*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Rick Sanchez
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

My problem with him is that we break up the park, he ends up with a 1 on 1 and rather than use his pace to beat the player the t-rex arms come up and slows right down to attempt skill he can barely execute to try and beat the man to end up either ****ing up the bit of skill or by the time he's done it the rest of the defenders are back so his cross is headed away or shot blocked. 

I'd like to see Gino stop trying all this trickery and flare and just kick and chase and see where he ends up. I think it would work far better for him than what he's doing now. Seeing him slow down to try and beat a defender hurts my soul :D I think in close situations his ball skills are great but when it comes to beating a man he's just not convincing me. 

This is all I'll see now :laugh:

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Dick Dastardly
31 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Never thought I'd live to see the day where Jack Hendry can demand champions league football :laugh:

He's transformed himself from shite, into a a good player, that's all. They'll be wanting more than he's worth, just like what they paid for him.

As others have said in the thread, a loan might be a good option if he isn't wanted at his club

Dick Dastardly
30 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He knows what Hearts are like as a club so he’d be smart to consider us IMO.

We’re the best route into the national set up outside the old firm and neither of them will take him.

Thats a good point. I know nothing about his personality but in one of the articles i read he came across as quite full of himself and was calling out the manager for dropping him, claiming he was the best defender in the squad. Would he be worth any potential disharmony in our squad if he was dropped? 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

You think? I also thought he was terrible at tynecastle 

I know what you mean. Maybe not terrible, but only had one or two ineffective forays. That match, if he thought we were interested, was the perfect opportunity to shine. He didn't.

57 minutes ago, OTT said:

My problem with him is that we break up the park, he ends up with a 1 on 1 and rather than use his pace to beat the player the t-rex arms come up and slows right down to attempt skill he can barely execute to try and beat the man to end up either ****ing up the bit of skill or by the time he's done it the rest of the defenders are back so his cross is headed away or shot blocked. 

I'd like to see Gino stop trying all this trickery and flare and just kick and chase and see where he ends up. I think it would work far better for him than what he's doing now. Seeing him slow down to try and beat a defender hurts my soul :D I think in close situations his ball skills are great but when it comes to beating a man he's just not convincing me. 

😄 Gino's a good option. 

2 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Needs a final product to go with the pace or it’s useless.

There you go mate : - )

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

😄 Gino's a good option. 

:P I think he might be more of a striker than a winger. He seems more effective through the middle. 

RustyRightPeg
50 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Thats a good point. I know nothing about his personality but in one of the articles i read he came across as quite full of himself and was calling out the manager for dropping him, claiming he was the best defender in the squad. Would he be worth any potential disharmony in our squad if he was dropped? 

If he came to us he’d play IMO. There’s enough lads in our dressing room to keep him in his place as well as Jig and Neilson. He’s a confident lad no doubt but maybe needs a reality check. 

Dick Dastardly
29 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

If he came to us he’d play IMO. There’s enough lads in our dressing room to keep him in his place as well as Jig and Neilson. He’s a confident lad no doubt but maybe needs a reality check. 

👍🏻 

Just now, Agentjambo said:

5 goals in 35 games…prolific.

You said he needs to find an end product though well there you go you should be happy for him and the team because he does have one 

40 minutes ago, OTT said:

:P I think he might be more of a striker than a winger. He seems more effective through the middle. 

He totally is in my opinion too

Agentjambo
Just now, Sooks said:

You said he needs to find an end product though well there you go you should be happy for him and the team because he does have one 

Maybe a bit more consistency then,and end product doesn’t only mean goals for wingers….assists also.

Watt-Zeefuik
7 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

If we can reasonably afford the transfer fee Wolves want for Ronan, we should be all over that like a tramp on hot chips. Getting him and RCC or Dhanda on perm deals, or Kayky on loan from Man City (someone said we might be signing a Brazilian on loan if we qualified for UEL) would be incredible business. 

I can see us signing one or two or maybe even three on loan but a brazillian seems like a bit too many . . .

5 hours ago, R1874 said:

RCC top scorer in league playing for Ross County

Imagine him with Mckay, Simms etc. On a free, seems a no-brainer to me

Only issue is he's only been a big goal threat for one season. Just smells a bit fishy. (As in the kind raised in pens in the lochs.)

5 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Maybe a bit more consistency then,and end product doesn’t only mean goals for wingers….assists also.

He is not really playing as a classic winger though and if he was then his goals stats would be pretty respectable for our level ………… Ibtake your point though he could do with scoring more

I really like him though and I think he could be a real asset in Europe

Rick Sanchez

Forrest starting for Livingston having been dropped entirely a couple of games ago.

Connor Ronan nowhere to be seen...might be injured 🤷‍♂️

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, DMac-89 said:

Levitt scoring another long range effort. Surely worth a look given his form at Utd.

Yes please. 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
6 hours ago, hisnameis said:

Never saw Paterson as a footballer or a right back for that matter. He is athletic and good in the air but thats it. No thank you. The boy is probably picking up a packet at SW anyway.

I suspect you're right about the money. I asked a Wednesday supporting friend how CP's doing this season. He replied:

" He’s played in practically every position except goalie, he did well last year as a striker for us in the Championship and has performed well this year wherever he’s played. Not the greatest on one sense, but he has a good footballing mind-drawing defenders away from his fellow strikers etc . He is well loved at Wednesday, a great character and great fun-he’ll be a great team builder. He’s a fit as a flea and terrorises the opposition as he careers around the pitch."

Popular here in Sheffield and on better money? It's a non-starter, isn't it?

8 hours ago, bringonthesevco said:

I think its highly likely that we'll pay a decent fee for someone this summer , whether its Ronan or not I dont know but if we want to progress I think we'll start seeing us paying a few decent fees.

The real question is do we use his goal v us in his signing video? It’s by far his best…!

2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Been bombed out by the new coach.

Why’s he playing in the most important game of the season right now then? 

hmfc_liam06

Hendry

Ronan

Levitt

Shankland

Plus securing Cochrane and Simms, along with another wide player would be a cracking summer.

BelgeJambo
2 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

As others have said in the thread, a loan might be a good option if he isn't wanted at his club

Jack Hendry Played tonight in what was basically a championship decider and won 1-0

Edited by BelgeJambo

18 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Care to explain why?

I will not speak for Johan but I would guess that he is pointing out that you seem to have a rather un fair dislike of Ginnelly and that it stops you giving him credit when he quite obviously does well for us 

Agentjambo
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I will not speak for Johan but I would guess that he is pointing out that you seem to have a rather un fair dislike of Ginnelly and that it stops you giving him credit when he quite obviously does well for us 

No not at all,do I think he’s good enough going forward(next level) no.

credit where it’s due he had a good game…

Edited by Agentjambo

40 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Turns out Connor Ronan is back at Wolves already with an ankle injury.

Packing his bags hopefully :D 

10 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Henderson needs a chance too from Alloa , Liam Smith from Dundee United  and if Callumm Morrison has a good season under the plumber he could get a chance to come back 😂

Unlike Smith or Morrison, Henderson is still our player and I'm sure he'll be given a chance during pre-season to show if he's good enough to claim a place in our squad.  I have my doubts, but it's very much last chance saloon for the laddie, as if he can't impress then there seems no point holding onto him and putting him out on loan for another season.

1 minute ago, RobNox said:

Unlike Smith or Morrison, Henderson is still our player and I'm sure he'll be given a chance during pre-season to show if he's good enough to claim a place in our squad.  I have my doubts, but it's very much last chance saloon for the laddie, as if he can't impress then there seems no point holding onto him and putting him out on loan for another season.

Can’t see it myself I think he will be away on a permanent deal in the summer maybe even in the premiership wouldn’t look out of place at a Livingston or St Mirren.

4 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Can’t see it myself I think he will be away on a permanent deal in the summer maybe even in the premiership wouldn’t look out of place at a Livingston or St Mirren.

I'm pretty much with you, unless he somehow sets the heather on fire in pre-season, but I tend to think if he had that in him, we'd have seen it before now, especially when we were playing in the Championship.

If he wasn't deemed ready enough to step into this season's first team squad, then how will he be ready for next season, given that we will be looking to improve on what we already have, so the standard will be higher.  

10 hours ago, Ford Prentice said:

Agent stalls hoping for more cash. We tell Barry we may look elsewhere. Forrest says to agent WTF. Forrest signs.

Or not - not too fashed either way. about Forrest. Doubt we'll see Ronan here though "sizeable six figure transfer fee" unlikely I'd have thought.

Joe Savage at the FOH open evening a week past Monday said if we are interested in a player but their agent's demands are unrealistic, we tell him to "jog on" and turn our attentions elsewhere.  "Jog on" were the words Joe used, hence my putting them in quotation marks.

TyphoonJambo
13 hours ago, Newton51 said:

I know this account not the most reliable 

Not been impressed at all with RCC.

Edited by TypoonJambo

11 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

More impressive than Boyce though to be fair...

RustyRightPeg
9 hours ago, RobNox said:

Joe Savage at the FOH open evening a week past Monday said if we are interested in a player but their agent's demands are unrealistic, we tell him to "jog on" and turn our attentions elsewhere.  "Jog on" were the words Joe used, hence my putting them in quotation marks.

He said something similar on the podcast interview he did last year (can’t remember which one). Along the lines of we’re not going to be f****d about take it or leave it. 

17 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Was quiet against us but his goal tally from a wing position for a team like County is impressive. Good squad player at the very least

Dick Dastardly
9 minutes ago, Steak said:

Was quiet against us but his goal tally from a wing position for a team like County is impressive. Good squad player at the very least

My main worry is that he is a one season wonder. He hasn't had a similar goal tally before but i think that he is maybe playing further forward than he has done in previous seasons. I haven't seen enough of him to really know whether he has the ability to improve us

Edited by Dick Dastardly

Bazzas right boot

Signing the better players from the rest as well as getting a few gems from elsewhere is exactly what we should be doing. 

That Levitt on loan  from Man utd has caught my eye, even without his goals he's a tidy, technical player. 

As I side note I can see GMS and McEneff leaving. 

Gino might stay for another season. 

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

Jack Hendry Played tonight in what was basically a championship decider and won 1-0

Bawz, Union St not wining it them, what a story that was. 

Agentjambo
5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Signing the better players from the rest as well as getting a few gems from elsewhere is exactly what we should be doing. 

That Levitt on loan  from Man utd has caught my eye, even without his goals he's a tidy, technical player. 

Levitt is a very good player,out of contact in the summer too.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Agentjambo said:

Levitt is a very good player,out of contact in the summer too.

Interesting. 

6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Its been a long time IMO since we’ve really managed to do that effectively but it makes so much common sense. If we can add the likes of Forrest, Ronan, RCC etc then we’ll be in a good place. (I think JJ signing Kyle, Hamill, Grainger, Taouill and Sutton was maybe the last period where we did this - could be wrong?)

Consistent European football and being able to offer a competitive wage to what’s on offer down south will probably be the swinger. 

Im disappointed with McEneff. Robbie has given him a run out and he’s not really put in the sort of performance a fringe player needs to put in to force his way in. With him being a self described ‘box to box’ midfielder, he really should have done better here IMO.

Dick Dastardly
10 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Alfie May please.

Looks like he's had a good season and a few clubs after him. Doesn't seem to have scored many in previous seasons. Have you seen him play? 

Rocky jamboa

We probably need to add a keeper to our wish list. Stewart doesn't seem the answer at all. We need a better back up to Gordon, plus also someone who can take over from him in the next couple of years. Maybe a decent young keeper from an EPL club down south, who would benefit from working under Gordon.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***