Tynecastle Park Hotel ( updated )

Thomaso

Jam tarts served along with the tea and coffee making facilities. Or I could offer my services as club biscuit-maker:

image.png.f575b5679a2f425509a782df6aeeea79.png

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• highlandjambo3

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

43 minutes ago, henryheart said:

This will require planning permission and an application has not been submitted.  

We do not have to follow the same rules and regulations as every one else because we are a part of the Edinburgh establishment

WorldChampions1902
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

We do not have to follow the same rules and regulations as every one else because we are a part of the Edinburgh establishment

:greggy:

I wonder how much money we spend on hotel rooms already.  Like when we sign a new player they are probably put up in a hotel for the first three or four nights until they can find accommodation.  It would certainly be a nice draw for prospective new signings to be put up in a four star on site hotel room!

Just now, tazhearts said:

I wonder how much money we spend on hotel rooms already.  Like when we sign a new player they are probably put up in a hotel for the first three or four nights until they can find accommodation.  It would certainly be a nice draw for prospective new signings to be put up in a four star on site hotel room!

I think they used to use the one by the canal at Fountain Bridge

23 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

poster above makes good point in that soon you will be able to get your hole in tynecastle 😆

:rofl:

9 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Jam tarts served along with the tea and coffee making facilities. Or I could offer my services as club biscuit-maker:

image.png.f575b5679a2f425509a782df6aeeea79.png

Nice one.

Alex Kintner

Have already pre-booked the wife and I into the Callum Elliot suite for our anniversary weekend next year. 👍🏻

:clumshot:

6 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

Surely the club will have a couple of houses on the outskirts of the city that players use until they find suitable accommodation .

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I think they used to use the one by the canal at Fountain Bridge

Think they use Dalmahoy Hotel. They are a club sponsor/partner so we probably get rooms for free or at a discounted price.

27 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Hopefully a good discount for shareholders and FOH members. :HeartsManspotrun:

Half a loyalty point for every ST holder who spends £ 50 on room service

the sub goalie

Could be an excellent tie in if we use our hospitality suites for corporate conferences etc during the week.  Course, digs and restaurant all on site, could well be a money spinner and get the stadium working well out with match day!

2 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Maroon Carpet Slippers and Dressing Gowns or GTF.

Tucked in by a player of your choice…..😊

2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I saw someone else say that on another thread a few weeks back. 

How many rooms would the second floor accommodate? Cant be more than 20 surely, but it can be a more boutique hotel.

Hotels can be a nice revenue earner for clubs, I remember seeing somewhere a few seasons back that half of Killies income came from their hotel. As other says it brings revenue 365 days a year, and with the restaurant and hospitality areas, it can help (you could do a wedding and have rooms at the venue.)

You never know, if it really worked well, Hearts could look to setting up a new hotel elsewhere.

could do similar to the house of gods boutique hotel but instead of prosecco and civerino's pizza we could serve up caley 80 and a bains pie!

2 minutes ago, Ribble said:

could do similar to the house of gods boutique hotel but instead of prosecco and civerino's pizza we could serve up caley 80 and a bains pie!

Sounds miles better than some sparkling pish and a pizza :lol:

I'm in.

5 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

If true, I wonder what it’ll be called? 

The Sir Walter or simply The Heart of Midlothian would get my vote

Student accommodation would've been more of a money spinner!

To think back to the original curved glass facade to what we'll have soon with a floor having hotel drapes :laugh:

Good that the floor is getting used at last though and it'll bring in some income with the sky restaurant benefiting too.

1 minute ago, kila said:

To think back to the original curved glass facade to what we'll have soon with a floor having hotel drapes :laugh:

Good that the floor is getting used at last though and it'll bring in some income with the sky restaurant benefiting too.

I think the club will have done their sums really well and I suspect this will make us more than just some income

41 minutes ago, the sub goalie said:

Could be an excellent tie in if we use our hospitality suites for corporate conferences etc during the week.  Course, digs and restaurant all on site, could well be a money spinner and get the stadium working well out with match day!

That's how I think it will marketed, more of an event location with a novelty factor. The museum and tour would add fun social event, the 1874 bar for the real deals to be made, we can get delegates to exit through the gift shop.  

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I think the club will have done their sums really well and I suspect this will make us more than just some income

Absolutely 👍

August could be a massive money spinner with the festival.

2 minutes ago, kila said:

Absolutely 👍

It is quite possible that before too long the clubs income will have significantly more than doubled what it was when Budge bought us It feels like we are always a couple of steps ahead and as soon as one project is up and running the next is in the pipe line

2 hours ago, tazhearts said:

Glenn Whelan and his family swanned around the Caledonian.

Vlad used the Balmoral.

Edited by DETTY29

19 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

That's how I think it will marketed, more of an event location with a novelty factor. The museum and tour would add fun social event, the 1874 bar for the real deals to be made, we can get delegates to exit through the gift shop.  

Deals done on 10 pints of the cheapest Moretti in town.

27 minutes ago, kila said:

On better news, I'd heard the student accommodation at the old school has been knocked back and unlikely to progress.

Just now, DETTY29 said:

On better news, I'd heard the student accommodation at the old school has been knocked back and unlikely to progress.

Brilliant, wonder if Hearts can start sniffing about the land if the potential real world usage is going to be pretty limited. Only the facade is listed I think so the rest could be knocked down.

jamtartan74
26 minutes ago, kila said:

Absolutely 👍

Our manager will be all over it, he loves a money spinner 🤪

This news will have Greenginger scuttling around his cage in despair.  The Council Plannning Portal will be getting 100 hits a day from him. Glorious.

The establishment club ❤️

John Findlay
4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Shagging in Tynecastle giving the Maroon light. 

Ftfy.

All roads lead to Gorgie

We need to open a honeymaroon suite. That would be a "hole" new ball game :biggrin: 

Montgomery Brewster
14 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

This news will have Greenginger scuttling around his cage in despair.  The Council Plannning Portal will be getting 100 hits a day from him. Glorious.

The establishment club ❤️

So true !

FTH

tynietigers
Just now, Sooks said:

Is it not 

A hotel on one floor 🤔 plans are in place for work to start at hopefully end of year 👍🏻 It might have rooms but not a hotel 🏨 

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, tynietigers said:

A hotel on one floor 🤔 plans are in place for work to start at hopefully end of year 👍🏻 It might have rooms but not a hotel 🏨 

Knocking shop? :oohmatron:

Jambo_jim2001
4 hours ago, Sooks said:

No but I would be surprised if they do not at least have a room with a wing back arm chair where Strachan can read them all stories about Celtic legends of the past

Val doonican style?😁

LarrysRightFoot

It’ll be great hospitality option on European nights. 

Put me down for that package.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

:yas:

kingantti1874
11 minutes ago, tynietigers said:

we have a reception, and a restaurant.  Other than bedrooms what do you need to qualify as a hotel? 

3 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Think they use Dalmahoy Hotel. They are a club sponsor/partner so we probably get rooms for free or at a discounted price.

Why would they not use the one next door to academy? Decent hotel on doorstep.

millerjames398
1 hour ago, kila said:

😂can just imagine turning the corner to see the magnificence of tynecastle, but some pissed up punter forgets to close the drapes, and yer met with come ***** lookin out, scratching their balls😖😂

LarrysRightFoot
5 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

😂can just imagine turning the corner to see the magnificence of tynecastle, but some pissed up punter forgets to close the drapes, and yer met with come ***** lookin out, scratching their balls😖😂

Hopefully they install that glass you can see out of but not into 

11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

we have a reception, and a restaurant.  Other than bedrooms what do you need to qualify as a hotel? 

And the bar 👍👍 

We should have filled it with leisure facilities…..a gym, spa, 10 pin bowling, crazy golf, escape rooms and all that other sort of stuff.

I just can’t see a hotel on the second floor of a football stadium in Gorgie being much of a draw to anyone other than Hearts supporters.

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

We should have filled it with leisure facilities…..a gym, spa, 10 pin bowling, crazy golf, escape rooms and all that other sort of stuff.

I just can’t see a hotel on the second floor of a football stadium in Gorgie being much of a draw to anyone other than Hearts supporters.

Will be near capacity every night depending on pricing, like most hotels in Edinburgh.  

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Will be near capacity every night depending on pricing, like most hotels in Edinburgh.  

Most hotels aren’t near capacity every night…..and with around 10-15 more being planned for the next couple of years I think it’s a very risky area to get involved in imo.

40 minutes ago, tynietigers said:

Intrigued what is it going to be 

• davemclaren changed the title to Tynecastle Park Hotel ( updated )