*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

I wonder if Hearts will explore looking to sign Eoin Toal from Derry City this summer. He was linked last year and suffered injury. Captains Derry big centre half.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Lord Beni of Gorgie
29 minutes ago, Badonde said:

I’d be going all out for Dylan levitt 

Sensible shout. Wales seem to like him, not a bad thing right now. Probably best suggestion I've seen, bar doing all possible to return for Simms 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
19 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

What chance though? 

Man U got a lot of sorting out to do. Possible new manager may keep him 

tartofmidlothian
31 minutes ago, Jambos4life said:

Maybe a loan extension, I have no idea but both are genuine Instagram accounts, so why would Toby sibbick past that?

16 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

May need to pay all of his wage but we could afford another loan. Down to Everton to decide. 

I've not see this EEN interview with RN from earlier today shared. We're planning to try and get Simms on another season loan and offer Cochrane a contract if Brighton don't renew, but Moore has another year in Bristol and we aren't pursuing Woodburn.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/robbie-neilson-on-recruitment-next-seasons-targets-and-his-long-term-plan-for-hearts-3704259

2 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Man U got a lot of sorting out to do. Possible new manager may keep him 

His contract is up I’m sure and no chance Man Utd will keep him.  They have a lot of very good youngsters coming through that could make it at Man Utd.  He seemed to enjoy his time at Dundee United so we could get him in

Batistuta87

For those without Insta. Both genuine accounts: 

67FB5FE7-FBCF-4CB5-9161-41DA280FB468.jpeg

Edited by Batistuta87

2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Austin samuels feck me 😂😂😂🤦‍♂️

Just another nonsense shout. Thankfully it’ll never happen.

Bongo 1874
3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Austin samuels feck me 😂😂😂🤦‍♂️

You're right we're better than that, hell why did Dundee United ever take on young Andy Robertson from Queen's park. 

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You're right we're better than that, hell why did Dundee United ever take on young Andy Robertson from Queen's park. 

Oh good tackle by Trevor Carson I hope we sign him. 

RustyRightPeg
33 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah very good player, left footed centre half that is a good ball player. 

Was at Celtic when he was young, would be a good addition to our squad. 

The Bodo glimt model picking up local talent in the domestic league. 

And adding quality players that are free agents from other foreign teams. 

They would be better coming to us and playing, than wasting there careers on the bench for the Zombies or the Filth. 

Edit can play left back too bonus 👍

Wouldn't say it’s the Bodo Glimt model. Plenty other teams sign cheap and free domestically. 

Just think it’d be a shrewd signing, age, position, left sided and decent on the ball that’s all. 

Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, DB-14 said:

Just another nonsense shout. Thankfully it’ll never happen.

It happens every time a player plays reasonably well against hearts or looks okay in a live game in the lower leagues. Thank feck they aren’t in charge of recruitment 

Bongo 1874
2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Definitely an agenda because i don't agree with you on Robbie, its fine 👍

Jambos4life
11 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

I've not see this EEN interview with RN from earlier today shared. We're planning to try and get Simms on another season loan and offer Cochrane a contract if Brighton don't renew, but Moore has another year in Bristol and we aren't pursuing Woodburn.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/robbie-neilson-on-recruitment-next-seasons-targets-and-his-long-term-plan-for-hearts-3704259

I think it’s a genuine piece of info slipped out

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Wouldn't say it’s the Bodo Glimt model. Plenty other teams sign cheap and free domestically. 

Just think it’d be a shrewd signing, age, position, left sided and decent on the ball that’s all. 

I like the model that Savage has shown so far, Devlin, Atkinson, Sibbick & Beni - All under 23, physically robust enough to play every week and have enough experience not to make silly mistakes, plus obviously plenty of sell on potential! Hopefully can add a couple more in that bracket and a little experience too. Can't help but think we need to make a big signing at the back to offset losing Souttar. 

1 hour ago, 8skacel8 said:

Some half decent players coming towards the end of their contracts at St Johnstone. Would they be coming in to start every game, probably not. However they would be good players to have in the squad. The 4 I would consider would be ;

Zander Clark - we need a huge upgrade on Ross Stewart as number 2. Doubt he would want to be a number 2 for the two seasons though. Would be a long term replacement for Craig Gordon.

Shaun Rooney

Jamie McCart  

Callum Hendry

Definitely agree with this especially hendry.

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Definitely an agenda because i don't agree with you on Robbie, its fine 👍

No agenda, just pointing out you don’t know a good player. In a game of this rank rottenness, not one of these players should even be thought about. As you said previously we are much much better than this 

Bongo 1874
5 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Tries to be funny, it's David Carson 🙄

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

I like the model that Savage has shown so far, Devlin, Atkinson, Sibbick & Beni - All under 23, physically robust enough to play every week and have enough experience not to make silly mistakes, plus obviously plenty of sell on potential! Hopefully can add a couple more in that bracket and a little experience too. Can't help but think we need to make a big signing at the back to offset losing Souttar. 

Yeah it’s 100% the way to go for a club like us. Reality is we’re a selling club in a selling market. Without substantial investment we won’t close any gap on the top 2. 

Bongo 1874
3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

No agenda, just pointing out you don’t know a good player. In a game of this rank rottenness, not one of these players should even be thought about. As you said previously we are much much better than this 

Aye I never took into consideration, that Robbie doesn't know how to develop player's, or he doesn't play youth, my mistake. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, briever said:

It really was bewildering that Kirk never got a start in the last 5 matches - the risk reward from playing him speaks for itself.

I think he might’ve been injured at some point but with Simms struggling I was hoping to see a bit more of him. 

Rick Sanchez

Samuels, Spittal, Rogic, Bitton.

Some expecting to smash into the next level next season. Some thinking about Europe after Christmas.

An absolute cluster**** of nonsense.

Forrest and Shankland are our level, hence why they're continually talked about. Anything better than that and you probably won't know them and it'll be thanks to our scouting team.

And 3rd again and enjoying the ride in Europe is currently our level.

RustyRightPeg

Callum Hendry has the tools to be a cracking striker, fast, strong and that finish just there was fantastic. 

If he can add a bit of consistency like he has in the second half of the season he could be an asset. Still young too. 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

WE SHOULD BUY HENDRY POSTS INCOMING!!!!!!

Not saying we should!!!

Bongo 1874
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Callum Hendry has the tools to be a cracking striker, fast, strong and that finish just there was fantastic. 

If he can add a bit of consistency like he has in the second half of the season he could be an asset. Still young too. 

He's available on a pre? 

Berra than you
2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He's scored 9 goals since January for that St Johnstone team. Had a good break through season if I recall then stalled for a little while. Definitely got something. 

BackOfTheNet

I’m surprised the boy McAlear who scored that sublime free kick in the first leg hadn’t been touted yet. On loan from Norwich who’ve just released him. Seeing Someone score a decent goal in Scottish football on Sky Sports usually means their name gets brought up on transfer threads for at least three windows, no?

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

He's scored 9 goals since January for that St Johnstone team. Had a good break through season if I recall then stalled for a little while. Definitely got something. 

Yep. Consistency. Didn’t cut it at Aberdeen last year, but he looks like he’s matured and maybe that’s what being punted out to Killie for the first half of the season and the reality check of going down a league might’ve done for him. 

Edited by RustyRightPeg

2 hours ago, briever said:

They are within our wage structure because they bought into the plan - that's going to be more difficult when players and agents know we're not broke.

That doesn't really make sense.  They will surely be more likely to buy into the plan given part of it has already been realised.  I can't see why players like Beni would hold out for 6k a week at Hearts because we are actually in Europe (which would be the plan he was sold).  If the alternative is to play for Hibs/Aberdeen for 3k a week on the basis they have a plan, it certainly makes no sense.

RustyRightPeg
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He's available on a pre? 

Believe so. My concerns would be consistency as I’ve mentioned in my post just up a touch. 

Having Naismith in and around the first team and mentoring him could be a good match though.

Wouldnt surprise me to see him end up at Dundee Utd or someone of the sort.

Bongo 1874
6 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Believe so. My concerns would be consistency as I’ve mentioned in my post just up a touch. 

Having Naismith in and around the first team and mentoring him could be a good match though.

Wouldnt surprise me to see him end up at Dundee Utd or someone of the sort.

Nah according to some Hearts only target quality, but we could have had shankland who we now want, but will require a fee to get, you're spot on he could do a job at Hearts he's young, causes defences all sorts of problems, and who's to say he wouldn't get better playing in a team that is a step up. 

He's isn't a risk signing we would get him on a free if it doesn't work out, then it's hardly breaking the bank to get him. 

All player's go through bad spells the thing i like about him, is the good ones, go back for more he's hungry. 

Good recommendation feck the rest that try to take this piss, they probably only wash once a month. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

HeartsandonlyHearts
9 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’m surprised the boy McAlear who scored that sublime free kick in the first leg hadn’t been touted yet. On loan from Norwich who’ve just released him. Seeing Someone score a decent goal in Scottish football on Sky Sports usually means their name gets brought up on transfer threads for at least three windows, no?

That’s not the half of it. It gets worse as the #obos sign everyone and their grandmother and Hearts are just “sitting on their hands doing nothing”

The first Savage out will be around June 28th.

RustyRightPeg
5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Nah according to some Hearts only target quality, but we could have had shankland who we now want, but will require a fee to get, you're spot on he could do a job at Hearts he's young, causes defences all sorts of problems, and who's to say he wouldn't get better playing in a team that is a step up. 

He's isn't a risk signing we would get him on a free if it doesn't work out, then it's hardly breaking the bank to get him. 

All player's go through bad spells the thing i like about him, is the good ones, go back for more he's hungry. 

Good recommendation feck the rest that try to take this piss, they probably only wash once a month. 

😂😂 steady now. 

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

That’s not the half of it. It gets worse as the #obos sign everyone and their grandmother and Hearts are just “sitting on their hands doing nothing”

The first Savage out will be around June 28th.

Yup, people will get more and more antsy as things go on, people will say Hearts have blown the season as no one in signed in next 4 weeks. All forgetting that last year until Beni signed at the end of July, we had only made Ginnelly and Stewart's loans permanent and signed Cochrane on loan.

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yup, people will get more and more antsy as things go on, people will say Hearts have blown the season as no one in signed in next 4 weeks. All forgetting that last year until Beni signed at the end of July, we had only made Ginnelly and Stewart's loans permanent and signed Cochrane on loan.

We don’t have the luxury of extending our pre season this year though. The premier sports games against cove etc were glorified friendlies. 

We’re straight into important European games this year and we need new players to be settled and hit the ground running.

I’m not expecting new signings in the next week or so but seeing these impatient people shouldn’t come as a surprise if we get to say mid June and it’s still all quiet. 

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

We don’t have the luxury of extending our pre season this year though. The premier sports games against cove etc were glorified friendlies. 

We’re straight into important European games this year and we need new players to be settled and hit the ground running.

I’m not expecting new signings in the next week or so but seeing these impatient people shouldn’t come as a surprise if we get to say mid June and it’s still all quiet. 

re your last paragraph, the one issue with that is say we are looking at out of contract players from england i believe most contracts in england end on 30th june unlike up here which i think is end of may

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

re your last paragraph, the one issue with that is say we are looking at out of contract players from england i believe most contracts in england end on 30th june unlike up here which i think is end of may

Yeah I know. Not to be disrespectful but some of your casual kickbackers might not know that, it’s the point I’m trying to make re the impatient ones when they don’t always know the ins and outs 

for example today, I saw someone post an article of James Forrest signing a new deal at Celtic saying can all this Forrest to hearts nonsense be put to bed, when quite evidently it’s been Alan we’re after…

Edited by RustyRightPeg

kingantti1874
16 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Yeah I know. Not to be disrespectful but some of your casual kickbackers might not know that, it’s the point I’m trying to make re the impatient ones when they don’t always know the ins and outs 

for example today, I saw someone post an article of James Forrest signing a new deal at Celtic saying can all this Forrest to hearts nonsense be put to bed, when quite evidently it’s been Alan we’re after…

earlier in the thread there was a lengthy discussion on James Forrest - how he was out of contract and looked set to leave.  

Alan Forrest is a public target, James Forrest was one mooted on this thread

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

earlier in the thread there was a lengthy discussion on James Forrest - how he was out of contract and looked set to leave.  

Alan Forrest is a public target, James Forrest was one mooted on this thread

James Forrest signed a new contract about a week and a half ago now though not sure why he was ever mentioned

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

James Forrest signed a new contract about a week and a half ago now though not sure why he was ever mentioned

Becuase he hadn’t signed a new contract when someone mooted him as an option.  Weeks ago

john thomas
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Atkinson and Sibbick don't make silly mistakes ?

They both can and , hopefully , will improve but far from the finished article

10 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Atkinson and Sibbick don't make silly mistakes ?

They both can and , hopefully , will improve but far from the finished article

Im talking Jordan McGhee levels of silly mistakes. Neither are the finished article and for good reason. Neilson can improve them and hopefully this will result in a transfer fee the club can benefit from. 

Dick Dastardly
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Those two aren’t our academy products though, time will tell if he gives any meaningful game time to any of our own youngsters next season. 

Yeah, i know they aren't our academy players, i was just pointing out that age isn't necessarily a barrier to breaking into the team. 

Dick Dastardly
3 hours ago, briever said:

They aren't products of our youth system - Neilson has a problem with young players, a common player amongst managers that dont have a huge amount of confidence in their own abilities.

I don't think Neilson has any lack of confidence in his abilities 

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Our euro adventure doesn't start till mid Aug so league will be well under way by then.

We should be doing our business early doors though, a few reasons - we've known our position for a few months now, we also should be the best option for our captive market (great city, great stadium, European football, exposure and competitive wages). 

So I don't really see the why we should be sat around waiting for guys to make their minds up, deadlines by Mid June to sign or move on.  There will obviously be the occasion where clubs will be looking to hold off but again we should be more forceful this summer.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***