Tynecastle Park Hotel ( updated )

Thomaso

hughesie27
2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

It's great that the room names are from managers. I slept in the Jim Jefferies suite 

5 hours ago, heartyhub said:

Fantastic night in the hotel stayed in 221 nice size room and the biggest bed I’ve ever slept in. Wife loved the molten brown toiletries and a decent hairdryer in the room. Plenty PowerPoints and usb ports for charging. Three course dinner and drinks in the sky lounge which never disappoints. Lovely cooked breakfast and finished off with the main stand tour which is very interesting.

Sounds like heartyhub was in the Ian Cathro corner.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• highlandjambo3

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

heartyhub
12 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Sounds like heartyhub was in the Ian Cathro corner.

:vrface:

highlandjambo3
On 07/04/2024 at 18:19, davemclaren said:

Just in front of the shop.  You get a number to phone to get the gate opened. 

Have those steel containers been moved yet?  I was told they were being picked up and the carPark was being marked out with bays including disabled.

4 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Have those steel containers been moved yet?  I was told they were being picked up and the carPark was being marked out with bays including disabled.

Containers gone, but no marking yet. I wasn't charged for parking either.

2 hours ago, Gorgierools said:

Can't see us buying lions and zebras

We used to sponsor the Tigers at the Zoo :thumbsup:

LarrysRightFoot
3 hours ago, Gorgierools said:

Seen a few Yeti’s, shitehawks and such at Tynecastle over the years

• 2 weeks later...

Spent the night in the hotel last night. The room was fantastic. The meal in the Skyline restaurant was lovely. The staff were really friendly especially Sarah at the reception. Breakfast was brilliant and plentiful, we had a fry up which was huge. 

Mrs EK (who wasn’t particularly keen to go in the first place)was really impressed and already planning on staying again. 

10/10 Hearts. Superb. 🇱🇻🇱🇻

11 minutes ago, EK JAMBO said:

Spent the night in the hotel last night. The room was fantastic. The meal in the Skyline restaurant was lovely. The staff were really friendly especially Sarah at the reception. Breakfast was brilliant and plentiful, we had a fry up which was huge. 

Mrs EK (who wasn’t particularly keen to go in the first place)was really impressed and already planning on staying again. 

10/10 Hearts. Superb. 🇱🇻🇱🇻

Good to hear hopefully making money for the club. Me and the mrs stayed in March for our anniversary was brilliant. Glad Mrs EK enjoyed it too 

32 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

Does anyone know how the hotel is doing in terms of are they happy with the amount of bookings etc

I do not know at that sort of level , but my season ticket allows me access to the PR Bar which is accessed through the same second floor reception as the hotel . It is absolutely buzzing on match days , and you can almost hear the cash registers ringing . Some of our group stay far away and have stayed in the hotel two or three times now ………… Chuck in the restaurant , lounge and other hospitality suites and I think we are all going to be taken aback by the amount of cash we are generating , I really do 

5 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Good to hear hopefully making money for the club. Me and the mrs stayed in March for our anniversary was brilliant. Glad Mrs EK enjoyed it too 

Cheers. 👍

13 hours ago, Sooks said:

I do not know at that sort of level , but my season ticket allows me access to the PR Bar which is accessed through the same second floor reception as the hotel . It is absolutely buzzing on match days , and you can almost hear the cash registers ringing . Some of our group stay far away and have stayed in the hotel two or three times now ………… Chuck in the restaurant , lounge and other hospitality suites and I think we are all going to be taken aback by the amount of cash we are generating , I really do 

Good to hear that. Thanks mate 

Allowayjambo1874
14 hours ago, Valois No1 said:

Does anyone know how the hotel is doing in terms of are they happy with the amount of bookings etc

Stayed there last week and it was top notch.

As someone above said, Sarah on reception is a star and total jambo as well so had a great night blethering to her. It’s not rammed every night but they are doing well, trip advisor rating really helping. They are coining it in on match days and for Taylor Swift concert bookings. She also said it was a great place to work, treat the staff well, which was good to hear.

highly recommend it. 

The hotel is a fantasy addition to the business .I thought part of the planning for the stand was the resurfacing of McLeod street it's an absolute disgrace . I'm sure people going to the hotel that's not locals must think they are on an off road dirt track

11 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

The hotel is a fantasy addition to the business .I thought part of the planning for the stand was the resurfacing of McLeod street it's an absolute disgrace . I'm sure people going to the hotel that's not locals must think they are on an off road dirt track

:smugger:

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
On 14/04/2024 at 17:32, Gorgierools said:

🤣

51 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

Can I have your Fringe dates and venue please?

1 hour ago, Rockwell said:

:humbug:

1 hour ago, Rockwell said:

Why would Hearts pay to resurface a public road?

Phil D. Corners
1 hour ago, Jambo61 said:

Glamping on the pitch?

That could be a great end of season money maker. :lol: 

Used the showers and toilets in 4 changing rooms. 

food could be provided at kiosks. 

I think it would be great fun for a night with the wee man. 

Edited by Phil D. Corners

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Why would Hearts pay to resurface a public road?

Doubt it will be done when there are building works at the school!

10 hours ago, Rockwell said:

I don't remember ever seeing anything about that, and I'd be very surprised. It's a public highway and absolutely nothing to do with the club.

Funnily enough I thought it was a mural on the gable end that was part of the plans? That’s not happened either. I know what I’d rather.

Tables and chairs on the plaza (not on the badge) carry oots and some tunes pre match, and a big screen showing Robbo’s  goals against the vermin on a loop would be nice.

Mr Brightside
31 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I don't remember ever seeing anything about that, and I'd be very surprised. It's a public highway and absolutely nothing to do with the club.

It’s not uncommon for a planning consent to come with conditions that require contributions to public works close to the development. In England it’s a section 106, think in Scotland it’s a section 76.

No idea if there was anything in the planning for the main stand but wouldn’t be surprised if there was.

You need to get in touch with the Council about the state of McLeod Street, as it's their responsibility, not Hearts, and resurfacing McLeod Street was never part of our plans, why would it be?

Far better we spend our money on revenue generating initiatives like the new hotel.  I've yet to see any reviews of the hotel from people complaining about the state of the surrounding roads.  

Bungalow Bill
4 minutes ago, RobNox said:

You need to get in touch with the Council about the state of McLeod Street, as it's their responsibility, not Hearts, and resurfacing McLeod Street was never part of our plans, why would it be?

Far better we spend our money on revenue generating initiatives like the new hotel.  I've yet to see any reviews of the hotel from people complaining about the state of the surrounding roads.  

It’s very possible for a road upgrade to be part of a planning application.
Whether or not it was a condition of ours is another matter. Given the state of the road I’m thinking not. 

30 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Funnily enough I thought it was a mural on the gable end that was part of the plans? That’s not happened either. I know what I’d rather.

That was suggested by the club, but I believe difficulties with getting agreement from all the property owners knocked it on the head.

Would the best thing for McLeod Street to be pedestrianised? 

Close it to through vehicles at the Tynecastle Arms and at the old Tynecastle School.  

Extend the Foundation Plaza and make it a huge Jambos fan / party zone!

Plant some maroon (purple) leaved trees to provide some shade in the summer months!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

4 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

That was suggested by the club, but I believe difficulties with getting agreement from all the property owners knocked it on the head.

Hibbees in residence??

39 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

It’s not uncommon for a planning consent to come with conditions that require contributions to public works close to the development. In England it’s a section 106, think in Scotland it’s a section 76.

No idea if there was anything in the planning for the main stand but wouldn’t be surprised if there was.

True, but I believe it's normally something that's done for new developments on empty, derelict or disused sites, eg new housing developments (greenfield or brownfield), new retail units, etc, where the development actually causes, or contributes to, the need for the public works in the first place.  For instance, if a proposed development is expected to increase traffic volume at a give way junction, meaning the junction needs upgraded with traffic lights, the development would often be required to cover some or all of the cost of the junction upgrade.  Alternatively, if a development is proposed in the vicinity of a public works project which would be beneficial to the proposed development (eg a proposed housing development near a planned stop on a new tram line), the development might be expected to make a contribution.  I'm not aware of the new main stand development having included a requirement to carry out general maintenance of the surface of the adjacent public road, but I guess you never know! 

33 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Hibbees in residence??

Don't think so.  I think the idea was good in theory, but in practice I believe it raised complex and potentially costly issues re things like liability for future maintenance of the mural, as well as liability/indemnity issues in the possible event of any damage done to the building while doing the mural. Tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if it also just turned out to be significantly more expensive than initially thought, and difficulty getting agreement from the owners became a useful excuse! 

53 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Don't think so.  I think the idea was good in theory, but in practice I believe it raised complex and potentially costly issues re things like liability for future maintenance of the mural, as well as liability/indemnity issues in the possible event of any damage done to the building while doing the mural. Tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if it also just turned out to be significantly more expensive than initially thought, and difficulty getting agreement from the owners became a useful excuse! 

OK understood just not Jambos with deep pockets and good insurance 😉 

Edited by Jambo-Fox

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Would the best thing for McLeod Street to be pedestrianised? 

Close it to through vehicles at the Tynecastle Arms and at the old Tynecastle School.  

Extend the Foundation Plaza and make it a huge Jambos fan / party zone!

Plant some maroon (purple) leaved trees to provide some shade in the summer months!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

Would like that. 

Especially with the Old Tynecastle school being turned into Student flats and having the New Tynecastle school on it. Having it turned pedestrianised along that stretch would make sense. Could have the street made up to look good.