Harry Kane

Morgan

A_A wehatethehibs
On 27/03/2023 at 19:50, Cruyff said:

It's not disrespect. I just think it's ridiculous to pigeon hole him in the top tier bracket of strikers when he's nowhere even close. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/65103121

looks like Ten Haag been reading my posts :lol: Fergie has probably leaked that himself. He would be going for Kane 100% 

“Nowhere even close” that’s simply a wrong statement I’m afraid mate and to be honest I wouldn’t be all that surprised if the like of Real Madrid look closely at Kane as a possible Benzema successor although they have their pick of world football 

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• H2

• Unknown user

• Cruyff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

looks like Ten Haag been reading my posts :lol: Fergie has probably leaked that himself. He would be going for Kane 100% 

“Nowhere even close” that’s simply a wrong statement I’m afraid mate and to be honest I wouldn’t be all that surprised if the like of Real Madrid look closely at Kane as a possible Benzema successor although they have their pick of world football 

Insert a players name.

Add a club they think they might want to go to.

Give some stats.

Link them to Man United and Man City.

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Insert a players name.

Add a club they think they might want to go to.

Give some stats.

Link them to Man United and Man City.

Yeah pinch of salt, it’s just funny that i posted yesterday that Ferguson would go for Kane and Man United probably should be going for him. Maybe the Daily Star rate KB for itk scoops 

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yeah pinch of salt, it’s just funny that i posted yesterday that Ferguson would go for Kane and Man United probably should be going for him. Maybe the Daily Star rate KB for itk scoops 

Unbelievable that Kane could finish his career as England's all time top scorer and have zero medals to show for his talent.

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Armageddon said:

Unbelievable that Kane could finish his career as England's all time top scorer and have zero medals to show for his talent.

Yep and that’s been my point. The medals is 90% about the club, in a short career you have got to identify the chance to move to a big club, and make your big move. The big clubs generally mop up trophies other than rare outliers. If ever there was a time to be moving to Man United this is it because Ten Haag has definitely got it. With or without Kane they will be in close contention for winning multiple trophies next 3-4 years and spurs will not. Could be a treble for Ten Haag in his first season.

For that reason, if Utd are in, Harry should not just be throwing toys out the pram but throwing bricks through Levy’s windows to get the **** out of Tottenham and up to Old Trafford. Know it’s not really in Harry’s nice guy character but he has done more than his bit for Tottenham. 

Levy is more interested in Go Kart tracks for their theme park/ circus of a stadium, Harry has kept his head down delivered the consistent goals that should be winning a title for a properly managed big football club.

On 27/03/2023 at 19:50, Cruyff said:

It's not disrespect. I just think it's ridiculous to pigeon hole him in the top tier bracket of strikers when he's nowhere even close. 

How is he not close.

Unknown user
15 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yep and that’s been my point. The medals is 90% about the club, in a short career you have got to identify the chance to move to a big club, and make your big move. The big clubs generally mop up trophies other than rare outliers. If ever there was a time to be moving to Man United this is it because Ten Haag has definitely got it. With or without Kane they will be in close contention for winning multiple trophies next 3-4 years and spurs will not. Could be a treble for Ten Haag in his first season.

For that reason, if Utd are in, Harry should not just be throwing toys out the pram but throwing bricks through Levy’s windows to get the **** out of Tottenham and up to Old Trafford. Know it’s not really in Harry’s nice guy character but he has done more than his bit for Tottenham. 

Levy is more interested in Go Kart tracks for their theme park/ circus of a stadium, Harry has kept his head down delivered the consistent goals that should be winning a title for a properly managed big football club.

The thing is though, there was absolutely zero chance that Everton would be able to keep Rooney, he was in such demand from the biggest clubs in the world at such a young age.

He was an absolute phenomenon, Kane's "just" a great striker.

I don't know if you're maybe too young to remember it, but Rooney was incredible for a while.

A_A wehatethehibs
35 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The thing is though, there was absolutely zero chance that Everton would be able to keep Rooney, he was in such demand from the biggest clubs in the world at such a young age.

He was an absolute phenomenon, Kane's "just" a great striker.

I don't know if you're maybe too young to remember it, but Rooney was incredible for a while.

Not at all, I remember it full well. 

My issue with rooney is and always will be, we only saw 60-70% of the player that couldve been due to the dreadful way he failed to look after himself. 

In particular, when Moyes and subsequent managers arrived, they should’ve got a top senior experienced international winner and leader in prime condition of his life. Instead they got a fat bloke who couldn’t breathe for 90 minutes and got 5 goals a season in his last couple of seasons. Think he was only 29 when Ferguson left. That’s Kanes age now and they’re looking at paying £80m for him. Look at the difference which looking after yourself makes, making healthy choices. Look at all these top guys Lewandowski, Giroud, Benzema still playing. Winning titles, Champions League.

Rooney was an absolute class player, a bulldog with the deftest of touches and absolute belter of a right foot, but he is only 37 now and has become the poster child for what happens if a top talent doesn’t look after his body. In particular the smoking, to me as a £150k a week too international is a genuine disgrace and tarnishes his legacy. Maybe it was because he’d won it all by the time he was 25 so he lost the momentum. But so had Ronaldo and look at the difference. Wayne Rooney looked after himself he should’ve smash Shearers 260 with the class of squad he was in. 

6 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Not at all, I remember it full well. 

My issue with rooney is and always will be, we only saw 60-70% of the player that couldve been due to the dreadful way he failed to look after himself. 

In particular, when Moyes and subsequent managers arrived, they should’ve got a top senior experienced international winner and leader in prime condition of his life. Instead they got a fat bloke who couldn’t breathe for 90 minutes and got 5 goals a season in his last couple of seasons. Think he was only 29 when Ferguson left. That’s Kanes age now and they’re looking at paying £80m for him. Look at the difference which looking after yourself makes, making healthy choices. Look at all these top guys Lewandowski, Giroud, Benzema still playing. Winning titles, Champions League.

Rooney was an absolute class player, a bulldog with the deftest of touches and absolute belter of a right foot, but he is only 37 now and has become the poster child for what happens if a top talent doesn’t look after his body. In particular the smoking, to me as a £150k a week too international is a genuine disgrace and tarnishes his legacy. Maybe it was because he’d won it all by the time he was 25 so he lost the momentum. But so had Ronaldo and look at the difference. Wayne Rooney looked after himself he should’ve smash Shearers 260 with the class of squad he was in. 

If I remember correctly Ferguson was fed up with him.

Luckily he retired so Rooney stayed when Moyes arrived.

He had his moments but he was never the same player in his later years at Utd or any other club he played for due to his lifestyle.

He had a brilliant first Euros finals at international level and that was that at major finals like so many before him.

John Findlay

A fully fit Harry Kane or a fully fit Jimmy Greaves?

Personally I'm picking Jimmy Greaves everyday of the week.

16 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Like saying a fully fit Wayne Rooney or a fully fit Denis Law.

John Findlay
1 hour ago, benny said:

It would be Denis everyday for me.

I have yet to witness anyone move as fast as the Lawman in the penalty box.

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Jimmy Greaves, watched a documentary on BT sport was very good, was very impressed. 

There's no arguing that Kane is a very talented player and a top goalscorer - and he probably would have at least a couple of trophies by now if he was at Man City. But I have heard it suggested in the past that Spurs seem to function better as a team when he's not in the team. I don't know if that's correct as I don't watch many Premiership games - and even if it is, it could well be down to the way that he has been employed by his managers. I do wonder whether they'd be better playing him as an out and out striker, as any time I see highlights on Match of the Day he seems to be playing more of a deeper, number 10-type role.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, stirlo said:

I do wonder whether they'd be better playing him as an out and out striker, as any time I see highlights on Match of the Day he seems to be playing more of a deeper, number 10-type role.

Noooo.png.586a7d3738010982e37e3a150c623f7b.png

On 26/03/2023 at 14:40, Cruyff said:

Oh Rooney was infinitely better, had more talent in his wee toe on his weakest foot. 

in your dreams

On 26/03/2023 at 12:42, Des Lynam said:

Even in that game he’s best remembered for this….. image.png.c9fc33a63bc37097212e1e963a2ee398.png

Nope this is the Maradona memorial moment, and you know it. 
image.png.7ecb820d1c12655e5379e6badfec39ce.png

13 hours ago, H2 said:

Nope this is the Maradona memorial moment, and you know it. 

No chance, you're both wrong. It's this one IMO:

Edited by Ray Gin

23 hours ago, benny said:

Denis.  :notworthy:

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

No chance, you're both wrong. It's this one IMO:

Love how much higher he jumped than someone 7 inches taller. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Four goals now in four Bundesliga games.

I have a feeling, just a niggle mind, that this player is going to make it as a striker.

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Well, y’know..

Love him, or hate him, he never really lets them down.

He's just Shankland with a lisp.  Penalty king.

On 29/03/2023 at 09:29, A_A wehatethehibs said:

fantastic striker &player.....

44 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

He's just Shankland with a lisp.  Penalty king.

Don't think Shankland would be scoring Kanes second. 

McGlynn The Money
24 minutes ago, HeartofIron said:

Agreed. It wasn't even a chance when the ball broke but he fought to win it, drove forward while holding off the defence then applied a great finish. As soon he got near the box you knew it was going in.

McGlynn The Money
3 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

Looks like a spoon reflection though

No need for that Smithee. You're better than that.

Just now, McGlynn The Money said:

No need for that Smithee. You're better than that.

Aren't you the guy I blocked from PMs for trying to pick a fight?

Anyway, up ye, I'm not ashamed of throwing shanter at the England captain!

ColinSmith1255
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Well, y’know..

Love him, or hate him, he never really lets them down.

Genuinely curious. Are you English? If not what is the love in with the Auld Enemy all about?

McGlynn The Money
Just now, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

Aren't you the guy I blocked from PMs for trying to pick a fight?

Anyway, up ye, I'm not ashamed of throwing shanter at the England captain!

Surely you'd know that better than me? 🤪

If you say so but you're better than that, you know you are.

2 minutes ago, ColinSmith1255 said:

Genuinely curious. Are you English? If not what is the love in with the Auld Enemy all about?

No, I’m Scottish.

Born and raised in Edinburgh 

There is no ‘love in’ by the way.

I don’t have to hate England just because of my birthplace, you know?

2 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Surely you'd know that better than me? 🤪

If you say so but you're better than that, you know you are.

I nearly got killed by a Salford bar full of England fans for singing Alan Shearer's illegitimate, he's an English *******.

I only got saved because I was so drunk and unaware, a couple of girlfriends in the group got me away in a taxi. That was the 90s, I wouldn't try that now right enough.

And yes, it was you, picking a fight with someone who didn't care about something that didn't matter! Only person I ever PM blocked, I didn't even know it was a thing until then! 

In summary, it's a football rivalry, embrace it, enjoy it, boo the rival players, cheer on our heroes. Call the English captain a spoon faced, fat tongued , you'll love it!

McGlynn The Money
1 minute ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

I nearly got killed by a Salford bar full of England fans for singing Alan Shearer's illegitimate, he's an English *******.

I only got saved because I was so drunk and unaware, a couple of girlfriends in the group got me away in a taxi. That was the 90s, I wouldn't try that now right enough.

And yes, it was you, picking a fight with someone who didn't care about something that didn't matter! Only person I ever PM blocked, I didn't even know it was a thing until then! 

In summary, it's a football rivalry, embrace it, enjoy it, boo the rival players, cheer on our heroes. Call the English captain a spoon faced, fat tongued , you'll love it!

I don't remember that at all. I'm pretty sure I'd have noticed and I don't send many DMs. Are you sure?

It's more the nature of the insults that makes me disappointed in you. If it's funny and witty fair enough but a grown man mocking someone for his appearance and how he speaks? No, not for me. You can do better, I know you can.

ColinSmith1255
5 minutes ago, Morgan said:

No, I’m Scottish.

Born and raised in Edinburgh 

There is no ‘love in’ by the way.

I don’t have to hate England just because of my birthplace, you know?

But you hate the French… I still don’t get it.

ps I don’t hate England. I lived in Newcastle for 10 years and enjoyed it. I have an English wife but I don’t support their football team.

Just now, ColinSmith1255 said:

ps I don’t hate England. I lived in Newcastle for 10 years and enjoyed it. I have an English wife but I don’t support their football team.

You don’t have to ‘get it’.

I have grown to intensely dislike the French.  I live in France.  I know why I dislike them.

I don’t have to explain a thing to you, Colin. 

But, I did. Just a wee bit.

1 minute ago, ColinSmith1255 said:

I love the whole Scotland England thing with my mates down there, I'm Jock, Sweaty, thistle munching twat, etc. I don't see it as any different to how we are with Hibs TBH 

1 minute ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

I love the whole Scotland England thing with my mates down there, I'm Jock, Sweaty, thistle munching twat, etc. I don't see it as any different to how we are with Hibs TBH 

Hating the Hibs?

Now, that’s a whole different thing.

They were invented to be hated!

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Hating the Hibs?

Now, that’s a whole different thing.

They were invented to be hated!

I don't hate Hibs either, I love the rivalry. Half my family are dirty Hibs rotters and you better believe they hear songs of Prince Rudi and derby glories! Monocular vaginas, narcotic enthusiasts, non educated delinquents, they all get bandied about. I love it!

ColinSmith1255
14 minutes ago, Morgan said:

You don’t have to ‘get it’.

I have grown to intensely dislike the French.  I live in France.  I know why I dislike them.

I don’t have to explain a thing to you, Colin. 

But, I did. Just a wee bit.

I am glad at least you know why you dislike them 🧐

jambo-in-furness
13 hours ago, HeartofIron said:

Correct, because as soon as Shanks laid two hands on the defender it would be a foul against him,  Kane got away with it on more than one occasion,  he deliberately pushed the defender in the back to lose him before his 2nd,  that would be a foul every day of the week anywhere other than Wembley/England at home.

18 hours ago, ColinSmith1255 said:

I am glad at least you know why you dislike them 🧐

Try having a house here for 22 years and living here for 16 years.  You’ll soon find out too!  👍

1 hour ago, H2 said:

Kane = world class!

:clap: 

And that’s all I’ve ever been trying to say.

Thank you.  

I wish people would stop trying to take the rivalry out of football with this made up nonsense . I want England to lose every game they play and that extends to every sport , not just football . I am comfortable with that and it is not racist . Same with Hibs 

5 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Apart from an Audi cup, does he have any winners medals?

whats that got to do with the price of butter?