Europa league/conference 22/23 - Zurich v Hearts

mickycameron98

Heartsmad1874

Anyone any other routes? Edinburgh - Frankfurt then train? Don't fancy booking a direct flight with some unheard of company.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Heartsmad1874

• JimmyCant

• hughesie27

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, richiehmfc said:

I see on that forum there is a comment about bringing 3000 fans to scotland. Is there a minimum clubs can claim of capacity? 

I thought it was 5% so they will probably get 2 sections (roughly 1500) 

And we will get a minimum of 1250 tickets but potentially more depending on how big their away section is

They played at a pretty big ground V Qarabag, not their own ground, I believe

gorgieheart
26 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Who are Edelweiss? Reliable?

Heard they are , small and and white,  clean and bright...  

:greggy:

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, richiehmfc said:

I see on that forum there is a comment about bringing 3000 fans to scotland. Is there a minimum clubs can claim of capacity? 

I thought it was 5% so they will probably get 2 sections (roughly 1500) 

And we will get a minimum of 1250 tickets but potentially more depending on how big their away section is

All the European ties I can remember it’s been 2 sections for away teams. 

gorgieheart
3 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Anyone any other routes? Edinburgh - Frankfurt then train? Don't fancy booking a direct flight with some unheard of company.

LH via Frankfurt is a good shout, or BA via London City...avoiding Heathrow

Ricardo Quaresma
31 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

It was, yes

Zurich have co-efficient of 7.000!!

Will try to clarify this

-

Right:

If more than one club from the same city, or within a radius of 50km (31 miles) of each other, is taking part in any of the UEFA club competitions and/or plays in the same stadium, and if the association and the clubs concerned explicitly declare when entering the clubs that their matches cannot be played on the same day or on consecutive days, the UEFA administration may alter or confirm dates and kick-off times in accordance with the principles set by the Club Competitions Committee.

Sure this is different from when we drew Spurs; if I recall, Fulham was moved because of lower co-efficient than Spurs

Anyone who wants to look through these:

https://documents.uefa.com/search/all?filters=FT_ContentType_custom~%22Competition+Regulations%22_%22Technical+Regulations%22*FullSeasonYears~%222022%2F23%22&content-lang=en-GB

32 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Who are Edelweiss? Reliable?

Edelweiss are fine. They are the cheaper arm and owned by swiss

Heartsmad1874
2 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Right:

If more than one club from the same city, or within a radius of 50km (31 miles) of each other, is taking part in any of the UEFA club competitions and/or plays in the same stadium, and if the association and the clubs concerned explicitly declare when entering the clubs that their matches cannot be played on the same day or on consecutive days, the UEFA administration may alter or confirm dates and kick-off times in accordance with the principles set by the Club Competitions Committee.

Sure this is different from when we drew Spurs; if I recall, Fulham was moved because of lower co-efficient than Spurs

Anyone who wants to look through these:

https://documents.uefa.com/search/all?filters=FT_ContentType_custom~%22Competition+Regulations%22_%22Technical+Regulations%22*FullSeasonYears~%222022%2F23%22&content-lang=en-GB

Looks like Young Boys could be at home on same day. Basel and Lugano both potentially away so looks to me the tie is safe as away first but unsure whether Wednesday or Thursday.

5 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Edelweiss are owned by Swiss Air so they're legit. Any flight has risks just now with all the cancellations etc but Swiss are a good reputable company.

Zurich is extremely well connected by train so you could fly to most places in the North of Italy, East of France, South/West Germany and Austria and be there on the train in 4-6 hours just depends how much of an issue that is for you. Theres usually cheap flights to Cologne so maybe look at there.

Heartsmad1874
Just now, connlach said:

Edelweiss are fine. They are the cheaper arm and owned by swiss

Might take the hit and book with them from Edinburgh. Least then its a direct flight.

mulleted_jambo
6 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

They played at a pretty big ground V Qarabag, not their own ground, I believe

Looks like they only got 10k against Qarabag despite their ground holding 26k.

tickets might not be a problem. 

6 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

7 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Edelweiss are the sister airline to Swiss mainly focusing on leisure routes, and part of the Lufthansa group. 

MarkDevriesScores4

A sellout at tynecastle would be wonderful on the 25th.

Thursday nights are a bit niche so hopefully we’ll still fill the ground 

portobellojambo1
1 minute ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

The prices for flights to either Basel or Zurich seem to be rising quite dramatically since the draw was made. Although I do agree with those who say FC Zurich are likely to progress it might be better if Linfield get through,more and cheaper ways to get to Belfast

Chuck Berry
2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

The prices for flights to either Basel or Zurich seem to be rising quite dramatically since the draw was made. Although I do agree with those who say FC Zurich are likely to progress it might be better if Linfield get through,more and cheaper ways to get to Belfast

Seems to be people with money to burn choosing to book now. I'll wait for the groups.

Ricardo Quaresma
5 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Looks like Young Boys could be at home on same day. Basel and Lugano both potentially away so looks to me the tie is safe as away first but unsure whether Wednesday or Thursday.

I'm thinking of E-Mailing Bert Kassies; it probably happened last year

I think higher tournament will take precedence

But if it can be eliminated via distance & date, then great

Ricardo Quaresma
13 minutes ago, mulleted_jambo said:

Looks like they only got 10k against Qarabag despite their ground holding 26k.

tickets might not be a problem. 

I posted a YouTube stream of that game

It has a running track around pitch

You can still see it here:

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, belly said:

flight prices to Belfast on Sleazyjet have just jumped up by £100 in the few minutes I have been looking at them!

greed, but no surprise.

Fxxx the SPFL
21 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

do you not fancy running a bus

Reckon this tie is probably roughly equivalent to Braga in terms of difficulty. We’ll be the underdogs, but it’s not impossible.

Midloth_Iain
7 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Who got Shamrock?

If they beat Shkupi, they play Qarabag or Ferencvaros

53 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Hope we absolutely pump them rotten for that cheek

They are sitting bottom of the Zurich top league as we speak 1 point from 9

I wouldn't be booking my Zurich ticket yet, Linfield will fancy themselves to go through over 2 legs 

portobellojambo1
2 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Seems to be people with money to burn choosing to book now. I'll wait for the groups.

Very possibly. We will be going with a friend who works in the travel industry and he has been online since the draw looking at all travel options, I'll trust in his decisions/contacts to get it right. Jus as the draw was made return flights for Basel were £130, and 15 minutes ago they were up at around £260. For somewhere like Zurich it is a good time ro know someone travelling who works in the UK rail industry, where you can then fly to the likes of Berlin or Cologne and the UK rail employee could deal with European train travel. We did it that wa lyast rime we played in Prague, train to Glasgow, flighr to Berlin and thrn train from Berlin to Prague, with a free bar on it, all in the company of a Scotrail employee

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Spookie said:

They are sitting bottom of the Zurich top league as we speak 1 point from 9

I wouldn't be booking my Zurich ticket yet, Linfield will fancy themselves to go through over 2 legs 

Aye Linfield will have their tails up after keeping it down to 8-0 against Bodo / Glimt ... 

Geneva and Milan are both decent options for getting to Zurich. Trains from Milan Centrale to Zurich every couple of hours and it takes around 3 hrs and 15 mins. Trains from Geneva to Zurich around every half hour and takes around 2 hours 45 mins.

Edited by stirlo

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Aye Linfield will have their tails up after keeping it down to 8-0 against Bodo / Glimt ... 

They will after beating Bodo at Home in the 1st leg 🙄

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

aye, most teams in this competition probably won their leagues, i dont care - i'm just happy my team gets to play in it. I'm not going to give myself a "reality check" because i'm excited my team is in Europe. I dont expect to win, but i still enjoy the prospect of playing a team that wasnt the hardest tie we could have received. 

How do you know its not the hardest tie, is really the question, suspect you have very little clue, who would? 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I heard they had a go tho, so they'll be OK. 

Just need to believe really hard for the next game. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Homme said:

Who cares.

Lose and we drop into ECL group stages.

Nobody really gives too much a shit if its EL or ECL groups.

Exactly what I said this morning 👍

Watt-Zeefuik
58 minutes ago, Jeff said:

This post was an interesting one...

‎Heieiei, first Linfield, then Hearts and eventually Rangers, then we would have dealt with the Orange Order/Protestant clubs all.‎

edit - 10mins late :)

Hope for a Boyce hat trick and that he crosses himself after each one.

Mr Elwood P
6 minutes ago, Spookie said:

They will after beating Bodo at Home in the 1st leg 🙄

8-1 Agg ... absolutely buzzing!

We_are_the_Hearts
10 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Very possibly. We will be going with a friend who works in the travel industry and he has been online since the draw looking at all travel options, I'll trust in his decisions/contacts to get it right. Jus as the draw was made return flights for Basel were £130, and 15 minutes ago they were up at around £260. For somewhere like Zurich it is a good time ro know someone travelling who works in the UK rail industry, where you can then fly to the likes of Berlin or Cologne and the UK rail employee could deal with European train travel. We did it that wa lyast rime we played in Prague, train to Glasgow, flighr to Berlin and thrn train from Berlin to Prague, with a free bar on it, all in the company of a Scotrail employee

Would be happy to know your final arrangements, even by PM!

Heartsmad1874
2 minutes ago, Jambo na hÉireann said:

Feck this airplane nonsense. I’ll be taking the Micra 

Any spare seats🤣

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Europa league/conference 22/23 - Zurich v Hearts