Harry Kane

Morgan

46 minutes ago, ShortmanRossco said:

I'm not debating that either. You are still missing the point. The original statement was based around a player couldn't be great without winning anything. Robbo was a great player but didn't actually win anything as a player on the pitch. Therefore I'd say this invalidates the original statement that a player couldn't be great if he didn't win anything.

Pick another player chief, your point is correct but not with Robbo as an example. 👍 

Did Levein win anything? Can he be considered a "great"?

Edited by graygo

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• H2

• Unknown user

• Cruyff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Malinga the Swinga
49 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

So if we never won the cup that day Robbo for you wouldn't be considered a great?

Really?

No, not in anyway. You know that though. You are looking to pick an argument as is your normal practice.

My argument is Robbo isn't just a great, he is also a winner. The fact he didn't play in final is immaterial, he has medal to prove he's a winner.

Now you can disappear again.

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

No, not in anyway. You know that though. You are looking to pick an argument as is your normal practice.

My argument is Robbo isn't just a great, he is also a winner. The fact he didn't play in final is immaterial, he has medal to prove he's a winner.

Now you can disappear again.

So much anger all the time.

Kane should come up and play for Celtic for a year towards the end of his career then to make himself a great and a winner :lol: 

ShortmanRossco
14 minutes ago, graygo said:

Pick another player chief, your point is correct but not with Robbo as an example. 👍 

Good example my friend.

Citing Levein as an example great sadly brings on it's own bone of contention on JKB though due his latter record as a manager. Can't win sometimes eh? 😁

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, graygo said:

Serial loser, although I still have a black and white photo of them winning the Tennents 6s in that grey top. 

Pasquale for King

18 penalties in the 54, should’ve broke the record at the WC 😆, wonder if they had naff jersey and picture in Qatar 🤣

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Serial loser, although I still have a black and white photo of them winning the Tennents 6s in that grey top. 

So not a serial loser then. 😉

14 minutes ago, ShortmanRossco said:

Good example my friend.

Citing Levein as an example great sadly brings on it's own bone of contention on JKB though due his latter record as a manager. Can't win sometimes eh? 😁

Anyone who doesn't thin Levein was a great player for us either never saw him play or have let his managerial performance cloud their opinion.

That should stir things up. 😄

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

So not a serial loser then. 😉

Like his best pal (😆) Gary Mackay and a few others all deserved a medal. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Like his best pal (😆) Gary Mackay and a few others all deserved a medal. 

Quite a few from around that time. 👍

Naisys Tackle
52 minutes ago, graygo said:

Anyone who doesn't thin Levein was a great player for us either never saw him play or have let his managerial performance cloud their opinion.

Ahhh but he wasn't a winner though - unlike Dave McPherson ;) 

13 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Ahhh but he wasn't a winner though - unlike Dave McPherson ;) 

Hell will freeze over before I refuse to accept winning the Tennents sixes is an achievement. 😡😠

Edited by graygo

Naisys Tackle
7 minutes ago, graygo said:

Hell will freeze over before I refuse to accept winning the Tennents sixes is an achievement. 😡😠

:lol: me too tbh - love it and got the day off school the next day!   Loved the sixes in general. 

3 hours ago, graygo said:

👍

1 minute ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Harry kane is a fat ride. 

He’s not fat.

He’s a tremendous striker though.

Are you as ‘fat’ as Sir Harold’?

6 hours ago, Morgan said:

He’s not fat.

He’s a tremendous striker though.

Are you as ‘fat’ as Sir Harold’?

He's not tremendous. Haaland is tremendous. He's very good, tremendous :rofl:

Screenshot_20230325-051956.thumb.png.8456c377fc638d7f6affbf268093a67b.png

Edited by ri Alban

Kane goals record 287 (age 29)

Haaland goals record 187 (age 22) 

:rofl:

Let's not put Ronaldo and Messi into the tremendous argument.

Tommy Brown

Was quite surprised at Kane's 

My stats are from Wiki.

A wee bit better than St Gary's and a lot better than Rooney's

Kane 54 in 84

Rooney 53 in 120

Sir Bobby 49 in 106

Lineker 48 in 80

A_A wehatethehibs
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Kane goals record 287 (age 29)

Haaland goals record 187 (age 22) 

Let's not put Ronaldo and Messi into the tremendous argument.

2 world class strikers Haaland and Kane. When you look at what Haaland has done at City, you can see why Kane wanted to move there. Kane wanted to move there 2-3 years ago. 

Lewandowski and Haaland both moved from Borussia on to a bigger money club to bag the big trophies. Mbappe did the same. Bale did the same. Even Christiano Ronaldo did the same. Whereas guys like Alan Shearer and Paul Gascoine could’ve had 10-15 trophies if theyd gone to Man United in the 90s. They were both world class players but you’ve got to move to the top club. It’s a pretty sad thing in football. It’s the same effect in Scotland as to why literally any player will take a move to the OF. The players want to win. Since it’s a short career you’re not at one of the top clubs then you probably won’t win the trophies. 

Haaland does not have any of the Big trophies either right now. But he’s made the right move on paper. That’s what Kanes not done, at 29 now, it shows you why quality players are often reluctant to sign these 5 year deals and hand over their future to the hands of a guy like Levy. Levy is the primary reason Kane may go the career without a trophy. That & being English 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

23 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I think sometmes everyone can be right.  Kane is obviously very good at what he does.  Hes an extremely good striker.

However he is also a cheat.  If an Italian had been doing what he did the other night, or some other Johnny Foreigner every other time I've seen him play the commentators would be up in arms.  Not only constantly "looking for fouls", but outright diving (all of which is "clever play" when you're English), and he also gets right in the refs face, asking for yellows, claiming everything and also quick enough in the refs face should anything be given against them.

Hey, it goes on.  Fair play, he does all of that well I suppose.  But he does it along with a MODEL PROFESSIONAL image.  It's nauseating.

I deplore cheating and yes HK is guilty, so is Thierry Henri, Maradona, Ronaldo, Messi, Bruno Fernandez, Mbappe, Neymar, and many more,(including Hearts players)  so why single out Harry?

22 hours ago, briever said:

With a trophy cabinet as empty as a nuns chuff.

I suspect he has a lot more trophies than you.

Nookie Bear
6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

He's not tremendous. Haaland is tremendous. He's very good, tremendous :rofl:

Screenshot_20230325-051956.thumb.png.8456c377fc638d7f6affbf268093a67b.png

If a guy who has scored 200+ in the EPL is not “tremendous” then what is he?

Conparable scoring rate to Thierry Henry and Aguero. 

But we get it, he’s English and you can’t cope with that 🤷‍♂️

21 hours ago, Cruyff said:

He's a great player for Tottenham and a great striker for England but he won't be remembered as a world great because he's never won a sausage. That's a fact. 

You might forget, but football fans won't. I can only assume you have forgotten about players like Tom Finney and Socrates.

I can't remember any footballer who has won a sausage though.

He has won over 80 England caps. he's been top scorer in the premier league three times, and top scorer in the world cup.

How do you classify a world great? 

1 minute ago, H2 said:

You might forget, but football fans won't. I can only assume you have forgotten about players like Tom Finney and Socrates.

I can't remember any footballer who has won a sausage though.

He has won over 80 England caps. he's been top scorer in the premier league three times, and top scorer in the world cup.

How do you classify a world great? 

Pretty sure Finney and Socrates will always be remembered. Harry Kane a world great. :rofl:Hilarious. As I said, a great striker for Spurs and England but he's never going to be in that elite bracket because he plays for Spurs. Even Jamie Vardy managed to win Leicester a title ffs.

33 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Pretty sure Finney and Socrates will always be remembered. Harry Kane a world great. :rofl:Hilarious. As I said, a great striker for Spurs and England but he's never going to be in that elite bracket because he plays for Spurs. Even Jamie Vardy managed to win Leicester a title ffs.

That's some logic with the Vardy example!
Tomy Finney never won a league title, neither did Socrates, how does that work in your logic?

5 minutes ago, H2 said:

That's some logic with the Vardy example!
Tomy Finney never won a league title, neither did Socrates, how does that work in your logic?

Because they're legends of the game. Harry Kane is not, no matter how delusional you are. Not in a million years.

Wayne Rooney was 100x the player, possibly England's greatest. Michael Owen won a ballon d'Or. Vardy won Leicester a Premier League and Player of the Season.

Harry Kane..... 👀 

Kane will be remembered for knocking a penalty over the bar in a WC and being a diving cheat. :laugh2:

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Because they're legends of the game. Harry Kane is not, no matter how delusional you are. Not in a million years.

Wayne Rooney was 100x the player, possibly England's greatest. Michael Owen won a ballon d'Or. Vardy won Leicester a Premier League and Player of the Season.

Harry Kane..... 👀 

Kane will be remembered for knocking a penalty over the bar in a WC and being a diving cheat. :laugh2:

Why do you call me delusional?

Maradona is best remembered for being a cheat.

You say Wayne Rooney possibly England's greatest, how does that work with your logic, he didn't win a world cup medal, and will always be way behind the great Jimmy Greaves.

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Nah, come on now!

No more famous act of cheating in football than him handling the ball into the net

7 minutes ago, H2 said:

You say Wayne Rooney possibly England's greatest, how does that work with your logic, he didn't win a world cup medal, and will always be way behind the great Jimmy Greaves.

Unknown user
9 minutes ago, H2 said:

No more famous act of cheating in football than him handling the ball into the net

Maradona isn't best remembered for being a cheat though.

20 minutes ago, H2 said:

Hardly.

4 hours ago, H2 said:

I deplore cheating and yes HK is guilty, so is Thierry Henri, Maradona, Ronaldo, Messi, Bruno Fernandez, Mbappe, Neymar, and many more,(including Hearts players)  so why single out Harry?

Because no one (except me/scotland supporters) ever mentions it with Kane! Model pro, as i say

Unknown user
4 hours ago, H2 said:

Yeah, why single out the captain of our biggest rivals?

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Yeah, why single out the captain of our biggest rivals?

He doesn't play for Hibs

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, H2 said:

He doesn't play for Hibs

And you weren't talking about Maradona at club level either, so not really relevant

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Maradona isn't best remembered for being a cheat though.

I think he probably is in the UK, Scots love remembering it to wind up the English, and the English hate it because of consequences to them. Probably the most talked about cheating incident in football history.

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

And you weren't talking about Maradona at club level either, so not really relevant

PMSL you have a box of straws?

Unknown user
1 minute ago, H2 said:

I think he probably is in the UK, Scots love remembering it to wind up the English, and the English hate it because of consequences to them. Probably the most talked about cheating incident in football history.

He still isn't best remembered for cheating though, he just isn't mate

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He says, trying to score a point on a technicality

No points for cheating 😁

22 minutes ago, H2 said:

You've lost it if you think that. 

You've even answered the argument.

If you were to pick England's greatest XI, who you picking upfront? 

It's Greaves and Rooney all day long. You said it yourself.

Kane doesn't even enter the conversation. 

Greatest EPL striker? 

In modern times Henry, Drogba, Aguero, Van Nistelrooy, Rooney, Van Persie going back Owen, Fowler, Cole, Shearer... Kane's in the conversation but let's be honest, he's probably not even making the bench. 

If he stays at Spurs, he might finish with a statue and that's about it. :lol:

There's some absolute balloons on this forum :rofl:

Kane is a fantastic player ffs. Does the hardest thing in football and does it consistently and does it with relative ease.

Hilarious to suggest anything different :rofl:

5 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Kane is a fantastic player ffs. Does the hardest thing in football and does it consistently and does it with relative ease.

:spoton:

6 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

The thing is..... No one is suggesting anything to the contrary. Well done for reading. :vrface:

Roxy Hearts
23 hours ago, graygo said:

Craig Levein is not just one of Hearts greatest players but one of the best Scotland produced. Fantastic player, just a pity about his injuries. 

I always feel a bit put out that I never got to witness Levein play considering what the near universal appraisal of him as a player seems to be!