Ricardo Quaresma
25 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The club are saying this.ย 

4F3C4C60-3C54-45B2-A8AB-73BA9EEA0A37.jpeg

ย 

Murrayfield 2nd leg - Nap

Victor Meldrew
59 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Anyone any other routes? Edinburgh - Frankfurt then train? Don't fancy booking a direct flight with some unheard of company.

Eidelweiss are pretty good - I think they're owned by Swiss and therefore ultimately Lufthansa

Heartsmad1874
Just now, Victor Meldrew said:

Eidelweiss are pretty good - I think they're owned by Swiss and therefore ultimately Lufthansa

Might have to take the jump and book direct with them

Chuck Berry
26 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

ย 

Very possibly. We will be going with a friend who works in the travel industry and he has been online since the draw looking at all travel options, I'll trust in his decisions/contacts to get it right. Jus as the draw was made return flights for Basel were ยฃ130, and 15 minutes ago they were up at around ยฃ260. For somewhere like Zurich it is a good time ro know someone travelling who works in the UK rail industry, where you can then fly to the likes of Berlin or Cologne and the UK rail employee could deal with European train travel. We did it that wa lyast rime we played in Prague, train to Glasgow, flighr to Berlin and thrn train from Berlin to Prague, with a free bar on it, all in the company of a Scotrail employee

ย 

I've been traveling to Scotland games for over 20 years, and will be in Poland in September for the Ukraine game, so I'm aware of what can and can't be done.ย  The good thing with that is there's rarely short notice games like you get in European Club competition, so you rarely have to swallow higher costs as a result unless you're heading to Kazakhstan or somewhere like that.

ย 

At least the group stages will provide a bit more notice, and we'll have moved beyond the peak summer period.

Edited by Chuck Berry

Reckon this tie really does matter to us. I know we are guaranteed group stages regardless but other than the slight boost in finances for europa league, we would be in with a small chance of achieving 3rd which I believe would parachute us into the knockout stages in the Conference league?ย 
Definitely worth getting the europa over the conference in my opinion!

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Heart of Midlothian will face Linfield or Zurich in the Europa League play-off round over 18 and 25 August. Hearts are away from home in the first leg.

ย 

C&P from BBC Sport

So, we're probably at home first then! ๐Ÿ˜‰

11 minutes ago, Jambomuzz said:

Reckon this tie really does matter to us. I know we are guaranteed group stages regardless but other than the slight boost in finances for europa league, we would be in with a small chance of achieving 3rd which I believe would parachute us into the knockout stages in the Conference league?ย 
Definitely worth getting the europa over the conference in my opinion!

ย 

EL is also the better of the two competitions. I'd absolutely rather we qualify for it than the conference league.

15 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

ย 

I've been traveling to Scotland games for over 20 years, and will be in Poland in September for the Ukraine game, so I'm aware of what can and can't be done.ย  The good thing with that is there's rarely short notice games like you get in European Club competition, so you rarely have to swallow higher costs as a result unless you're heading to Kazakhstan or somewhere like that.

ย 

At least the group stages will provide a bit more notice, and we'll have moved beyond the peak summer period.

I'm starting to think this way too.

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

ย 

Murrayfield 2nd leg - Nap

I mentioned that a few weeks ago, certainly got folk talking ๐Ÿ˜†.ย 
I think you have to stipulate beforehand where you will play but if we got a big team or Man U thereโ€™s money to be made.ย 

Just now, Taffin said:

ย 

EL is also the better of the two competitions. I'd absolutely rather we qualify for it than the conference league.

Aye you want to be playing at the highest level possible & that's the EL for us.

ย 

If we don't get through & end up in the Conference then there's still a good time to be had & plenty of prestige but it's got to be the Europa we want ideally.

The Real Maroonblood
18 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

ย 

ย 

Good post.

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I mentioned that a few weeks ago, certainly got folk talking ๐Ÿ˜†.ย 
I think you have to stipulate beforehand where you will play but if we got a big team or Man U thereโ€™s money to be made.ย 

ย 

I think we can change venue if we change competition, so if we nominate for Europa, then change to ECL, then we can change venue

ย 

Or maybe not

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Waterboy said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

Heieiei, first Linfield, then Hearts and eventually Rangers, then we would have dealt with the Orange Order/Protestant clubs all.

ย 

Was this posted by Old McDonald?

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Jeff said:

I know money is key but playing a team like Manchester United at Tynecastle rather than Murrayfield would be incredible

ย 

Yeah, Liverpool & Spurs went brilliantly

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Folk must be booking the Basel flights, they've shot up over ยฃ130 in the last 10 minutes.

Aye. I know which way weโ€™re going but Iโ€™m saying nuthin till weโ€™ve booked it

1 hour ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Anyone any other routes? Edinburgh - Frankfurt then train? Don't fancy booking a direct flight with some unheard of company.

ย 

Not done it myself, but I noticed the overnight bus from BRUSSELS to ZURICH is really cheap with Flixbus.com - so there might be a potential cheapo flying RYANAIR Edinburgh to Brussels Charleroi on the Wednesday and back the Saturday, with overnight bus from Brussels to Zurich both ways on the Wednesday night/Thursday morning back the Friday night/Saturday morning. You'll need to get from Charleroi into Brussels.

ย 

About an hour ago, the flights were just ยฃ49 return plus the usual RYANAIR add-ons, and the overnight bus was 79.98euros return (about ยฃ66). I'd prepare for a trip to remember with this kind of arrangement though - and take it in your stride if you miss connections and football matches!

ย 

ย 

Just now, Ricardo Quaresma said:

ย 

ย 

In terms of atmosphere they were enjoyable. Spurs absolutely bossed us but look at their team at the time!

ย 

ย 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

ย 

Fair point, they were good teams though ๐Ÿ˜†.ย 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Jeff said:

I know money is key but playing a team like Manchester United at Tynecastle rather than Murrayfield would be incredible

I think I might pass out giving that square headed squeaky voiced moaning useless ***** Maguire abuse ๐Ÿ˜†.ย 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I think I might pass out giving that square headed squeaky voiced moaning useless ***** Maguire abuse ๐Ÿ˜†.ย 

ย 

No sure he'd fit down the tunnel. Lucky we haven't filled in the corners yet

Heartsmad1874

Is there any travel operators out there that would run a charter? Sure Rangers use CTM group but i think thats a club/company partnership

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Jeff said:

ย 

No sure he'd fit down the tunnel. Lucky we haven't filled in the corners yet

Hahahahaha indeed, we shouldnโ€™t lose any balls out the ground from his amazing passes ๐Ÿ˜†.ย 

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Is there any travel operators out there that would run a charter? Sure Rangers use CTM group but i think thats a club/company partnership

Used to be a couple of private charters. Dave Mcphersin rings a bell as one previously.ย 

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, **** the SPFL said:

do you not fancy running a bus

I don't mind being involved with it for every domestic fixtures we have, we've even taken our bus down south to Hull. But for European games I'd prefer to pass on that option

Edited by portobellojambo1
Spelling awful

Zurich it would seem confirming game will take place in St Gallen instead, as concert at their ground the same night. 80km detour

80B414E3-C013-4C3C-92F9-EDE73E8D6C3B.jpeg

Ballitojambo
2 hours ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Who are Edelweiss? Reliable?

They are part of Swiss ,flew with them a couple of weeks ago, old school , you get a free sandwich, after Transavia they were a joy.

Thought Police

Suppose it might be easy enough to get from Zurich to St Gallen, depends how it would work after the game.

29 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

ย 

ย 

To be fair my memory of that Liverpool game is that it was pretty close and we were quite unlucky to lose 1-0 via an OG. We certainly gave them a fright as they put out a much stronger team in the second leg.ย 

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

How do you know its not the hardest tie, is really the question, suspect you have very little clue, who would?ย 

Well considering Zurich's coefficient is lower than Malmo, Gent, Ferencvaros etc, pretty clear on paper its not the hardest tie.ย 

Ricardo Quaresma
7 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Well considering Zurich's coefficient is lower than Malmo, Gent, Ferencvaros etc, pretty clear on paper its not the hardest tie.ย 

ย 

It's a good question

ย 

They won Swiss league last year, sounds like a Leicester job, while every other team played Europe

ย 

They have no European points for 5 years

17 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Suppose it might be easy enough to get from Zurich to St Gallen, depends how it would work after the game.

23:37 last train...

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Would imagine our coefficient is lower than others too, really dont think its just that objective.

ย 

Personally I think its a hard enough game based on their performance last season, they have not had a great deal of European football to get a coefficient, as you say, its to be enjoyed in any case, in my opinion I dont see them being any easier than any other

22games nro
26 minutes ago, liam11 said:

Zurich it would seem confirming game will take place in St Gallen instead, as concert at their ground the same night. 80km detour

80B414E3-C013-4C3C-92F9-EDE73E8D6C3B.jpeg

ย 

645F7C23-5F98-4FF7-904F-8E1524956A49.jpeg

Bazzas right boot
54 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

ย 

ย 

Liverpool beat us by 1 goal...ย 

ย 

Spurs scored 5 lucky goals at Tynecastle๐Ÿง

ย 

Also, unbeaten at White Hart Lane and Anfield over the 2 games.ย 

ย 

Man utd are pish, Ronaldo has Barry McKay posters on his wall, Maguire wishes he was good as Halkett and De Gea watches Gordon for gk improvement tips.ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

invernessjt
Just now, davemclaren said:

Why would it be a late ko?

Do some games not ko at 6pm and others at 8pm? Maybe that's just in the group stages?

davemclaren
Just now, invernessjt said:

Do some games not ko at 6pm and others at 8pm? Maybe that's just in the group stages?

Iโ€™ve no idea, to be honest. I just assumed they were all that time when in the more Westerly time zones.ย 

Ricardo Quaresma
4 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

August? Wow!!

ย 

That's linfield v zurich 1st & 2nd legs

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Europa league/conference 22/23 - Zurich v Hearts