Europa league/conference 22/23 - Zurich v Hearts

mickycameron98

They won’t change the fixtures around because of the concert. Zurich have already committed to St Gallen. They only do it for what they perceive as ‘fixture clashes’ EG the possibility of two big away supports being in close proximity in the same country

4 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

that seems totally wrong JC we could end up playing away in the second leg therefore losing any advantage and not of our making Zurich assuming they beat Linfield are the ones who have booked their stadium out.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Heartsmad1874

• JimmyCant

• hughesie27

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

They won’t change the fixtures around because of the concert. Zurich have already committed to St Gallen. They only do it for what they perceive as ‘fixture clashes’ EG the possibility of two big away supports being in close proximity in the same country

:2thumbsup:

Jambos_1874

Can we change the title please mods? JKB has already decided Zurich are progressing to the next round.

Edited by Jambos_1874

2 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Can we change the title please mods? JKB has already decided Zurich are progressing to the next round.

It’ll be plastered all over the walls of the Linfield dressing room.

They won’t qualify though

None of the other Swiss teams have qualified YET to play on our dates. All 3 (Young Boys, Basel and Lugano) are involved in the Conference qualifiers this week) If any switches need to be made it will one or more of those 3 who have to switch.

Anyone know why the first two league games against Celtic and St Johnstone are scheduled for Saturdays when we have Thursday night Euro ties? 

1 minute ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Anyone know why the first two league games against Celtic and St Johnstone are scheduled for Saturdays when we have Thursday night Euro ties? 

All weekend games are scheduled for Saturdays?  I assume they'll be moved to Sundays once our European fixtures are confirmed, which they aren't as it stands.

Ccjambo1874
3 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

They'll get moved. Sure the fixture has to be announced officially as x plays y on Thursday before they can sanction a move to the Sunday. Which ours hasn't been. 

Hypothetically if our game got moved to the Wednesday in Europe - which it won't, they'd not touch the game the following Saturday. 

17 hours ago, tian447 said:

Who's taking credit for this then? 

q8bjfnmsdaf91.png

:lol:

He may still score in Edinburgh...

AC Mallin_51
33 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

As much as it’s 99% likely it’ll be the Thursday, Europa games can sometimes get moved to earlier in the week if it affects scheduling

5 minutes ago, poultry said:

Will games be shown on BT Sport ?

Not until we reach group stages proper.

I see BBC have picked up Dundee Utd's game so hopefully they do similar for us this time around.

Ricardo Quaresma
3 hours ago, Waterboy said:

Sorry, but that's not right. UEFA website confirms its the higher of what a club has earned or their country's points divided by 5. See our clubs below.

Aberdeen are on 9 because they've earned 9. Add up each individual year and it makes 9.

St johnstone Hibs and Motherwell are on the country's points of 7.38 because their individual scores are less than that.

Our individual score is 0, so after this season the country's total will likely be higher than whatever we earn. So that will in effect be our total. At this point, as the pts for this season obviously haven't been added, we are on 0 either way.

image.thumb.png.47f19e7ca5d1edc2eec3b165908e0c52.png

Right, right, ok

It's been a long time since I looked into this; this is true about the points not adding on top of Country co-efficient

It's true we have no points in last 5 years

Although it seems like semantics, our co-efficient is not and cannot be zero

It is true we will have some way to go to catch the sheep, as they got points for beating easy teams in early rounds

We will have to win the play-off and / or group stage games to get anything above the minimum 2.5 points for ECL, should we drop down there

22 hours ago, cliffdanum said:

40 euro on train from Rotterdam..7hrs drinking on train though...

You living in the Netherlands?

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

None of the other Swiss teams have qualified YET to play on our dates. All 3 (Young Boys, Basel and Lugano) are involved in the Conference qualifiers this week) If any switches need to be made it will one or more of those 3 who have to switch.

Zurich haven't qualified YET either though?

1 hour ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Think of the Guinness mm

Why, have Zurich now rearranged the match to play in Dublin? :whistling: 

5 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

We will not be having our matches reversed, should we play Zurich

I'm hoping not but do you know that for certain or just a hunch ?

Ferryjambo99
22 minutes ago, poultry said:

Will games be shown on BT Sport ?

Bt don't have licence until the groups. However its likely the away leg at least will be televised either on premier sports or the bbc 

Ricardo Quaresma

All the Swiss teams are more than 50km away from Zürich and St Gallen

That is the same for any team in any bordering country

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Zurich haven't qualified YET either though?

And so moving the game wouldn’t be an issue if they don’t qualify because as of 6pm we’ll have away first confirmed. 

25 minutes ago, the general said:

I don't think so

24 minutes ago, Homme said:

I see BBC have picked up Dundee Utd's game so hopefully they do similar for us this time around.

6 minutes ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

Bt don't have licence until the groups. However its likely the away leg at least will be televised either on premier sports or the bbc 

Cheers guys. 👍 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
3 minutes ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

Football on TV has got so complicated nowadays. Not got BT Sport but was going to add it to my Sky in time for the qualifying round, but will hang off doing it till we know what TV company is covering it. Hope it's BBC. Premier would be OK, I suppose, as we'd get 2 games for the one month's subscription, then onto BT Sport in September.

Smoked-Glass
33 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Why, have Zurich now rearranged the match to play in Dublin? :whistling: 

Hehe. Guinness is lovely on the whole of the island of Ireland, not just Dublin 

55 minutes ago, Homme said:

Yeh BBC showed most of St Johnstones qualifiers last season as well so would expect Hearts games to be on BBC 

1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

Is BT Sports not a stupid amount to add onto your TV account? £25 a month or something?

Yes I was paying £28- just cancelled it. Better spending that in the pub.

1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

Is BT Sports not a stupid amount to add onto your TV account? £25 a month or something?

Yeah it's ridiculous. Although you can get it on two devices so potential for cost sharing. 

I pay sky sports for me and my old man and he pays for BT sport. We give each other access to them both.

It's no wonder people stream though 

Kiss my badge

Tottenham couldn't play a home fixture last year due to an outbreak of covid. The cancellation was due to medical reasons but the result was awarded 0-3 to their opposition ( Rennes)

And I get that Ukraine teams are currently allowed to play elsewhere and we all know the sad reasons for that. 

However for a professional football club to allow their stadium to be used for a concert with the full knowledge they could have a game on that date is just not on, and has to lead to a forfeit of the fixture. 

If FC Zurich can not fulfill this fixture on their own ground on the date arranged surely the match should be awarded as a 0-3 win to Hearts. 

19 minutes ago, Kiss my badge said:

Tottenham couldn't play a home fixture last year due to an outbreak of covid. The cancellation was due to medical reasons but the result was awarded 0-3 to their opposition ( Rennes)

And I get that Ukraine teams are currently allowed to play elsewhere and we all know the sad reasons for that. 

However for a professional football club to allow their stadium to be used for a concert with the full knowledge they could have a game on that date is just not on, and has to lead to a forfeit of the fixture. 

If FC Zurich can not fulfill this fixture on their own ground on the date arranged surely the match should be awarded as a 0-3 win to Hearts. 

Bit harsh.

Kiss my badge

Not really if they hadn't notified UEFA there stadium was unavailable then stuff them. they want to take the UEFA dollars and money from holding concerts.  

Ricardo Quaresma

I'd take that ^^^^

**** Zürich :rofl:

But they have surely nominated this ground (St Gallen) in accordance with the rules

It does seem to prove that we could nominate Tynecastle or Murrayfield and change venue in the next tie, especially if we change competition

I don't think we could change venue between rounds in the same competition though

Back to 2005
13 minutes ago, Homme said:

Bit harsh.

I don’t think so to be honest. Can you imagine it it was us and we had to play our first European game in years at Easter Road or murrayfield so that we could host a concert?! They are clearly a bunch of amateurs….who will probably beat us!

Ricardo Quaresma

So, this Zürich manager, was he the one who won them the league?

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
typo

Just now, Ricardo Quaresma said:

So, this Zürich manager, was he the one who won them tge league?

Nope. That guy went off to Hoffenheim 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Back to 2005 said:

I don’t think so to be honest. Can you imagine it it was us and we had to play our first European game in years at Easter Road or murrayfield so that we could host a concert?! They are clearly a bunch of amateurs….who will probably beat us!

They are amateurish

I already stated that this would be a greasy fixture

We can beat them, we can definitely outscore them

Kiss my badge
17 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

But they have surely nominated this ground (St Gallen) in accordance with the rules

if they nominating St Gallen in time? its fair enough.  But what are times allowed for this, I guess this concert has been planned for months.

I like to think at some point early on FC Zurich notified UEFA, Also why wasn't this pointed out before the draw was made letting everyone know FC Zurich could possible not be playing at home. This is the problem with European football the draws for cup games are to simple, it's about time the rules are tightened.:facepalm:     

Edited by Kiss my badge

Rocky jamboa

Can't see why the fixtures would be switched to us being at home the first leg. Playing at home the second leg is a big advantage and their own fault for renting out their stadium on a date they could have been playing in europe. Especially being a Thursday.  Can you imagine the seethe if Budge had rented Tynecastle out on one of our euro dates!? 😄

Gives us a slight boost playing our away leg in a neutral venue, then knowing what we need to do in front of a packed Tynie in the 2nd leg.

Zurich don't own their stadium so they may have so say over whether concerts etc are held and when.

It's better for us they don't play in their home stadium.

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, Kiss my badge said:

It is the ground they play at, as do FC Grasshopper Zurich. But neither club own the stadium, it is owned by the Zurich Town Cpuncil. It may be rhe case that the town council were invovled in arranging the concert being held in the stadium. We'll find out today if there is any reason why UEFA might reverse the home legs of the ties, thry may well sy it should go ahead as is, with the first leg being played in St Gallen

Edited by portobellojambo1

Ricardo Quaresma

There is definitely no conflicting matches as defined in UEFA article 23

50km radius

Definitely not

Smoked-Glass
2 hours ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Football on TV has got so complicated nowadays. Not got BT Sport but was going to add it to my Sky in time for the qualifying round, but will hang off doing it till we know what TV company is covering it. Hope it's BBC. Premier would be OK, I suppose, as we'd get 2 games for the one month's subscription, then onto BT Sport in September.

Premier has a lot of internationals in September too , plus the league cup.

After that I think I will bin it

GorgieOnTour

Seen some chat of Edin>Geneva direct Wednesday and returning Friday. Had a quick research on the trains too and albeit being 3 and half hours.. the rail link seems pretty good. Think I’ll do this as prices ok.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
24 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Premier has a lot of internationals in September too , plus the league cup.

After that I think I will bin it

Will subscribe from 18 Aug if they have our away game for a month and again if we have LC games covered by them🤞

1 hour ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Can't see why the fixtures would be switched to us being at home the first leg. Playing at home the second leg is a big advantage and their own fault for renting out their stadium on a date they could have been playing in europe. Especially being a Thursday.  Can you imagine the seethe if Budge had rented Tynecastle out on one of our euro dates!? 😄

Gives us a slight boost playing our away leg in a neutral venue, then knowing what we need to do in front of a packed Tynie in the 2nd leg.

I'm sure I read somewhere that 70% of teams that go through play the second leg at home so definitely an advantage we don't want to lose.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Europa league/conference 22/23 - Zurich v Hearts