iantjambo

Pasquale for King
40 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Is it too late to cancel a season ticket is my person favourite 🤣

N Lincs Jambo
37 minutes ago, Halliphax said:

Stole from another kickbacker (can't mind the name, so apologies to him/her):

1990s
Hearts 18
Hibs 6
Draw 13

2000s
Hearts 14
Hibs 11
Draw 13

2010s
Hearts 17
Hibs 10
Draw 11

2020s
Hearts 3
Hibs 0
Draw 2

Pity you left out the 1980s! Interesting to note that even if we just go back as far as the 1990s, in terms of completed decades worth of results, we're actually already ahead of how many decades where they have won more derbies in the entire history of the fixture! The two decades where they came out on top were the 1920s and (older Jambos won't be surprised at the other one) the 1970s.

12 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

11080D3B-35E3-4FF6-B73A-ABF65DB50B1C.png

“Baptism of fire” :ROFL:

They we’re playing Falkirk, Morton, Clyde and Bonnyrigg ffs

:ROFL:

Brilliant isn't it!  I mean, is it a baptism of fire cos Lewis Stevenson is injured?  He seems to think that!  Or a baptism of fire that Porteous is actually shite?

I think the time lapsed between baptism and wake may be tear jerking for LJ.  Well, in actual fact like the last 48 managers they've had in the last few years, he'll be happy enough to have his contract paid up!

indianajones

Just noticed the date Lee Johnson was appointed the manager of Hibernian FC.

19th of May 2022. The ten year anniversary. 

Written in the stars as to how this is ending. 

2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Just noticed the date Lee Johnson was appointed the manager of Hibernian FC.

19th of May 2022. The ten year anniversary. 

Written in the stars as to how this is ending. 

That surely can’t be true 😂😂😂F4725F6C-2F5B-40D9-B73D-416BE0F690D5.gif.fe4153c35f66084ec67f322699a7fa8a.gif

AC Mallin_51

What’s fantastic is that the similarities between hibs at the minute to us under Cathro/Levien is staggering. The steep decline they made in the league to skulking about mid to table to crashing out the league cup to lower league sides the following season. We all saw our decline coming and the fact we ended up where we where was coming. I genuinely think unless they can turn around something quickly they are in trouble this year

Edited by AC Mallin_51