Harry Kane

Morgan

On 26/03/2022 at 21:22, Cruyff said:

He's a great striker. Unfortunately, he'll always be known as a cheat.

To you perhaps, like Maradonna Ronaldo, and Thierry Henry ?... and many more. 

Harry Kane is a great player.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• H2

• Unknown user

• Cruyff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, H2 said:

Cannae be great if you've not won any trophies. 

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He has got trophies, many player of the years from different sources.

But maybe you mean like league titles, the main domestic cups, Euro and world Cups.

On that basis you'll be saying Matt Le Tissuer is not a great player.

and the 60 times capped Brazilian Socrates. 

But then lets' look at your belief. You will conclude that Jason Cummings is a better player than Harry Kane. :F6EFFECF-CB36-4574-9BC5-9AAB27271817:

2 minutes ago, H2 said:

He has got trophies, many player of the years from different sources.

But maybe you mean like league titles, the main domestic cups, Euro and world Cups.

On that basis you'll be saying Matt Le Tissuer is not a great player.

and the 60 times capped Brazilian Socrates. 

But then lets' look at your belief. You will conclude that Jason Cummings is a better player than Harry Kane. :F6EFFECF-CB36-4574-9BC5-9AAB27271817:

You're just making stuff up now. 

Kane might have more chance of a medal at the olympics in the diving tbf.

Edited by Cruyff

8 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

You're just making stuff up now. 

Kane might have more chance of a medal at the olympics in the diving tbf.

LOL, nothing there is made up at all facts, Le Tis never won a major trophy, Socrates never won a major trophy, Cummings is a Scottish Cup winner.

Your logic!

I think suggesting Kane winning an Olympics diving medal is making things up.

Fact is Harry Kane is a great player

A player who can score 49 goals for England in 69 games, can't be bad.

25, 29 and 30 goals in the English premier is successive seasons - That's a great player.

3 minutes ago, H2 said:

LOL, nothing there is made up at all facts, Le Tis never won a major trophy, Socrates never won a major trophy, Cummings is a Scottish Cup winner.

Your logic!

25, 29 and 30 goals in the English premier is successive seasons - That's a great player.

Socrates won 4 Brazilian league medals - major enough for you?

1 hour ago, briever said:

Socrates won 4 Brazilian league medals - major enough for you?

Really, could you tell me which teams and in what year. Here is a little bit of help.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campeonato_Brasileiro_Série_A = The major League in Brazil

Does not look like any major league wins to me. 

image.png.92eb8c550c8bbe62b1665e9d1fcc10eb.png

He did win some San Paulo regional league medals in Brazil, but that's not national Brazilian League.

He was South American footballer of the year in 1983.

One thing without like Harry Kane, a great player.

In terms of major or trophies you should really ask Cruyff, he's the one making the trophy rules to measure greatness.

Edited by H2

9 minutes ago, H2 said:

Really, could you tell me which teams and in what year. Here is a little bit of help.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campeonato_Brasileiro_Série_A = The major League in Brazil

Does not look like any major league wins to me. 

image.png.92eb8c550c8bbe62b1665e9d1fcc10eb.png

He did win some San Paulo regional league medals in Brazil, but that's not national Brazilian League.

He was South American footballer of the year in 1983.

One thing without like Harry Kane, a great player.

In terms of major or trophies you should really ask Cruyff, he's the one making the trophy rules to measure greatness.

Apologies, I misread that.

• 9 months later...
56 minutes ago, Morgan said:

He’ll never make it as a striker.

Doesn't score enough goals.

😜

Robbie would use him as a deep holding midfielder as he'd work hard in any case!

6 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Fantastic player. Well done Harry.  United bound this summer too. 

Where he’ll probably still win feck all 😂

On 15/06/2022 at 13:26, Cruyff said:

And in an instant writes off generations of great Hearts players. 

Edited by Tazio

Unknown user
19 minutes ago, Tazio said:

To be fair, he's a decent enough player, but he's no Darren Barr.

Well done Harry and his new record and him not taking out another satellite with his penalty. Oh and now roll on England winning the Euros. :bigyawn:

Just Imagine if Jimmy Greaves played against San Marino, Lichtenstein and the Gibraltars of this world. 57 games 44 goals. Class. 

Scotland were quite good, before some smart arse comes back with it.

Percival King
7 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Why? Has he got relatives in Dundee?

8 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I think he'll end up at City before he ends up at Utd.

6 minutes ago, 19052012 said:

I think he'll end up at City before he ends up at Utd.

Not if Haaland is still there.

ShortmanRossco
11 hours ago, Tazio said:

By this logic Robbo wouldn't be a Hearts great. Certainly an interesting take.

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, ShortmanRossco said:

By this logic Robbo wouldn't be a Hearts great. Certainly an interesting take.

Why? He received a winners medal in 1998. Saw it myself at Parkhead.

On 15/06/2022 at 14:00, H2 said:

Your logic!

I think sometmes everyone can be right.  Kane is obviously very good at what he does.  Hes an extremely good striker.

However he is also a cheat.  If an Italian had been doing what he did the other night, or some other Johnny Foreigner every other time I've seen him play the commentators would be up in arms.  Not only constantly "looking for fouls", but outright diving (all of which is "clever play" when you're English), and he also gets right in the refs face, asking for yellows, claiming everything and also quick enough in the refs face should anything be given against them.

Hey, it goes on.  Fair play, he does all of that well I suppose.  But he does it along with a MODEL PROFESSIONAL image.  It's nauseating.

ShortmanRossco
13 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Why? He received a winners medal in 1998. Saw it myself at Parkhead.

True but he didn't play in the final itself. Suppose it depends on how pedantic you want to be about it.

5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I think sometmes everyone can be right.  Kane is obviously very good at what he does.  Hes an extremely good striker.

However he is also a cheat.  If an Italian had been doing what he did the other night, or some other Johnny Foreigner every other time I've seen him play the commentators would be up in arms.  Not only constantly "looking for fouls", but outright diving (all of which is "clever play" when you're English), and he also gets right in the refs face, asking for yellows, claiming everything and also quick enough in the refs face should anything be given against them.

Hey, it goes on.  Fair play, he does all of that well I suppose.  But he does it along with a MODEL PROFESSIONAL image.  It's nauseating.

Did you see him crawl back onto the pitch from way behind the goal line last night feigning injury to hold up play? Commentator tried to justify it by saying he was manfully trying to get back into the game. 😄

4 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Not if Haaland is still there.

I don't think he will be. I can see Madrid trying to buy out his release clause.

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Did you see him crawl back onto the pitch from way behind the goal line last night feigning injury to hold up play? Commentator tried to justify it by saying he was manfully trying to get back into the game. 😄

It's actually hilarious.  One right near the end, very innocuous foul, he had more rolls than Bains!  Squealing away while he did so too.

As I say, if that was, I duno, Neymar I guess, they'd be up in arms.  Or at the very least they'd be laughing at him.

He is a good player though, hard to deny.  Does he do it when it really matters or is he a flat track bully is the only question I guess?  But then thats the question about England in general, for all how brilly brilliant they are.  They're playing against an Italy team made up of boys from Atalanta, Roma etc, and a dude upfront plucked from a second rate Argentinian team.  Good level of course, but hardly the gliteratti of world football.

Oh and another - minor - thing.  The penalty they scored from, VAR not fancy looking at Kane's push on the defender as the ball is in the air, no?  Another reason VAR is pish.

Malinga the Swinga
51 minutes ago, ShortmanRossco said:

True but he didn't play in the final itself. Suppose it depends on how pedantic you want to be about it.

That's neither here nor there. He was part of cup final winning squad and as such won a medal. 

FFS, a Hearts fan saying Robbo didn't win a medal. That's a low, even for here.

42 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

It's actually hilarious.  One right near the end, very innocuous foul, he had more rolls than Bains!  Squealing away while he did so too.

As I say, if that was, I duno, Neymar I guess, they'd be up in arms.  Or at the very least they'd be laughing at him.

He is a good player though, hard to deny.  Does he do it when it really matters or is he a flat track bully is the only question I guess?  But then thats the question about England in general, for all how brilly brilliant they are.  They're playing against an Italy team made up of boys from Atalanta, Roma etc, and a dude upfront plucked from a second rate Argentinian team.  Good level of course, but hardly the gliteratti of world football.

You're right about Italy, going through a lull just now. Didn't qualify for last world cup which should be  unthinkable for them.

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

That's neither here nor there. He was part of cup final winning squad and as such won a medal. 

Up there with "but most of Shankland's goals were penalties"

On 15/06/2022 at 13:03, H2 said:

With a trophy cabinet as empty as a nuns chuff.

Luckies1874
10 minutes ago, graygo said:

You're right about Italy, going through a lull just now. Didn't qualify for last world cup which should be  unthinkable for them.

Didn’t qualify for the last TWO World Cups. 

Here’s a pretty mental stat for you: the last time Italy won a knock out game in a World Cup was the Final they won against France in Germany in 2006! 

On 15/06/2022 at 14:00, H2 said:

Your logic!

He's a great player for Tottenham and a great striker for England but he won't be remembered as a world great because he's never won a sausage. That's a fact. 

32 minutes ago, graygo said:

Up there with "but most of Shankland's goals were penalties"

Tbf, most of Shanklands goals are penalties.

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Tbf, most of Shanklands goals are penalties.

Aye but to be fair you wouldn't use that fact to justify saying that he's not very good.

Just now, graygo said:

Aye but to be fair you wouldn't use that fact to justify saying that he's not very good.

True. Penalties are a skill. 

24 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Didn’t qualify for the last TWO World Cups. 

Here’s a pretty mental stat for you: the last time Italy won a knock out game in a World Cup was the Final they won against France in Germany in 2006! 

Yet won the European championships between them in 2020.

Luckies1874
5 minutes ago, graygo said:

Yet won the European championships between them in 2020.

Yep exactly. England will never have a better chance of winning something than that opportunity represented. Home soil, goal lead after a minute and totally bottled it. 

Excellent player that decided to stay at a crap club...but......if he moves in the summer he has the chance of winning something.....

10 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Well done Harry and his new record and him not taking out another satellite with his penalty. Oh and now roll on England winning the Euros. :bigyawn:

Just Imagine if Jimmy Greaves played against San Marino, Lichtenstein and the Gibraltars of this world. 57 games 44 goals. Class. 

Scotland were quite good, before some smart arse comes back with it.

Different times of course but half his games were just friendlies. Between friendlies and the old Home Championship that's 39 of Greaves's 44 goals accounted for, 10 against N Ireland.

image.png

ShortmanRossco
2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I didn't say he didn't win a medal. 

The initial point was that a player can't be great if he doesn't win anything. Robbo did win a medal but he didn't ultimately contribute in the game that he won his medal in. 

Edited by ShortmanRossco

Malinga the Swinga
24 minutes ago, ShortmanRossco said:

I didn't say he didn't win a medal. 

The initial point was that a player can't be great if he doesn't win anything. Robbo did win a medal but he didn't ultimately contribute in the game that he won his medal in. 

He contributed by his presence in dressing room and he lifted support by him bring in squad.

Jeez, no point debating if you don't understand sport.

ShortmanRossco
2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

He contributed by his presence in dressing room and he lifted support by him bring in squad.

I'm not debating that either. You are still missing the point. The original statement was based around a player couldn't be great without winning anything. Robbo was a great player but didn't actually win anything as a player on the pitch. Therefore I'd say this invalidates the original statement that a player couldn't be great if he didn't win anything.

Naisys Tackle
10 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

So if we never won the cup that day Robbo for you wouldn't be considered a great?

Really?