Tynecastle Park Hotel ( updated )

Thomaso

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If it is what the other poster said above then it sounds more like it would be tied to events and conferences ect and I reckon those will still be in demand for big companies

Maybe, maybe not, we'll see. It seems like an unwise sector to step into as tough times unfold though, especially in a city with so many hotel facilities.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• highlandjambo3

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

Just now, Bull's-eye said:

Could you refrain from being positive.

It'll be different therefore it'll be Shit.

Apologies if your under 70 and have a different perspective on life.

I am under 70 and like to think I have a fairly sunny disposition I guess I just quite like Hearts and realise you need to enjoy the good times when they are here because you never know what is around the corner : - D

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Maybe, maybe not, we'll see. It seems like an unwise sector to step into as tough times unfold though, especially in a city with so many hotel facilities.

I am reluctant to give the other poster too much credit after his irritating yellow card nonsense the other day but I would go along with what Bazza is saying about the lack of outlay making it a safer option

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I am reluctant to give the other poster too much credit after his irritating yellow card nonsense the other day but I would go along with what Bazza is saying about the lack of outlay making it a safer option

We've had toilets changed, changing rooms changed, and how much did we spend on an escalator?

I suppose I'm just generally pretty unconvinced by how well informed our stadium decisions are

davemclaren
9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I don’t think it will be cheap to refit the whole floor to be a hotel. 

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think the club will have done their sums and I would imagine it is not too difficult to convert the rooms in to something else later on if it is not a success but any way I think a multi function conference space gives rooms a better chance of being filled

19 minutes ago, Smithee said:

We've had toilets changed, changing rooms changed, and how much did we spend on an escalator?

I suppose I'm just generally pretty unconvinced by how well informed our stadium decisions are

I have used that escalator many times to get from the PR section bar to my seat it is perfectly functional 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I think the club will have done their sums and I would imagine it is not too difficult to convert the rooms in to something else later on if it is not a success but any way I think a multi function conference space gives rooms a better chance of being filled

If a hotel is the plan then we should certainly assume they have done their sums ( correctly ) on it. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

If a hotel is the plan then we should certainly assume they have done their sums ( correctly ) on it. 

I have no idea what the plans are my self but I do think what tynietigers said seems like the most logical idea it would mean we have a variety of function suites and spaces of different sizes and by adding rooms it could give us off season or all year round income

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I have used that escalator many times to get from the PR section bar to my seat it is perfectly functional 

And a waste of money.

You can disagree if you like, as I say, we'll see. I think that when you take a step back from Yay Hearts there are a lot of things we could have done better with the stand. I'll be quite happy to be proved wrong.

And a waste of money.

You can disagree if you like, as I say, we'll see. I think that when you take a step back from Yay Hearts there are a lot of things we could have done better with the stand. I'll be quite happy to be proved wrong.

I do not think it was a waste of money my self a couple of regulars who use that bar are not as sure footed and it helps but I do think the toilets ect were a pretty dreadful design

I would hope Anderson’s business acumen helps us make the right decisions when it comes to investing in non football ventures

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

And a waste of money.

Your already being proved wrong.

The main stand is awesome and making money.

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Your already being proved wrong.

The main stand is awesome and making money.

How am I being proved wrong? It isn't a hotel yet.

Just now, sassenach said:

Thanks for the barely disguised sarcasm.

A planning application would be public.  Until it's been submitted, everything is conjecture.  I can't be bothered even checking for an application, but I'm sure the experts on here will be pulling it to bits if and when there is one.

I doubt we will need to it will be posted on Hibs.net long before a Hearts forum

John Findlay
39 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I would suggest that the funding is in place, and that the club wouldn't go ahead if they didn't believe it was a goer. Life and travel will firmly be back to normal by the Summer of 2023 imho.

We will get a far greater taste of how busy Edinburgh is going to be in July/August this year. 

Going by the numbers that pile into Waverley station(even now) from a Thursday for weekend stays, then I would say, Edinburgh is more than holding it's own.

Unknown user
13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I do not think it was a waste of money my self a couple of regulars who use that bar are not as sure footed and it helps but I do think the toilets ect were a pretty dreadful design

I would hope Anderson’s business acumen helps us make the right decisions when it comes to investing in non football ventures

I thought he was a fund manager, has he run any businesses?

It's great that people support the club, I much prefer it to irrational attacks, but it's completely rational to not just assume the club have thought of everything and are doing the right thing. 

Just now, Smithee said:

It's great that people support the club, I much prefer it to irrational attacks, but it's completely rational to not just assume the club have thought of everything and are doing the right thing. 

He knows a thing or two about wise investments so I would trust that he would have researched the market

What more can a supporter do though you just have to hope they are making good decisions and prepare yourself in case they go awry

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Ann Budge ran a very successful business

Unknown user
Just now, Thomaso said:

Ann Budge ran a very successful business

Aye, I know, the guy mentioned Anderson's business acumen though.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

He knows a thing or two about wise investments so I would trust that he would have researched the market

What more can a supporter do though you just have to hope they are making good decisions and prepare yourself in case they go awry

This I agree with

Unknown user

Our new stand's smashing, but it cost double what it was meant to, took way longer than planned, and it still isn't fitted out. We've had to redo changing rooms, toilets, cut a hole in the back to add TV studios and forgotten to order seats.

I never intend to attack the club, I'm really not that guy, but I reserve the right to be wary about our decision making when it comes to the stand, It's not been flawless.

Edited by Smithee

Our new stand's smashing, but it cost double what it was meant to, took way longer than planned, and it still isn't fitted out. We've had to redo changing rooms, toilets, cut a hole in the back to add TV studios and forgotten to order seats.

I never intend to attack the club, I'm really not that guy, but I reserve the right to be wary about our decision making when it comes to the stand, It's not been flawless.

Nothing wrong with that but I would say we have also shown a real determination to learn from past mistakes and change things that are not working too

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, jamtartan74 said:

£300 package consisting of, hospitality suite, match ticket, meal voucher up to £51 and an overnight stay, sounds good to me. 

And a turn down service. 

images (32).jpeg

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Smithee said:

We've also done much more than the original plans. 

We've built more, than just a "stand". 

Someone else, @Thomaso iirc  has outlined several times how much bigger the project become and although not flawless many of the costs were added as we increased the scale of the project, not due to mistakes. 

Been done to death tho. 

Unknown user
Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

We've also done much more than the original plans. 

We've built more, than just a "stand". 

Someone else, @Thomaso iirc  has outlined several times how much bigger the project become and although not flawless many of the costs were added as we increased the scale of the project, not due to mistakes. 

Been done to death tho. 

And again, I'm not attacking, just saying we shouldn't just assume the club are making good decisions

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Smithee said:

And again, I'm not attacking, just saying we shouldn't just assume the club are making good decisions

How do you know until after it tho? 

Captain hindsight on the board room? 

16 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I don't give a $$$$ what you think, I want to be part owner of a Hotel.

😀😀😀👍

Unknown user
22 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

How do you know until after it tho? 

Captain hindsight on the board room? 

I hate this place sometimes

Selkirkhmfc1874
55 minutes ago, Smithee said:

To be fair the fit out would've been completed already hadn't it been for covid

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

To be fair the fit out would've been completed already hadn't it been for covid

Good shout. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Whether or not he has directly run any businesses will not affect his role (if he has one) in starting up/running a hotel. He has made billions from investing in businesses he's never had any experience of running, and if he is involved, it will be to assess the figures and the quality of those who will be running the hotel business, and, no doubt, assess their success, in terms of a return on the investment, as time goes by. On the other hand, and unless someone knows differently, I wouldn't be surprised if Hearts only let the facility out to an already established hotelier and receive a rent, perhaps based on turnover, rather than diversify directly into the hotel business, thus reducing any risk to the club, itself, should the hotel fail.

21 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I hate this place sometimes

Join the club, lunatics are taking over the asylum led by the "FM".

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I doubt we will need to it will be posted on Hibs.net long before a Hearts forum

:lol: 

Bazzas right boot

When we hold concerts we can rent out the rooms to the band, groupies and the back room team. 

:munny:

Bazzas right boot

Tbf, all he will need to do is check here and he won't forget anything. 

Little details such as planning permission and sums adding up which he and the club  probably never thought off have been picked up on this very thread, so everybody should be on track if he checks this thread oot. 

They probably don't even care about doing the "right thing", probably just bored and want to waste money. 

😜

Bazzas right boot

And a waste of money.

The escalator ( or elevator) may have been required by law?

Unsure tho. 

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Unsure tho. 

There's two escalators I think. One I use every game and it's bloody marvelous.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Bull's-eye said:

There's two escalators I think. One I use every game and it's bloody marvelous.

Probably a legal thing. 

Disabled accessibility?

Escalator oot? 

The Grim Reaper
7 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Probably a legal thing. 

Disabled accessibility?

Escalator oot? 

When is your reign of terror on this forum going to end?

Edited by The Grim Reaper

John Findlay
18 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Unsure tho. 

Required by law under the disability act 2009(I think it became a law in 2009), hence why Haymarket station was refurbished.

10 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

When is your reign of terror on this forum going to end?

Soon hopefully, it's pathetic.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Required by law under the disability act 2009(I think it became a law in 2009), hence why Haymarket station was refurbished.

Makes sense. 

Apparently it was a reign of terror to mention that tho. 

😎

4 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Thanks for all the insults because I dared to express an opinion. Trouble is I am old enough to remember the launch of the old social club/bar/cabaret venue which was supposed to be a money spinner. We will see.

Was that above the old ticket office?

highlandjambo3
On 25/03/2022 at 12:26, Herbert. said:

Think Friday/Saturday nights if we're at home the following day should be £250, Would be good value if they threw in a ticket.

I’m here……..always looking to find a place close by on my trips down to the games…..I’ll happily stay for Friday & Saturday nights.

TyphoonJambo
On 25/03/2022 at 13:58, Herbert. said:

Someone will moan about the mistreatment of the midgets. We could get a really big cannon outside of the main stand and a big airbag on the centre circle and fire them over the stand.

Needs a "dream weekend" package. Weekend accommodation? Hospitality and match day ticket.  At a decent price I'd be all over it like a hobo on his sister

highlandjambo3
3 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I would suggest that the funding is in place, and that the club wouldn't go ahead if they didn't believe it was a goer. Life and travel will firmly be back to normal by the Summer of 2023 imho.

We will get a far greater taste of how busy Edinburgh is going to be in July/August this year. 

Going by the numbers that pile into Waverley station(even now) from a Thursday for weekend stays, then I would say, Edinburgh is more than holding it's own.

I can quite categorically confirm that home stay tourism in Scotland will be bursting at the seams this year.  My place is heading for a bumper year with more bookings than any other year since we opened.

Visit Scotland ran an article a few weeks back after a lengthy survey on tourists from the previous year.  There will be two main “staycation” types of clients this year, the first are people who are still not convinced that going abroad is safe and, the second (and biggest group) are people who visited last year and have decided it’s worth another visit.

My client profile (so far) for around 4-500 bookings this year are 78% domestic and 28% foreign.

4 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I can quite categorically confirm that home stay tourism in Scotland will be bursting at the seams this year.  My place is heading for a bumper year with more bookings than any other year since we opened.

Visit Scotland ran an article a few weeks back after a lengthy survey on tourists from the previous year.  There will be two main “staycation” types of clients this year, the first are people who are still not convinced that going abroad is safe and, the second (and biggest group) are people who visited last year and have decided it’s worth another visit.

My client profile (so far) for around 4-500 bookings this year are 78% domestic and 28% foreign.

Be nice to tap in to a bit of that

highlandjambo3
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Be nice to tap in to a bit of that

See what the cruise ship schedule is arriving in Edinburgh over the summer……there’s never enough tour operators to pick up passengers……..up here at Invergordon (first ship arrives 5 April)…..5000 passengers and about 20 coaches to take them around…..that leaves about 4000 wandering about with nothing to do 😁

highlandjambo3
16 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

72% that should read 😂😂

• davemclaren changed the title to Tynecastle Park Hotel ( updated )