.net delusion

iantjambo

25 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Signed from Bristol City. So can't be that bad.

What's that? Where did his dad work a few jobs ago?

That should help squad harmony 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• martoon

• vegas-voss

• Pasquale for King

hereford_hearts

I see hibs have signed a catering deal worth £10m over 9 years. I hope someone told the catering company the descrepancy between the official reported attendance and actual bums on seats. 

Do you think they will be disappointed when they realise, that there's not 18k in the stadium every week clamouring to buy a pie and borvil, but more like 9k?

loveofthegame
3 minutes ago, hereford_hearts said:

I see hibs have signed a catering deal worth £10m over 9 years. I hope someone told the catering company the descrepancy between the official reported attendance and actual bums on seats. 

Do you think they will be disappointed when they realise, that there's not 18k in the stadium every week clamouring to buy a pie and borvil, but more like 9k?

I also read that this has resulted in food at the stadium more than doubling in price- not sure if entirely accurate. 

1 hour ago, loveofthegame said:

I also read that this has resulted in food at the stadium more than doubling in price- not sure if entirely accurate. 

But to compensate for the higher prices, the rat droppings are included free of charge.

Smoked-Glass
46 minutes ago, superjack said:

But to compensate for the higher prices, the rat droppings are included free of charge.

They are tom kyte 

Edited by Smoked-Glass

Percival King
2 hours ago, hereford_hearts said:

And after their next derby humiliation they will no doubt drag out this catering deal as yet another example of how, despite again getting embarrassed by us, they are still a bigger club than us. Apparently things like that are more important to them than trivialities like on-field results and league positions. "Those yams have gubbed us yet again, but we have 3 varieties of quiche and all they have is a hotdog"

Smoked-Glass
23 minutes ago, Percival King said:

And after their next derby humiliation they will no doubt drag out this catering deal as yet another example of how, despite again getting embarrassed by us, they are still a bigger club than us. Apparently things like that are more important to them than trivialities like on-field results and league positions. "Those yams have gubbed us yet again, but we have 3 varieties of quiche and all they have is a hotdog"

Let's continue to be quietly confident in the derby.  Over confidence causes complacicy 

2 hours ago, loveofthegame said:

Funny you said this. A Hibs mate told me yesterday hospitality has went up from £130 per game to over £200

21 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Let's continue to be quietly confident in the derby.  Over confidence causes complacicy 

Exactly this. Let's do our crawing after the win

They’ve signed a rake of players at a cost yet it seems they have almost the same starting 11 as last year 🤷‍♂️

Percival King
52 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

True, but I didn't say it will be the next derby or the one after that or even this season but history tells us that it will happen at some point. 

25 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

They’ve signed a rake of players at a cost yet it seems they have almost the same starting 11 as last year 🤷‍♂️

Three of them awaiting work permits.I have no idea how they will manage to get the African player from Rainbow FC one who was on loan to a Portuguese 3rd Division team last year and only managed 6 games.

I do not think fan over confidence has even a tiny negative impact on results to be honest ....................... it could lead to fans being left looking daft but as long as you can handle that then what is the harm and in fact if any thing a confident support is more likely to urge the team on to victory

11 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Three of them awaiting work permits.I have no idea how they will manage to get the African player from Rainbow FC one who was on loan to a Portuguese 3rd Division team last year and only managed 6 games.

My thoughts.  He meets none of the basic criteria needed. 

However I am mindful of saga around the Dundee Utd's Jason Scotland work permit refusal by the assessment panel, which was peppered by ex-Hibbees under the chairmanship of the 'tache.  Utd had just knocked Hibs out of the 2005 Scottish Cup semi-final by a Jason Scotland goal.  Utd were refused a permit for Scotland, but St Johnstone (then in Championship) were successful when they applied for him.

Smoked-Glass
44 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I do not think fan over confidence has even a tiny negative impact on results to be honest ....................... it could lead to fans being left looking daft but as long as you can handle that then what is the harm and in fact if any thing a confident support is more likely to urge the team on to victory

Cool. Yea I was kinda thinking of the team.  I'm confident 

11 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Cool. Yea I was kinda thinking of the team.  I'm confident 

The management team will have the boys at the correct level of preparation and I am more concerned with Hibs employing more of the clogging that they favoured in the semi than I am of any thing they have in their team .......................... McKay in particular was less effective after getting booted about a couple of times

27 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

This is hopefully Hibs new signing. Guy is a natural 

What a clearance! 

4 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Imagine waiting on a work permit and the destination is Hibs…. They’ve probably “lost” it in the post 😂

Smoked-Glass
5 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Imagine waiting on a work permit and the destination is Hibs…. They’ve probably “lost” it in the post 😂

Yea.  Rather be on the dole

22games nro
8 hours ago, hereford_hearts said:

some eye opening remarks from the 1st day it went live

Can I be the first to moan. Kids hotdog, chips and a drink last season £4 odds with ST holder discount. Today, over £10.

I don’t think any contributor on here will think that’s remotely acceptable.

We also apparently have a new policy - ‘1 napkin policy’. Chronic!

Asked for a chicken curry pie, was told they were out. Asked for a macaroni pie instead, got one, turned out to be a chicken curry pie.

The queue was bigger than the baggage reclaim at Edinburgh airport.

Re’ their catering deal , if it’s too good to be true it usually is. 
There must be caveats in that deal. Approx £1m up front a season ? I don’t think so. 

18 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Re’ their catering deal , if it’s too good to be true it usually is. 
There must be caveats in that deal. Approx £1m up front a season ? I don’t think so. 

Their fans are not overly happy with the prices 

Drew Wallace

Worth a massive £2k a week over that period give or take 

3 minutes ago, Drew Wallace said:

Worth a massive £2k a week over that period give or take 

I think your sums are a bit out. 

59 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

I think your sums are a bit out. 

26 minutes ago, SCFHearts said:

Sorry jumped the gun there 

Speaking on behalf of Drew Wallace?

53 minutes ago, SCFHearts said:

Correct i was at work and use my sons now and then 

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Why would you use your sons account whilst at work?

Ron the Con what a guy at least dick Turpin wore a mask 

Edited by tntjambo

Naisys Tackle
57 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Why would you use your sons account whilst at work?

Guy joined this year so maybe used his sons account to post before deciding to sign up and was still signed in at the office under his original log in?  Seems innocent enough as nothing controversial has ever come from either?

Working around Portobello,Joppa and Leith yesterday- lots of new Hibs tops on show in the sunshine- amazing how a 5-0 win has them crawling out the woodwork- I suppose they should get the wear out of them just now before they have to hide them at the back of the drawer when the inevitable Autumn collapse happens.

On 11/07/2022 at 05:43, Smoked-Glass said:

This is hopefully Hibs new signing. Guy is a natural 

A bit of match fixing going on there?

Ronald Villiers

The Leith Brazil seem to be struggling at Falkirk tonight.  Apparently Falkirk should be 4-0 up and that lot haven't had a shot on target yet.  Nearly 40 mins played.  Cancel that, 1-0 Falkirk.

LJ likely alienating the squad already 🤣🤣 with his comments. Wonderful. What he did at his previous clubs. When it goes well it’s an orgy. When they get beat it’s a kick in 🤣🤣