• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• highlandjambo3

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

kingantti1874
16 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Most hotels aren’t near capacity every night…..and with around 10-15 more being planned for the next couple of years I think it’s a very risky area to get involved in imo.

Time will tell.  Price it competitively and we will make money.

there is zero risk because at the present time that floor makes nothing 

Bazzas right boot
45 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

we have a reception, and a restaurant.  Other than bedrooms what do you need to qualify as a hotel? 

images (32).jpeg

Fort Vallance

West Ham one was great overlooking the pitch. Obviously that's not happening but still a pull for football tourist fans. Not sure how it will go down with a few on here that slate anybody that wants to take in a game when they're away anywhere. 

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Most hotels aren’t near capacity every night…..and with around 10-15 more being planned for the next couple of years I think it’s a very risky area to get involved in imo.

It's not an entire hotel from scratch costing £10's of millions tho. 

It's kitting out empty space we already have. 

Be  a small one with matchday and 

Probably hospitality catering for weddings and such as well as the festival / rugby Internationals in mind. 

We aren't building a hotel, be a very small number of rooms. 

2 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

West Ham one was great overlooking the pitch. Obviously that's not happening but still a pull for football tourist fans. Not sure how it will go down with a few on here that slate anybody that wants to take in a game when they're away anywhere. 

What's the West Ham stadium like? Do they still prefer Upton Park/Boleyn Ground?

SectionDJambo
2 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Is there one for every room? :wow:

Back in 1982, me and a mate went to Nice for a fortnight. We stayed in a small hotel which didn't have restaurant, but did provide a breakfast that was delivered to our door every morning by a delightful girl, complete with the traditional French maid uniform. Oh boy, did we look forward to that wee knock on the door followed by it opening with a cheery "Bonjour".

9 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Back in 1982, me and a mate went to Nice for a fortnight. We stayed in a small hotel which didn't have restaurant, but did provide a breakfast that was delivered to our door every morning by a delightful girl, complete with the traditional French maid uniform. Oh boy, did we look forward to that wee knock on the door followed by it opening with a cheery "Bonjour".

Great memory, thanks for sharing, I’ve now got that bint from Allo Allo! In my head now. 😛

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

A Goblin tea maid?

I dunno if that would be part of the service. 

SectionDJambo
3 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Great memory, thanks for sharing, I’ve now got that bint from Allo Allo! In my head now. 😛

This girl was in a different class to anything on Allo Allo.

1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

This girl was in a different class to anything on Allo Allo.

Did she serve you bongers und titties 

tynietigers
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Intrigued what is it going to be 

What I am led to believe it will have rooms but for people who have used our business facilities or if we have a wedding ect I just don’t believe the correct word is a hotel 👍🏻

Edited by tynietigers

52 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Probably hospitality catering for weddings and such as well as the festival / rugby Internationals in mind. 

Why do you always write as if it's a fact, when 9/10 it isn't.

tynietigers
55 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Couldn’t put it better myself 👍🏻

7 minutes ago, tynietigers said:

What I am led to believe it will have rooms but for people who have used our business facilities or if we have a wedding ect I just don’t believe the correct word is a hotel 👍🏻

So conferencing and retreats and things

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Why do you always write as if it's a fact, when 9/10 it isn't.

Why do you ask stupid questions? 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

We should have filled it with leisure facilities…..a gym, spa, 10 pin bowling, crazy golf, escape rooms and all that other sort of stuff.

I just can’t see a hotel on the second floor of a football stadium in Gorgie being much of a draw to anyone other than Hearts supporters.

Not sure about a gym and spa but I can't see a hotel in Gorgie being an attraction. Even for Hearts fans. My wife would certainly not fancy it. Even on my own I wouldn't. Gorgie is fine  pre and post match but otherwise?

Strange this has emerged years after the original plans and design. Desperation?

The old 1960s social club revisited? Football clubs don't have a great record with non football related activities

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Not sure about a gym and spa but I can't see a hotel in Gorgie being an attraction. Even for Hearts fans. My wife would certainly not fancy it. Even on my own I wouldn't. Gorgie is fine  pre and post match but otherwise?

Strange this has emerged years after the original plans and design. Desperation?

The old 1960s social club revisited? Football clubs don't have a great record with non football related activities

Disagree actually it is a very short walk to Haymarket and the West End and there are plenty decent restaurants there even Fountain Bridge has some lower end ones now too it is only just in Gorgie Road it is not like it is Westfield Road or whatever

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

We should have filled it with leisure facilities…..a gym, spa, 10 pin bowling, crazy golf, escape rooms and all that other sort of stuff.

I just can’t see a hotel on the second floor of a football stadium in Gorgie being much of a draw to anyone other than Hearts supporters.

Lot of nearby competition for those suggestions though bowling at Corn Exchange and Fountain Park mini golf at Fountain Park Pure Gym at Chesser ect 

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Disagree actually it is a very short walk to Haymarket and the West End and there are plenty decent restaurants there even Fountain Bridge has some lower end ones now too it is only just in Gorgie Road it is not like it is Westfield Road or whatever

Very short walk? It is for me. I walk from Waverley or Haymarket but see Hearts fans  queuing at bus stops at Haymarket. Youngsters too.

Just now, Francis Albert said:

Very short walk? It is for me. I walk from Waverley or Haymarket but see Hearts fans  queuing at bus stops at Haymarket. Youngsters too.

It is basically the length of Dalry Road away from Haymarket even closer to Fountain Park it is within striking distance of the city centre by foot and a five or ten minute bus journey 

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, tynietigers said:

Yeah, 100%.It's pretty obvious what the market is to most. 

It makes perfect sense, folk have seen the word "hotel" and let their mind run away. 

We already have the catering facilities, we do hospitality / functions / conferences. 

Clearly any space has this in mind. 

It's not going to be a 200 room all singing and dancing number. 

It will be modern and clean and small (relative to actual hotels). 

Francis Albert
15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It is basically the length of Dalry Road away from Haymarket even closer to Fountain Park it is within striking distance of the city centre by foot and a five or ten minute bus journey 

I am not sure what the attractions of Haymarket are. Or Fountain Park for someone paying for a hotel. It is within striking distance ( for the few who don't find a 30 plus minute walk daunting) of the city centre but there are a huge number of hotel rooms many pretty cheap and much closer.

The conference and meeting rooms idea seemed to me half baked given that Murrayfied could offer more and with lots of parking.

This seems more odd. 

Why did we spend money on something we did not know what to do with?

Libertonian_II
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Sensible post

davemclaren

Originally the Hearts offices were to move into that floor but they decided to keep the ‘temporary’ ones under the Wheatfield stand. 

Libertonian_II
6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I am not sure what the attractions of Haymarket are. Or Fountain Park for someone paying for a hotel. It is within striking distance ( for the few who don't find a 30 plus minute walk daunting) of the city centre but there are a huge number of hotel rooms many pretty cheap and much closer.

The conference and meeting rooms idea seemed to me half baked given that Murrayfied could offer more and with lots of parking.

This seems more odd. 

The EICC doesn't do too badly given the lack of parking  

11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

This seems more odd. 

The second floor in the main stand became surplus when Ann and the board thought the admin blocks temporary home under the wheatfield stand was fit for purpose long term.

39 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

There are probably 10 gyms within a 2 or 3 mile radius of Tynecastle….take the Hearts supporters from those gyms to a Tynecastle Gym and it will be a busy place.

32 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Lot of nearby competition for those suggestions though bowling at Corn Exchange and Fountain Park mini golf at Fountain Park Pure Gym at Chesser ect 

We can offer something different….a change of venue instead of the same old place each time. Plus….if you’re a Hearts supporter you’d rather bowl at Tynecastle than Chester.

tynietigers
7 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

The second floor in the main stand became surplus when Ann and the board thought the admin blocks temporary home under the wheatfield stand was fit for purpose long term.

It wasn’t that it was fit for purpose as such but the needless amount of money to move 👍🏻

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Originally the Hearts offices were to move into that floor but they decided to keep the ‘temporary’ ones under the Wheatfield stand. 

Fair enough.

Say there’s 10 rooms, I’m sure it will be successful. Matches, Xmas parties, weddings, functions, business conferencing  etc etc. will all do well. Flip side is the location, parking etc is maybe a problem. 
If it’s competitively priced it will do very well I’m sure

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

There are probably 10 gyms within a 2 or 3 mile radius of Tynecastle….take the Hearts supporters from those gyms to a Tynecastle Gym and it will be a busy place.

We can offer something different….a change of venue instead of the same old place each time. Plus….if you’re a Hearts supporter you’d rather bowl at Tynecastle than Chester.

Is bowling included in the new idea for the second floor? 

As a Hearts fan I am not so obsessed with Hearts that it would dictate my preference for bowling, hotel rooms or dining. But maybe Hearts have the market research to say I am wrong.

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Is bowling included in the new idea for the second floor? 

As a Hearts fan I am not so obsessed with Hearts that it would dictate my preference for bowling, hotel rooms or dining. But maybe Hearts have the market research to say I am wrong.

You're wrong about most things so I'd say it's a better than average chance that the club have a better idea than you.

Francis Albert
9 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

You're wrong about most things so I'd say it's a better than average chance that the club have a better idea than you.

Thanks for that reasoned response. It was just my opinion. 

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, Libertonian_II said:

The EICC doesn't do too badly given the lack of parking  

The EICC is a bit more central than Tynecastle. And closer to car parks.

I am not sure how well that it is doing. I  remember it got the American Bar Association (lawyers not barmen) as a first catch but have not seen much since then.

9 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Thanks for that reasoned response. It was just my opinion. 

I doubt it, just your usual tedious Shite stirring.

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

I doubt it, just your usual tedious Shite stirring.

Again thanks for the reasoned response..looking forward to the next one.

11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The EICC is a bit more central than Tynecastle. And closer to car parks.

I am not sure how well that it is doing. I  remember it got the American Bar Association (lawyers not barmen) as a first catch but have not seen much since then.

The EICC does very well from the business community both here and further afield I have been to a few retreats and things there but there is a place for smaller venues too

5 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Boutique Hotel is the wording I've heard.

Boutique hotel and a conference space would make us money you would have to think

jambodan1998
8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Boutique hotel and a conference space would make us money you would have to think

This 100% 6/10 rooms 

Boutique hotel with individual styled rooms will always sell well.

If we throw in parking then location looks great.

Also easy access to airport, while restaurant being there is also a pull.

Smaller hotels like this are much lower risk than the huge 200 room monoliths in the city centre.

Cheap to furnish, cheap to staff & low running costs

Great idea imo as someone who works in the industry

• davemclaren changed the title to Tynecastle Park Hotel ( updated )