National rail strikes planned by RMT

IronJambo

28 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Torys love to pit the working class against themselves, or immigrants. It distracts people from the millions they shovel off to their pals.

Unfortunately, there are simpletons out there that truly believe an Etonion elite speaks for them, and has their best interests in mind.

Baffling.

Who exactly are the ‘working class’ these days? Mick Lynch keeps banging on about them too.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IronJambo

• ri Alban

• Ked

• The Real Maroonblood

dobmisterdobster
14 hours ago, Cade said:

Network Rail profits for year 20/21: £1.6billion

The top 73 highest paid employees of Network Rail paid themselves £15million in total last year.

https://www.tssa.org.uk/find-your-company/network-rail/news/nr-top-bosses-and-what-they-are-paid

Across all rail companies, shareholders were paid almost £1billion in dividends last year.

They're minted.

There is plenty of money swishing around the rail industry.

Network Rail is subsidised by taxpayers to the tune of around £5 billion a year.

Without this subsidy, they would be Insolvent.

They are not minted. You are wrong.

I will agree that the top brass in Network Rail are hideously overpaid in terms of public sector salaries.

Edited by dobmisterdobster

il Duce McTarkin
23 minutes ago, Korky said:

Who exactly are the ‘working class’ these days? Mick Lynch keeps banging on about them too.

Who do you think they are? 

24 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

All politicians are as bad as each other to be honest 

Eh no.  That's the lowest common denominator pish that the Tories want the hard of thinking to believe.  It provides cover for the corrupt to operate with impunity.

24 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

All politicians are as bad as each other to be honest 

Eh no.  That's the lowest common denominator pish that the Tories want the hard of thinking to believe.  It provides cover for the corrupt to operate with impunity.

il Duce McTarkin
Just now, Victorian said:

Spot on. 

18 minutes ago, Korky said:

Non skilled or semi skilled manual labour, mainly industrial. Blue collar auxiliaries. Essential staff. That still apply on the railways? 

jack D and coke
4 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

According to the Daily Express they are suggesting it maybe because they hate Johnson.

:facepalm:

And despite the conservatives being in power for 12 years somehow the Mail blames Labour :lol: 

981A7E3E-BF13-4E84-891F-4D5BFC258FE4.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Who do you think they are? 

I always thought they were those guys in the flat caps that took part in the Jarrow March.

Shooter McGavin
34 minutes ago, Korky said:

You genuinely want me to define who the working class are?

il Duce McTarkin
7 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Non skilled or semi skilled manual labour, mainly industrial. Blue collar auxiliaries. Essential staff. That still apply on the railways? 

Working folk that don't have investment portfolios, and those that would be living without modern comforts if it were not for the availability of credit? 

I'd push it to anyone below the upper proffesional classes tbh. We're all only one misfortune or job loss away from hitting the skids. That's the working class. 

2 minutes ago, Korky said:

I always thought they were those guys in the flat caps that took part in the Jarrow March.

That's the image that springs to mind, tbf. :lol:

Just now, Dirk McClaymore said:

Working folk that don't have investment portfolios, and those that would be living without modern comforts if it were not for the availability of credit? 

I'd push it to anyone below the upper proffesional classes tbh. We're all only one misfortune or job loss away from hitting the skids. That's the working class. 

That's the image that springs to mind, tbf. :lol:

I agree, laughed out loud at the flat cap image.

1 hour ago, benny said:

Still got RMT negotiations to happen as well.

They have accepted the 5% 

Will go to a vote but will go through no probs 

Weakened Offender
26 minutes ago, Victorian said:

❤️

Weakened Offender
15 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

It’s been a pleasure to watch Mick Lynch wipe the floor with some tory cretins today.

Had them on toast.

I've just watched him ragdoll that rancid woman from Sky. ❤️

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Agreed. 

It's a tried and tested tactic. Can't believe folk still fall for it. 

Where are the Labour politicians pointing this out. They should be trumpeting it from the rooftops. There's few things that'll bring the working and middle classes together than lifting the wool from their eyes and ahowing them how they've been taken for collective mugs. 

Disagree with this. A Labour movement should always allow its members to show solidarity with workers, and if that's on the picket line then that's on the picket line. It's sort of the point. The national psyche has subcontiously moved so far the right that we feel uneasy about this as a default. It shouldn't be like that. Those that are striking aren't the villans of this piece. 

I watched a documentary on the BBC recently about Scottish workers who stopped air strikes against the democratucally elected government of Chile by General Pinochet in 1973 (Nae Pasaran). It struck me that this type of thing would be unthinkable today. We can't even show solidarity with each other on this island. How did we sleepwalk into this state of affairs? Where is it still to take us, and what is its logical conclusion?

Becoming as sleekit as the conservatives makes me sick to the pit of my stomach. 

Times have changed through the years. Social media has given people who want to drive an agenda of fear of change the means to do so. There won’t be that many people around who were adults in the 70s, but that era keeps being brought up by those who want us all to think that the Labour Party is dominated by a bunch of communists spawned from the 70s.

It is still the case that the much maligned, for some good reason, Tony Blair is the only Labour Prime Minister to keep the Conservatives out of power for an extended time. His Labour Party set out to appeal to the centre ground to protect the vulnerable people it wanted to protect from a Conservative government. They succeeded in doing so by sending out the right messages to the broad spectrum of the electorate. Standing on a picket line of a major dispute like the current railway one, grinning like they’re having fun, isn’t in my opinion the way to give confidence to the vital centre ground of the UK electorate that they are a good alternative to the current corrupt government.

Labour should be trouncing the Conservatives given all that has been going on and been failing. They’re letting it slip between their fingers again, which is likely to expose those vulnerable people for a few more years. They need to wise up.

Performances of Lynch aside, the proposed/likely legislation re Agency staff really is chilling. There are some seriously sick individuals working  behind the scenes. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

And despite the conservatives being in power for 12 years somehow the Mail blames Labour :lol: 

Amazing.

Sadly a lot will believe it.

11 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Times have changed through the years. Social media has given people who want to drive an agenda of fear of change the means to do so. There won’t be that many people around who were adults in the 70s, but that era keeps being brought up by those who want us all to think that the Labour Party is dominated by a bunch of communists spawned from the 70s.

It is still the case that the much maligned, for some good reason, Tony Blair is the only Labour Prime Minister to keep the Conservatives out of power for an extended time. His Labour Party set out to appeal to the centre ground to protect the vulnerable people it wanted to protect from a Conservative government. They succeeded in doing so by sending out the right messages to the broad spectrum of the electorate. Standing on a picket line of a major dispute like the current railway one, grinning like they’re having fun, isn’t in my opinion the way to give confidence to the vital centre ground of the UK electorate that they are a good alternative to the current corrupt government.

Labour should be trouncing the Conservatives given all that has been going on and been failing. They’re letting it slip between their fingers again, which is likely to expose those vulnerable people for a few more years. They need to wise up.

Don't you think it was an obvious 2 fingers up to  Starmer who has clearly sidelined the left and not sought to keep a balance. Over and above any natural inclination  to picket. What goes around comes around. As he himself said he wanted Power over Unity which always had the scope to cause problems. The more I  think of Starmer's utterances the more I think he is unelectable and should stand down.

Edited by Riccarton3

The Mighty Thor
17 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Performances of Lynch aside, the proposed/likely legislation re Agency staff really is chilling. There are some seriously sick individuals working  behind the scenes. 

And that is why Spaffer and the boys have been fecking choking on this industrial dispute. In fact I think he may have actually done his beans in his trousers at PMQs with the 'holding hands with Scargill' pish. 

It all deflects from the economic shit show and the sinister erosion of your rights.

It furthers the culture wars and the gullible morons absolutely lap it up. 'They're all as bad as each other likesy' 😂 

il Duce McTarkin
43 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I agree with you re Blair, all the positive things that his government did, or tried to do, are overshadowed by the Iraq adventure that could've seen him in the Hague. 

I don't think that the current Labour lot are in the wrong to stand on the picket line, though. Joe Bloggs has to see that they are on his side. The rub of the issue is that a significant proportion of Joe Bloggses are tranfixed by the jam-tomorrow, there's-the-bogey-man, divide and conquer spell woven by successive tory governments, and ramped up to the maxumum by the current one. While society is busy pointing the finger at each other, well, you know the rest. I don't think its wrong, at this point in time, to let Joe Bloggs see that grass roots activism is wrong. A Labour party distancing itself from industrial action is only adding to the stigma and Tory narrative that the use of collective power in protection of your rights is somehow evil and anti-society. Industrial action, or the threat of it, is the only true power that the workers have ever had against they type of nepotistic and destructive capitalism that we are seeing today. I would've felt differently had Corbyn's lot still been in the hot seats, but I feel that we're reaching a point where some more drastic, overt measures are required. 

A modern Labour Party needs to find room for this, and balance it with an overall centre-left positioning. It's a difficult task when virtually every mass media outlet and 20 years of social conditioning have turned the rump of the 'working classes' into well drilled, tunnel visioned, competative consumers who hate each other. 

You're probably right though, and I'm running more on emotion than rationality with this one. 

Edited by Dirk McClaymore

28 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

And that is why Spaffer and the boys have been fecking choking on this industrial dispute. In fact I think he may have actually done his beans in his trousers at PMQs with the 'holding hands with Scargill' pish. 

It all deflects from the economic shit show and the sinister erosion of your rights.

It furthers the culture wars and the gullible morons absolutely lap it up. 'They're all as bad as each other likesy' 😂 

I reckon the govt employs a large proportion of sociopaths by choice. All with the empathy of a boiled egg. And its importance is beyond calculable. Folk with a zeal for it/ competing against each other for the next new 'clever  idea that smashes norms.

If you think the cabinet is bad from robotic Eustace to jutting Patel, these are the actual public face. Imagine those in the background.

Edited by Riccarton3

It called the Labour party for a reason. If you want a middle-class party vote for someone else. Get their arses out there and show the common people they have a voice in parliament to be proud of .

22 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

Normally they were in line with inflation 

Thats false. Most workers, especially low paid ones, have had pay increases capped. Often around the 1% mark. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

Don't you think it was an obvious 2 fingers up to  Starmer who has clearly sidelined the left and not sought to keep a balance. Over and above any natural inclination  to picket. What goes around comes around. As he himself said he wanted Power over Unity which always had the scope to cause problems. The more I  think of Starmer's utterances the more I think he is unelectable and should stand down.

He’s a liability . Karma has caught up with him snd his treachery regarding JC 

42 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

It called the Labour party for a reason. If you want a middle-class party vote for someone else. Get their arses out there and show the common people they have a voice in parliament to be proud of .

Yep 👍 

il Duce McTarkin
2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

He’s a liability . Karma has caught up with him snd his treachery regarding JC 

Corbyn and his types are an essential part of the broad-church that should make up a Labour Party, but he was never the man to lead it. The hard left cannot be in the driving seat, just like the hard right can't be. Leading a movement as neccessarilly disparate as an effective Labour Party needs to be, requires a flexibility that Corbyn doesn't possess. The jury should still be out on Starmer's ability to find that balance, but getting shot of Corbyn should not be held against him if it's a successfull Labour Party that you actually care about. Which it probably isn't, tbf. 

2 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Corbyn and his types are an essential part of the broad-church that should make up a Labour Party, but he was never the man to lead it. The hard left cannot be in the driving seat, just like the hard right can't be. Leading a movement as neccessarilly disparate as an effective Labour Party needs to be, requires a flexibility that Corbyn doesn't possess. The jury should still be out on Starmer's ability to find that balance, but getting shot of Corbyn should not be held against him if it's a successfull Labour Party that you actually care about. Which it probably isn't, tbf. 

I wish Keir would come out and take them on and ragdoll a few ***** while he's at it. He lets them railroad him. Come on Keir crack a few heads.

Edited by ri Alban

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

I would tend to agree with you.

il Duce McTarkin
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I wish Keir would come out and take them on and ragdoll a few ***** while he's at it. He lets them railroad him. Come on Keir crack a few heads.

Watching that wee montage that you posted there, Lynch is basically calling Starmer out on this to try and provoke a positive response. 

It was almost the old 'shitebag if ye dinnae' routine. 

manaliveits105

UK government doing well to keep out of it despite the Labour and their puppet master trade unionists trying to bait them 

3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

UK government doing well to keep out of it despite the Labour and their puppet master trade unionists trying to bait them 

Another poor attempt at trolling. 

dobmisterdobster

I don't think that the current Labour lot are in the wrong to stand on the picket line, though. Joe Bloggs has to see that they are on his side. 

Am I so out of touch? No, It's the voters who are wrong.

Edited by dobmisterdobster

il Duce McTarkin
4 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Am I so out of touch? No, It's the voters who are wrong.

Voters have been know to get it wrong. 

JudyJudyJudy

f it's a successfull Labour Party that you actually care about. Which it probably isn't, tbf. 

No I care about one which stands by its original principles and people who support it.  Starmer is not the man 

il Duce McTarkin
Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

No I care about one which stands by its original principles and people who support it.  Starmer is not the man 

And neither was Corbyn. 

Jeffros Furios
1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Either was Corbyn he got hammered by the Etonian pig ! 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

And neither was Corbyn. 

1 minute ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Either was Corbyn he got hammered by the Etonian pig ! 

Aye but least he had his principles and also offered a radical vision of socialism for all at the last election. Ok he got hammered for it but least he tried

4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Was Sir Keir hiding in a fridge?

il Duce McTarkin
28 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Aye but least he had his principles and also offered a radical vision of socialism for all at the last election. Ok he got hammered for it but least he tried

So what you're saying is, that in true Hibs style he lost the election, but won the singing. 

And look where the country is now. 

Edited by Dirk McClaymore

dobmisterdobster
26 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Was Sir Keir hiding in a fridge?

He's having beer and butties with Arthur Scargill

Weakened Offender
49 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I thought you didn't like socialists and lefties? 🤔

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I thought you didn't like socialists and lefties? 🤔

Wrong. Always admired JC and his principles and the labour manifesto of 2019. However i don't align to any single party as I take bits and pieces from each one which I support. 

Shooter McGavin

Literally any Labour government in any form is better than the current tories.

Although that isn’t saying much.

The tories are proven serial liars, and are stripping your rights away at pace.

They should be getting cut out like the cancer they are.

Edited by Shooter McGavin

Japan Jambo
13 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Of all the absolute spankings handed out yesterday by Mick Lynch, this one on Jonathan Gullis (who is the dictionary definition of a welt) is a beauty. 😂

You should watch the whole program, Gullis comes across as a rabid fool. Baroness Champman was quite the contrast and came across really well.

18 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

You should watch the whole program, Gullis comes across as a rabid fool. Baroness Champman was quite the contrast and came across really well

Gullis looks and acts like he's on something

Shooter McGavin

Add this to the ever growing archive of Mike Lynch making an utter fool of another snivelling, predator, tory mouthpiece.

il Duce McTarkin
22 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Add this to the ever growing archive of Mike Lynch making an utter fool of another snivelling, predator, tory mouthpiece.

:sweeet:

:wub: :wub: :wub: