*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Watt-Zeefuik
5 hours ago, Monsieur Maroon said:

You’d imagine a 3rd place finish in the EL would be quite a challenge

In Fortress Tynecastle we trust. A win and two draws at home plus a draw on the road should be enough to scrape third in most groups. Really depends on our draw—in some of the groups last season we'd be fine, in others we'd have no chance.

But remember Rangers nearly won the whole competition last season and we managed a draw at Ibrox. Those would be tough, tough games, but also nothing we haven't seen before.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Ricardo Quaresma

The groups are all about the head-to-heads, if we take care of the team next to us, they're 4th in EL and we're 3rd

Same goes foe ECL, but with one above and one below instead

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Need a strong CM with some pace that can tackle and pass. 

We have one. He’s injured, that’s the problem.

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Halkett’s injury might impact our signing plans. Too late for the qualifier mind you.

We needed another CB anyway.

BackOfTheNet
9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We needed another CB anyway.

Have a feeling we weren’t going to sign one. Thought we would sign 2 at most before the deadline, depending on the diagnosis I can see that jump to 3. (Or maybe less if we go for targets and miss out again)

Watt-Zeefuik
28 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Halkett’s injury might impact our signing plans. Too late for the qualifier mind you.

At this point I'd happily take one for Parkhead.

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

At this point I'd happily take one for Parkhead.

We’ll go there and sit in and lose 4-0. No matter who plays. Putting us in just the right frame of mind for next Thursday. :thumbsup:

We’ll go there and sit in and lose 4-0. No matter who plays. Putting us in just the right frame of mind for next Thursday. :thumbsup:

Attack or defend its a hard shift at Parkhead when they're on it  

They look immense just now so we're probably going to get horsed regardless. 

Jamboscanbevicius

We badly need a RCB

We could do with a CM

And probably one more option up top

Ideally a second choice GK

The recruitment lads are

going to need to earn their wages next couple of weeks! 

Arthur Morgan
22 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

The recruitment lads are

going to need to earn their wages next couple of weeks! 

👍🏻

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Have a feeling we weren’t going to sign one. Thought we would sign 2 at most before the deadline, depending on the diagnosis I can see that jump to 3. (Or maybe less if we go for targets and miss out again)

We've lost Moore and Souttar since last season and only added Rowles (Neilson is clearly not seen as first team yet). I thought it was bizarre some people didn't think we needed another one given we were always a Halkett injury away from being down to the bare bones. Him missing a few weeks shouldn't make a difference to our plans.

BackOfTheNet
Just now, DC_92 said:

We've lost Moore and Souttar since last season and only added Rowles (Neilson is clearly not seen as first team yet). I thought it was bizarre some people didn't think we needed another one given we were always a Halkett injury away from being down to the bare bones. Him missing a few weeks shouldn't make a difference to our plans.

I certainly have always thought we needed another CB, think most of us have wanted another (we all wants loadsa signings anyway) but the noises from the club have not exactly given us any indication that’s the case. And the ITK chat has not exactly been correct much this window, so can take anything said with a pinch of salt - such as Boyata! :lol: I do think the club weren’t going for a defender. Halkett’s injury, even if just a scare and not out for long, might just prompt them into a change of tact though.

Jamboscanbevicius
2 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Balogun please 

Would take him in a second but don’t see us going down this route. 

PS - would also take Rogic and Zander Clark but don’t think they’ll happen either

Edited by Jamboscanbevicius

There is such a massive drop in quality from our starting 11 to the backups, GK, defence, midfield and striker needed if our form isn't going to suffer when an injury or two inevitably happens

Jamboscanbevicius
1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

There is such a massive drop in quality from our starting 11 to the backups, GK, defence, midfield and striker needed if our form isn't going to suffer when an injury or two inevitably happens

Not just injuries. We’re playing Thurs/Sun then we are going to need fresh legs and a little rotation. 

It’s a lot better than we’ve had in years being able to bring Smith, Boyce and Forrest off the bench tbf though. And still have the likes of GMS and Halliday there.

We don’t need loads. But 3-4 good quality additions will be needed still.

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Don’t think so, we can add two new signings if we take two out of our list for next week. Think that’s the case anyway. UEFA stuff difficult read, even harder to understand 

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t think so, we can add two new signings if we take two out of our list for next week. Think that’s the case anyway. UEFA stuff difficult read, even harder to understand 

Don’t think that right. We’ve registered and finalised our squad for the two ties as of yesterday. We can make changes come registration for the group stage, but the only players eligible to play next week are who were eligible tonight. Even if we have space and make a signing.

As otherwise teams with money who lose a first leg can just splash the cash to win the tie in the 2nd leg potentially.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Don’t think that right. We’ve registered and finalised our squad for the two ties as of yesterday. We can make changes come registration for the group stage, but the only players eligible to play next week are who were eligible tonight. Even if we have space and make a signing.

As otherwise teams with money who lose a first leg can just splash the cash to win the tie in the 2nd leg potentially.

Maybe, maybe not. 

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Dundee united added a new signing for their second leg last week

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Who?

Aziz Behich. Though just had a look and I think i might have it wrong, and its that he got his work permit to play second leg.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Aziz Behich. Though just had a look and I think i might have it wrong, and its that he got his work permit to play second leg.

Was gonna say, that doesn’t sound right. Likely signed and registered before as had association approval, but couldn’t play without the permit.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Nothing has changed after tonight. We still need at least 3 quality additions.

I remain disappointed that progress seems stagnant.

9 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Was gonna say, that doesn’t sound right. Likely signed and registered before as had association approval, but couldn’t play without the permit.

He was definitely registered before the first leg. The question was asked at the time.

Arthur Morgan
10 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I did expect more, tbh.

BackOfTheNet

Going to start this by saying I’m not bashing Neilson here, but whether we play Europa or Conference, and whether we sign no one or 4 players, do we really think we’ll see much difference in performances around Europe than we did tonight? As I say, not bashing, but he’s not exactly known for setting up properly in the big games.

13 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Certainly not where I hoped or thought we would be but there is still time. 

I had Atkinson and Devlin down as two players who would show the most improvement season over season. Not looking good on my Atkinson shout so far. 

As it stands, we are going to have to make at least 3 or 4 good quality signings. Tonight highlighted how below average we are, compared to below average European competition. 

18 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

As it stands, we are going to have to make at least 3 or 4 good quality signings. Tonight highlighted how below average we are, compared to below average European competition. 

There is definitely a lot of room for improvement. Thought our midfield really let us down. Maybe explains why we’ve been looking at midfielders. 

5 minutes ago, Big Bruno said:

Definitely take him on a 1 year deal.

another lefty I think? can't turn down good players but need some balance.

For me, some height in backline and front line is a priority.  

J.T.F.Robertson

We were dodgy at the back on a number of occasions. That time late in the second half when they caught us with just 2 or 3 defenders was a a real WTF moment.

It's late in the game, we're down by one with a home leg still to come and we've piled forward like that.

I would REALLY like a physical presence up front, anaw, as opposed to our midgets.

4 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

We were dodgy at the back on a number of occasions. That time late in the second half when they caught us with just 2 or 3 defenders was a a real WTF moment.

It's late in the game, we're down by one with a home leg still to come and we've piled forward like that.

I would REALLY like a physical presence up front, anaw, as opposed to our midgets.

Agree with this, an option to go long is needed when the midfield is being poor 

If we were penny pinching we'd have filled out the squad already with average players. We could have signed Joe Wright and Jacob Davenport but chose not to.

We haven't replaced Souttar yet because we are looking for genuine quality. Whether we get it remains to be seen.

Jamboscanbevicius
6 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Balogun 6’3” for Cb and Nouble 6’4” for CF 🤷🏻‍♂️

Maybe Rogic 6’2” for CM for good measure 

3 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

If we were penny pinching we'd have filled out the squad already with average players. We could have signed Joe Wright and Jacob Davenport but chose not to.

We haven't replaced Souttar yet because we are looking for genuine quality. Whether we get it remains to be seen.

Hope you’re right. 

Jambo 4 Ever
11 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I’m not convinced 

1 hour ago, karipidis said:

Balogun please 

If Rangers don't offer him terms (surely they would've done so already) then it would make sense on a number of levels. A one year deal with a one year option. He's 34 but fit, big and quick and seemingly settled in Scotland. Did well in Europe for Rangers last season. 

Looks like the widely held consensus is we're at least 3/4 quality players short. Not helped that some of our most important players as the squad stands do appear somewhat predisposed to injury. 

Naisys Tackle
12 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I’m not convinced 

Why not?

You werent convinced we would sign a goal scoring forward then we signed Shankland.

Here is your platform.  Based on what makes you unconvinced? 

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Carter said:

If Rangers don't offer him terms (surely they would've done so already) then it would make sense on a number of levels. A one year deal with a one year option. He's 34 but fit, big and quick and seemingly settled in Scotland. Did well in Europe for Rangers last season. 

Looks like the widely held consensus is we're at least 3/4 quality players short. Not helped that some of our most important players as the squad stands do appear somewhat predisposed to injury. 

Hibs have seemingly offered a deal and the poor lad is stalling. 

pettigrewsstylist
8 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

another lefty I think? can't turn down good players but need some balance.

For me, some height in backline and front line is a priority.  

Tha amount of free headers we have got away with already this season is concerning.  Our luck must be due to run out.

8 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Thought that within about 5 minutes. They seemed to have so many players with their head up looking to go forward but I  thought they looked bang average but still better than us as a team .Tynie will be rocking but is that enough ?

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***