Posted Images

Seaside Dave
5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

:rofl:

Superb 

Hey what's funny Mr sooks ? 

1 minute ago, Seaside Dave said:

Hey what's funny Mr sooks ? 

The fact that he is such a prolific striker and he has played for two of the biggest clubs on the planet and still never won a trophy . The fact he was at the rival of the club he supports for the majority of that time is even more amusing :lol: 

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Who does he support 

Fantasists say he supports Arsenal as he was there briefly as a child. 

Luckies1874
33 minutes ago, Homme said:

It's amusing. The reality is he will win something big and soon though. He has been fantastic since moving.

The concern in my mind is that the "something big" thing does actually turn out to be in Germany just not with Bayern Munich  :sob:

18 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

The concern in my mind is that the "something big" thing does actually turn out to be in Germany just not with Bayern Munich  :sob:

They have to win something some time , happily Harry seems to be a bit of. a Jonah though , so lets hope that carries on for a while yet 

Luckies1874
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

They have to win something some time , happily Harry seems to be a bit of. a Jonah though , so lets hope that carries on for a while yet 

Personally I think our hope is Southgate rather than Kane but when you watch the form of some of their players there really can be no excuses this time. Their squad undoubtedly has depth but their starting 11 is frightening if they get it right especially going forward. 

53 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Personally I think our hope is Southgate rather than Kane but when you watch the form of some of their players there really can be no excuses this time. Their squad undoubtedly has depth but their starting 11 is frightening if they get it right especially going forward. 

Sadly so . Still they managed to make a tit of it with Beckham , Scholes , Owen , Shearer , Rooney , Gerrard , Lampard , Terry , Campbell and Ferdinand so there is still hope :lol: 

Seaside Dave
3 hours ago, Tazio said:

Fantasists say he supports Arsenal as he was there briefly as a child. 

Or when he was on the street parade celebrating arsenal winning the double in 2992  with his hair dyed red like Freddie ljungberg had at the time 

martoon
12 hours ago, Seaside Dave said:

Or when he was on the street parade celebrating arsenal winning the double in 2992  with his hair dyed red like Freddie ljungberg had at the time 

unnamed.jpg.9536721c939e33a9b60f4d1b5f984cb8.jpg

Japan Jambo
On 10/02/2024 at 21:05, The Old Tolbooth said:

0a2b8bad-372c-405e-be28-5440c4a01239.jpeg

Dunno does he not win this if he's top scorer? 🤣

bayern 2.jpg

Seaside Dave
35 minutes ago, martoon said:

unnamed.jpg.9536721c939e33a9b60f4d1b5f984cb8.jpg

Lol just noticed fs. Fat thumbs sorry 

martoon
43 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

Lol just noticed fs. Fat thumbs sorry 

1 hour ago, Boris said:

🤣

😊

The Old Tolbooth
11 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Dunno does he not win this if he's top scorer? 🤣

bayern 2.jpg

He does aye 😂 

Another Bundesliga hat-trick for the man.

Unfortunately, it’s not going to help them win the league.  :sad:  

RustyRightPeg
On 04/03/2024 at 17:39, Luckies1874 said:

The only thing stopping England winning a tournament is Southgate. 

As you say depth is incredible, but he continues to pick players like Henderson, Maguire, Shaw etc when he has much more talented individuals at his disposal. 

Luckies1874
2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

As you say depth is incredible, but he continues to pick players like Henderson, Maguire, Shaw etc when he has much more talented individuals at his disposal. 

I think only Shaw would start out of those 3 currently, if he was ever fit do so. The left back position is an interesting one as Chilwell has been injured and largely shite when fit too. Think Gomez has been playing well for Liverpool.....

He surely has to go Rice, Bellingham and Foden this time around. It's beyond obvious given their form. 

PapaShango
9 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

I think only Shaw would start out of those 3 currently, if he was ever fit do so. The left back position is an interesting one as Chilwell has been injured and largely shite when fit too. Think Gomez has been playing well for Liverpool.....

He surely has to go Rice, Bellingham and Foden this time around. It's beyond obvious given their form. 

Foden has rarely started under Southgate when he is clearly one of the best going at the moment, he is absolutely on fire for City but doesn't seem to be favoured. England have a great chance at the Euros and I think it will be between them and France to win it. If they got a better manager in place, I think they would be clear favourites. 

RustyRightPeg
11 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Foden has rarely started under Southgate when he is clearly one of the best going at the moment, he is absolutely on fire for City but doesn't seem to be favoured. England have a great chance at the Euros and I think it will be between them and France to win it. If they got a better manager in place, I think they would be clear favourites. 

Foden is the best player in the EPL currently. England should be Building round a midfield 3 of him Bellingham and Rice, yet the debate they have is where Foden 'fits in'. 

BigAlim
29 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Foden is the best player in the EPL currently. England should be Building round a midfield 3 of him Bellingham and Rice, yet the debate they have is where Foden 'fits in'. 

Realistically a trio of Saka, Bellingham and Foden in behind Kane should be the best attack in world football. Rice behind them is great at what he does but the insistence on Henderson or Phillips playing next to him just seems like a waste. They could chuck someone like TAA or Stones in there but that would make their back line even weaker than it is already 

• 2 weeks later...

It would, most likely, have been a different result tonight had Sir Harold of White Hart Lane played.

Malinga the Swinga

On 11/03/2024 at 09:35, RustyRightPeg said:

Pretty sure I heard someone earlier today say that Southgate only has 25% win record against teams in top ten of rankings. With players he has, that's not good enough. I hope he stays for long term.

the posh bit
On 11/03/2024 at 12:08, RustyRightPeg said:

Its quite remarkable that they have those three players to choose, and Kane up front, and still seem to be getting it badly wrong. 

Mikey1874

That was pretty awful tonight. Only Anthony Gordon did anything dangerous. Brazil kicked Bellingham off his game which will be noted. Foden was anonymous. But the biggest concern was defensive midfield. Brazil cut through England at will with a young relatively inexperienced side.  Might need to bring Kalvin Phillips back. 

The Real Maroonblood
14 hours ago, the posh bit said:

Its quite remarkable that they have those three players to choose, and Kane up front, and still seem to be getting it badly wrong. 

Long may it continue getting it wrong. 

• 3 weeks later...

And yet another Champions League goal from the useless, diving one.

👏

Seaside Dave

And a blatant elbow to Gabriel that receives only a yellow.

Mikey1874

Beautiful cool penalty.

Just get the winner next week now. Good to see Euro refs not conned by the diving. 

Seaside Dave
10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Beautiful cool penalty.

Just get the winner next week now. Good to see Euro refs not conned by the diving. 

Nothing on his blatant elbow to Gabriel ? 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

Nothing on his blatant elbow to Gabriel ? 

Tbf, it was a cool, blatant elbow as well.

As cool as his pk.

milky_26
7 hours ago, Seaside Dave said:

And a blatant elbow to Gabriel that receives only a yellow.

Sooperstar
20 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

If that had been a dirty foreigner for a German team against an English team then the commentators would be going ballistic. 

Samuel Camazzola

That's not a red. If anything, the defender has got his positioning all wrong and is too soft. 

hmfcbilly
50 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

That's not a red. If anything, the defender has got his positioning all wrong and is too soft. 

I agree. To me, i think he thought Gabriel was going to come in tighter or even try to clatter through so kane has put his arm out to try hold him off. It's clumsy, but don't think it's the evil elbow smash some are claiming. Just my opinion but think a yellow was correct 

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Really? I'm not saying it's a ref but to say it's too soft 😂 Kane's 6'2 and swung his bodyweight back into the boys chest/neck area. 

Mikey1874

Arteta has got his team diving and faking contact and injury. 

Suppose it's the modern way. 

Samuel Camazzola
7 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Really? I'm not saying it's a ref but to say it's too soft 😂 Kane's 6'2 and swung his bodyweight back into the boys chest/neck area. 

Everything looks exaggerated when slowed down. Kane does what every (good) forward does and has a look to see where the defender is. His body movements are natural and the defender is poor. 

This shouldn't be the focal point. The questions should be on the defender for picking the ball up and not getting a penalty against him. 

Lovecraft

It's not a red for me.  There is no way he meant to elbow him in the face.  He looked back to see where he was, and by the time he moved his body, Gabriel ducks his head into another position.  Kane was clearly just trying to position his body in-between the ball and the defender.

Kane is a diving cheat, but he isn't really a dirty player.

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Everything looks exaggerated when slowed down. Kane does what every (good) forward does and has a look to see where the defender is. His body movements are natural and the defender is poor. 

This shouldn't be the focal point. The questions should be on the defender for picking the ball up and not getting a penalty against him. 

Kane is notorious for putting defenders in danger by backing into them when they jump causing them to flip over. Nothing about that movement is natural, I'm sorry. 

escobri

Not even close to being a red card, and from what I seen in that match last night I thought the ref was really good.

Samuel Camazzola
43 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Kane is notorious for putting defenders in danger by backing into them when they jump causing them to flip over. Nothing about that movement is natural, I'm sorry. 

Nothing wrong with how Kane positions himself. It's what you want from your player in that situation.