Harry Kane

Morgan

7 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Southgate doesn't half play the game by numbers!  yawn. They've got a very exciting group of players but they'll get in front against average sides like Ukraine then just stifle the game with 9/10 behind the ball. Tedious af!  Even the subs ... bar giving Toney his debut to give Harry the acclaim, which was the most obvious sub, like ever was just one big yawn.

International Football isnt as good as the EPL.

Its that simple for me.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• H2

• Unknown user

• Cruyff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Was last summer no? That’s the one I was referring to anyways but yeah bad mistake having his brother as his agent 

2021, they got Haaland last summer so weren’t after anyone else.
Great footballer but a diving cheat who cant be all that popular with those players who have suffered the poor decisions by refs who fall for his antics. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, ArcticJambo said:

Southgate doesn't half play the game by numbers!  yawn. They've got a very exciting group of players but they'll get in front against average sides like Ukraine then just stifle the game with 9/10 behind the ball. Tedious af!  Even the subs ... bar giving Toney his debut to give Harry the acclaim, which was the most obvious sub, like ever was just one big yawn.

He’s clueless at how to use the great attacking talent that they have, but  I suppose they arent exactly that well off at the back or in midfield really, and their GKs are poor. 

2 hours ago, ArcticJambo said:

They play walking football and bore the opposition to death. Bit like watching Hearts pissing about with it at the back. 

2 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

International Football isnt as good as the EPL.

Its that simple for me.

International / epl football on the whole isn’t as good as the SPFL to watch imo. 

A_A wehatethehibs

In terms of the quality of the talent and end product, Harry Kane is the equal of Wayne Rooney. Rooney had more playmaking and street football. But Kane has the quantity of goals. 

He is what Rooney basically would’ve been if he’d stayed 10 years at Everton. Trophyless nearly man. That’s the way the narrative goes anyway. Folk question a world class talent purely based on his club, because he’s been loyal to his boyhood club. Same as happened with Shearer. He’d probably have had a balon d’or if he’d moved to Ferguson’s Man United. But he went to the toon instead so folk say, Shearer was never true world great. All because of the club. Talent wise he Absolutely was. 

That’s why players are never loyal. The smart ones look for that big move. Which Rooney done.

Based on that and Man Uniteds clear need for a top Center Forward I think there’s still a chance we see Kane in something like a Man United jersey. 

You can’t have an unequivocal world class legacy at a Spurs, Newcastle or an Everton. You need to be at the big boys. 

2 hours ago, briever said:

My dad's bigger than his dad.

That’s probably about your level of comment, if truth be told.

I can't criticise Southgate's approach to games.  It's the way most big teams are playing nowadays.  If they went gung ho they would get picked off on the counter by a lot of teams.  I do agree that the football is on the boring side but it works (mostly) for England because when they get chances they tend to take them.

BangkokHearts

I'd like Scotland to adopt boring tactics and football if it meant we got to a finals tournament regularly. 

You can't argue with the results.

24 minutes ago, BangkokHearts said:

I'd like Scotland to adopt boring tactics and football if it meant we got to a finals tournament regularly. 

Exactly!  :thumbsup:

11 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

In terms of the quality of the talent and end product, Harry Kane is the equal of Wayne Rooney. Rooney had more playmaking and street football. But Kane has the quantity of goals. 

He is what Rooney basically would’ve been if he’d stayed 10 years at Everton. Trophyless nearly man. That’s the way the narrative goes anyway. Folk question a world class talent purely based on his club, because he’s been loyal to his boyhood club. Same as happened with Shearer. He’d probably have had a balon d’or if he’d moved to Ferguson’s Man United. But he went to the toon instead so folk say, Shearer was never true world great. All because of the club. Talent wise he Absolutely was. 

That’s why players are never loyal. The smart ones look for that big move. Which Rooney done.

Based on that and Man Uniteds clear need for a top Center Forward I think there’s still a chance we see Kane in something like a Man United jersey. 

You can’t have an unequivocal world class legacy at a Spurs, Newcastle or an Everton. You need to be at the big boys. 

Agree with all of that.  Funny though, cos it also shouldn't be painted as a negative - being loyal.  I mean I think Kane has tried to get out of Spurs a couple of times, but he's never downed tools or that so I guess that's loyal.

Not exactly a new opinion this, but the guy, for me, is a flat track bully.  Look at his goals and who they're against and at what stage of tournaments he's scored them.  He's a beneficiary of more international games against pish or semi-meaningful.

England get a dolly of a group almost every time and win every qualifier.  The shit it, Kane included, every time they play a big boy when it matters.  True world class players affect those games.  Look at Messi and Mbappe in the WCF.  That's the elite*

*superkick paaaaarty.

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Agree with all of that.  Funny though, cos it also shouldn't be painted as a negative - being loyal.  I mean I think Kane has tried to get out of Spurs a couple of times, but he's never downed tools or that so I guess that's loyal.

Not exactly a new opinion this, but the guy, for me, is a flat track bully.  Look at his goals and who they're against and at what stage of tournaments he's scored them.  He's a beneficiary of more international games against pish or semi-meaningful.

England get a dolly of a group almost every time and win every qualifier.  The shit it, Kane included, every time they play a big boy when it matters.  True world class players affect those games.  Look at Messi and Mbappe in the WCF.  That's the elite*

*superkick paaaaarty.

he has 14 in 19  games versus Arsenal so i think you have a point 🤷‍♂️

12 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Maradona? Went to an unfashionable side but still came out with an incredible club legacy. 

12 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

he has 14 in 19  games versus Arsenal so i think you have a point 🤷‍♂️

Ach I'll hold hands up and admit i dont know the facts on this as I take little interest in English football, but I def saw a graphic of his goals at some point recently and 98.6% of them were against Andorra!

I think!

He's a very very good player but he's simply not one I enjoy watching.  And not cos he's English.  I enjoyed watching Rooney, Scholes, Beckham, Gerrard and certainly Fowler who I loved when I was young.  Le Tiss obviously.  Countless others.  I dont enjoy watching Kane, despite his talent, and it maybe comes down to that.

Nookie Bear
9 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Ach I'll hold hands up and admit i dont know the facts on this as I take little interest in English football, but I def saw a graphic of his goals at some point recently and 98.6% of them were against Andorra!

I think!

He's a very very good player but he's simply not one I enjoy watching.  And not cos he's English.  I enjoyed watching Rooney, Scholes, Beckham, Gerrard and certainly Fowler who I loved when I was young.  Le Tiss obviously.  Countless others.  I dont enjoy watching Kane, despite his talent, and it maybe comes down to that.

No, you're spot on. International football is now littered with teams that are below EPL level and explains why the likes of Peter Crouch can bag 22 goals.

2 hours ago, BangkokHearts said:

Would you accept Hearts adopting boring tactics and football if it meant we finished 3rd in the league and reaching cup finals regularly?

I would but it's amazing how many don't.

14 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

:rofl:is he ****. Rooney is one of the greatest players ever ffs. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

*superkick paaaaarty.

Never downed tools? Loyal?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9855453/amp/What-happens-footballers-strike-Harry-Kane-tries-escape-Tottenham.html

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, BangkokHearts said:

From what I can see thats the plan

47 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah OK.   I wasn't praising the guy, don't worry!!!  For my sins, I tend to listen to Talksport a bit in the car (I can't be assed with djs deciding what music I listen to and can't be assed setting up bluetooth!), and Spurs fans must be about the worst out there imo (it worries me that I see a lot of what is laughable about them in our fanbase/on here!!!).  So get it round them I say.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

:rofl:is he ****. Rooney is one of the greatest players ever ffs. 

And if he’d stayed at Everton? Trophyless no mark. Nobody’d ever label him an all time great. Except Everton fans

The point is about how the club you’re at is the big factor determining the trophy’s a player wins. But on talent, that’s Kane above Rooney for England, and 4 goals away from overtaking him premier league all time  

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

A_A wehatethehibs

Another thing about Rooney, the guy smoked fags and drank alcohol. He was finished at about 31-32. You look at him now, he looks about 50. Pretty tragic that he should probably still be playing now if he’d looked after himself. 

Kane on the other hand is squeaky clean and looks after his body, he could conceivably do exactly what lewandowski Ronaldo Messi ibrahimovic have done, go till his late 30s. He’s got 6-7 more years in him

He will go well well clear of Rooneys total probably in every competition. 21 goals in champions league chasing down rooneys 30 as well. But it’s the medals that matters the most. Ain’t happening at Tottenham 

25 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

And if he’d stayed at Everton? Trophyless no mark. Nobody’d ever label him an all time great. Except Everton fans

The point is about how the club you’re at is the big factor determining the trophy’s a player wins. But on talent, that’s Kane above Rooney for England, and 4 goals away from overtaking him premier league all time  

On talent? it's not even close. Kane couldn't lace Rooney's boots ffs. 

Only Everton fans label him an all time great? :lol:  Probably top 5 Man Utd players ever and played at Utd when they were one of the top 4 clubs in Europe. Stop talking utter nonsense. 

Kane's not played at the pinnacle of the game in those huge finals. The biggest game he ever played in was v France and he belted a pen into row Z. That's the difference, he's not elite.

Hattricks for England v San Marino, Panama, Montenegro and the likes don't make you great, just ask Steven Fletcher. 

He's on a par with Ali Daei of Iran, Miroslav Klose of Germany, Edin Dzeko of Bosnia, Lukaku, Giroud, as great goalscorers but never in his puff "a great", maybe at Spurs but he'd still be below Blanchflower, Mackay and Hoddle for most Spurs fans. 

Unknown user
28 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I know what you're saying, but Rooney was a generational talent and I just don't think the wonky chinned tit's at the same level. Kane's great, but he's not a great.

A_A wehatethehibs
20 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I know what you're saying, but Rooney was a generational talent and I just don't think the wonky chinned tit's at the same level. Kane's great, but he's not a great.

We will see. Kane will probably get 100 goals for England at this rate. He will double rooneys total not just beat it.

And he will go clear of him in the premier league might even get to 300. He will be above Rooney in the #2 spot before the end of this season. Chasing down shearers 260

And if he moves to a big club, who knows. 

26 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Only Everton fans label him an all time great? :lol:  Probably top 5 Man Utd players ever and played at Utd when they were one of the top 4 clubs in Europe. Stop talking utter nonsense. 

Kane's not played at the pinnacle of the game in those huge finals. The biggest game he ever played in was v France and he belted a pen into row Z. That's the difference, he's not elite.

Hattricks for England v San Marino, Panama, Montenegro and the likes don't make you great, just ask Steven Fletcher. 

He's on a par with Ali Daei of Iran, Miroslav Klose of Germany, Edin Dzeko of Bosnia, Lukaku, Giroud, as great goalscorers but never in his puff "a great", maybe at Spurs but he'd still be below Blanchflower, Mackay and Hoddle for most Spurs fans. 

Again - the point is about the club changing your perception of the player. You’ve compared rooney at man United with Kane at Spurs. Rooney had great players around him, winners, leaders and an all time great manager. He didn’t carry that club himself. He saw what was there, at the club and he moved to the big club from the No mark club Everton. He moved to the top club in the country. Kanes not done that. 

You dodged the question, what would your perception be of the alternative universe Wayne Rooney if he had stayed at Everton? You seemed to answer it by listing his Man U legacy. But what if he stayed Everton  for 10 years, won absolutely **** all as they done? You would not be swooning the way you are. You’d call him an trophyless dud. Same player, same talent. Only Everton fans would view him as an all time great. Maybe he’d have carried Everton to champions league a few times just as Kane has done. Might of won a cup with luck.

Your perception is influenced because he made the big move, and he bagged the big trophy’s. He played with the big guns, the top squad. So you put him a level above Kane. But Kanes career ain’t over. What if Kane winds up in one of the big club squads? We might yet see that happen.

I’ve said above, I could very well see Kane moving to Man U in the summer. He’s got a solid 5-6-7 years left if he looks after himself. He is exactly the player Sir Alex Ferguson would buy right now. Fergie would be tabling good offers for Kane in the summer. Not unlike Robin Van Persie, yet another example, world class at his prev club Arsenal, but he couldn’t get the big trophy, so he made that power move to a bigger club and better squad for the big trophy’s and bagged the Title. Making it beyond doubt he was a world class legacy. But for kane, as long as he’s at tottenham the doubters like you will still be there. He would need Ten Haag to think the same mindset as Ferguson. Ferguson would definitely be throwing the kitchen sink to get Kane. 

Kane is going to go not just above Rooney but miles clear of him on goals so cannot see how he’s “not fit to lace his boots”  or it’s “utter nonsense” if he scores 100+ more goals than him. Particularly if he makes that big move and gets the big trophy’s. He will always be behind Rooney on trophy’s tho because Rooney made that power move at the right time in his career. Harry I’m sure would be happy with just the 1 at this point

Unknown user
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

We will see. Kane will probably get 100 goals for England at this rate. He will double rooneys total not just beat it.

And he will go clear of him in the premier league might even get to 300. He will be above Rooney in the #2 spot before the end of this season. Chasing down shearers 260

Again - the point is about the club changing your perception of the player. You’ve compared rooney at man United with Kane at Spurs. Rooney had great players around him, winners, leaders and an all time great manager. He didn’t carry that club himself. He saw what was there, at the club and he moved to the big club from the No mark club Everton. He moved to the top club in the country. Kanes not done that. 

You dodged the question, what would your perception be of the alternative universe Wayne Rooney if he had stayed at Everton? You seemed to answer it by listing his Man U legacy. But what if he stayed Everton  for 10 years, won absolutely **** all as they done? You would not be swooning the way you are. You’d call him an trophyless dud. Same player, same talent. Only Everton fans would view him as an all time great. Maybe he’d have carried Everton to champions league a few times just as Kane has done. Might of won a cup with luck.

Your perception is influenced because he made the big move, and he bagged the big trophy’s. He played with the big guns, the top squad. So you put him a level above Kane. But Kanes career ain’t over. What if Kane winds up in one of the big club squads? We might yet see that happen.

I’ve said above, I could very well see Kane moving to Man U in the summer. He’s got a solid 5-6-7 years left if he looks after himself. He is exactly the player Sir Alex Ferguson would buy right now. Fergie would be tabling good offers for Kane in the summer. Not unlike Robin Van Persie, yet another example, world class at his prev club Arsenal, but he couldn’t get the big trophy, so he made that power move to a bigger club and better squad for the big trophy’s and bagged the Title. Making it beyond doubt he was a world class legacy. But for kane, as long as he’s at tottenham the doubters like you will still be there. He would need Ten Haag to think the same mindset as Ferguson. Ferguson would definitely be throwing the kitchen sink to get Kane. 

Kane is going to go not just above Rooney but miles clear of him on goals so cannot see how he’s “not fit to lace his boots”  or it’s “utter nonsense” if he scores 100+ more goals than him. Particularly if he makes that big move and gets the big trophy’s. He will always be behind Rooney on trophy’s tho because Rooney made that power move at the right time in his career. Harry I’m sure would be happy with just the 1 at this point

Rooney's more akin to Haaland than Kane IMO

Unknown user
Just now, Smithee said:

Rooney's more akin to Haaland than Kane IMO

I suppose what I'm saying is that there's more to it than numbers, even with trophies.

Guys like Rooney, Haaland, Jonah Lomu, these are absolute forces of nature.

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Another thing about Rooney, the guy smoked fags and drank alcohol. He was finished at about 31-32. You look at him now, he looks about 50. Pretty tragic that he should probably still be playing now if he’d looked after himself. 

Kane on the other hand is squeaky clean and looks after his body, he could conceivably do exactly what lewandowski Ronaldo Messi ibrahimovic have done, go till his late 30s. He’s got 6-7 more years in him

He will go well well clear of Rooneys total probably in every competition. 21 goals in champions league chasing down rooneys 30 as well. But it’s the medals that matters the most. Ain’t happening at Tottenham 

not wrong there....

image.jpeg.10ff042bad58f774661b28074f988bf5.jpeg

wayne rooney... fat ou not? - Wayne Rooney - fanpop

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Yeah OK.   I wasn't praising the guy, don't worry!!!  For my sins, I tend to listen to Talksport a bit in the car (I can't be assed with djs deciding what music I listen to and can't be assed setting up bluetooth!), and Spurs fans must be about the worst out there imo (it worries me that I see a lot of what is laughable about them in our fanbase/on here!!!).  So get it round them I say.

Sorry I cant stand him, or the two teams he plays for or their fans tbh 😆

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Yep.  Great point. Is Giroud an all time great?  Would people have him up there with France or Europe's best ever strikers?

He's France's top scorer AAAAAND has a WC winners medal...

(btw always though Giroud was a top player and underused especially at Arsenal, but that tells it all, he couldn't get a game...)

Pasquale for King

One big difference between Kane and Rooney is how they look after themselves, one has a personal chef for example. 

8 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The fact that you think Kane is on par with Rooney on any level is simply laughable, a ridiculous assertion. It's a bit like a video I saw today on tik tok where some English fans were saying that Maradona wouldn't get his game for Crystal Palace. That's how batshit mental that comparison is.

Rooney was a magical player. He could have won trophies for Everton had he stayed, Jamie Vardy did it for Leicester so why not?

What is true is that he was too good to play for Everton from the get go.  Rooney was scoring worldies in the EPL at 16 when at the same age Kane was still kicking a ball down the park with his pals. He was on a completely different level, he was on par with Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi's level between 16-24, he was a phenomenon. Unfortunately he wasn't as professional and didn't quite reach the same heights in the end. Those two worked hard to become the best while Rooney was smoking 40 a day and banging grannies.

Harry Kane can't even be considered near his bracket regardless of how many times you want to spin it. It doesn't matter how much he scores or how many trophies he does or doesn't win, he's just not up there with the best there's been, not even close. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Agreed but had Rooney looked after himself he would be way ahead of Kane, only has himself to blame. 

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yep.  Great point. Is Giroud an all time great?  Would people have him up there with France or Europe's best ever strikers?

(btw always though Giroud was a top player and underused especially at Arsenal, but that tells it all, he couldn't get a game...)

Exactly. It's like comparing a Ferrari with a Ford Escort.

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sorry I cant stand him, or the two teams he plays for or their fans tbh 😆

Yup both the same in a way.  Count themselves in the elite bracket without anything to back that up.

Spurs fans demanding Levy and Conte go etc, just like every other manager cos he only has them in 4th... When were they ever better than that?  Dave McKay is the answer.  Been a mid table team most of my life and I'm 43 but their fans behave like they should be winning titles while playing "The Spurs Way" and all that spunky nonsense.  Laughable listening to them.  Same England.

(and as I say, a fair bit of it mirrored on here re Hearts, folk demanding things we've never achieved in multiple generations!)

A_A wehatethehibs

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Do you know, I changed my mind about Giroud at the World Cup there. Never used to rate him all that much but watching him there, he’s brave, fearless, intimidating, skilful, and he’s unselfish at the right times. He can do everything, and he produces the goods.

But he’s too tall, too handsome, too good a head of hair plus he’s got that French charisma. I think that’s why a lot of men just cant bring ourselves like him. The guy is too perfect. A champions league win with Milan would be a fine vintage of football greatness imo 

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Do you know, I changed my mind about Giroud at the World Cup there. Never used to rate him all that much but watching him there, he’s brave, fearless, intimidating, skilful, and he’s unselfish at the right times. He can do everything, and he produces the goods.

But he’s too tall, too handsome, too good a head of hair plus he’s got that French charisma. I think that’s why a lot of men just cant bring ourselves like him. The guy is too perfect. A champions league win with Milan would be a fine vintage of football greatness imo 

Benzema and Henry are better though. Even though Giroud is the leading all time goalscorer for France. 

A bit like Miroslav Klose..... 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Exactly. It's like comparing a Ferrari with a Ford Escort.

Good analogy. An absolutely mint condition immaculate maintained Escort Cosworth, £50-100k car vs a poorly maintained, off the road, not been serviced since before covid, blacked out wheels Ferrari 360 whos driver was a smoker and it stinks of fags… Also a £50k-100k car. Harry Kane = full service history, no advisory items. Wayne Rooney = she’s a good runner guv! 

Being serious tho, Kane is about to pass Rooneys colossal total of 208 Premier League goals. The level of disrespect from you is too high in my opinion. That is a monumental achievement when it happens. Anyway I’ve said my piece about the club perception and still maintain it. Harry Kane is a world class player, but he’s at a tier 2 Club. He’s got to make that power move which the likes of Rooney did make in his career as with many others. Got to join the big guns. 

Tommy Brown
8 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

oi they've included Scotland!!!

I've stirred you up then:lol:

That goal haunts me, 2-1 up stoppage time, we have have chance to run up the park with a 4 v 1. Think Armstrong bizarrely does the pass and we lose possession.

Harry ****ing Kane😭

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Yup both the same in a way.  Count themselves in the elite bracket without anything to back that up.

Spurs fans demanding Levy and Conte go etc, just like every other manager cos he only has them in 4th... When were they ever better than that?  Dave McKay is the answer.  Been a mid table team most of my life and I'm 43 but their fans behave like they should be winning titles while playing "The Spurs Way" and all that spunky nonsense.  Laughable listening to them.  Same England.

(and as I say, a fair bit of it mirrored on here re Hearts, folk demanding things we've never achieved in multiple generations!)

London Hibs.
All fan’s demand better now, just the times we live in. 

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

I've stirred you up then:lol:

That goal haunts me, 2-1 up stoppage time, we have have chance to run up the park with a 4 v 1. Think Armstrong bizarrely does the pass and we lose possession.

Harry ****ing Kane😭

That GK should’ve came for the cross, always has been his kryptonite. 

2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Good analogy. An absolutely mint condition immaculate maintained Escort Cosworth, £50-100k car vs a poorly maintained, off the road, not been serviced since before covid, blacked out wheels Ferrari 360 whos driver was a smoker and it stinks of fags… Also a £50k-100k car. Harry Kane = full service history, no advisory items. Wayne Rooney = she’s a good runner guv! 

Being serious tho, Kane is about to pass Rooneys colossal total of 208 Premier League goals. The level of disrespect from you is too high in my opinion. That is a monumental achievement when it happens. Anyway I’ve said my piece about the club perception and still maintain it. Harry Kane is a world class player, but he’s at a tier 2 Club. He’s got to make that power move which the likes of Rooney did make in his career as with many others. Got to join the big guns. 

It's not disrespect. I just think it's ridiculous to pigeon hole him in the top tier bracket of strikers when he's nowhere even close. 

Nookie Bear
48 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It's not disrespect. I just think it's ridiculous to pigeon hole him in the top tier bracket of strikers when he's nowhere even close. 

That scoring record in one of Europes top leagues suggests he is kinda close tbf