Tynecastle Park Hotel ( updated )

Thomaso

Francis Albert
30 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Will their figures be highlighted separately. The skyline isn’t at the moment. 

It will only be highlighted if it is making money.

Sorry to be cynical ... but I have been around for a long time!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• highlandjambo3

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Increased turnover in itself doesn't mean much. The Skyline Restaurant for example will have increased our turnover. Whether it is profitable is another matter.

Yes obviously that is true but at the same time profit is not much of an indicator either because we aim to spend the majority of what we take in on being a competitive football club however turnover is directly linked to the money we take in for footballing and non footballing activities

davemclaren
24 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Me too. 😄

tynietigers
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Just expressing an opinion. I have no issue with anyone who has expressed a different opinion. I repeat time will tell. I await the annual report that tells me how much money the boutique hotel makes. And for that matter how much the Skyline Restaurant is making

The Skylounge is doing just fine 👍🏻

tynietigers
46 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

😂 so does the Gorgie have its own figures or the heritage or the strongbow or even Myreside 🤔 it’s all hospitality and you don’t just post it separate because it’s profitable 😣 sorry to be a bit cynical, but a few of us have been about full stop 😉

Edited by tynietigers

Alex Kintner
On 26/03/2022 at 15:01, Bull's-eye said:

There's two escalators I think. One I use every game and it's bloody marvelous.

Definitely helps when you’ve had a few pre-match beers. With our form this season I like to think of it as the stairway to heaven. 👍🏻

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

It's great  thing that the little details  the board  Board and Ann would never have thought about have came up on this board, otherwise we'd be in a right pickle.

Planning permission

Fit out price

Payback/ return

The difference between turnover and profit.

car parking

These are gems that the Hearts Board and decision  makers would have overlooked.

Hopefully they read this, fully re think their plans and withdraw their original presentations which I believe were a little sketchy-

See the source image

Edited by Bazzas right boot

davemclaren
22 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's great  thing that the little details  the board  Board and Ann would never have thought about have came up on this board, otherwise we'd be in a right pickle.

Planning permission

Fit out price

Payback/ return

car parking

These are gems that the Hearts Board and decision  makers would have overlooked.

Hopefully they read this, fully re think their plans and withdraw their original presentations which I believe were a little sketchy-

See the source image

Does that have a glass curtain? 😉

Bazzas right boot
Just now, davemclaren said:

Does that have a glass curtain? 😉

Dunno, but it has an escalator which may cause more anger. 

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Dunno, but it has an escalator which may cause more anger. 

Escalators are good. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, davemclaren said:

Escalators are good. 

I've no issue with them, but I personally find they have there ups and downs..... 

:jambobanana:

Doctor FinnBarr
12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Escalators are good. 

Have you ever felt like rubbing a guy's hand as you go up and he goes down (as seen on some hidden camera show)?

I'm never getting on one drunk now!

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Have you ever felt like rubbing a guy's hand as you go up and he goes down (as seen on some hidden camera show)?

:sadrobbo:

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Planning permission

Fit out price

Payback/ return

car parking

See the source image

These are the people who forgot to order the seats for a £20m new stand.

Famous 1874

Hopefully this is an Anderson and McKinlay job, and not Ann Budge.

Lets not forget that her nephews company was given the new stand contract and that her brother was employed / still employed at the 1874 bar. Should still be an enquiry into that decision to give her nephews company that deal. 

WheatfieldWarrior
3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Planning permission

Fit out price

Payback/ return

car parking

See the source image

The Parking would have been much better under Mercer's plan.  

Park and ride from east Edinburgh, with a 15 minute shuttlebus after he knocked down easter road.

14 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

Most of the old school would say they prefer The Boleyn.  But there's the start of a whole new generation that wouldn't have been able to go if they hadn't moved. They couldn't be described as glory hunters and certainly a lot more families. 

Big crowds these days, I see. Moyes seems to be a good fit for the Hammers.

3 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Lets not forget that her nephews company was given the new stand contract and that her brother was employed / still employed at the 1874 bar. Should still be an enquiry into that decision to give her nephews company that deal. 

You need corrected on a couple of points here. Her Brother was given a lot of work in the new stand and her Nephew no longer works in the 1874 Bar and hasn't done for a while now. I do agree that a die hard hibs fan should never have been given that work in the first place family or not. 

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I can confirm there are seats in the main stand. 

7 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Maybe you can chair the equity. You can also find out how she managed to get the benefactors on board🤣🤣

On 25/03/2022 at 12:27, Bazzas right boot said:

Shagging in Tynecastle giving the green light. 

LOL watch the rush to be first to book a room....

tynietigers
8 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

No he isn’t 😂

Why would you want an inquiry in to that I do not understand what you would hope to achieve from it

Firstly it wasn’t her nephew working in the new stand fit-out, it was her brother.

But why do you want an enquiry? Her brother did not cause the huge cost over run - the reasons have been done to death on here.

To summarise -

The original £12m + £1m budget was put together by the architect and cost consultant and was totally flawed. As an example they included £300k for the M&E package and the best tender came in at over £1m. 
There were also additions to the original cost plan such as the club shop, fans bar, etc, including £1m for the hybrid pitch.

Time to move on.

Fort Vallance
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Big crowds these days, I see. Moyes seems to be a good fit for the Hammers.

Considering he wasn't the most popular choice when he came in he's won most of the fans over. There's a lot of frustration against the board though. Offers made for players that were never going to be accepted just to be seen to be trying etc.

13 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Given the Skylounge hasn't been highlighted independently, are you suggesting that this is losing money? Or not making money as you put it?

3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's quite bizarre that an alleged Hearts supporter of any ilk enjoy pointing out these little foibles the club has made over the years, quite bizarre.

10 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Don't forget the total cowboy she got in to do the glazing :lol: 

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, sassenach said:

I never intend to get personal on these forums, but throughout this thread you've kept having a dig about planning permission since I mentioned it.

Of course I know that the club is aware that they need planning permission. Did you think that I thought they might be overlooking it?  Do you really think that I'm such an idiot?

I've no reason to doubt the OP in saying that the club wants to create a hotel.  They will probably be having talks with council officers about what might be allowed before submitting an application.  All I said in my post is that we will have a better idea of the scale of the hotel once an application is actually submitted.  While it's fun to speculate in the meantime, it remains just speculation, so nobody actually KNOWS what the hotel will be like.

Now please stop being rude to strangers on the internet.

Lighten up. 

Speculation is fun. 

However, having a negative undertone with every post or implying the club hasn't thought of things like planning permission or how much it would cost deserves at least a sarcastic response. 

It's a Joke, for the avoidance of confusion that was Not the clubs presentation on the hotel. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, sassenach said:

I have never had a "negative undertone" about the club on any post I have ever made on this forum.  If I can't say anything nice I don't say anything at all, because it's the key to a settled life.

For the final time, I was not suggesting that the club hasn't thought of planning permission.  Nobody else seems to have taken that from my comment either.

I originally never replied to you. 

You picked up on my post and ran with it. 

If you thought it was aimed at you, then fair enough. 

Not my problem, so please don't make it mine. 

3 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

Considering he wasn't the most popular choice when he came in he's won most of the fans over. There's a lot of frustration against the board though. Offers made for players that were never going to be accepted just to be seen to be trying etc.

I hope they do well. Not a fan of English fitbaw anymore. But I still like to see WHU and Liverpool do well.

13 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

I've never felt like doing that in my life. ever. ya looney :)

2 hours ago, cheetah said:

Don't forget the total cowboy she got in to do the glazing :lol: 

864AC8FF-E60E-4B24-9388-5EA00095FAE7.jpeg

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, sassenach said:

Yes you did, you replied to me on Saturday at 8.37.

You completely misunderstood my post, imagining that I was having a dig at the club when I wasn't.

Anyway, life's too short 👍

The post you quoted me on was a reply to FA. 

Take it easy. 

John Findlay
2 hours ago, McCrae said:

Handy for match days... but who would want to stay there at any other time?  Its not as if Gorgie is a tourist hot spot.

Yet, people fill the hotels at that tourist hotspot Edinburgh Park.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, McCrae said:

Handy for match days... but who would want to stay there at any other time?  Its not as if Gorgie is a tourist hot spot.

Not every hotel is in the city centre. 

Lots of hotels across lots of countries and cities are not in the city centre. 

Folk at a wedding, a function or a works conference would want to stay. 

Hearts fans as well. 

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Not every hotel is in the city centre. 

Lots of hotels across lots of countries and cities are not in the city centre. 

Folk at a wedding, a function or a works conference would want to stay. 

Hearts fans as well. 

The demand for accommodation in Edinburgh is huge.. always.. during the festival sold out. People up for the rugby sold out, big match days sold out, Christmas sold out.. 

As you point out there will be plenty of demand from conferences as well.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

The demand for accommodation in Edinburgh is huge.. always.. during the festival sold out. People up for the rugby sold out, big match days sold out, Christmas sold out.. 

As you point out there will be plenty of demand from conferences as well.

Yip and if anything we'll have a small number of rooms relative to " normal hotels". 

It's not like we're gonna have 300 rooms. 

As many have said, Likley around 20 rooms give or take. 

When leigh griffiths brings his family it wil be full up. 

10 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

There are now yes.

There wasn't when there initially should have been. 

You can't see one of the goals from some of them.

Just now, Hmfc1965 said:

There are now yes.

There wasn't when there initially should have been. 

You can't see one of the goals from some of them.

Really have we put some new seats in that do not have a view of the goals again because I remember we fixed that problem

8 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Firstly it wasn’t her nephew working in the new stand fit-out, it was her brother.

But why do you want an enquiry? Her brother did not cause the huge cost over run - the reasons have been done to death on here.

To summarise -

The original £12m + £1m budget was put together by the architect and cost consultant and was totally flawed. As an example they included £300k for the M&E package and the best tender came in at over £1m. 
There were also additions to the original cost plan such as the club shop, fans bar, etc, including £1m for the hybrid pitch.

Time to move on.

Never knew all this .. thank you

3 hours ago, McCrae said:

Steady now ... it is my Graceland. 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Really have we put some new seats in that do not have a view of the goals again because I remember we fixed that problem

The last time I was there, which was about a year before lockdown I think, you couldn't see the nearest goal from the last wee strip of seats before the Gorgie stand. Section T I think.

4 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

The last time I was there, which was about a year before lockdown I think, you couldn't see the nearest goal from the last wee strip of seats before the Gorgie stand. Section T I think.

Surprised to hear this since we reduced the profile of the police box to stop this being an issue we’e you sitting in one of these seats or were you sitting near them and estimating what the view would be

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Surprised to hear this since we reduced the profile of the police box to stop this being an issue we’e you sitting in one of these seats or were you sitting near them and estimating what the view would be

I was in one.

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I can't remember the timing but they cut back the police box to solve the problem. Or try to. A few rows in that section beside the police box always seem to be empty. 

Unknown user
8 hours ago, Thomaso said:

To summarise -

Time to move on.

The budget was 11m plus 1 and the pitch was included. It was meant to cover the whole redevelopment, not just the stand, and meant to include fit out, which still isn't complete.

As far as I know the budget was about double what we planned for (and still counting), not to mention taking way longer than expected, plus the issues with toilets, changing rooms, studios.

All of that can't be dismissed by pointing at the architect etc because it still means the club made a mistake when it employed them.

Being honest, I'm not that against the hotel idea, it doesn't seem like it'll cost loads so the risks are fairly minimal, but I'm just not that convinced that we make good decisions with infrastructure and to me it seems like an unwise time to step into the hotel business.

But we'll see, it's not an attack on the club, more an expression of concern, I'll be happy to be wrong

• davemclaren changed the title to Tynecastle Park Hotel ( updated )