• ri Alban

• Ked

• The Real Maroonblood

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Stop clogging up thread with facts. 

Exactly it’s the (good guys not commie scum) Unions v the bloody tories

3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

This could be a real domino effect now, must be the worry. 

Pressure on the Tories. Quite rightly so.

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Pressure on the Tories. Quite rightly so.

Shapps will bullishly announce a post office only sold 12 stamps in a month

2 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

The more wages go up the higher inflation gets leading to more of the above. Something's got to give 

Inflation went up without the wages going up, aye, but it's the working man's fault.

2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Have Scottish government destroyed ScotRail then?

Seriously bud. Give them time. :)

it's signal workers on strike up here, the drivers were last month? This is the low paid, who are shat on, year after year.

3 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

Not that simple though.

If your employer wants you to start working a Sunday there needs to be a financial incentive imo.

Also safety critical staff on 4 day weeks,one week you are early the next lates. They need 12 hours between shifts so Sundays are generally used as a buffer. So changing to working Sundays would require more staff etc.

The incentivised part of working a Sunday is where we obviously disagree. It should be just another day as part of your rota. Retail and leisure seems to have made this change as times have changed. Every time the rail industry tries to adapt it is met with uproar and strikes. I’m not saying it’s easy or completely fair and there should certainly be a buffer period where incentives are phased out. Times change and employees should be willing to change with the conditions the industry face. 

Ainsley Harriott
6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Inflation went up without the wages going up, aye, but it's the working man's fault.

The more we pay staff the more expensive things become. My point being giving everyone a substantial pay rise will send inflation even higher 

dobmisterdobster
7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

it's signal workers on strike up here, the drivers were last month? This is the low paid, who are shat on, year after year.

ScotRail drivers make well above the national average salary. They are not low paid.

11 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Low paid ? Overpaid maybe don’t think rail staff are low paid though. 

Ainsley Harriott
15 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

1.8million vacancies UK wide why don't they just get another job if they don't like their salary 

15 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

The more we pay staff the more expensive things become. My point being giving everyone a substantial pay rise will send inflation even higher 

What about the last 10 years or so when people were getting wage rises etc.

inflation usually bobbed about the 3 percent mark.

fabienleclerq
46 minutes ago, Dazo said:

The incentivised part of working a Sunday is where we obviously disagree. It should be just another day as part of your rota. Retail and leisure seems to have made this change as times have changed. Every time the rail industry tries to adapt it is met with uproar and strikes. I’m not saying it’s easy or completely fair and there should certainly be a buffer period where incentives are phased out. Times change and employees should be willing to change with the conditions the industry face. 

You don't think changing people's contracts and days of work needs to be incentivised?

I signed a contract that says Sunday is my day off and if I work it it's overtime. 

Comparing safety critical jobs to retail and leisure is an awful comparison. It would take far more staff because of the gaps between shifts required by law etc.

What is it you do yourself? If your employer all of a sudden said "sorry we need you to work nightshift,we aren't going to compensate you just eh get on with it"

Would you be chuffed or just put up with it?

Edited by fabienleclerq

fabienleclerq
42 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Talk me through that one.

So when Inflation is 3% giving 3% wage rises didn't drive Inflation higher but now its 11% it would?

So if we never give wage rises that match Inflation then what happens? People can't afford to spend and what happens to the economy then?

Do we just keep giving below Inflation pay rises until everyone is poor?

Ainsley Harriott
3 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Talk me through that one.

So when Inflation is 3% giving 3% wage rises didn't drive Inflation higher but now its 11% it would?

So if we never give wage rises that match Inflation then what happens? People can't afford to spend and what happens to the economy then?

Do we just keep giving below Inflation pay rises until everyone is poor?

That's the view of the bank of England and leading economists. Give them a call Tell them you know better

Jeffros Furios
2 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

They already get paid more than general public 

Tory in Hamilton 

Here's the government's way of thinking.

If you make everybody poor as feck, then prices will have to drop.

Boom, inflation solved.

56 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

What about the last 10 years or so when people were getting wage rises etc.

inflation usually bobbed about the 3 percent mark.

Not many people were getting 3% pay increases year on year. 

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Why would that be? We already have to work on Saturdays. The company I work for offered us a £15k lump sum to take Sundays into the working week just a few years ago. My Sundays belong to my family and aren't for sale. Maybe you should work your Sundays pal.

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Low paid ? Overpaid maybe don’t think rail staff are low paid though. 

Love it when a keyboard warrior tells me I'm getting paid too much. Especially when they don't even know what my wage is 😂

I reckon you get paid too much as well, even if you're on minimum wage.

21 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

Not many people were getting 3% pay increases year on year. 

Normally they were in line with inflation 

16 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Why would that be? We already have to work on Saturdays. The company I work for offered us a £15k lump sum to take Sundays into the working week just a few years ago. My Sundays belong to my family and aren't for sale. Maybe you should work your Sundays pal.

Love it when a keyboard warrior tells me I'm getting paid too much. Especially when they don't even know what my wage is 😂

I reckon you get paid too much as well, even if you're on minimum wage.

Mate you are banging your head against a brick wall with some of them.

I just can’t believe people don’t want the working man getting better wages.

I want everyone to be on better wages, I hate seeing food banks and people struggling but I earn what I earn and I’m not going to refuse it.

the government spunk billions on wasted things but you hardly hear a peep about it here.

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

No government interference?  Aye right!

The DFT are pulling the strings in this whole process.

shapps  is a lying wee shit.

The Mighty Thor
14 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

The DFT are pulling the strings in this whole process.

shapps  is a lying wee shit.

3 names Shapps a liar? 😂

The boy's got more characters than the fast show. 

Nucky Thompson

The strikes are having the worst effect on the poorest people getting to work or appointments, but Mick Lynch thinks that he's getting it up the Tories :vrface:

Not many 'rich' Tories will be using the railways.

20 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

3 names Shapps a liar? 😂

The boy's got more characters than the fast show. 

😂😂

Malinga the Swinga
3 hours ago, Cade said:

82,000 rail workers getting a moderate pay rise = dangerous and inflationary.

15 million pensioners getting an inflation-matching increase = aye nae bother.

:rofl:

Yep, your bang on. Let's go after everyone's parents who worked all their lives and now they're old and not contributing to workforce, **** them. Surprised you didn't advocate euthanasia as it would save us paying pensions at all.

What a nice person you are.

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Yep, your bang on. Let's go after everyone's parents who worked all their lives and now they're old and not contributing to workforce, **** them. Surprised you didn't advocate euthanasia as it would save us paying pensions at all.

What a nice person you are.

I think you’ve totally overreacted to the post there like. 
😂😂😂😂😂

11 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The strikes are having the worst effect on the poorest people getting to work or appointments, but Mick Lynch thinks that he's getting it up the Tories :vrface:

I doubt it. You hear that on the news? 

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

You don't think changing people's contracts and days of work needs to be incentivised?

I signed a contract that says Sunday is my day off and if I work it it's overtime. 

Comparing safety critical jobs to retail and leisure is an awful comparison. It would take far more staff because of the gaps between shifts required by law etc.

What is it you do yourself? If your employer all of a sudden said "sorry we need you to work nightshift,we aren't going to compensate you just eh get on with it"

Would you be chuffed or just put up with it?

You might not be chuffed, but if alternative is footfall on railways drops even more than it is, you'll find your job isn't required anymore and you'll have no wages at all 

We won't require the same workforce if the numbers using railways continues to decline therefore should you not be encouraging customers to use railways by keeping services running?

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I think you’ve totally overreacted to the post there like. 
😂😂😂😂😂

We can agree to disagree. Look after the elderly should be priority, but not for Cade. Then again, the average pensioner is exactly type of person that reads Daily Mail and votes Tory.

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You might not be chuffed, but if alternative is footfall on railways drops even more than it is, you'll find your job isn't required anymore and you'll have no wages at all 

We won't require the same workforce if the numbers using railways continues to decline therefore should you not be encouraging customers to use railways by keeping services running?

There is more to this rail strikes than you Tories will ever care to admit.

Attack on working conditions, attack on health and safety measures and redundancies.

You would take it dry if it was you being attacked in your work the same way..  No fecking chance.

fabienleclerq
4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Services run on a Sunday though, it's rather busy. I worked the last two Sundays. 

The point being you can't just change people's conditions without negotiation or compensation. Would you would permanent nights without a grumble?

Tbh it's all a moot point,the railway runs on a Sunday, the only time it doesn't is when the train companies aren't willing to pay overtime. They would have to hire more drivers etc to make it part of the working week as I've said above so it's probably more cost efficient just to pay overtime. 

Malinga the Swinga
18 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It's the working class who will be struggling to get to work.

The hated middle class will simply work from home, as per last 2 years, or drive to work.

As for the wealthy, they will simply laugh and carry on without giving it a second thought.

When goods can't be transported and prices go up, the wealthy will carry on buying and the poor, who have lost jobs as they can't get to their work, will struggle even more.

Still, keeps Lynch in limelight and the train workers happy(well till lines are closed due to lack of use) and they lose jobs.

fabienleclerq
1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

That's the view of the bank of England and leading economists. Give them a call Tell them you know better

So you can't answer?

So you don't even understand your own argument. 

8 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I think we’ve seen today what the effect the footfall will have not just on the railways but the wider society

dont know what your job is but careful what you wish for also.

3 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Services run on a Sunday though, it's rather busy. I worked the last two Sundays. 

The point being you can't just change people's conditions without negotiation or compensation. Would you would permanent nights without a grumble?

Tbh it's all a moot point,the railway runs on a Sunday, the only time it doesn't is when the train companies aren't willing to pay overtime. They would have to hire more drivers etc to make it part of the working week as I've said above so it's probably more cost efficient just to pay overtime. 

“Worked the last 2 Sundays” 

Really?????  😂😂😂😂

10 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You say things like this repeatedly.

People will continue to use trains and they continue to come back. 

Why? Because it's their best option. 

It's faster. It's less hassle. It's the most convenient. It's the most cost effective.

Why do we know this? People have been crying for more than a decade about rail fares yet they continue to use trains and others continue to join them. The other options are either to costly, too time consuming, or too much hassle. A mixture or all of that. They won't stop using trains because of a strike.

fabienleclerq
3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

It's the working class who will be struggling to get to work.

The hated middle class will simply work from home, as per last 2 years, or drive to work.

As for the wealthy, they will simply laugh and carry on without giving it a second thought.

When goods can't be transported and prices go up, the wealthy will carry on buying and the poor, who have lost jobs as they can't get to their work, will struggle even more.

Still, keeps Lynch in limelight and the train workers happy(well till lines are closed due to lack of use) and they lose jobs.

Trains are hoatching BTW, lines aren't getting closed anytime soon. There's a new one being built to leven.

What's your suggestion for working people who want to keep conditions, safety and get a pay rise? If striking is so bad. They've been negotiating for months while shareholders get paid millions and top brass get massive pay rises.

fabienleclerq
3 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

“Worked the last 2 Sundays” 

Really?????  😂😂😂😂

I'm a grafter. 

Ainsley Harriott
11 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

So you can't answer?

So you don't even understand your own argument. 

Inflation is a measure of the rate of rising prices of goods and services in an economy. Inflation can occur when prices rise due to increases in production costs, such as raw materials and wages. A surge in demand for products and services can cause inflation as consumers are willing to pay more for the product.

So we know fuel and wages are going up. Henece we have high inflation. It's cool though we have your good self to save the global economy 

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

What happens if footfall drops and not as many trains required? That inevitably leads to fewer jobs in industry and no rich or wealthy types will even bat an eyelid. Still think they're cutting own throats with this action but managed to secure transport down South for my work later this week and although train was/is my favoured mode of travel, if this alternative works out well, I and colleagues will stick with it.

Did check and my train that I had booked tomorrow isn't running, so glad I canned it on Friday.