Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)

Swanny17

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Why are you asking me questions, but then asking me why I'm not getting things? Seems it's you not up to speed mate.

And no need to have a go at me, one thing I can assure you is it wasn't my fecking decision! Direct your rage elsewhere. 

I’m perfectly up to speed.  You were saying it’s not the club’s fault.  So I was asking who made the daft decision to potentially allow 2 tickets to pretty much everyone?  If you think the club got it right, you’re entitled to your opinion but you seem to be in a minority of about 1.

I missed out along with my sons but can appreciate many others were more deserving of tickets than me and there were no guarantees.  I’m not in a rage, just disappointed the way the club has handled this. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• been here before

• Fozzyonthefence

• Jambo 4 Ever

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

No excuses for missing out on tickets if you met the criteria, just needed to be on the ball.

Wtf?!

hughesie27

Interesting that Hearts have tweeted it as being sold out when it clearly isn't.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’m perfectly up to speed.  You were saying it’s not the club’s fault.  So I was asking who made the daft decision to potentially allow 2 tickets to pretty much everyone?  If you think the club got it right, you’re entitled to your opinion but you seem to be in a minority of about 1.

I missed out along with my sons but can appreciate many others were more deserving of tickets than me and there were no guarantees.  I’m not in a rage, just disappointed the way the club has handled this. 

You want me to get you three if I can?

Nelly Terraces
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

1. You missed my point. Which was, why are people blaming Hearts for what people do with their extra tickets they've purchased? That's entirely up to the individual.

2. I've far better & more important things to do with my day than sit here & argue the toss with someone clearly unhappy on missing out on a ticket, which I fully understand & sympathise with, but who are now directing their anger at people they don't even know on the internet. 

3. I'm now off for a run &busy the rest of today, so this conversation is closed. Good luck getting a ticket, you never know, one or two may become available somehow.

Heartsmad1874
4 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Interesting that Hearts have tweeted it as being sold out when it clearly isn't.

Think they expect the queue at ticket office to take the allocation that was held for them so it is sold out technically just waiting for the last tickets to actually sell.

There may be very limited number of restricted view tickets left from the ticket office. There was 10 minutes ago anyway. 

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, j1964m said:

I was at semi-final missed out with ticket for final no one was told they where guaranteed a ticket for the final it said you will have a chance of a ticket for the final 

Any chance you could offer Pasquale reading lessons? 

Bob Loblaw
11 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

No excuses for missing out on tickets if you met the criteria, just needed to be on the ball.

Not really true for everyone. I was on the ball, had tickets in my basket and the site was given errors saying accounts had exceeded their amount of tickets, which it hadn't. So there was definitely technical issues as well.

I've got a ticket in phase 1 personalky, but this was for folk who were at the semi.  

Jambo 4 Ever
28 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I wouldn’t trust him tbh. 

What’s he done in the past with Scotland tickets?

1874robbo
7 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

What’s he done in the past with Scotland tickets?

Less you know the less the police know.

chester copperpot
46 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Already not true mate 

Jambo 4 ever believes everything he reads online.

😂😂😂

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Any chance you could offer Pasquale reading lessons? 

I’m confident my masters degree from the UoE shows my reading skills 👍🏽🖕🏾.

Wee Mikey
2 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

Going up to the ticket office at 05.45 this morning was the right call 

5 purchased and tucked away safe in my wallet 😉👍👍

Well done. A stalwart, so you are. 06:15 for me. It just goes to show ... sometimes being 'old school' pays off.

McGlynn The Money
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m confident my masters degree from the UoE shows my reading skills 👍🏽🖕🏾.

What did you study, photography?

Dennis Denuto
23 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

If you had joined the online queue at 8.34 this morning you would have got all the tickets you needed, that is not Hearts fault.

3 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Jambo 4 ever believes everything he reads online.

😂😂😂

Proof he is a troll. Absolutely noone could be so stupid as to have believed your post...surely.

😐

1874robbo
2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Well done. A stalwart, so you are. 06:15 for me. It just goes to show ... sometimes being 'old school' pays off.

Thank you mikey, it definitely paid off today.

my big fear today was the internet crashing 

I didn’t envisage it crashing in the shop instead through!!! 😂😂😂

McGlynn The Money

Just exactly what it says on the tin. I'm not even sure if they read this site but just thought it would be nice to acknowledge the work they do.

It sounds like today, sadly not for the first time, they had to put up with the usual bullshit from folk who can't read properly, just like a good moan or don't even come prepared with the correct reference numbers etc.

I first thought once it was announced that if you had a season ticket or 120 LPs you could get extra tickets on phase was not fair but changed my opinion on it last week. I think its correct as the loyalty is being rewarded by the club. These are the perks of having a season ticket (I have not) so I had accepted that this morning it would be pure luck in getting tickets. 

fabienleclerq
4 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

What did you study, photography?

😂

1874robbo
2 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Just exactly what it says on the tin. I'm not even sure if they read this site but just thought it would be nice to acknowledge the work they do.

It sounds like today, sadly not for the first time, they had to put up with the usual bullshit from folk who can't read properly, just like a good moan or don't even come prepared with the correct reference numbers etc.

I thought they done a great job today from what I witnessed 

although the lassie questioned mine saying there wasn’t a semi purchase on my account!!!

there was and thankfully she eventually found it.

Fozzyonthefence
19 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

?

You do realise it was pretty much a lottery today with fans having a claim on well over 40k tickets but only half of that available for sale?  So how did you just have to be on the ball?

fabienleclerq
2 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

I first thought once it was announced that if you had a season ticket or 120 LPs you could get extra tickets on phase was not fair but changed my opinion on it last week. I think its correct as the loyalty is being rewarded by the club. These are the perks of having a season ticket (I have not) so I had accepted that this morning it would be pure luck in getting tickets. 

Nah, it's not fair. 

The loyalty was rewarded in phase 1,phase 2 should've been folk on ssy 80 plus points and work down from there. 

I've benefited from getting plus 1s but it's not a fair way to do it. Folk on 100 plus points missing out. 

McGlynn The Money
2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Yep 👏

Massive respect to the PHM bouncer on the door.

Yes! Apparently he was doing such a great job folk were even taking his photo.

Just now, PTBCAL said:

Can I add Mr T Master to this.

It was so easy to buy this morning 🙂

Of course!

Wee Mikey
Just now, 1874robbo said:

Thank you mikey, it definitely paid off today.

my big fear today was the internet crashing 

I didn’t envisage it crashing in the shop instead through!!! 😂😂😂

When the system crashed in the shop, I had a horrible feeling that the seats reserved for the physical queue were going to inadvertantly get bounced back to on-line. I have little faith in technology. That fella from the shop who was tasked to tell folks at the end of the queue that they might miss out? Rather him than me!!!

McGlynn The Money
Just now, Wee Mikey said:

When the system crashed in the shop, I had a horrible feeling that the seats reserved for the physical queue were going to inadvertantly get bounced back to on-line. I have little faith in technology. That fella from the shop who was tasked to tell folks at the end of the queue that they might miss out? Rather him than me!!!

Was that John Paul? Would you believe that a right creepy ******* took a photo of him and posted it earlier on this thread.

3 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

You then end up with the same group of folk or their mates going to games until they get too old as they get further and further away from those who have no chance.

I'm just catching up so its maybe been mentioned but the club usually do a cull of LPs every couple of years. Any old LPs are useless and only points gained since the date of the cull are any use. 

ElGee1973
1 hour ago, AndyNic said:

Love this time of year when folk greet about not getting a ticket. Love it. 

Loyalty = guaranteed ticket.

Correct

anyone know if il be okay? im waiting on disabled tickets through hearts disability officer keith ferguson i discussed tickets last week with him and im in phase 2 will i have my tickets reserved even though they have sold out??

JimmyCant

I believe we will get more tickets. Pretty sure there are 6000 debentures at Hampden and quite a number will release. This happened in 2012 certainly.

Fozzyonthefence
10 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

If you had joined the online queue at 8.34 this morning you would have got all the tickets you needed, that is not Hearts fault.

I was in the queue at 8:42.  I got in but it wouldn’t allow me to buy 3 tickets (all of us at the semi).  Others appear to had this problem too, don’t know if it was me, the browser I was using or the site.

Whose fault was it that ST holders and semi final attendees were able to buy 2 tickets if it wasn’t the club’s fault? They made that decision and it appears it is almost universally agreed on here that it was unfair, a rare event on JKB!  I don’t think we’ll see this system in place again do you?

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, ElGee1973 said:

Correct

How do you define “loyalty”?

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

2 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Nah, it's not fair. 

The loyalty was rewarded in phase 1,phase 2 should've been folk on ssy 80 plus points and work down from there. 

I've benefited from getting plus 1s but it's not a fair way to do it. Folk on 100 plus points missing out. 

I think what is needed going forward is the club to have a set structure so everyone knows what guarantees you tickets and how many per account and not deviate from that. Its the whole extra ticket for the 120Lps & STs that's been the issue they should kept the same structure as the semi for tickets I all honesty but if you are on the other side of the fence and paid £500 for a ST you might think you should be rewarded with extra tickets.

anyone know if il be ok? im waiting on disabled tickets through hearts disability officer keith ferguson i discussed tickets last week with him and im in phase 2 will i have my tickets reserved even though they have sold out??

been here before
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

How do you define “loyalty”?

I like to think its creepily photographing as many of the shop staff as you can.

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I believe we will get more tickets. Pretty sure there are 6000 debentures at Hampden and quite a number will release. This happened in 2012 certainly.

Debentures snapped up as well. 

Rick Sanchez
11 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Yes! Apparently he was doing such a great job folk were even taking his photo.

8 minutes ago, cheetah said:

:worthless_thread:

6f5er6.jpg

1874robbo
9 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

I was next in line when it crashed and I was like ffs that’s just my luck 😂😂😂

aye wouldn’t have fancied that job at all.

fabienleclerq
Just now, Philfigo said:

I think what is needed going forward is the club to have a set structure so everyone knows what guarantees you tickets and how many per account and not deviate from that. Its the whole extra ticket for the 120Lps & STs that's been the issue they should kept the same structure as the semi for tickets I all honesty but if you are on the other side of the fence and paid £500 for a ST you might think you should be rewarded with extra tickets.

It should be 1 per account unless we are getting 35/40k tickets. 

St holders and 120 plus in the first sale seems fair. There's an argument LP should just be used on a sliding scale until sold out but rewarding St is fine by me. 

Buying a semi ticket shouldn't get you anything. 

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, fabienleclerq said:

It should be 1 per account unless we are getting 35/40k tickets. 

St holders and 120 plus in the first sale seems fair. There's an argument LP should just be used on a sliding scale until sold out but rewarding St is fine by me. 

Buying a semi ticket shouldn't get you anything. 

I agree.  Hopefully lessons learned otherwise might as well scrap the LP system. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)