Europa league/conference 22/23 - Zurich v Hearts

mickycameron98

4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

That's because you lot are usually melts. 

Trying to offer some decent helpful information and clowns like you pop up ☹️ 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Heartsmad1874

• JimmyCant

• hughesie27

1 minute ago, Largo said:

To be fair we have been in Europe enough times our selfs to not really need the condescending tales from the pan handle stuff

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Largo said:

**** off back to your own rancid site(s) and give advice out there ya condescending hun muppet.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

9 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

**** off back to your own rancid site(s) and give advice out there ya condescending hun muppet.

3 hours ago, Jamboross said:

To be fair my memory of that Liverpool game is that it was pretty close and we were quite unlucky to lose 1-0 via an OG. We certainly gave them a fright as they put out a much stronger team in the second leg. 

Yeah and a late Suarez equaliser saved them from extra time

Mr Elwood P
25 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

I'd say so yes. Zurich have pretty much confirmed they'd play us on the 18th in St Gallen, not Zurich.

If we're playing Linfield could be either or at the moment 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Why would who wins effect if we're away on the 18th or not?

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Why would who wins effect if we're away on the 18th or not?

It doesnt its a Uefa decision which will be made by tomorrow night. Im hoping it gets switched so i can go to the away game but doubt it will

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

It doesnt its a Uefa decision which will be made by tomorrow night. Im hoping it gets switched so i can go to the away game but doubt it will

Watching the draw I'm pretty sure the winner of Linfield v Zurich are home first. That was discussed during the preamble to the draw itself.  

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Watching the draw I'm pretty sure the winner of Linfield v Zurich are home first. That was discussed during the preamble to the draw itself.  

Before the draw, they said there might be changes to who is at home/away and that it would be confirmed by tomorrow evening.

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Yes the guy did say its subject to change and dates will be confirmed by 6pm CET tomorrow. Think its due to teams in the same country playing on the same days. For us Young Boys will be home on the same day as us but Basel and Lugano are away that day so its likely ours will stay the same.

portobellojambo1
2 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

They are a side who are used to playing in Europe frequently. For their fans, travelling 80km to see them play a Scottish side in a 1st leg qualifier I can’t imagine is too desirable. 

No doubting they’ll be a decent side, but totally different environment to playing them at their own ground.

It hasn't been confirmd yet if the game will be moved to St Gallen, our travel agent contacted the Swiss club who had said they thpught it could be moved to St Gallen as there is a concert in their stadium but they confirmed UEFA will make the decision tomorrow and it could involve thr first leg being played at Tynecastle, on the basis they win versus Linfield. That may be why HMFC isssued their FB post late this afternoon telling people not to book their flights and accommodation until after the UEFA announcement tomorrow.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Mr Elwood P
29 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Yes the guy did say its subject to change and dates will be confirmed by 6pm CET tomorrow. Think its due to teams in the same country playing on the same days. For us Young Boys will be home on the same day as us but Basel and Lugano are away that day so its likely ours will stay the same.

30 minutes ago, Stanley_ said:

Before the draw, they said there might be changes to who is at home/away and that it would be confirmed by tomorrow evening.

Thanks lads. I obviously missed that part. Hopefully not changed for those already committed with flights and accommodation!

Fxxx the SPFL
4 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I don't mind being involved with it for every domestic fixtures we have, we've even taken our bus down south to Hull. But for European games I'd prefer to pass on that option

Cheers 

Fxxx the SPFL
13 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

It hasn't been confirmd yet if the game will be moved to St Gallen, our travel agent contacted the Swiss club who had said they thpught it could be moved to St Gallen as there is a concert in their stadium but they confirmed UEFA will make the decision tomorrow and it could involve thr first leg being played at Tynecastle, on the basis they win versus Linfield. That may be why HMFC isssued their FB post late this afternoon telling people not to book their flights and accommodation until after the UEFA announcement tomorrow.

Why the feck should we change the tie always better to be at home for the second leg

Auld Reekin'
2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

In Feyenoord we came right out our end and into a pen with a train platform, then we were horded onto trains for Rotterdam and Amsterdam.

Trust me, in Central Europe the Police want British fans out right away.

More than likely, they'll have intel on how many are staying and where about and then have something in place

They do / did the same thing with German fans and probably other sets of fans there too, so it's not special treatment just for British fans. 

Harry Potter
58 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Aye we are at home 2ng leg, thought that was pretty clear.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
13 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Why the feck should we change the tie always better to be at home for the second leg

Not sure we have the choice

south morocco
39 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Not doubting you. Unsure why UEFA would change it. Surely Zurich made the choice to hire out their ground for a concert knowing it might clash with a euro qualifier? Imagine  we had done that. Wee bit strange 

Fxxx the SPFL
18 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Not doubting you. Unsure why UEFA would change it. Surely Zurich made the choice to hire out their ground for a concert knowing it might clash with a euro qualifier? Imagine  we had done that. Wee bit strange 

Maybe a bit sneaky by Zürich hire their stadium out on the first leg date with the possibility of getting an away leg first 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, **** the SPFL said:

Maybe a bit sneaky by Zürich hire their stadium out on the first leg date with the possibility of getting an away leg first 

We should say we are booked out that night for the festival shows.

August Landmesser
3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

We should say we are booked out that night for the festival shows.

Has it been confirmed that we're not? :curtain:

Apologies for this but I have to say it re draw.

Just as well we didnt get Grasshoppers or we would have to play the game over 6 legs.

Getting coat. 

August Landmesser
3 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Didn't Celtic hire their stadium out to Robbie Williams and had to play in Edinburgh?

I thought that was to do with the Commonwealth games?

3 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

I thought that was to do with the Commonwealth games?

Aye looks like I got mixed up. Scotland games were moved to Celtic park.

Ricardo Quaresma
21 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

That won't get the legs reversed; only a clash with another Swiss team will

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Interesting that the sheep are on a co-efficient of 8.000

We're down to 6.740 plus what we add this year

https://www.footballseeding.com/uefa/club-ranking/2022-23/

-

Those are current coefficients, updated with this season's points so far, but for the purposes of seedings for this season's competitions, it's the coefficients at the end of last season that are relevant. 

Ricardo Quaresma
5 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Those are current coefficients, updated with this season's points so far, but for the purposes of seedings for this season's competitions, it's the coefficients at the end of last season that are relevant. 

Yes, that's right

Ricardo Quaresma

I have E-Mailed Bert Kassies for his view

E-Mailed him in 2011-12, or thereabouts, he replied then

Japan Jambo

Spent a night at the Oberwaid hotel just outside St Gallen fairly recently, very nice spa but a bit of an older clientele. Town itself was nice enough but fairly quiet, not sure how they're Swiss sensibilities will cope with a Hearts invasion.

If i recollect I think I flew into Stuttgart and piled down the autobahn crossing into Switzerland at Konstanz (lovely place, very wife friendly).

Edited by Japan Jambo

FarmerTweedy
35 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Just as well we didnt get Grasshoppers or we would have to play the game over 6 legs.

Getting coat. 

👏

FarmerTweedy
5 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Yes, that's right

And we'll piss all over the mutton molesters' coefficient by the time we're finished this season's campaign!  :)

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, FarmerTweedy said:

And we'll piss all over the mutton molesters' coefficient by the time we're finished this season's campaign!  :)

That is what I'm driving at, yes; minimum of 9.2400, probably more

Then hopefully more next year, and so on, until we're higher seeded

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Largo said:

Despite "ken'ing" about European away days, it Looks like you'll need to hawd back on giving advice to fans going away to UCL games. 

:HeartsManspotrun:

37 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

That is what I'm driving at, yes; minimum of 9.2400, probably more

Then hopefully more next year, and so on, until we're higher seeded

Don't think that's right. 

A clubs coefficient is the higher of what theyve earned themselves, or 20% of what their countries clubs have earned over the past 5 seasons.

We havent been in Europe for 5 seasons, so our coefficent is 0. The figure youve found is 20% of Scotlands.

Therefore anything we earn this season will be added to 0, which is our current coefficient, and not the figure you've found.

Edited by Waterboy

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Turkishcap said:

Getting coat. 

images (47).jpeg

Serge Pizzorno

So, can someone explain why the games may be reversed? Is it a concert? Is there another Swiss game? What is the likelihood of a change? I promise I’m not from Hamilton with all these questions!

46 minutes ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

So, can someone explain why the games may be reversed? Is it a concert? Is there another Swiss game? What is the likelihood of a change? I promise I’m not from Hamilton with all these questions!

UEFA like to take an overview of fixtures and draws and locations and travelling. If there is anything remotely resembling a troublesome clash, they swap fixtures around. It’s no big deal unless of course you have jumped the gun and booked Zurich and UEFA spot something that requires a reversal 

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Rangers and Motherwell have set the benchmark for the Scottish European riddy ....

Rangers will win that tie IMO

Mr Elwood P
27 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Rangers will win that tie IMO

First goal is massive. If they concede early they're is massive trouble. The fans I know are not confident... 

HeartsandonlyHearts
10 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

That's linfield v zurich 1st & 2nd legs

10 hours ago, graygo said:

That tie wasn't just drawn today, they've known for a wee while they were playing on those dates. 

10 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Dates have been set for ages. 

Both the teams played last week. 

Thanks. Makes a little more sense than

”guys bring your passports Thursday. We’re away”

Ricardo Quaresma
5 hours ago, Waterboy said:

Don't think that's right. 

A clubs coefficient is the higher of what theyve earned themselves, or 20% of what their countries clubs have earned over the past 5 seasons.

We havent been in Europe for 5 seasons, so our coefficent is 0. The figure youve found is 20% of Scotlands.

Therefore anything we earn this season will be added to 0, which is our current coefficient, and not the figure you've found.

Bud, the club co-efficient is composed of the co-efficient from their country divided by 5 (last 5 seasons) plus what the club earns in Europe

Ours for this year is 7.380

Taking away 5 years ago starts the number at 6.740

sheep are now 8.000 and cannot add, because they didn't qualify at all

We will get minimum of 2.500 this year, so, 6.740 + 2.500 = 9.240

That will be (at least) our co-efficient next season, plus points from wins, draws and getting past certain stages of EL and / or ECL

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
typo

2 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Bud, the club co-efficient is composed of the co-efficient from their country divided by 5 (last 5 seasons) plus what the club earns in Europe

Ours for this year is 7.380

Taking away 5 years ago starts the number at 6.740

sheep are now 8.000 and cannot add, because they didn't qualify at all

We will get minimum of 2.500 this year, so, 6.740 + 2.500 = 9.240

That will be (at least) our co-efficient next season, plus points from wins, draws and getting past certain stages of EL and / or ECL

-

Sorry, but that's not right. UEFA website confirms its the higher of what a club has earned or their country's points divided by 5. See our clubs below.

Aberdeen are on 9 because they've earned 9. Add up each individual year and it makes 9.

St johnstone Hibs and Motherwell are on the country's points of 7.38 because their individual scores are less than that.

Our individual score is 0, so after this season the country's total will likely be higher than whatever we earn. So that will in effect be our total. At this point, as the pts for this season obviously haven't been added, we are on 0 either way.

image.thumb.png.47f19e7ca5d1edc2eec3b165908e0c52.png

BackOfTheNet

Seems a flimsy reason to change fixtures around, a concert. You always want the 2nd leg at home to give you the fans on your side when you know what you’re needing.

Heartsmad1874

There is a potential clash if they do reverse the fixtures as Basel would be due to play at home in their second leg aswell. Unless they reversed that fixture should it be Basel that progress. Or they reverse the fixtures and Basel play Wednesday and Zurich play Thursday or vice versa.

Zurich might just have to accept that its in St Gallen though.

Fxxx the SPFL
8 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

UEFA like to take an overview of fixtures and draws and locations and travelling. If there is anything remotely resembling a troublesome clash, they swap fixtures around. It’s no big deal unless of course you have jumped the gun and booked Zurich and UEFA spot something that requires a reversal 

that seems totally wrong JC we could end up playing away in the second leg therefore losing any advantage and not of our making Zurich assuming they beat Linfield are the ones who have booked their stadium out.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Europa league/conference 22/23 - Zurich v Hearts